• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I believe I'm either an INTP or ENTP, help me out

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've done so much research and am the type of person that finds a lot of value in understanding my place, value, etc. I realize that this is very INTP-sounding. Anyway, I'll go ahead and fill out one of these provided questionaires, and you guys can ask me any questions you like to help me further understand. Thanks!

1-what makes you angry?
Being under-appreciated, having my values or intelligence questioned, people being generally stupid and ignorant. Most people honestly, though I work not to always view things this way.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Like I said above, most people probably irk me, and it's hard not to notice the major flaws that each person has(as I grow close to people they tend to become even more apparent). I like people who nurture and appreciate me and make me feel sexy and people who are sexy, haha. I also like to have intelligent, intellectual conversations/debates so long as they don't offend me too much.
3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals, because they're often adorable to me, and don't have petty intentions and such. They're not human, basically. And I tend to think that humans who abuse animals in any shape or form have less right to survive than any other animal does.
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Even the people I feel absolutely closest to, like my parents, sometimes bother the shit out of me. This is because I notice the obvious flaws that each person has; their patterns. I want to be completely loving and do everything to bring happiness to my parents, but it's really hard when its the same shit that conflicts with me over and over. I like how I made this question negative again. What I love about them though is that they've been completely open-minded and loving my whole life, and are cool as parents. I like a lot of close friends who value me/my thoughts and ideas, and (it's very rare but) those who can understand me as a whole.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I dislike how overly analytical and excited I get about everything, but also like that because life would probably be an endless void without it. I'm pretty sure I'm narcissistic. I think I'm fucking beautiful and brilliant, from the inside and out and want to think that the art I will make is revolutionary/innovative.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I do care, but only in my own sense of what looks good. I don't care about being "in." I have a high sense of individualism and like to be revered.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Stand out. Always have.
8-what activities do you enjoy?
Doing this kind of research...
Talking with people in a very condescending manner >,> Films, shows, music(creating, listening, singing a lot), adventuring/exploring, learning new things.
9-what makes you feel secure?
Feeling my own self-worth. Doing things well, becoming better, looking good.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Sure, but like many other perceivers, I'm assuming, I don't really like commitment a whole lot. I'm sure at some point I will find someone that I want to eventually marry and will be fully committed to them, but right now I just kind of let what happens happen. I have really high expectations in partners though, so I don't really get much action. :c A lot of girls hit on me and then I kind of just awkwardly sit there.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My parents and dog, close family, a few close friends, meeting people who are cool, basically anything that I perceive as being cool(lots of music, films, theater, things that are innovative in the arts usually). I do a lot of gaming, but usually just try to get a really thorough understanding of and commit to a couple select games. I love being able to appreciate myself and see myself as special/awesome. I love learning more and doing more, and living a full life while still being comfortable and getting lots of sleep and nourishment.
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
I think about things like this, which is weird that I still haven't pinpointed my own type. Then again, it's completely in my nature for me to second-guess everything that comes from my own mind without some affirmation. I still can't even decide what voice type I am after already considering myself a professional singer. "Tenor? Please be tenor... uh leggiero tenor I think?" I test things like my voice to try to figure out what I can do to improve and keep on evaluating pitches in order to understand better how it would sound if I am what I want to believe myself to be. I think a lot about the future, rarely the past unless it applies to something I can better or in order to understand the present/future better. Always looking to make things better off for everyone who isn't an asshole.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I think I was more or less the same, and I've always been pretty intellectually mature. Inquisitive nature, always asking "why, why, why?"

Anything else, please do tell. ^.^

Kas

Fabula rasa
I think you may be ENFP or ENTP, your post sounds a lot ExxP.

What is the most important in your life, is it possible to say?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never would have thought before that I would be considered extroverted though. But I suppose, I, like most people, had a false sense of what introverted/extroverted means. I have always been fascinated by introspection though, but then again it probably does lead to something constructive in the external world in the end.
I think I just strive to be happy. Possibly love? The things that lead to my happiness, which is why I may appear so full of myself, it's only because I need to be fed those things in order to feel like I am my (best) self.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone? I can fill out some more questionaires if need be.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The answer to question 8 hints that you are an Ne/Se user (extraverted perciever), so xxxP.
There is a lot more answers that are based on feeling, rather than logic, so xxFP.
Have you ever considered SFP? I am not sure whether you are an N or S type.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The answer to question 8 hints that you are an Ne/Se user (extraverted perciever), so xxxP.
There is a lot more answers that are based on feeling, rather than logic, so xxFP.
Have you ever considered SFP? I am not sure whether you are an N or S type.

