• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my most likely MBTI type?

SwimmerGal97

Hi, I've compiled some questions from a few questionnaires and was hoping on some feedback to find my most likely type :)

1. What type of activities do you enjoy/not enjoy?

I enjoy activities that have results, something where I can set myself a goal and work for it. I like things like art, reading and watching TV however I find myself getting restless and impatient with them. When I'm watching TV I will be texting and doing online research and eating all at the same time and when I try to paint I get so fed up of sitting there I get up and start pacing. I enjoy sports like swimming (I used to swim competitively and loved it for all sorts of reasons, the water, the competition, my team and the sense of achievement that comes with hears of self discipline) where I can set myself goals in the short and long term. With our targets to reach, I find myself unfocused and easily bored and struggle doing things 'just for fun' with some form of reward (be it a gold medal or the sense of pride and accomplishment) or recognition.

2. How much have you changed over the years?

In some ways I've stayed the same, in some ways I haven't. I'm still quiet but not shy, I'm still quite a serious person and I'm very competitive and have to be the best. However, these days I'm less active sportswise (up until I was about 13 I swam and danced competitively, I'd be dancing 4 days a week plus the JA's of a pro company once a month and swimming everyday, often twice a day, with competitions and training camps on top of that and all of it along side school. My day would start at 4:45 and I'd get home around 9) and that means my day to day life is a lot less structured so I'm often at a loss with what to do with myself. This is really shown at school, I have no clue what I'm going to do after I leave, I've lost my hobbies and passions (though I'm slowly getting back into them) and without something to work towards, something I want to achieve, I don't really care about things. I'm also a lot more conscious of time these days and feel pressured to get things done, my mind is permanently going 'what next?'. In some ways though , I have changed for the better. I'm a lot more emotional now. Well not more emotional but much more accepting of emotion. I no longer see it as a weakness but everything, be it happiness, sadness, anger, fuels the thing I think is most important in life: passion. I'm not scared to admit I really love something, I'm more confident in my goals and I'm not embarrassed (I'm not fully sure if that's the right word but the feeling is like I'm not good enough, or there's people better than me who'll laugh at me if I have big dreams) by ambitious dreams. I'm also more appreciative of effort. I used to think if I couldn't get a shiny gold medal then why should I bother but looking back, its not the times I didn't win that are the moments i really wish I could forget but the moments I gave in or didn't give something 110%.

3. Are you interested in medicine/health as a topic?

Medicine no, health and fitness yes. I'm pretty knowledgeable about sport and health, I'm interested in nutrition and love reading about ways to physically better yourself. I could easily chat about diet and body type and sport (particularly elite sport) all day.

4. What do you think of daily chores?

Boring but necessary and there's nothing a great playlist can't make light work of

5. What do you dislike about yourself?

I dislike how I can be indecisive, restless, easily bored and occasionally fickle. I also hate how recently, I've been feeling very lost and unsure and its caused me to make bad decisions and am slowly turning into the thing of my nightmares: a quitter. I sometimes get a bit caught up in goals and targets and numbers and I forget to have fun so if I could change anything it would be so I could 'let go' a bit easier and just enjoy myself instead of taking things so seriously.

6. What type of people do you get along with?

Everyone. I'm a polite person, and provided I'm treated the same, there's no one I won't give a chance. My friends come from all friendship groups (the scientists, the artsy students, the jocks, the popular and the not-so-popular) and I judge people based on how they treat me, not what label they've been given. My biggest hate is rude and disrespectful people. Since I was little, I was generally drawn to people older than myself and I respect authority figures as generally speaking, they have had to work hard to get where they are. Don't confuse that with me being a blind follower though, respect still has to be earned and as for anyone who treats me like dirt (looking at my head of sixth form who in a recent spat called me 'childish, selfish and in need of professional mental help' , and after loudly voicing my not so nice opinions of her to anyone I could find, it turns out I'm not the only one who has been treated as such. So I really really hate her.), my level of respect, like, trust etc will go through the floor. Meritocracies are the way to go.

7. If a friend makes a claim that goes against your beliefs, what are your inward/outward reactions?

90% of the time I won't be fussed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and provided it causes no one any physical or emotional harm, I'm not concerned with their opinions so inwardly and outwardly I'll be like 'great, that's nice' and carry on with my own life. On an occasion where the view is on something I feel passionate about or something harmful, I will Shut. Them. Down. I'll tell them to shut up, insult them, take their argument to pieces and give them my disgusted bitch face I reserve for special idiots. On the inside I will be looking at their view and comparing it to my own, looking for areas of similarity and difference.

8. What do you yearn for in life?

Happiness and passion. In an ideal world, I'd wake up and be able to go to a job that I love with all my heart.

9. It's a Saturday night and your favourite TV show is about to come on when a friend calls you asking you to come out. Whats your response?

