• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I must decide this once and for all.

Type?

• Total voters

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cognitive_functions_quiz.jpg

It suggests I'm "likely INTJ or INFJ." I consistently test as I/ENTP on code-based tests and have been under the impression that I resonate most highly with Ne and Ti.

Now it seems that I have four dominant/secondary functions to consider: Ne, Ti, Fi, and Ni. By this logic, however, it is obvious that my type must include Ne as either the first or second most-preferred functions. That would then narrow it down to just NT/NF types. Is the high Ni a fluke?

I'll fill out any questionaires, do vlogs about requested topics, whatever it takes. I just need this figured out :p

lowcal

Enneagram
Hello, are you familiar with Socionics model A?

So it goes like this: assuming you are Ti-Ne, your Ti would be 4d, Ne would be 3d (dimensionality, d, of the functions indicate the strength, it goes from 1-4 weakest to strongest). So, obviously your Ti is the strongest, followed by Ne.

However, there is also your "id block" Te-Ni, which you do have, and is very strong as well. Te would be 3d and Ni 4d, which is actually as strong as your base function Ti. It is just that the Te-Ni part is neglected by your consciousness, while the Ti-Ne part is focused.

I am not surprised at all that your Ni is this high, assuming that you are INTP. :wink:

Source: An Introduction to Socionics Part 2: The Functions of Model A

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello, are you familiar with Socionics model A?

So it goes like this: assuming you are Ti-Ne, your Ti would be 4d, Ne would be 3d (dimensionality, d, of the functions indicate the strength, it goes from 1-4 weakest to strongest). So, obviously your Ti is the strongest, followed by Ne.

However, there is also your "id block" Te-Ni, which you do have, and is very strong as well. Te would be 3d and Ni 4d, which is actually as strong as your base function Ti. It is just that the Te-Ni part is neglected by your consciousness, while the Ti-Ne part is focused.

I am not surprised at all that your Ni is this high, assuming that you are INTP. :wink:

Source: An Introduction to Socionics Part 2: The Functions of Model A

This is quite enlightening. How exactly does this "id block" work? I can understand the Ni working unconsciously, and had read something about that of INTPs somewhere, but how does Te work unconsciously exactly?

Also, any possible explanation for the high Fi scorings, or is that really just a part of my Ti convictions?

Thanks much

lowcal

Enneagram
Te-Ni ID block:
Vital, Strong and Subdued. The rejected approaches. We look down upon IM Elements in the Id Block as the alternative but incorrect ways of doing what we accomplish in our Ego. Instead of pursuing these kinds of information, we unconsciously carry them out as side effects of our natural motives, fulfilling the need with proficiency but without appreciation.

Assuming that you are INTP, you would have strong 3d Te and is able to understand it from others very well, but rarely use it yourself, and might even be repulsed upon seeing others using it. It is possible that your low Te score is caused by this repulsion.

Not familiar with the test that you took, so I can't really say much about the accuracy.

Assuming that it is accurate, you could very well be INFP or INTP just from this result, which is puzzling. Consider taking another test?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming that you are INTP, you would have strong 3d Te and is able to understand it from others very well, but rarely use it yourself, and might even be repulsed upon seeing others using it. It is possible that your low Te score is caused by this repulsion.

Not familiar with the test that you took, so I can't really say much about the accuracy.

Assuming that it is accurate, you could very well be INFP or INTP just from this result, which is puzzling. Consider taking another test?

This seems very accurate to me. I have the capability, but don't prefer it.
Pretty much every test I take, I relate strongly to both the Ti and Fi implying questions.

What would the id block look like for an INFP or ENTP?

If you have a recommendation of any test or something, I'd be willing to take that.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your celebrity types test is interesting...I also scored highly on Ni (as well as Si). I'm not sure how accurate it is.
:wink:Since I commented on your last one, you could fill out this questionnaire if need be:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In order:
Code: INTP INFP ENTP
Ego blocks: Ti-Ne Fi-Ne Ne-Ti
ID blocks: Te-Ni Fe-Ni Ni-Te

The good tests I know are:
Purely cognitive fuctions: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Socionics: Tests
HelloQuizzy.com: The Socionics Test

:bye::wink:

So between INTP and ENTP which prefers Ni or Te? I'll try those out!