I've never tested as a sensor and know that I spend way too much time in my head to be focused on sensory perceptions. I definitely think more long-term and big picture, but is there anything else I could do that would further evaluate?

Are there particular parts of the post that point to being more feeling?

I felt like I was using Ne while filling out that questionaire, and people sometimes tell me I'm too logical. I know that I spend a lot more time than I should thinking proportional to acting and being a go-getter. Is it possible that I'm mistaking Ti for another introverted function that goes on internally?(Fi, perhaps?) I have had to assume what I'm experiencing is Ti though.

Edit: Oh, and xSFP would make it impossible for Ne to be one of my top cognitive functions. As much as being an xSFP would probably good for me career-wise since I perform and such.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Have you read this? Fi Ti
Fi is mostly about what you value, being true to what you are
Ti is about understang how things work, finding solutions

As I understand it, both are looking for consistency/inconsistency in actions, decisions (so they can manifest similarly). Ti basing on logic and Fi basing on convictions.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never tested as a sensor and know that I spend way too much time in my head to be focused on sensory perceptions. I definitely think more long-term and big picture, but is there anything else I could do that would further evaluate?
Hm...maybe a questionaire? Can I ask, why do you think you use Ne?

Are there particular parts of the post that point to being more feeling?.
This is hard to explain so I will just give my opinion from each of your points;
1.F/T is not clear
2. Noticing flaws in other people is most likely due to an F function I think.
3. Fi-ish. You were writing about subjective/personal values.
4. xFxx
6. this seems like Fi because you value your own individualism. Possibly enneagram 4 though.
7. could be Fi again
8. maybe xxxP
10. Not liking commitment...Se/Ne?
11. Seems xxFP. You are not really mentioning the values/influence of others (Fi) and; "I love learning more and doing more" this last part seems like Se,maybe, because you like to learn and live actual experiences.
12. The part about professional singing seems Se. idk.
13. I suppose any type can be inquisitive...but I have read that it is a trait of Ti and Ni users to always question everything.

Overall it is pretty vague, therefore I can't be certain about any type. But it is not what i would expect from an ENTP, in my opinion.

Anyway maybe you could start by identifying Fi/Fe. Introverted feeling is subjective feeling, and types who value Fi will rely on their own internal values of right/wrong and what is/is not agreeable, and is individualistic in that way. Extroverted feeling is sharing the values of others. In really simplified terms, Fi is judging what is right and wrong, while Fe is judging what is ethical based on the group and maintaining harmony.

^-^ Not the best summary, but that the best I can do to explain the differences.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you read this? Fi Ti
Fi is mostly about what you value, being true to what you are
Ti is about understang how things work, finding solutions

As I understand it, both are looking for consistency/inconsistency in actions, decisions (so they can manifest similarly). Ti basing on logic and Fi basing on convictions.

I have not, and I think that I use both quite a lot as weird as that may be. In every mbti test I take that ranks cognitive functions, Ne, Fi, and Ti tend to be my top three.

Hm...maybe a questionaire? Can I ask, why do you think you use Ne?

This is hard to explain so I will just give my opinion from each of your points;
1.F/T is not clear
2. Noticing flaws in other people is most likely due to an F function I think.
3. Fi-ish. You were writing about subjective/personal values.
4. xFxx
6. this seems like Fi because you value your own individualism. Possibly enneagram 4 though.
7. could be Fi again
8. maybe xxxP
10. Not liking commitment...Se/Ne?
11. Seems xxFP. You are not really mentioning the values/influence of others (Fi) and; "I love learning more and doing more" this last part seems like Se,maybe, because you like to learn and live actual experiences.
12. The part about professional singing seems Se. idk.
13. I suppose any type can be inquisitive...but I have read that it is a trait of Ti and Ni users to always question everything.

Overall it is pretty vague, therefore I can't be certain about any type. But it is not what i would expect from an ENTP, in my opinion.

