• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFJ?Or something else?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post is for analysis. Anyone can use the link if you need to :)
link for descriptions below

External Sensing: living in the moment, being totally aware of your environment
I can't say I am not aware of my environment. Most of the time I am, unless I am daydreaming or zoning out. In the past I have found that I have a bad attention span and it has caused me to miss instructions, directions from other people, etc.

Internal Sensing: nostalgic, often compares the present to the past, traditional
I'm very nostalgic sometimes. I value my old possessions, watch old movies, value comfort and inner stability, compare ideas/experiences with new ones, etc. But, I am not traditional.

External Intuition: can predict all possible outcomes to a situation, a visionary
I am very cautious because of this. Sometimes I see the worst possibility in a situation, and try to avoid it by being prepared. I think I am better at seeing/estimating the outcomes than other people, and find myself saying that something isnt going to work out as planned.

Internal Intuition: knows things intuitively without evidence, has big ideas
I dont know things without evidence I dont think. The way I find out things is the other way around, which must be Ne.

External Thinking: by the book, organization for efficiency, systematic
Someone once said I was "by the book" and I didnt know what they meant. I guess I appreciate rules most of the time because I don't like disrespecting authority figures and disrupting people involved. I like to be organized and have a place for everything.

Internal Thinking: analyzing everything, wants to know how things work
I am very interested in knowing how things work, which makes me seem scientific to other people:/ Overthinking is a habit of mine and I pay too much attention to the smallest of details. I overestimate the difficultly of questions, writing essays or even just with other people, and end up getting an answer wrong or getting stressed. It does come to my realization that there is nothing to be stressed about, eventually.

External Feeling: adapts to the emotions of others, takes care of them
i'm not good at "taking care" of people, and lack that kind of charisma. I dont appear outwardly warm. Not sure what adapting to emotions means.

Internal Feeling: strong personal emotions, independent of others
I dont havestrong personal emotions but I can be independent of others; or at least want to be.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this post is just more of my analysis! (Ignore this post but again feel free to do this on your own thread):
source

bold = sounds like me
unbold = not me

(These descriptions are based on a scenario of people going to a theme park)

tbh I think ISFJ and INTP are both possible as my type at this point.

Last edited:

baccheion

I figured that. I was wondering why though. its all over the forums. Okay I am curious so here are my short answers

Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
I     0.9999
F     0.8944
N     0.8802
J     0.6847

P     0.3153
S     0.1198
T     0.1056
E     0.0001

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose. Or I could PM you more questions (~300 of them).

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Edit: Questionnaire

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am not really aware of what my dominant function could be, and I guess all aspects made me unsure. I am most likely an introvert and maybe an Fe type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
From a young age I have had a curious and imaginative personality. When I saw things around me, anything, I didn't just accept its existence. I wanted to know how it works and why; I want to study life science:)I was notorious in my family for asking many stupid questions, which sometimes I even already knew the answer to, I just wanted to know if I was right.
Back to relating to the question - I would love to find out something that was previously unknown, or propose an idea that no one has ever thought of before. I also am quite relationship orientated and love to talk to people about something interesting. People see me as being more goal orientated (I realized recently) and I was surprised to hear this. I am very interested in people, but maybe I don't show it. When I am older I am hoping to have a career that will be full fulling, either something creative like an illustrator or a biological science.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I won an competition once based on writing an book review and doing some art. I felt good to have everyone's admiration and feel talented at something. I am very interested in art and fiction too.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I dont handle criticism very well. Also being ignored, stared at, bullied, or performing badly at something such as an exam. Also when doing sports.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Weigh up the pros and cons, definitely. Most of all I try to think of what is easier/least boring and what has the common sense.
I will consider anyone who will be involved and how it affects them, and try to avoid making selfish decisions that expect too much effort from others and negatively impact them in any way.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I would imagine the ideal outcome and the aim of project, make sure I cover everything, highly concerned of the quality, plan how much time it will take, focus on going deep into this subject. I was try to stay focused to the aim of the project.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I love to laugh with my friends, and any time where we did something entertaining or had a funny conservation are some of my favourate moments.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I don't like to memorize lots of facts, and become slightly frustrated when teachers in class have said in the past, "You don't need to understand why, you just need to remember the facts," because then I struggle to memorize it. I like to know exactly what I am talking about, however that doesnt mean I don't like to theorize and guess. Sometimes I can be a visual learner too, and when trying to recall info I have a visual picture in my head (e.g. remembering what the periodic table looks like rather than remembering the properties).