Your celebrity types test is interesting...I also scored highly on Ni (as well as Si). I'm not sure how accurate it is.
:wink:Since I commented on your last one, you could fill out this questionnaire if need be:

I'll try that out, thanks!

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the test was a fluke. It has you pegged as introverted everything. The only thing I'd take away from that is that you're probably an introvert! Plus your Ne score was still pretty high (69%).

INTP sounds right.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In order:
Code: INTP INFP ENTP
Ego blocks: Ti-Ne Fi-Ne Ne-Ti
ID blocks: Te-Ni Fe-Ni Ni-Te

The good tests I know are:
Purely cognitive fuctions: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Socionics: Tests
HelloQuizzy.com: The Socionics Test

:bye::wink:

Socionics results: 26% LII, 64% ESE, 56% SEI, 66% ILE, 55% LSI, 41% EIE, 42% IEI, 47% SLE, 45% ESI, 61% LIE, 61% ILI, 38% SEE, 50% EII, 38% LSE, 48% SLI and 42% IEE!

According to this, I am most likely ENTP, INTP, ENFJ, or ENTJ (o.o did not see these two coming).

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

INFP: I know that I'm way more logical and Ti is out of place on there. When it comes to decisions, it isn't a result of Fi, but I do have Fi-type thoughts.

INTP: I'm not that reclusive and nerdy as most stereotypes suggest. I actually care about how others perceive of me and have more than just logical/thought developments.

ENTP: I don't jump around quite that much. I'm not constantly abandoning things that bore me, but I do look for mental stimulation a lot. Could be that I'm just easier to keep amused by something that really interests me than a typical ENTP.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Overall, happiness. What will get me there? Love. Understanding. Creative endeavors. Exploration. Good music, cinema, etc. Spicy food. I want to create a more positive environment for myself, work a job where the people aren't all fighting for power/social status and care more about an amazing product. And also to create my own music in addition(they may become intertwined, my dayjob and personal endeavors). To be eclectic and innovative. (so type 4)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel great when I compose, when I can sing really well, when I enjoy analyzing music and other media like films and shows. Loving animals is big for me, since I see them as far superior to most humans since they're just little balls of love and not completely out for each others' necks.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being put down about what I choose to prioritize or not accepted for who I am. I refuse to let people try to change me or take advantage of me in any way.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I only think about people if it becomes absolutely necessary. Mostly just a risk/reward, considering all logical aspects/statistical probabilities of the situation, includes how I feel about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I have control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Refer to question 3. I also love just having a good time, at the beach or at most bodies of water in general. Playing games with people. Mostly individual sports like ping pong or pool, monopoly, cards, etc. I play vidgames all the time. I learn from them, and continue to develop(most people see it as a waste of time. I completely disagree).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

What? Feels more natural? I just learn it. It happens. Either it is what it is or I actively seek it out.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm organized enough to know where everything is. If I can be more organized to the extent where it will help me be more efficient in the future, then I will do that. But I don't overorganize just for the sake of enjoying organizing. Within the confines of it being relevant/lucrative.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The idea as a whole is more important than the given instances. But it's nice to have those instances as examples in order to better understand the principles behind the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely what I believe. Group harmony is only as necessary, not at all my forte.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Always thinks first. Sometimes it takes a split second, and sometimes I go over what I will say in my head before reiterating it externally. I like both, so long as the people are intelligent and active enough. I probably gravitate towards one-on-one because I know certain people better and can go to the people I know I will be able to understand me or respond appropriately. If I actually had whole groups of people who were competent, then that would likely be preferred due to more perspective and activity.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where first. Balanced is best.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Pretty much anything I'd want to do on my own could hypothetically be put off til later. We don't live in the 90's. However, I will often put off my friends to do something I believe will be more engaging on my own. I will always take the route that I think will be more enjoyable for myself.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