Anyway maybe you could start by identifying Fi/Fe. Introverted feeling is subjective feeling, and types who value Fi will rely on their own internal values of right/wrong and what is/is not agreeable, and is individualistic in that way. Extroverted feeling is sharing the values of others. In really simplified terms, Fi is judging what is right and wrong, while Fe is judging what is ethical based on the group and maintaining harmony.

^-^ Not the best summary, but that the best I can do to explain the differences.

I'm sure I don't use Ni and even moreso with Fe. I know that my Fi is quite prominent, but generally it isn't as obvious as Ti. I could be some weird hybrid INFP/xNTP.

Singing is all about the music for me. If you're not a musician you may not understand, it's not something I want to do because it's activity. It's for the sake of the beauty and/or meaningfulness of music.
[MENTION=22021]baccheion[/MENTION]

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

I would say play, work happens when it needs to happen. Since I'm assuming it's what the question is intended for, I usually put off the work til I have just enough time to complete it comfortably and thoroughly.

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Probably carefree, but both in different instances. People say I'm very serious, but I think I also believe I keep a calm demeanor.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Liberal. People should be free to do as they please so long as it doesn't harm anyone/thing else in any way.

Does it bother you when people are late?

To a degree, but I understand unless it is a very important meeting. I tend to be late to things.

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Science; I believe faith should be a personal thing. If one must have a religion it should be meaningful to themselves and not organized or controlled by others.

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

Cool-headed. I tell it like it is and try to make the total situation for the best rather than considering social implications first.

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

I believe balanced, I'm more reactive and reserved but am happy to take initiative where I see fit.

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Yes.

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

Yes and I do. But he lives with my family on the other side of the world now. Dogs are some of my favorites.

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Probably not, too much cleanup involved. Unless I had shitloads of extra money, but even then I would probably rather have a few close sexies over and have it be more personal.

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

Sexy, definitely.

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Some can be revolting, but I'm sure I'd find my own to be precious. They can easily be annoying, but a lot of times they can be adorable too.

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Yes, and I do. I don't mind silence nearly as much as most people seem to.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

Visual/spatial/artistic. Which may be found strange, because Se/Si(and Fe) are always my lowest ranked functions. I only value people if they're really close, and couldn't give a shit about strangers until they have proved anything worthwhile.

How shy would you say you are?

I'm shy with strangers, but very open with anyone I'm familiar with. It doesn't take a whole lot for me to trust someone, because if I've made the effort to see them that frequently then chances are I trust them with most anything too.

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Certainly not religious. I think it depends on the instance, if it's more of a interpersonal thing, I might go to emotional first. Otherwise, I'd favor logic.

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

Very inclined. I'll often go beyond what my class requires if it interests me enough. I'm using way too much time to research Myers-Briggs, haha.

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Self-interest. Basically common courtesy and respect, in a social setting.

Which word describes you better: private or social?

Private, until I see that a person or group is worth socializing with. I like to be with people that are cool but many may find it difficult.

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

I feel like girls expect it. And I would prefer that they take the lead a lot of times. I've still yet to have a partner who really complimented me well in this sense, seeing as most girls are socially conditioned to accept what the guy wants and be quiet most of the time.

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Assuming I remember what they represent correctly, the right side being more creating it would be that. But I think it's quite centered. I balance myself between subjective and objective, and study in areas that value both. Music is very creative, yet mathematical. Business utilizes both practicality and innovation. Communication studies, media, etc. all are more central-brained.

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

I hope so.

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Very often. As long as I think it'll be fun, I don't see why not. I'm very exposed to tons of different cuisines, forms of music, etc. I do a lot of traveling with my family.

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

I guess I wouldn't mind so long as I can wash myself sufficiently afterwards. I'm overly clean in some ways, and always like to feel and smell clean.

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

I have the capability, but if I feel contempt for that person in that moment, I probably won't take the time to. I would continue to argue.

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Yes, but not a lot more than anyone else. I probably find some twisted beauty in it when found in things like films, music.

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

I don't think I've ever considered overuse of logic, I'm annoyed when I find someone to be what I probably consider too ignorant or lazy to be logical.

Are you almost always on time?

No. Definitely not.

