• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hey.. I need help finding my MBTI type.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Hello! :) I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if someone could please try to type me?

Thing is, I'm really tired of doing questionnaires for now.. Was wondering if there are any other ways to find my type.

I have read on the cognitive functions, but I keep thinking every function might be true for me. Sigh. I'm really indecisive.

So yeah, could someone please give some suggestions to help find my type? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hello Dox! First I'll start off by asking you a few questions. These questions are designed to see how you think and not just what you do. They will help with the typology and not just interests.
1 what is your favorite activity, and why do you like this activity?
2 how do you see life and why?
3 what do you look for in a friend/spouse
4 what career do you want to go into and why
These may seem like they are aiming at moajority of the question, but they are simply just emphasizing the one word at the end. You can put one word answers for your what, but if a thorough analysis is to be conducted, I need a detailed description on why your answer is what it is. We can see what we can do from there. Also don't think I am asking you to write an 8 paragraph answer for each question, just put what you believe is important in there. If you put more than that, you could tire us both out, and we won't get anywhere. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Hello! :) I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if someone could please try to type me?

Thing is, I'm really tired of doing questionnaires for now.. Was wondering if there are any other ways to find my type.

I have read on the cognitive functions, but I keep thinking every function might be true for me. Sigh. I'm really indecisive.

So yeah, could someone please give some suggestions to help find my type? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dox

MBTI Type
????
I apologize for replying so late.. I've been really busy IRL. :unsure: Thanks for the reply! :)

1 what is your favorite activity, and why do you like this activity?

I have a lot of favourite activities, and I'm having problems narrowing down to just one, hehe. Is it okay if I say more than one? I love reading since it gives me a lot of mental stimulation. I love researching on the MBTI and the cognitive functions, and trying to find my type. Whenever I'm bored, I would most likely find some mentally stimulating things to do, like reading the newspapers, or a magazine, or chatting with a friend. I also like to be really relaxed and just surround myself with comfortable things like nice music, a cup of hot chocolate and some pillows and blankets. Then I would read something.

2 how do you see life and why?

I'm not sure, and I haven't really tried thinking about how I see life as a whole. I guess it's a learning journey, where we learn more things as time passes by. I don't really have much to say about this.

3 what do you look for in a friend/spouse

I feel that I need people who are emotionally sensitive to my feelings, since I can be rather complex emotionally, and some people just don't understand the way I see things. I need someone who is understanding and is able to accept the weird parts of me. They must also be able to keep up with my rambling, because I can be rather talkative to people I'm close to, haha. Also, they must be interesting. I guess that's all.

4 what career do you want to go into and why

I'm rather interested in Psychology and Philosophy, these areas interest me more than the rest. I cannot imagine myself going into engineering since I don't find it interesting or the competitive areas like Business, Law or whatever since I'm generally not a competitive person. The areas I've mentioned are the only two I can think of that would interest me for very long. I also can't see myself being a teacher, since I don't like how restrictive the education system wants teachers to be. I need to be free to do my own thing and free to speak my mind, or I feel really constricted and stressed.

These may seem like they are aiming at moajority of the question, but they are simply just emphasizing the one word at the end. You can put one word answers for your what, but if a thorough analysis is to be conducted, I need a detailed description on why your answer is what it is. We can see what we can do from there. Also don't think I am asking you to write an 8 paragraph answer for each question, just put what you believe is important in there. If you put more than that, you could tire us both out, and we won't get anywhere. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

By the way, I'm considering ENFP, but I'm not sure if I'm one sometimes.. Sometimes I wonder if I am really xSFJ and developing tert/inferior Ne. However, I relate much more to Fi-Te than Fe-Ti because I can't seem to fake my emotions (it drains me to no end) and although I'd like to try to make someone feel better when they're sad, I am unable to show large amounts of care and attention if I do not relate what they're saying to my own personal experience. Could you also help me in this area?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The first couple paragraphs seem very much Ne, and the last two seem like a very mushy version of Fi. You're right to consider ENFP, because xSFJ doesn't really fit your answers to the question, because I see no Si or Fe. Congrats to our newest ENFP :D there's an NF forum in the mbti section if you want to connect to people with a similar view of the world, also feel free to post anywhere else.
I apologize for replying so late.. I've been really busy IRL. :unsure: Thanks for the reply! :)