If it gets extreme, I might have an explosion of emotion. Fortunately, I read this is at least quite normal for NT's. Usually I'm good at coping with stress. People being annoying is most stressful, and I don't often feel I can avoid it easily because I want my perspective/principles known and understood(which often isn't even possible because stupid people). Otherwise, not much will stress me out. Maybe work deadlines? In which case, I can act pretty quickly and effectively given the need to.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their incompetence mostly, because it's what could cause any sort of harmful debacle between us. I guess I could be ignorant at times, but I don't imagine I'd really ever have much trouble with someone who I felt was up to speed with me. Maybe in the rare case where I overstep myself and get too domineering or take a joke too far.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mostly anything intellectual. If it's mentally stimulating, I'm all in. If not, I probably don't have much to say.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Meaningless people. Unnecessary routine. Organized religions.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Probably as sort of enclosed, only in the sense that I don't always want to go out and party. But I'm not the only one like that, it's no biggie. They probably also find me a bit overly argumentative.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Refer questions 3/7. Also, girls.

I think the test was a fluke. It has you pegged as introverted everything. The only thing I'd take away from that is that you're probably an introvert! Plus your Ne score was still pretty high (69%).

INTP sounds right.

Thanks for your input, sir! I/E is usually my most borderline score. My dad says I was pretty clearly extroverted when I was younger. I'm assuming if this was my only function at the time, that would suggest I'm an Ne dom, but that wouldn't match up with the fact that the other highly in-tune ones are introverted.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics results: 26% LII, 64% ESE, 56% SEI, 66% ILE, 55% LSI, 41% EIE, 42% IEI, 47% SLE, 45% ESI, 61% LIE, 61% ILI, 38% SEE, 50% EII, 38% LSE, 48% SLI and 42% IEE!

According to this, I am most likely ENTP, INTP, ENFJ, or ENTJ (o.o did not see these two coming).

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

INFP: I know that I'm way more logical and Ti is out of place on there. When it comes to decisions, it isn't a result of Fi, but I do have Fi-type thoughts.

INTP: I'm not that reclusive and nerdy as most stereotypes suggest. I actually care about how others perceive of me and have more than just logical/thought developments.

ENTP: I don't jump around quite that much. I'm not constantly abandoning things that bore me, but I do look for mental stimulation a lot. Could be that I'm just easier to keep amused by something that really interests me than a typical ENTP.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Overall, happiness. What will get me there? Love. Understanding. Creative endeavors. Exploration. Good music, cinema, etc. Spicy food. I want to create a more positive environment for myself, work a job where the people aren't all fighting for power/social status and care more about an amazing product. And also to create my own music in addition(they may become intertwined, my dayjob and personal endeavors). To be eclectic and innovative. (so type 4)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel great when I compose, when I can sing really well, when I enjoy analyzing music and other media like films and shows. Loving animals is big for me, since I see them as far superior to most humans since they're just little balls of love and not completely out for each others' necks.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being put down about what I choose to prioritize or not accepted for who I am. I refuse to let people try to change me or take advantage of me in any way.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I only think about people if it becomes absolutely necessary. Mostly just a risk/reward, considering all logical aspects/statistical probabilities of the situation, includes how I feel about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I have control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Refer to question 3. I also love just having a good time, at the beach or at most bodies of water in general. Playing games with people. Mostly individual sports like ping pong or pool, monopoly, cards, etc. I play vidgames all the time. I learn from them, and continue to develop(most people see it as a waste of time. I completely disagree).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

What? Feels more natural? I just learn it. It happens. Either it is what it is or I actively seek it out.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm organized enough to know where everything is. If I can be more organized to the extent where it will help me be more efficient in the future, then I will do that. But I don't overorganize just for the sake of enjoying organizing. Within the confines of it being relevant/lucrative.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The idea as a whole is more important than the given instances. But it's nice to have those instances as examples in order to better understand the principles behind the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely what I believe. Group harmony is only as necessary, not at all my forte.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Always thinks first. Sometimes it takes a split second, and sometimes I go over what I will say in my head before reiterating it externally. I like both, so long as the people are intelligent and active enough. I probably gravitate towards one-on-one because I know certain people better and can go to the people I know I will be able to understand me or respond appropriately. If I actually had whole groups of people who were competent, then that would likely be preferred due to more perspective and activity.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where first. Balanced is best.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Pretty much anything I'd want to do on my own could hypothetically be put off til later. We don't live in the 90's. However, I will often put off my friends to do something I believe will be more engaging on my own. I will always take the route that I think will be more enjoyable for myself.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

