• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need help finding my type

ShadowEgo

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I've been always wondering which one of the types am I. When I answered the questions, it happened pretty often that I didn't really know if the answers I gave are really the right ones.
I did the tests multiple times and I always got either ISTJ or INTJ and when I looked at the cognitive functions, I wasn't sure about them either.

Here is the Questionnaire:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Like I said, when I did the tests, I always got either ISTJ or INTJ. The questions that made me mostly unsure were the ones that asked me which way did I look at the world and if my thinking was concrete or abstract.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Wish I had the answer to that... When I operate (best word that comes in my mind), I have always this choice between what I wish (the impossible) and what works (the reality). I always choose the latter, it makes my life better, but it gives me of course a great deal of unhappiness. I discovered I am in need to be succesful, to be loved (sadly) and to be indipendent from justabout everything.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Uh... That's uncomfortable. I don't remember those moments, not that I had many of them. I mean, what I see as "good moments" are for me not reality, something that is impossible. That's a reason why I envy many people, they can live their life well and do things that, because of my circumstances, are just impossible.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

As stated above, I see myself inferior because of my constant self-doubt and consciousness. It kinda feels like my life is a misery and that nobody can possibly understand me, even the few people I can consider as pals (not friends) are way too different from me. I want to see myself as indipendent and strong, but it seems like I am dependent on people. I am good at self-loathing, I have the feeling I'm bad at everything, even at things people see me as good at. Plus, I see myself as heavily flawed and not very social (both social and lacking of social skills).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When I make a decision, I first explore all the possible choices and outcomes I might have. My decision are either moral, logical or both. I usually know that when making a choice, I am going to achieve something, but at the same time it might bite me in the back later and I will lose something. I still manage to always think logically and look at things objectively, it helps to also see things from different perspectives. I am a thinker, when there is something that bothers me, I spend a lot of time processing information in my head and I always keep calm, rashness and impulsiveness never works.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

There are always two things when it comes to projects: 1) I do my part efficiently, do everything that needs to be done and within the time limit. I am an active worker when it comes to that. 2) I am a perfectionist. I can't tolerate failure, especially mine. Sometimes I spend more time than I have to, just to make things the right way. That of course puts me under a lot of stress. When I'm under stress, it's usually self-inflicted.
Also, I love details. I give complete answers and sometimes even more than I have to.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Like 3. I don't really know.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I usually browse about it for long hours and try to understand it completely. That depends on how strong is my initiative, I can procastrinate even on things that interest me and because of that, I might miss or simply let opportunities hanging without motivating myself enough to do that. However, I never overlook opportunities, just miss them.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I am both organized and lazy. That's kind of hard to put in the words, but that's the closest I can come to. I can't tolerate messes and like to have things planned and organised, on the other side I'm not really the tidiest person and that gets me scolded a lot. Maybe it's so that I am just partially-organised. Some people say that I'm really organised, others say I'm lazy. Well, you can say that my files are usually disorganised, but at least I have files and don't have loose paper.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both. When it comes to ideas, I want to understand them in both theorical and practical way, meaning: how are they supposed to work and how they work. It helps me to doubt them at first, so that I can look at things differently at look for contradictions or inconsistencies. I also try to verify them, look on what grounds do they stand and of course if they are "water-proof".

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I believe harmony is something that I'm missing. Everything feels chaotic and destructive, sometimes I do wish for true peace. Other than that, I am a moralist, I stand for what do I believe, even if it means going against everyone or making things troublesome for me, for example: when I try to be myself, it alwas backfires on me, but I believe that it's a better outcome than pulling a facade. I mean, why having a good relationship if it's fake. I don't know what is stronger: honor or reason. Trust is something that I don't have, being doubtfull and all and when it comes between my morality and friends (which I don't have), I'd always choose morality or what I believe in. My relationship with people is not so strong, meaning that the decision is not so hard. It still has downsides, of course, but I think you understand what I mean. My morality doesn't usually contrast my reasoning, but sometimes it does... I don't have an answer here.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I always think before speaking, or almost always, I'm not perfect and it happens that I make mistakes.
One-on-one. Period.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Latter and latter. However, sometimes a sign or action can have a meaning that even words can't express. My point is, if you read a book or play pen & paper roleplaying games you describe simple actions with full complexe sentences. It's kind of the same here. I also like when there is more to something than it looks like, makes things creative and interesting.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

There are so many things I could say here... Firstly, it depends on the show, episode, whether I can watch it online, is really worth it (typically it should be, if it's "favourite", however I don't watch any shows) then it depends on where will the "night out" be, when exactly, how long, how many friends, who exactly, what will we do, if they are really worth it (got no friends and my only pals are not in groups and don't even know each other). Then I compare the two and here is my answer.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I try to supress it as much as possible and keep calm, but it's usually noticeable when I'm stressed. I become tense, nervous, anxious and I start glaring.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I hate when people are too spontaneous and don't take serious things seriously, also I don't like people who are: extremely lazy, lie, break promises, get too much on nerves, don't think rationally, act impulsivelly, can't stand up for themselves, who torment others, don't respect others, treat others like garbage, act bossy or like snobs... The list could go on.
I usually am someone who criticizes myself, but I can't deny doing the same thing to others (and that ashames me a lot).

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I hate small talk, when it comes to talking, I like where both sides talk to each other and not just one who monolgues (usually me, but can be them). Usually I talk about serious topics like life, philosophy, people, future, problems, choices, theories of all sorts. I don't like external disctractions (for example when someone is talking and looking at his phone) and the less people, the better.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably gossip, social media, mainstream stuff, culture (which should be actually important, but doesn't interest me much, sorry...), my own needs probably and having fun.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Many people perceive me in different way, of course, the perspective changes based on how close they are to me and on how strong is their perception (and thus not jumping to conclusions, what most people I know do), they say I'm "gifted" and highly intelligent, which I doubt, but it'd be wrong to ignore important things like that. Then, many see me as different, interesting, perceptive, wise... some say I'm open and social, other say I'm closed and reserved. Even here I could go one for a while without coming to any conclusion. I've also been told that I can come with pretty interesting theories about psychology or philosophy (or both).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Uhm... I don't know. I guess I do things that interest me in the moment, but I'm not someone who does many things. I beleive I gave hints and ideas in the questionnaire and introduction topic (which I suggest to look), however, I don't really see myself as productive.

And there you have it.
If you need me to add details or answer to some other questionnaires or questions, feel free to ask. I'd rather have something to work with than starting from scrath (something that applies to me well) and when it comes to that, I like to keep myself busy.
Thanks for your attention and I hope you'll help me find my type.

PS. I don't know if it'll be of any help, but one hobby of mine is also helping/supporting people with problems, many say I have a good understanding of people and a strong empathy. I've been told I'm good at noticing these kind of details and try to resolve issues logically, either by giving tips or trying to sharpen their vision so that they can make the decision they see as the right one.