I have a lot of favourite activities, and I'm having problems narrowing down to just one, hehe. Is it okay if I say more than one? I love reading since it gives me a lot of mental stimulation. I love researching on the MBTI and the cognitive functions, and trying to find my type. Whenever I'm bored, I would most likely find some mentally stimulating things to do, like reading the newspapers, or a magazine, or chatting with a friend. I also like to be really relaxed and just surround myself with comfortable things like nice music, a cup of hot chocolate and some pillows and blankets. Then I would read something.

I'm not sure, and I haven't really tried thinking about how I see life as a whole. I guess it's a learning journey, where we learn more things as time passes by. I don't really have much to say about this.

I feel that I need people who are emotionally sensitive to my feelings, since I can be rather complex emotionally, and some people just don't understand the way I see things. I need someone who is understanding and is able to accept the weird parts of me. They must also be able to keep up with my rambling, because I can be rather talkative to people I'm close to, haha. Also, they must be interesting. I guess that's all.

I'm rather interested in Psychology and Philosophy, these areas interest me more than the rest. I cannot imagine myself going into engineering since I don't find it interesting or the competitive areas like Business, Law or whatever since I'm generally not a competitive person. The areas I've mentioned are the only two I can think of that would interest me for very long. I also can't see myself being a teacher, since I don't like how restrictive the education system wants teachers to be. I need to be free to do my own thing and free to speak my mind, or I feel really constricted and stressed.

By the way, I'm considering ENFP, but I'm not sure if I'm one sometimes.. Sometimes I wonder if I am really xSFJ and developing tert/inferior Ne. However, I relate much more to Fi-Te than Fe-Ti because I can't seem to fake my emotions (it drains me to no end) and although I'd like to try to make someone feel better when they're sad, I am unable to show large amounts of care and attention if I do not relate what they're saying to my own personal experience. Could you also help me in this area?

Dox

MBTI Type
????
The first couple paragraphs seem very much Ne, and the last two seem like a very mushy version of Fi. You're right to consider ENFP, because xSFJ doesn't really fit your answers to the question, because I see no Si or Fe. Congrats to our newest ENFP :D there's an NF forum in the mbti section if you want to connect to people with a similar view of the world, also feel free to post anywhere else.

Thanks for replying again. :) I appreciate your answer, but to be honest, I still doubt myself being ENFP.. I wonder if you could still help with these doubts? It's okay if you don't feel like it, please do not in any way feel pressured to reply. :)

I've read that ENFPs hate routine, but to be honest, I'm okay with routine. In fact, sometimes I prefer routine than ever-changing situations, or I get a little antsy. Maybe it's my anxiety, but I relate to ISFJ's inferior Ne sometimes.. Although I also can relate to ENFP's inferior Si. Sigh.

Also, I hate when there's too many options. It's an Si-dom thing apparently, since Ne-doms would more likely be more comfortable with a lot of options. When there are too many possibilities I feel anxious and scared. And maybe a little stressed, too.

I've read ISFJs may try to be ENFPs but can't hold it up for long. For example, when they engage in their Ne and feel exhausted after that. I relate to this, and sometimes wish I could be as creative or have so many ideas as the ENFPs or ENTPs. Sigh.

But to be honest, I don't relate to the SJ temperament much. I've also read some SJs don't relate much to their type descriptions.. So I don't know anymore.

