• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INxx- what am I?

Runaway

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi all :) I've managed to come out in various tests as INFJ, INFP, INTP and INTJ which isn't particularly helpful. I've gotten INFJ most frequently , however I think this is in fact the least likely option as I'm sure I don't have particularly well developed Fe. I've filled in a questionnaire below, any insights would be majorly appreciated :)

What makes you angry?

Injustice and ignorance. The angriest I've ever been in recent years was when a "charity" asked to pick my brains and when I met with them it turned out they were a steaming pile of elitist colonialist shite. I also get irritated by incompetence and arbitrary/pointless/inefficient rules and systems.

What do you like/dislike most about people?

I love people who are warm and bright; I have a lot of ENFPs in my life and I think they're lovely. I also have a massive soft spot for people who are outwardly grouchy but secretly sweethearts. I dislike people who whine but refuse to consider solutions to their (usually minor) problems. People who hurt my friends can go die violently in a hole.

Do you like animals? Why?

I love animals, if my boyfriend didn't limit me we'd have a small zoo of rescue animals in our house. They're cute and loving and innocent.

What do you like most about the favourite people in your life?

My boyfriend, my best friend and my dad are the aforementioned abundance of ENFPs. They're all really warm, fun, caring people, interesting to talk to and always make me feel safe and loved.

I'm also very close to my Granny, who I think is a lot like me. I admire her strength and how she's never afraid to be herself. She's also a really interesting person and I credit her with my love of books because neither of my parents read much.

I have a lot of really caring and supportive friends. I feel very lucky in that regard.

What do you like/dislike most about yourself?

I like that I'm very honest and loyal, and apparently I give great advice. I'm also proud of having overcome some really tough things in my past and built a successful life; I haven't become jaded with the world in spite of everything that's happened.

I wouldn't say I necessarily have poor people skills, but it's definitely not a thing that comes naturally to me. I'm awkward around new people and at times I can be too blunt. I also don't have great self-control, I procrastinate because I know I can get away with it and I tend to over eat. I also always think I'm right, although in my defence I am very rarely wrong and I do endeavour to admit it when I am.

Do you care about being fashionable? Why/why not?

No. It's too much effort for too little benefit, I don't see the point. Besides, modern fashions rarely suit my body shape anyway.

Do you prefer to fit in or stand out?

Usually stand out, but on my own terms. It can get very tiring though. I was well-known in school for my academic achievements and I found it a big relief to go to university and be decidedly average.

What kinds of activities do you enjoy?

Reading (mostly fiction), writing lists, researching things, playing video games, going to the theatre or gigs, swimming, hiking, baking, knitting.

What makes you feel secure?

Having a somewhat stable routine, knowing I can depend on people, feeling competent at what I'm doing.

Do you like being in a relationship? Why/why not?

Yes, I love it. My boyfriend is my best friend. He's the only person I can be around for days on end and not feel drained at the end of it.

What do you love?

Teaching, playing with children, animals, friends and family, garlic bread, curling up with a good book or movie, nature, ranking things for fun (e.g my favourite songs), researching random topics, one on one time with people I love, music festivals, learning, debating, giving advice, board games. I love things that make me feel "fulfilled" (e.g volunteering, spending time outdoors) rather than just giving me pleasure in the moment (you can prize my garlic bread out of my cold dead hands though).

What do you spend time thinking about?

Stuff like this! I get little obsessions that I'll my brain for a period. I also like making up stories about tv characters or people I see in the street, or I imagine what I would do I certain situations. I think about the future a lot, especially careers because I really want to decide on something for definite but once I decide I always seem to waver. A lot of the time I don't even know what I'm thinking about but I've been staring into space for a good 5 minutes so hopefully it's something good!

How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

I was even more introverted as a kid. I had 5 imaginary siblings and masses of imaginary friends and pets, so in between talking to all of them and talking to myself and reading, I very rarely spoke to other human beings. I was also more sensitive, I think circumstance and necessity have toughened me up. I'm less rebellious for the sake of it now though, I pick my battles rather than just raging against every authority and structure.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think ISFP is possible? I see that you consistently score as intuitive, but I know a number of sensors that mistyped initially.

The way some tests are worded, they make you feel stupid if you pick any of the sensor answers.

You mentioned Fe wasn't a strong suit. Maybe Fi is? I can see some Se coming out in your answers, and your hobbies are right up the alley of every ISFP that I know. I definitely see Fi/Se in your response about what makes you feel secure.

Welcome btw. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

Runaway

MBTI Type
INFP
Do you think ISFP is possible? I see that you consistently score as intuitive, but I know a number of sensors that mistyped initially.

The way some tests are worded, they make you feel stupid if you pick any of the sensor answers.

You mentioned Fe wasn't a strong suit. Maybe Fi is? I can see some Se coming out in your answers, and your hobbies are right up the alley of every ISFP that I know. I definitely see Fi/Se in your response about what makes you feel secure.

Welcome btw. Hope you find the answers you're looking for.

I'd be hesitant to say I have particularly strong Se or identify as a sensor because I can be really friggingn oblivious to my surroundings. I tune out noise very easily, and I would find it difficult to describe places I've been multiple times. I can feel very out of touch with reality sometimes; I feel like I mostly live life in my own head. I also have appalling proprioception, I'm always bumping into things because I have no concept of where my limbs are.

It's very similar to the way I doubt my use of Fe, actually, I struggle to get out of my head to observe people or my surroundings .

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gotcha. If you identify that strongly with intuitive types, then I'm sure there's something to that.

My second thought was INFP.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F is clear. INFP comes to mind, if you're sure of IN.

rmrf

Very confident in typing you INFP

I,F,P are clear. N would be the obvious choice because has been there consistently when you took tests. Also based on the below responses, I see a preference for intuition and a deficit of Se

I get little obsessions that I'll my brain for a period. I also like making up stories about tv characters or people I see in the street, or I imagine what I would do I certain situations. I think about the future a lot, especially careers because I really want to decide on something for definite but once I decide I always seem to waver. A lot of the time I don't even know what I'm thinking about but I've been staring into space for a good 5 minutes so hopefully it's something good!

I was even more introverted as a kid. I had 5 imaginary siblings and masses of imaginary friends and pets, so in between talking to all of them and talking to myself and reading,

lowcal

Enneagram
Hello and welcome Runaway! I'm kind of new to typology myself as well, so please take my words with a grain of salt.

Injustice and ignorance. The angriest I've ever been in recent years was when a "charity" asked to pick my brains and when I met with them it turned out they were a steaming pile of elitist colonialist shite.
Fi ego.

I also get irritated by incompetence and arbitrary/pointless/inefficient rules and systems.
Te super id.

I'm awkward around new people and at times I can be too blunt.
Too blunt - sounds like a Fi/Se trait. The way you worded your answers is also rather straightforward.

I can feel very out of touch with reality sometimes
A person primarily uses their dominant function, in your case it would be Fi. So, even if a person is an ISFP, they would still not use Se about 80% of the time, unless they need it. IMO, being out of touch with the physical reality doesn't really contradict the ISFP type - it has more to do with an introverted dominant function.

In conclusion, xxFP is clear. Second [MENTION=25850]Carpe Vinum[/MENTION] 's suggestion, ISFP/INFP.

However, you are the person that knows yourself best, none of us have met you. Therefore ultimately it is up to you to decide which type fits you better. ;)

Good luck!

Last edited:

Runaway

MBTI Type
INFP
Thank you so much everyone for your support :)

I think considering all of what you've said, INFP is the best fit for me.