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Neutral, I think. I do what "feels" right for me. I try my best to make the best of whatever.

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

I can get a little shaky and my heartrate can raise, sure. But I like being heard too. It's not something I'd avoid.

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Only socially, usually when others want to. I don't care for it, and if I am going to it'd usually be my goal to actually feel the effects of the alcohol.

Are you careful with your money?

Yeah I don't do a lot of spending. I probably will more in the future.

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

The first and third are about equal, I think. I know that I think about everything I do before I do it though, so maybe that one comes first.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

Very important, what else is there to really live for?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Love > Ideas > Sex > Friends (assuming this means, I would have my family and my partner, just not other friends). I think all four work together though, and I can't see why they wouldn't all happen. If one were to be non-existent in my life it would probably be not finding enough close friends that stick around.

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

Too cynical. But I do both in different scenarios.

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

A few close friends, unless I was looking for girls then maybe I'd be fine with any of the others.

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

Careful.

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

Very high.

How much do you procrastinate?

A lot. But I always (usually) make sure that I will have sort of enough time to do something to the best of my ability. I'm responsible.. enough. Enough to do well in college and in future jobs.

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

Where.

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Both, depending on the topic. It really just depends on how engaged I am in the conversation. I could go on and on or be totally silent.

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Yeah. It doesn't bother me so much though.

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

Mostly just when I don't have something to actively engage myself in. I need mental stimulation.

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Almost none, it's pretty problematic. Relationship problems.

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Yes.

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Maybe a bit, but I'm usually not going to put myself in a danger that I'm too unsure of.

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

It only happens if we really click well. We'd probably have to be put into a situation where we'd have no reason not to talk by other friends. It doesn't happen often, but it'd be nice if it did. Again, for it to seem worthwhile for me to communicate with people I don't know well, we better have something really interesting to me to talk about, otherwise I'll probably just lose interest as soon as I feel disengaged.

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Sure. It's probably not usually preferable. I don't think I'd even care to know them if it also translated to being unclean as well though.

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

I usually think before doing or saying anything. I want to use more of the intuitiveness though, and be more hasty actually. It'll probably open more opportunities if I don't sit and wait or forget about things as much.

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

I can relate to all of the first three in different ways. Garfield on bad days, if I haven't gotten enough sleep or something. I'm more of a creative problem-solver, and I don't usually need to confer with others. So maybe some weird Bugs-Bat hybrid.

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If it will be seen by people who will think it's attractive? Yeah, probably haha. I would definitely do modeling given a lucrative opportunity.

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

I usually can pack really quickly the day before.

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

When I think to do it.

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

I'd be willing but not inclined to. I'd rather have children of my own.

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

Yes. Too often.

How often are you open with your feelings?

Around people I know, I don't hide things at all.

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

If it's something that requires a specific time then I want that set in stone. Once we've arrived at that certain point there, though, and are grouped up I like for us to take things as they come and act more spontaneously.

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

I have ups and downs. People tell me both things depending on the day and how they want to perceive of me.

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

I'd try most anything. Don't see why not, as long as it has nothing to do with my asshole or cutting my dick open or something.

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Yeah I just wait for others to talk unless I have something I want to talk about. I don't need filler conversation. I just go back to my own head if nothing is happening that commands my attention.

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

Depends on the problem. Generally, yes. Fuck others' emotions haha.

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Temperate, or possibly mediterranean.

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

I think that I do. And I'm the same way. But I also believe that if I end up being that in love with someone, I'll want to be with them all the time if it's possible. As in, see them on a daily basis and do most of the non-professional things in our lives together.

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Nah. Too young to be necessary, but I don't really imagine I ever would.

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Definitely intellectual. My professors actually tell me that I'm pretty much what defines a good student.

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Talented. And modest, obviously.

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Pffft no I don't really read poetry for fun. Edgar Allan Poe-t. Because that's all some people know. I mean, I consider most good lyricists poets, so sure why not? Some others are ones involved with religions like Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism(which would probably be my religion if I wanted to limit myself to one). Confucius, Zhuangzi, Laozi.

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

That's rough. I think I use knowledge in the now, in order to better my means of expression, which will hopefully lead to more love with wealth being an extra benefit.

Do you like wild parties?

Probably not so much.