I really wish I am an ENFP. But I doubt it sometimes.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you misumderstand. Being an ENFP is not about having ideas and creativity, sure it is common among ENFPs, but none of them fit into that box of a perfect ENFP. Being an ENFP is about Ne(looking for new ideas and possibilities to stimulate your mind) and Fi( making decisions based on deep inner values and morals, independent of outer influences). So that means ENFPs don't always come up with the ideas, sometimes they just look for mental stimulation. Besides, I'm sure you've come up with a good idea sometime in your life :). We all have ideas, its just that ENFPs are more interested in the abstract realm of things that cannot be perceived by the senses. Say you do decide to enlist as ISFJ, would you be comfortable using the functions that an ISFJ uses? ISFJs would be Si( routine, tradition, and using the past to make decisions) and Fe( making value based decisions while adhering to outer social norms and chivalry codes) do you really relate to that? I wouldn't think so. Just try not to look at ENFPs as the creative gids and godesses that the appear to be on tv and try to look at them as mental stimulation seeking people that see the world as a cosmic whole that needs their unique talents.
Thanks for replying again. :) I appreciate your answer, but to be honest, I still doubt myself being ENFP.. I wonder if you could still help with these doubts? It's okay if you don't feel like it, please do not in any way feel pressured to reply. :)

I've read that ENFPs hate routine, but to be honest, I'm okay with routine. In fact, sometimes I prefer routine than ever-changing situations, or I get a little antsy. Maybe it's my anxiety, but I relate to ISFJ's inferior Ne sometimes.. Although I also can relate to ENFP's inferior Si. Sigh.

Also, I hate when there's too many options. It's an Si-dom thing apparently, since Ne-doms would more likely be more comfortable with a lot of options. When there are too many possibilities I feel anxious and scared. And maybe a little stressed, too.

I've read ISFJs may try to be ENFPs but can't hold it up for long. For example, when they engage in their Ne and feel exhausted after that. I relate to this, and sometimes wish I could be as creative or have so many ideas as the ENFPs or ENTPs. Sigh.

But to be honest, I don't relate to the SJ temperament much. I've also read some SJs don't relate much to their type descriptions.. So I don't know anymore.

I really wish I am an ENFP. But I doubt it sometimes.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
I think you misumderstand. Being an ENFP is not about having ideas and creativity, sure it is common among ENFPs, but none of them fit into that box of a perfect ENFP. Being an ENFP is about Ne(looking for new ideas and possibilities to stimulate your mind) and Fi( making decisions based on deep inner values and morals, independent of outer influences). So that means ENFPs don't always come up with the ideas, sometimes they just look for mental stimulation. Besides, I'm sure you've come up with a good idea sometime in your life :). We all have ideas, its just that ENFPs are more interested in the abstract realm of things that cannot be perceived by the senses. Say you do decide to enlist as ISFJ, would you be comfortable using the functions that an ISFJ uses? ISFJs would be Si( routine, tradition, and using the past to make decisions) and Fe( making value based decisions while adhering to outer social norms and chivalry codes) do you really relate to that? I wouldn't think so. Just try not to look at ENFPs as the creative gids and godesses that the appear to be on tv and try to look at them as mental stimulation seeking people that see the world as a cosmic whole that needs their unique talents.