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I think of myself as very organized. Unless I am stressed out then I will become a complete mess and forgot about everything except my current priority.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I dont really know...I guess i try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Yes I will (try) to make sure everyone is involved and doing what they are best at, but I can be stubborn and try to get what I want out of a situation and suggest ideas/methods that are more efficient. I will most likely be interested in the presentation of the project too, and try to fix things that don't look right, if it was something design related because It has to appeal to what people are looking for.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. I prefer to only talk when needed and don't enjoy making small talk and shallow conversation because it bores me, and I am bad at thinking of what to say.One to one is good because it gives a better opportunity to get to know them. No one is left out. Group conversations because they can be more fun and less awkward.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before I leap. I want to know everything that could happen, every detail, before I jump to a decision.
Action speaks more than words, but really you cannot judge someone based only by their actions, or only their words. To understand someone I think it is necessary to observe both.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Ask them to come over and watch it with me, and discuss it with them. Suggest to ask another friend who will really want to. I dont like a sudden change of plan unless I'm bored. Then I might go out with them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get clumsy and lazy. Forget things that are not a priority, which is unusual. Become disorganized. I overthink which leads me to thinking it is much worse than it actually is. Distract myself with music, tv, or similar activity. When anxious, I listen to music a lot. I am bad at hiding it too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
My only cause of insulting someone, is because of their treatment towards someone else and being mean to them when they don't deserve it. As soon as they make someone feel bad or give them problems, I don't like them. Also, those who don't make sense in an argument/debate or miss the point. Labeling. Being stuck in traditional ways - this causes a lot of issues in our society.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love to talk about my interests, and ask questions that involve creative thinking. I strongly prefer long conversations and any brief type of conversation seems boring. I get curious about the person im talking to and sometimes i ask questions about them. I dont like to get too serious and personal though, that makes me feel awkward.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Trends. I am bad at keeping up with everyone else and knowing what is popular or not. I try to ignore things like chores or forget to do things that are important; and i am not really into fashion and aesthetic. I dont care much what it trending but I don't dress to stand out.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
very time a person has tried to assume my motivations, they have always got it wrong, unfortunately. They think i am not very people orientated and affectionate, reserved. I appear aloof, cautious, serious on the outside, but on the inside I am the opposite:) There have been some who have tried to get into things that are just too personal. I hated it. It made me self conscious and tense. It just seems like none of their business to me. They often assume I'm smart- maybe due to an introverted personality. I get the feeling people mistake my personality and get the wrong impression.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would start by finding something to get really interested in, so i can be inspired by it and think about it in my spare time, other wise i feel empty and bored. Maybe do a netflix marathon, draw, play role play video games that involves making up a character, or listening to music. Talking to friends or family is also something i would do.

thanks for reading~

Focus on the functions themselves and not the tests. MBTI is simply a measure of your cognitive functions and the order in which you use them to process/make decisions in the world. I test 5-6 different types on any given day but my dominant function is NE and my secondary function is Fi (ENFP).

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Focus on the functions themselves and not the tests. MBTI is simply a measure of your cognitive functions and the order in which you use them to process/make decisions in the world. I test 5-6 different types on any given day but my dominant function is NE and my secondary function is Fi (ENFP).

thanks but, I don't rely on MBTI tests. Interesting how you get many different types; I almost always score Infj, but I asked for opinions before i typed myself as one. not really sure why everyone thought I was INFJ from my previous thread on a different forum. As I answered in my questionaire, i'm not really sure what my dom function is:wink: even my signature shows this

Last edited:

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Second Questionnaire~

1-what makes you angry?
Not knowing or understanding what is happening, or when someone is confused and can't get it together, because I have to know the answer for everything. I hate bullying, a lack of common sense and social order, and disorganization.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like that everyone is different and unique. It bothers me when people are ignorant to other peoples feelings.

3-do you like animals? why?
I like most kinds of animals, probably because they don't say anything. Its fun to observe their behavior compared to people.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
I like that they are accepting and easy going.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Like - open minded, sensitive, curious, stoic, observant, careful, and capable of being serious as well as easy going.
dislike - cautious, sensitive, too analytical, not polite, too quiet, too introverted, indecisive.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I'm very interested in fashion but i'm not that good at making myself look really good; for example assembling an outfit, or even knowing how to use make up ^-^

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Sort of neither...I like being individualistic but i'm too conscious about other people and what they are thinking of me to actually dress/behave to stand out from a crowd.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
I love anything to do with art, talking to friends and having fun, listening to or playing music, swimming, learning, reading, sudoku puzzles, cooking, video games, or just developing a strong interest in something fictional.

9-what makes you feel secure?
being at home; I always appreciate being there and will become homesick after being away for too long. When I feel bad i retreat to something familiar.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I can't answer anything about relationships but I do appreciate having a few close friendships. The only downside with having friends is when we slowly stop talking or becoming drained when being with them for too long.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
-I love Art - it represents a meaning that is subjective to the artist or the viewer. I appreciate the beauty in art too.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
I dont know...the future and what I plan to do with it- sometimes I think of ideas of what I could do or something I would really love to do someday. Other times I worry about it. I also think about other people and my relationship with them, maybe ways to improve, what I should be doing, what i am not doing enough of, etc. Other times I daydream about my interests or something else. Obviously its a much more random train of thought.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I am changing all the time, it's strange. Even a few months ago a felt like a slightly different person. My personality is changing in both negative and postive ways everyday, i'm surprised I can even tell at all, but I think I am. When I first discovered mbti I thought I must be an ISFP. Now I wonder why I thought I was a feeler in the first place. As a child I was imaginative, not very intelligent, detached, and sensitive. Now I am similar but much more logical, insensitive, care what people think, and became somewhat more intelligent.