• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

need help with typing

noyo

you can do enneagram as well, if you want to.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The fact that the function orders I get front tests aren't lined up as the should be.
To explain it better: the latest cognitive functions test I did game me these three results (from most to least likely): ENTJ, ESTP, INTJ; but my functions order was this: Te- Se- Ne=Ni- Ti- Fi- Si- Fe. It's just really random (for example, shouldn't Ni be higher than Se in an ENTJ?).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Serenity (as I don't truly believe in long-lasting happiness). Being able to reach all the important goals I set for myself. Being able to do what I like (and gain money from it at the same time, if possible). And why not, lately I've also been wanting to get married and have kids.
Because I want my independence to be free of anyone's influence. I want to decide for myself, but at the same time I don't want to be alone, and having people close to me would be great, without having to depend on them though.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
This can happen in different situations. When I have achieved something that is important to me, or when I have finished a piece of art or of writing that I am satisfied with, or when I have solved a difficult problem, or even just when I am having fun with my friends.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not many things, to be honest. Maybe just social skills? I am not very good at picking cues/understanding people and often someone points out things about people that everyone else had noticed but that I hadn't. That can make me feel lost at times.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I try to consider what will get me to the desired result in the shortest time possible. I also rely a lot on my gut instincts, as I have learned to listen to them, they're usually right.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Again, I try to get there in the shortest time possible. I do like to have control.
In group projects I like being in charge, but I don't necessarily seek leadership: if there is already a leader and they are good enough, it is fine by me. But if there is indecisiveness or conflict between the members that is slowing down the work, I will quickly make decisions and try to fix things.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
All my funniest memories are either about hanging out with friends or going for explorations in the nature (either alone or with other people). I love going for hikes or just walking in the woods or being around animals.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Speaking about topics? Natural sciences, foreign languages, new sport or drawing techniques.
Speaking about learning styles? I learn better by doing things myself or by seeing them. Also associating notions with a certain song helps me memorize them better.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
My physical space is not very well-organized, not by the standard definition, at least. I have my own personal order, which might look just like a mess to other people, but it works well for me, as I can always find everything.
My mental order is ok. I always have a lot of ideas going on through my mind, but I try to "classify" them, to prioritize the most important ones and discard the others. For example, I am thinking up a story and I am keeping a list of all the characters with all the information about them and their designs.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
First of all, they have to have a concrete, practical application. I tend to discard fancy and impractical ideas, or ideas that wouldn't benefit anyone. Theory is important just up to a certain point, after which it starts to get impossible to make ideas into realities.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter, definitely.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Sometimes I speak before thinking, other times I think before speaking.
I have no real preference.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
If the situation is unexpected, I usually jump into it without thinking too much; if I have some time I'd like to know what I am getting into, though.
Actions definitely matter more than words. Words alone mean nothing to me.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If there is an easy way for me to get there, sure. I can always watch the show online tomorrow.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I try to bottle it up as long as possible and I'll become more and more withdrawn because of it; when I reach my breaking point I have a terrible outburst, either a rage or crying fit.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Close-mindedness. Bigoted people. People who cannot face the truth. Overly clingy people. People who talk about something as if they were experts when they don't even know what they're talking about. People who never admit they're wrong. People who try to boss me around. People who get everything as a personal offense. People who just can't be objective. People who want to hurt those who have done nothing to them. People who try to force their beliefs on others. People who are either overly serious or who can't be serious at all.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
My interests. I really enjoy having a good talk with someone who knows as much as I do or more about certain topics.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Studying. I manage to get by in school and get good grades easily, but I don't really study much.
I've been also told I don't pay much attention to people.
I also don't understand people who take things like TV shows or anime seriously (like those who "defend" a fictional character no matter what). Really, it's just fiction. What's the big deal? I enjoy those things, but I'm not serious about them. It's just a way to have fun, and the fact that some people turn it into what seems a war just looks really stupid to me.
I also don't care about gossip (both about celebrities or common people).

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me as funny, loyal, spontaneous, genuine strong and decisive, but also as really aggressive and violent. And they're wrong on the last two. I am not so aggressive, I am violent just when provoked.
They would never say I am emotional or fake.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd draw, read, surf the web, do some exercice, maybe write something. If possible I'd like to go into the nature for a while, or visit some place with historic or mythological importance.

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I get xSTJ. What do you think you are?