Firstly, my friends wouldnt make that call because they know that Saturday night and sunday is 'me time' when I can chill and do whatever I want to do, by myself. If I go out on Saturday night, it will have been planned days in advance. But if the scenario were to happen,my anser would be no because if it were my favourite show, it will be in my 'mental schedule' and would have been planned into my day.

Thankyou

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are mostly a Perceiver as these traits are very P.
restless and impatient
I can be indecisive, restless, easily bored and occasionally fickle

Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions
You seem Se and Ni by living in the moment, keeping yourself busy and loving stimulation.
So far I think you might be a xSxP (leaning toward xSFP)
Feel free to disagree with any of this.

Here are some questions to further see if I can guess your type:

1. Which of the profiles do you relate to most?

2. Source: Fi or Fe? - Funky MBTI in Fiction
A friend has hurt you and their birthday party is in two days. You hear she has had a hard week you decide to go. Which of the following would be your reason:
a. I better go to their party because they need support and will make them feel good.
b. I need to embody this value of friendship so that I am not a bad friend.

3. Do you find it easy sharing things about yourself?

4. Which one do you relate to more?
Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ne: AB... Balloon, floating, Chickadee, insane asylum, Z!

or

Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps
Ni: ABC....Z

5. What television shows do you enjoy watching?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFJ 9w1 or possibly an INxP 9w1.

SwimmerGal97

I think you are mostly a Perceiver as these traits are very P.

Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions
You seem Se and Ni by living in the moment, keeping yourself busy and loving stimulation.
So far I think you might be a xSxP (leaning toward xSFP)
Feel free to disagree with any of this.

Here are some questions to further see if I can guess your type:

1. Which of the profiles do you relate to most?

2. Source: Fi or Fe? - Funky MBTI in Fiction
A friend has hurt you and their birthday party is in two days. You hear she has had a hard week you decide to go. Which of the following would be your reason:
a. I better go to their party because they need support and will make them feel good.
b. I need to embody this value of friendship so that I am not a bad friend.

3. Do you find it easy sharing things about yourself?

4. Which one do you relate to more?
Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ne: AB... Balloon, floating, Chickadee, insane asylum, Z!

or

Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps
Ni: ABC....Z

5. What television shows do you enjoy watching?

2. A, I'm not the sort to hold grudges, in the end I want to remember good times with my friends not silly fights so by then I'd be going because I'd probably be over the fight but if they've had a bad week, the fight was probably enhanced by that and people don't always mean to hurt so much and can lash out when they're struggling. I get that. So I'd go to help them have a good time.

4. Depends on my mood. When I'm hyper I am very Ne, but normally when I'm thinking I'm Ni. I think more often than not I'm Ni.

5. A range of shows. Scandal, Game of Thrones, Make it or break it, scrubs, friends, house of cards, merlin, robin hood, elementary, Sherlock....there's not much I won't watch :L I find it easy to empathise with characters and in watching a range of shows I can 'become' a range of people, live in their world. It's like my life is full of possibilities and I don't know who I want to be, but by watching films and TV, I can be someone new and different. There's something in every character, good or bad, that resonates with us.

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2. A, I'm not the sort to hold grudges, in the end I want to remember good times with my friends not silly fights so by then I'd be going because I'd probably be over the fight but if they've had a bad week, the fight was probably enhanced by that and people don't always mean to hurt so much and can lash out when they're struggling. I get that. So I'd go to help them have a good time.

4. Depends on my mood. When I'm hyper I am very Ne, but normally when I'm thinking I'm Ni. I think more often than not I'm Ni.

5. A range of shows. Scandal, Game of Thrones, Make it or break it, scrubs, friends, house of cards, merlin, robin hood, elementary, Sherlock....there's not much I won't watch :L I find it easy to empathise with characters and in watching a range of shows I can 'become' a range of people, live in their world. It's like my life is full of possibilities and I don't know who I want to be, but by watching films and TV, I can be someone new and different. There's something in every character, good or bad, that resonates with us.

Thank you very much for replying and I think you might be an ENFJ with weak extroversion and judging.

SwimmerGal97

Thank you very much for replying and I think you might be an ENFJ with weak extroversion and judging.

Hi, thanks for the typing, I/E and J/P are the two I struggle most with, I used to think I was introvert because I was quiter than what I believed an extrovert was I.E. the loud, party type who has a complete disregard for consequences, the party animal etc etc but i read somewhere that intro/extroversion is more to do with your interaction with the world, whether you're influenced from outside ideas or inside and its all very wooly, but I get what it means and whilst I am capable of daydreaming, my focus is generally on the outside world not an inside one and outside stimulation (not always parties but I do enjoy them when I'm there) is what recharges me. As for P/J I've often thought P, as have many people here, however I fall apart without structure (as much as I'd love to be spontaneous and whimsical, I plan in advance and in detail) so I think ENFJ is a good guess :)