• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New here help me identify please

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************************** (40)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.4)
good use

I tried the test and I am identified as ISTJ but I don't feel that way. I feel like an INTJ, took several other tests (not such if they are decent though) and I have mixed results such as INTJ, INTP, ISTJ. I really appreciate help in identifying me. The personalities description (INTJ Personality (“The Architect”) | 16Personalities) for INTJ seem to fit me. Saw a questionnaire, I guess I will try my best to answer it. Help me to figure out me thank you.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I took several tests and get mixed results. Not too such if those tests are accurate anyway. INTP and INTJ are hard to tell apart.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
A comfortable life and a career in the scientific field. (I'm still studying)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I got my black belt, that time was the best. That sense of achievement made me feel good.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
A bunch of things. Having issues in interpersonal relationships, I can't seem to get along with my class. Being alone, being super introverted.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I consider many factors. Pro-cons is a first, sometimes gut feel. When I was choosing my subject combination, I chose the combination that has better prospects and flexibility in choosing courses next time, and also because I like science more.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I can't stand people who are doing things inefficiently or not doing any thing at all to control the project. If that happens, I will take over and give instructions to complete the project properly. If the leader is making good/reasonable decisions, I will just follow and offer any suggestions that are better. I like to control the outcome but as I do not speak out a lot, I tend to let the leader have the say unless the outcome is really really undesirable that I can't close one eye to.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
BBQ party with my old class. I was siting down and talking to my best friend throughout the whole time and enjoying the sea breeze. It was a really good catch up session with her.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Understanding the overall view first, before going into specifics.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I aim to be organized but I am not completely organized and neat. I do not want to waste time too much time on that.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Judging them based on logic and facts. understand the principles behind it first.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
follow what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Thinks before speaking. I need to think through first. One-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where i am jumping before leaping definitely. Yes, action speaks more than words, don't try lip service at me.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I will go. I rarely spend time with them normally, this is my chance to make up to them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I won't talk much. Please do not interrupt me when I am in the midst of rushing work, I will flare up.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Idle talk, boot-licking, two-faced people, I can't stand these. Be honest with me, I know when you are lying.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Theories. Science related, anything. Talk to me about your medical condition, I will listen and offer suggestions. (You may not know but I will read up on it once i have the time) Talk to me about possible life in space, yes. Politics, maybe yes. Martial arts, yes. ( I have been training for 5 years) Sport, ok. ( I am not athletic but I am fit)

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Trends that seem to be time waster and meaningless to me. Instagram, nope I don't do that taking selfies and uploading on it thing. Shopping for clothes, nope. Chit chat that is completely useless. Please do not try to talk to me about the clothes you buy, movies you watch and how awesome the guy (you like) treat you to dinner, I am not interested at all.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't have many friends. One of my friends has been telling me that I should try to be more optimistic. Others tell me I am too serious, quiet, cynical, odd,practical, intense. Being overly optimistic equals to lying to oneself, being realist is the best. What is the use of lying to oneself? Quiet, I am. Because I can't 'click' with many people. They never say I am rude but they use the word 'tactless'. I guess that I may have offended someone accidentally in my class. To be frank, I have no clue what is it. I am bad at interpersonal relationships. To my friends that are still with me, sorry guys I know I am difficult to be with,

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Read up on how these personality type cognitive functions work, scan through yahoo news, sleep,play some games on mobile phone?

Thank you in advance.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like any of the xxTJs. There is nothing in your answers that would disprove either N or S though, I can't tell. Extroverted people can be quiet too, the difference is more about your energy and where it comes from. IxTJ seems more likely I guess. I wouldn't rule out ISTJ too quickly, if your reason is only based on Mbti test results.

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
Thank you, wolfnara. Is there any way to differentiate from N or S? I think I am quite a borderline S or N so it's hard to tell....

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No problem.
It it hard to explain to someone who is new to typology ;)

When discovering your MBTI type it is important to know what you value more, and what you use most naturally ; F/T, N/S
We use all of the functions (sensing, intuition, thinking, feeling), but the four letters are those which we are better at (I think)

Sensors naturally pay more attention to their physical reality. They ground impractical ideas, and are therefore thought to be more realistic. INTJs will have much less of an awareness to sensory information and outer surroundings. They will be more focused to the meaning behind it, which is abstracting.