PS - I think cognitive functions are good for verifying and if you want to dig deep into behavioral patterns, but I don't always buy that they are necessarily tied one-to-one to MBTI type. If you look at each dimension it's usually fairly easy to decide (at least before you start overanalyzing), E vs I, N vs S, T vs F, J vs P. When you try to make it match up to cog functions sometimes that just complicates things because you're told it should be a certain order to match a certain type, when really when you're dealing with 8 functions it would be hard to always make it match up.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's up, [MENTION=25898]noyo[/MENTION]?

I'm getting ISTx myself. Leaning towards ISTP. Your interests sound pretty introverted (alone/small group of friends stuff). It sounds like you really like sensory experiences (Se), but I think you lead more with Ti. You're pretty cerebral.

You said you tested as ENTJ, ESTP, and INTJ. Those are some radically different results, so I would personally ignore them and just keep exploring. Get to know yourself better before you test again.

You honestly don't sound like an ESTP if social skills are a weak spot for you and you're bad at reading people. And you don't seem outgoing enough for ENTJ. I guess INTJ is still possible, but apart from not having to study to get good grades I don't see any Ni in your answers.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for. Welcome to the club.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I got ISTJ -- which fits both previous theories! Where do you think you fall on the intro/extraversion scale? I could see ESTJ as well, definite Te vibe in your description.

Don't stress about the tests not giving you an order that corresponds exactly to a particular type; that's actually really rare -- the tests are a useful guide or a fun starting point, but they aren't perfect. The last one I took came back Ti-Fe-Ni-Si-Te-Ne-Fi-Se. Ni is ahead of Ne, Fe is surprisingly high; the results still suggest INTP. In your results, T > F is clear (and there's that Te vibe in your post), and a suggestion of extraverted perceiving -- Te and Pe could imply extraversion.

I would suggest ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ as the most likely possibilities, not necessarily in that order.

noyo

What do you think you are?
The type I relate to the most is ENTJ, except for the fact that I am not serious all the time (but I guess that's just a stereotype since all the ENTJs I've know IRL up to now were not at all serious 'till they needed to be). Otherwise, I relate to almost every other trait.
I know for sure that I have inferior feeling, I've read about the types in the grip of the inferior function and I relate to ExTJs in the grip.
There aren't many other types I relate to... maybe ISTP a little bit, but I'm definitely too extraverted and I seek to be in charge too much to be one.

Where do you think you fall on the intro/extraversion scale?
If we consider the mbti definitions of extraversion and introversion, I'm definitely extraverted. I am oriented towards the outside world, not necessarily towards social interaction, but I do get drained if I spend too much time on my own.
I am socially extraverted as well, I am very outspoken and don't really have the so-called "stage fright"; it's that it's hard for me to find people interesting, and that paired up with my social obliviousness can make me look more introverted than I actually am; people around me though, even those who don't know me very well, realize I am not introverted pretty quickly.

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, yes...I didn't get much Introvert from your writing - usually introverts are aware that their introversion isn't quite what the world wants from them and they fret about it in their self-description. I thought ISTJ *might* be an exception to that, being stereotypically strong silent action types. So ok, let's go with E.

As for S vs N... I find this is the dimension where it's hardest to "get out of my own head" as an N. Like, what is S even like? I imagine it's similarly difficult in reverse, or do S types even spend/waste time worrying about that kind of thing? (Tangent)

I got S because in various places you talked about going for walks, hikes, out into nature, etc. Also, your learning styles involved doing something yourself (concrete action) or attaching it to sensory stimuli (a song). As an NT, I learn things by either creating some mental framework for it, or seeing how it fits into an existing framework, and then testing it against various scenarios, all internally.

The type I relate to the most is ENTJ, except for the fact that I am not serious all the time (but I guess that's just a stereotype since all the ENTJs I've know IRL up to now were not at all serious 'till they needed to be).
IDK, ESTJs seem pretty serious to me too!

Here's a question that might help clarify S vs N: when you go out for a walk, are you taking in the scenery, the smell of the air, etc., or is it more of an opportunity to sort your thoughts away from daily distractions? the former I'd consider S and the latter N.

Or: when deciding how to solve a problem. How open are you to a new, untested solution that is theoretically better than what's worked in the past? Or is that a waste of time, just go with what's worked before?

Ooh, I just found this. See which, between ST and NT, rings more true for you:

Another approach: if we're narrowing it to ENTJ vs ESTJ, here are the cognitive stacks for each:

ESTJ: Te Si Ne Fi
ENTJ: Te Ni Se Fi

As we've collectively sort of agreed, there's your Te and Fi. So now you just have to decide based on Ne/Ni or Se/Si. To be honest, I've always struggled with the difference between Si and Se, and Ni and Ne, but if you have a handle on that, that could crack it.