If it gets extreme, I might have an explosion of emotion. Fortunately, I read this is at least quite normal for NT's. Usually I'm good at coping with stress. People being annoying is most stressful, and I don't often feel I can avoid it easily because I want my perspective/principles known and understood(which often isn't even possible because stupid people). Otherwise, not much will stress me out. Maybe work deadlines? In which case, I can act pretty quickly and effectively given the need to.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their incompetence mostly, because it's what could cause any sort of harmful debacle between us. I guess I could be ignorant at times, but I don't imagine I'd really ever have much trouble with someone who I felt was up to speed with me. Maybe in the rare case where I overstep myself and get too domineering or take a joke too far.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mostly anything intellectual. If it's mentally stimulating, I'm all in. If not, I probably don't have much to say.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Meaningless people. Unnecessary routine. Organized religions.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Probably as sort of enclosed, only in the sense that I don't always want to go out and party. But I'm not the only one like that, it's no biggie. They probably also find me a bit overly argumentative.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Refer questions 3/7. Also, girls.

INTP because all of the above.

Duffy

Are you referring to his appearance? I sense Se because his line of thought is pretty straightforward and sequential. You don't get any leaps of thought or metaphor. He also strikes me more experiential (Se), hence the focus on the physical in the questionnaire, and the reliance on a test result to justify a typing.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you referring to his appearance? I sense Se because his line of thought is pretty straightforward and sequential. You don't get any leaps of thought or metaphor. He also strikes me more experiential (Se), hence the focus on the physical in the questionnaire, and the reliance on a test result to justify a typing.

I'm not even going to consider anything with the letter S in the code lol

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think some consider me ISTP because of the same stereotypes.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think some consider me ISTP because of the same stereotypes.

It's like I'm being asked to not be logical and organized, taking Ti and making it Te. According to id block I will unknowingly use Te as well as Ni. I don't oppose Te, I just don't really realize that it happens. I'm glad it does at least enough to make any sense to people and come up with some sort of product... If I were a machine of just thoughts, possibilities, and no outcomes, I would go insane. :cry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's like I'm being asked to not be logical and organized, taking Ti and making it Te. According to id block I will unknowingly use Te as well as Ni. I don't oppose Te, I just don't really realize that it happens. I'm glad it does at least enough to make any sense to people and come up with some sort of product... If I were a machine of just thoughts, possibilities, and no outcomes, I would go insane. :cry:

Your top two functions can flip over and become their shadow opposites. I don't know if its unknowing (unless of course the person is not conscious of their functions at all). But the Te shadow function aids Ti by keeping the Fe-inferior function under control, and provides it with rationalizations for why Fe is and must be inferior (society is "bad," people are "rotten," etc.). Te's repression of Fe causes energy to become pent up in the psyche; and when turned loose upon the universe (when it flips over) and is physicalized, the Te shadow will become very destructive because Te is undeveloped and primitive (e.g.,Unabomber Ted Kaczinski), the most primitive function in the IxTP psyche.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your top two functions can flip over and become their shadow opposites. I don't know if its unknowing (unless of course the person is not conscious of their functions at all). But the Te shadow function aids Ti by keeping the Fe-inferior function under control, and provides it with rationalizations for why Fe is and must be inferior (society is "bad," people are "rotten," etc.). Te's repression of Fe causes energy to become pent up in the psyche; and when turned loose upon the universe (when it flips over) and is physicalized, the Te shadow will become very destructive because Te is undeveloped and primitive (e.g.,Unabomber Ted Kaczinski), the most primitive function in the IxTP psyche.

Um, yeah... Continuing to resonate with INTP. Dead point.