Thank you so much. I guess it'll take awhile for me to stop thinking of them as people who generate millions of ideas a day. I've really thought myself as inferior to them because of that.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah it's really not your fault though. It's all the internet stereotypes going around. N's are seen as creative and insightful while S's are the dumb and unimagiinitive ones. Abd then the thinkers are supposed to be tough and cold hearted whike the feelers are mushy wusses. None of that is true at all. This might be a lot to process after being fed all those lies by idiotic teens that think they know the theory, and I get it. I fell into the same trap as you and it took me until recently to really understand the theory. If I had to give you a recommendation for which sites to visit for valid information, try professional sites like PersonalityPathaways and CelebrityTypes and be sure to avoid Tumblr, and Most Personality Cafe Posts, and anything that wasn't written by a PhD in pyschology or at least someone with a decent unserstandin of the theory. The easiest way to tell BS from reality is that as soon as the person says stuff like N's are smarter than S's, Thinkers are more manly than Feelers, or Se users are the most athletic, that's when you avoid that site for good. Mbti is one of the least understood subjects on the internet and it is essential to be wary of stereotypes. The one concept that has helped me deter the false from the truth, is the facts that mbti has nothing to do with ability, and that it tests nothing beyond personality preference.
Thank you so much. I guess it'll take awhile for me to stop thinking of them as people who generate millions of ideas a day. I've really thought myself as inferior to them because of that.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Yeah it's really not your fault though. It's all the internet stereotypes going around. N's are seen as creative and insightful while S's are the dumb and unimagiinitive ones. Abd then the thinkers are supposed to be tough and cold hearted whike the feelers are mushy wusses. None of that is true at all. This might be a lot to process after being fed all those lies by idiotic teens that think they know the theory, and I get it. I fell into the same trap as you and it took me until recently to really understand the theory. If I had to give you a recommendation for which sites to visit for valid information, try professional sites like PersonalityPathaways and CelebrityTypes and be sure to avoid Tumblr, and Most Personality Cafe Posts, and anything that wasn't written by a PhD in pyschology or at least someone with a decent unserstandin of the theory. The easiest way to tell BS from reality is that as soon as the person says stuff like N's are smarter than S's, Thinkers are more manly than Feelers, or Se users are the most athletic, that's when you avoid that site for good. Mbti is one of the least understood subjects on the internet and it is essential to be wary of stereotypes. The one concept that has helped me deter the false from the truth, is the facts that mbti has nothing to do with ability, and that it tests nothing beyond personality preference.

Thank you for the site recommendations. I will explore them soon enough. :p

I agree with you.. Sometimes, you just can't trust all that you read on the internet. There are some really biased and uninformed people lurking around and throwing out stereotypes to people passing by.

Haha, Tumblr and PerC are the places I go to most now to read on MBTI things. To be fair, the people on PerC has helped me quite a lot, although I may just be deluding myself, lol.

The bolded one made me understand MBTI a lot more. I need more reminders that MBTI is something to help you understand how you think things, not what you think. Thanks a lot for your help again. You seem like a really kind person. :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I could agree that some people on PerC are very intelligent, is just that alot of them are deluded. I've seen them type Adam as ENTJ just because of a notion that he should be the opposite type of Eve to preserve the rest of the types(they think type is inborn), and they typed Sandy Cheeks as ENTP just because she's a scientist that invents things(she's an undoubtful Se user). Tumblr is all full of hoopla, infact, they're worse than PerC. People were pisting on Tumblr back when the N vs S bias was out, and some of those unintelligable posts were still there. Some of theor typings were right, but they were the misinformed doodoo heads that came up with the theory that Se is correlated with reflexes. Celebrity Types has so far been the mist informative site I've gone to. The admin is a professional psychologist that types every celebrity imaginable the right way and even gives quoted to prove their typing. You have to pay credit card money for the all the celebrities and infographics, but he still gives out a TON of information for free. That's how I improved my understanding of the functions: I read most of the quotes on all the type pages and got used to how the functions talk and expres themselves. Did yoi know that Henry Ford, the guy who invented the car is an ESTJ? ESTJ was the last type I would recognize as a creative inventor, but he is an ESTJ becauseof his expression of Te and Si in hus communication style. Check it out! After a while of hanging out on that site your mbti knowledge will skyrocket.
Thank you for the site recommendations. I will explore them soon enough. :p

I agree with you.. Sometimes, you just can't trust all that you read on the internet. There are some really biased and uninformed people lurking around and throwing out stereotypes to people passing by.

Haha, Tumblr and PerC are the places I go to most now to read on MBTI things. To be fair, the people on PerC has helped me quite a lot, although I may just be deluding myself, lol.

The bolded one made me understand MBTI a lot more. I need more reminders that MBTI is something to help you understand how you think things, not what you think. Thanks a lot for your help again. You seem like a really kind person. :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh and no problem btw, and you seem like you have good intentions as well :) didn't see your last paragraph until now.