I feel less grounded in enneagrams, but let's throw 8w9 out there just for discussion's sake. 8 seems obvious to me (it's correlated with both ExTJ types), and you having "serenity" as a goal gives me wing 9.

noyo

Here's a question that might help clarify S vs N: when you go out for a walk, are you taking in the scenery, the smell of the air, etc., or is it more of an opportunity to sort your thoughts away from daily distractions?
I relate to the latter more.
I do notice what's going on around me as well, but I do so in the background of my mind; my main focus is usually on my own ideas, as my mind seems to produce tons of them all the time, and if I notice something interesting going on around me I'll use it as a source of inspiration for a new idea.

Or: when deciding how to solve a problem. How open are you to a new, untested solution that is theoretically better than what's worked in the past? Or is that a waste of time, just go with what's worked before?
New solutions are always welcome, if I think they can lead to a good result. I never completely trust what has worked in the past, since it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work again.

Ooh, I just found this. See which, between ST and NT, rings more true for you:
I think I can relate to both. I could easily work in both the STs and NTs careers listed.

Another approach: if we're narrowing it to ENTJ vs ESTJ, here are the cognitive stacks for each:

ESTJ: Te Si Ne Fi
ENTJ: Te Ni Se Fi

As we've collectively sort of agreed, there's your Te and Fi. So now you just have to decide based on Ne/Ni or Se/Si. To be honest, I've always struggled with the difference between Si and Se, and Ni and Ne, but if you have a handle on that, that could crack it.
I think I got the difference between Se/Si and Ne/Ni recently. My Ne and Ni are both well-developed; I also have good Se, but I don't relate to Si, except for the "good, eidetic memory" part.

I feel less grounded in enneagrams, but let's throw 8w9 out there just for discussion's sake. 8 seems obvious to me (it's correlated with both ExTJ types), and you having "serenity" as a goal gives me wing 9.
I usually get either 7w8, 8w7 or 8w9 in enneagram, so it makes sense. My tritype definitely contains 7, 8 and 3.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type I relate to the most is ENTJ, except for the fact that I am not serious all the time (but I guess that's just a stereotype since all the ENTJs I've know IRL up to now were not at all serious 'till they needed to be). Otherwise, I relate to almost every other trait.
I know for sure that I have inferior feeling, I've read about the types in the grip of the inferior function and I relate to ExTJs in the grip.
There aren't many other types I relate to... maybe ISTP a little bit, but I'm definitely too extraverted and I seek to be in charge too much to be one.

If we consider the mbti definitions of extraversion and introversion, I'm definitely extraverted. I am oriented towards the outside world, not necessarily towards social interaction, but I do get drained if I spend too much time on my own.
I am socially extraverted as well, I am very outspoken and don't really have the so-called "stage fright"; it's that it's hard for me to find people interesting, and that paired up with my social obliviousness can make me look more introverted than I actually am; people around me though, even those who don't know me very well, realize I am not introverted pretty quickly.

Awesome. Guess I was wrong. I have to admit, this does sound more ExTJ-ish now. It really can be hard to tell from one questionnaire, so thanks for clarifying. When you said initially that social skills made you feel inferior, I thought maybe you were introverted. But that also fits the description of many NT's, even the extraverted ones.

I also thought Se was higher in your functional stack due to some of your interests, but I can see where Ni may be a little higher now. ENTJs do have tertiary Se, so that could explain it.

noyo

I also thought Se was higher in your functional stack due to some of your interests, but I can see where Ni may be a little higher now. ENTJs do have tertiary Se, so that could explain it.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.
I tend to score higher on Se than Ni in tests though, but many people have pointed out that tests are not that reliable.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to score higher on Se than Ni in tests though, but many people have pointed out that tests are not that reliable.

I would have to agree. I feel like tests are a great starting point, but it takes some real soul-searching to decide which type you relate to the best. Plus, some of the online tests are just horribly worded. I've seen tests that ask if you enjoy going to parties, and if you say yes, the test wants to peg you for an extravert. That's a terrible question if you ask me. I/E is about how you gather energy. I can be introverted and enjoy parties. They would just drain me.

I've actually been rethinking my own type recently because of this.

My tritype definitely contains 7, 8 and 3.

Cool. You sound like an 873 from your descriptions.