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

The lottery seems more useful than any of these, but I don't gamble. I'm assuming if I was in the position to win any of the others, though, I'd be pretty well-off with money anyway. So I'll go with Grammy/Oscar. Music, or if I get into acting. Though I'd probably rather be involved in the production of a film than actually acting.

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

I would be very surprised if my current partner did that because most things seem to be up to me. I would be happy that she took initiative for anything, so I'd accept.

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

No.

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

I'd probably try to immigrate. If that weren't possible, then I guess I'd take whatever course of action would best rebel against that government, assuming this is some futuristic distopian scenario. Peaceful is preferable, but I'll take to fighting back physically if we need to and it can actually work, if it's the only option.

How messy are you?

I try to keep organized enough, and am always orderly enough to remember the things I need to. I don't do too much more than I need to though. I like to keep things clean enough that it benefits my health.

How often do you use Facebook?

Often enough to read notifications/messages. It's not really a "I'm bored let's look at Facebook thing," but just looking at anything which may be particularly relevant and then signing off.

rmrf

I see a preference towards extroversion over introversion, not a very strong preference, but still enough to be quite different to INTPs.

INTPs introversion extends beyond the plain English meaning of 'introvert', speaking first hand, we often (unless it's something we are super passionate about) generally tend to have a level of apathy and lethargy towards the external world. You seem to have a lot more energy than most INTPs, say you are reasonably organised, like being the centre of attention. Extroversion doesn't itself mean you're very outgoing or a people person, and the everyday use of the term can cause confusion when typing.

Think of the I/E dimension as 'Head in the clouds' --- 'Feet on the ground'

I am fairly confident that you're ENTP

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting answers! Don't really see people like you posting questionnaires often.

Not sure about MBTI - all I can say is xxFx. Sorry, I know you were asking the answer between ENTP or INTP but to me a lot of what you're saying is very centered around your ethics/values rather than your own rationale. And, at least so far, you've just been giving off impressions of a Feeling type.

Enneagram though, I'd say 3w4. That was what stood out to me the most imo.

rmrf

I disagree he is a Feeling dominant, as a lot of his answers weighed towards Thinking

The preference of (Ethics/values) over (Rationale/Logic) isn't always the best gauge of T/F. I think he judges things subjectively and by values but effects this through thinking over feeling. How he 'feels' about something with respect to ethics/values isn't direct emotional reasoning, but to analyse and break down the topic and comparing it to the articulated values.

Also a showed a greater degree of confidence in using rationality over feeling to form opinions. E.g he seemed quite a skeptic by nature with an intellectual thought style, and he typed as Thinking dominant.

Sure he has a fair amount of feeling to his personality, but Thinking is still the primary mode of judging.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] I disagree he is a Feeling dominant, as a lot of his answers weighed towards Thinking

The preference of (Ethics/values) over (Rationale/Logic) isn't always the best gauge of T/F. I think he judges things subjectively and by values but effects this through thinking over feeling. How he 'feels' about something with respect to ethics/values isn't direct emotional reasoning, but to analyse and break down the topic and comparing it to the articulated values.

Also a showed a greater degree of confidence in using rationality over feeling to form opinions. E.g he seemed quite a skeptic by nature with an intellectual thought style, and he typed as Thinking dominant.

Sure he has a fair amount of feeling to his personality, but Thinking is still the primary mode of judging.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I disagree he is a Feeling dominant,

I didn't say he was.

as a lot of his answers weighed towards Thinking

Which ones?

To me quite a few of the opinions he expressed seemed to be formed from feeling, and a lot of his frustration with others' inability to use "logic" was connected to poor follow-through and consistency which isn't really type exclusive. But I see your point about skepticism and I agree he has more of a confidence in rationality than feeling which itself could indicate a preference.

And to be fair Tumblr has probably made me a little hypervigilant towards people who seem like they could be playing the "I know how to construct a sensible argument and have justified reasoning behind my beliefs so I must be a Thinking type" card. There's way too many self-typed INTJs on there lol.

I still stand by 3w4 above all else though.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, now that I look at descriptions of ennagram 3w4, I see that it fits me perfectly. Would this not further suggest that I'm an ENTP? If I am F, I'm fairly certain it would have to be INFP, which is generally described as being too timid to match, and frankly not logical enough. I'm reserved(as ennagram 3w4 suggests as well), but not shy because I'm scared or uncertain.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
For whatever reason this does not sit ENTP for me, maybe closer to INTP, but neither really fits.

