• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introvert or Extrovert?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Hey guys. This is probably something I should now already but I'm always changing my perception of what I am, so I was hoping y'all could help me.

I'm sociable and talk A LOT (people always say I need to work on shutting up at work or when I was in school), and I open up to new people very quickly. If I want to, I know I can make someone feel like we've been friends forever. But on my own time I almost never want to make plans with people because I enjoy dedicating my free time to all my personal projects, and most people are just a distraction. I would say personal development is much more important than relationships, hence why I'm a fucking bore at parties.

For that reason I can't say I have a lot of close friends. I have a few that can deal with my long periods of detachment, but I definitely go through phases where I meet someone, I'm super into them and see them all the time, and then somehow we fizzle and I don't really give them the time of the day. I've done that at least a dozen times in the past 3 or 4 years.

Quizzes always type me as an Introvert because I like focusing on my own projects, but to me an introvert is a person dedicated to self-reflection and inward facing energy, which I wouldn't say matches me...I don't spend time alone for myself (FAR from it, I can't even tell you the last time I've analyzed my feelings) I spend time alone because I'm a type A workaholic and I like planning and working towards my personal goals.

What would you type that as? I know some people can go between introvert and extrovert based on the situation but how do you determine what you're more inclined towards?

Anyway, I apologize for the essay. Here a picture of a wombat to thank you for your time.
wombatLg.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's funny that you type yourself as an introvert in your quizzes. You're undergoing introspection when that is going on so it is easier to fall in that realm. You seem very obvious to me that you're an extrovert, not only typing by this thread but by others, you give off a very extrovert vibe to me. For me it seems quite easy for this answer.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed, extrovert. It would be a rare introvert to find the energy to cycle through 3-4 people a year.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're ENTJ aren't you?

Well, you dig deep to discover who people are, when you get to the end, you don't give them the time of day? lol

<- Guilty

Sometimes it just takes so long to figure some people out, and I think by the time I do eventually figure them out. I'm over it. If I could figure a person out from the beginning I would probably stay more friendly, but at arms length. Unless of course the person makes me want to see if there is more even though I understand them.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
It's funny that you type yourself as an introvert in your quizzes. You're undergoing introspection when that is going on so it is easier to fall in that realm. You seem very obvious to me that you're an extrovert, not only typing by this thread but by others, you give off a very extrovert vibe to me. For me it seems quite easy for this answer.
I definitely had a major duh moment reading that. Of course it would be easy to get mistyped. I think part of the confusion is that introversion seems to be so more focused on in personality theory than ever before, that it's easy to associate with it (whether correctly or not).

You're ENTJ aren't you?

Well, you dig deep to discover who people are, when you get to the end, you don't give them the time of day? lol

<- Guilty

Sometimes it just takes so long to figure some people out, and I think by the time I do eventually figure them out. I'm over it. If I could figure a person out from the beginning I would probably stay more friendly, but at arms length. Unless of course the person makes me want to see if there is more even though I understand them.
ENTP I think, super type A, which explains the personality of a steamroller.

Hmmm that's interesting, maybe we're both to some degree motivated by the mystery of getting to know someone? A guy who was reading my ~future once told me that I often lose interest in getting to know someone doesn't display the same level of depth as me, but some days I wonder if it's quite the opposite, where it has little to do with depth and more so the mystery of something new and unexplored.