Kas

Fabula rasa
You sound like IxTJ types. It's hard to me to tell which one. Maybe you can read descriptions of the types and check out which fits you more e.g. those that you can find on the home page of TypoC.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed that xxTJ is most obvious. ISTJ, seems more likely.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely IxTJ.

I would say ISTJ because of the high Si and Te numbers. But some of your answers (love of theory and conceptualizing, social awkwardness, etc.) sounds more INTJ-ish.

You're right on that S/N border.

You said the INTJ descriptions seems to fit you. What about ISTJ?

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
ISTJ

Yes
enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do
don't make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action
no-nonsense, and when they've made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action
little tolerance for indecisiveness
often prefer to work alone

No
adhere to established rules and guidelines regardless of cost, reporting their own mistakes and telling the truth even when the consequences for doing so could be disastrous (big no)
seek stability and security, considering it their duty to maintain a smooth operation (not all the time)
tend to keep their opinions to themselves and let the facts do the talking, but it can be a long time before observable evidence tells the whole story. (no if you're doing it wrong i'm going to tell you immediately)
Always by the Book (no if the rule is stupid, I am not going to follow it)
practical-minded people who like to structure things just right to stay within realistic limits and keep things within their comfort zones (i don't like to structure things)

INTJ

Yes
enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects
tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results
Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with INTJs’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.
INTJs will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be, and every idea, whether generated internally or soaked in from the outside world, must pass the ruthless and ever-present “Is this going to work?” filter
INTJs may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid

I feel like I am borderline N, I guess.

rmrf

You have qualities of both INTP and INTJ, so I'd type you as literally both (I'll explain).

My take is
MBTI: INTP (I > E) (N > S) (T > F)(P J)
Socionics: INTp (functionally like INTJ)

Socionics types have matching MBTI types e.g INTj/INTP and INTp/INTJ (note the lower case 4th letter). It is quite common to have a different type under Socionics, especially since MBTI is focused on dimensions (I/E, N/S...) rather than Socionics which is functions.

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
Thank you CognitiveLiberty.

Hmm I never thought myself to be INTP, not too sure what Socionics is. How do you differentiate INTJ and INTP? They are pretty similar.

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
Your Sociotype: ILI-1Te NiTe (INTp)
Intuitive Logical Introvert - The Critic
socionics.jpg

no idea what all the numbers mean......

rmrf

Do you have that in higher resolution as the text isn't readable. The profile of an INTJ compared to an INTP, I can figuratively call "INTPs on Speed". Like they INTP they are introverts, but the INTJ is far less indifferent than the INTP as the primary Ni gives the INTJ a lot of internal ego energy. They are characteristically quite self-assured, driven, and occasionally narcissistic. They tend to be far more active and 'doers' by nature than the INTP. Another point of difference I've noticed. INTP's like to break down and debunk arguments just because they like impartial logical analysis, and generally are dispassionate. INTJs prefer asserting their own opinion and using logic to support their own claims.

Most 'MBTI' tests online are Jungian function based, and work quite like Socionics. MBTI itself, works by placing you on four axis (I/E, N/S, T/F, J,P). A socionics INTp will match the functions of an INTJ

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Assuming you have more than one dimension to your personality, you'll never completely fit a single type's behavioral description.

Skim read suggests that you're an ISTJ who doesn't identify with the traditionalist and overly simplistic Sensor stereotypes. You're not the first and you won't be the last.

You're new to typology. Pick up a copy of Psychological Types or google around for the specific section on Introverted Sensing. If it's a struggle I'll PM it to you later if you remind me.

theloner

MBTI Type
IxNJ
Enneagram
How do I know if I'm a INTJ or ISTJ? It's so confusing. Most online tests I try reflect me as INTJ (they may not be accurate though) but INTJ is also frequently misdiagnosed. is there a questionnaire that can help differentiate S vs N? The functions thing is quite complicated.