So I agree with [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], and although this questionnaire doesn't exactly point anywhere conclusively, I would be inclined to think from these answers an XSFP type is likely. Fi can be more analytical than is generally given credit for, especially if something that it holds of value is percieved to be under threat. There is an emphasis on a strongly expressed (Se) importance placed on individuality(4w5?), and the the feeling sentiments seem to grasp strongly at a whole, and while slightly situational, those aspects seem to be only as an annoyance to something falling outside of an internalized ideal.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, now that I look at descriptions of ennagram 3w4, I see that it fits me perfectly. Would this not further suggest that I'm an ENTP? If I am F, I'm fairly certain it would have to be INFP, which is generally described as being too timid to match, and frankly not logical enough. I'm reserved(as ennagram 3w4 suggests as well), but not shy because I'm scared or uncertain.

I think 3's been correlated in the past with extroversion but not that strongly. :thinking: Actually I can't really see INFP for you either. I think you'd be more likely to be Pe-dom than F-dom. I think F types that could work are ENFP or ESFP, but going over your questionnaire again and factoring in 3w4 I'm gonna go with [MENTION=25594]CognitiveLiberty[/MENTION] and say ENTP. I originally said F but CL reminded me to wake up a little and be a little more critical of my perceptions so yeah. ENTP could easily map out a lot of what you've said here.

Sorry [MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION]. :alttongue: I don't think 4w5 works either though. Robin is very individualistic yeah but also in a very flashy manner. Attraction to a "cool" image, attaining professionalism, and all that fun stuff. Very 3 but with some 4 sprinkled around imo.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think 3's been correlated in the past with extroversion but not that strongly. :thinking: Actually I can't really see INFP for you either. I think you'd be more likely to be Pe-dom than F-dom. I think F types that could work are ENFP or ESFP, but going over your questionnaire again and factoring in 3w4 I'm gonna go with [MENTION=25594]CognitiveLiberty[/MENTION] and say ENTP. I originally said F but CL reminded me to wake up a little and be a little more critical of my perceptions so yeah. ENTP could easily map out a lot of what you've said here.

Sorry [MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION]. :alttongue: I don't think 4w5 works either though. Robin is very individualistic yeah but also in a very flashy manner. Attraction to a "cool" image, attaining professionalism, and all that fun stuff. Very 3 but with some 4 sprinkled around imo.

I don't know though, the irritation with those who he appears to be intellectually inferior may suggest a 5 wing, and his intense value on being understood as a unique individual, which does seem to be his focus to me, makes me think 4. I don't really see 3 so much, as I sort of see a need to promote and develop the self, the unique perception of the self, in a way that relates to his current interests. So an ambtion promoted around the ego of his Fi. Really don't see ENTP at all, it seems way too value judgemental and more into the practical aspects-what he likes in what he see's, what external physical trends he observes, what is happening immediately in the world, the tangible much over the intangible. His energy comes off a bit to me as more of an ISFP over an ESFP, and as ISFP's can seem very ambiaverted in their desire, their more calculated desire, to carve out their 'place' in both inner and outer worlds it seems fitting.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know though, the irritation with those who he appears to be intellectually inferior may suggest a 5 wing,

:shrug: I think inferiority is more of an irritant with other e-types. 5 is more concerned with protecting the self than with others being able to keep up with them. But I think 3s can sometimes think in such a hierarchical way.

and his intense value on being understood as a unique individual, which does seem to be his focus to me, makes me think 4.

Mm, this seems just like a heart type problem to me. All 3 of them like to stand out, just in different ways. Focus on appreciation, standing out, getting praise, etc feels more 3 to me. He's also way more externally-oriented than a 4w5.

I sort of see a need to promote and develop the self, the unique perception of the self, in a way that relates to his current interests.

Mhm, none of that goes against 3w4.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I wrote that in the other thread, so I'll repeat it in here. I think as [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] that you are enneagram 3w4

Still not sure about MBTI type. I can see Fi and Ti and don't know which one is your preference. So it's mysterious ENXP