• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? (I think I'm INFJ, INFP, ISFJ, or INTJ)

elegant_strength

1-what makes you angry?
Inconsiderate people. Hesitant, timid people. Uptight people. Stupid rules. Punishment. Organized religion. Tumblr. The stupid social causes that everyone obsesses over on Tumblr. People who think they're animals/plants. People who are totally incapable of functioning socially. Pop culture. Uncivilized people. Buzzwords like "cisgender" and "demisexual". Documentaries that invoke viewers' sadness and sympathy. Fake people who think that pretending to like introverts makes them a good person. Women who purposely act like incompetent children to attract men. "Swag". People who can't see past the obvious. People who enjoy hurting others. People who tell me not to stereotype or generalize. People who are not capable of having a one-on-one conversation. Smoking. People who get personal in debates.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like that everyone has something they deeply care about, and that no one is completely good or evil. I dislike that the majority of people fail to realize and/or admit this.

3-do you like animals? why?
Yes, I like animals. They are innocent and purely controlled by their instincts and needs. Although I wouldn't prefer to have pets or work with animals, I love them and it deeply upsets me when they are hurt. I watched an animal cruelty video once. That's the first time any sort of propaganda has legitimately made me cry.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
My favorite people are all very logical, emotionally stable, supportive, and great at giving advice. I guess I like people that I see as mentors, even if they're younger than me. I also like that all my favorite people are reliable. They don't cancel plans at the last minute or choose their other friends over me.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I like that I have compassion for people who are bullied or mistreated by authority figures. Most people just assume that they deserve it and I am deeply saddened and angered by this. I dislike how awkward I am most of the time. I suck at small talk and I manage to screw up on most tasks (especially in group projects).

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
To some extent, yes. I care about what people think of me, so I like to look good by society's standards. However, I am not totally restrained by this. I have my own unique style (I wear a lot of pastels, dresses, and floral patterns) and there are some very fashionable things (like snapbacks and Abercrombie tees) that I will never wear.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I prefer to have a perfect balance, which is pretty much impossible to achieve. I want to be accepted by society, but I also wish there was something that separated me from everyone else. Something good, obviously, like having an unusually high IQ or an unmatched talent. I have synesthesia, which is both good and bad at times, and I'm glad I have it because it makes me different without making me odd.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
I enjoy singing, writing stories, studying/discussing psychology, taking personality quizzes, playing video games and tablet games, reading interactive fiction, organizing things, and filling out surveys.

9-what makes you feel secure?
As strange as this sounds, nothing makes me feel more secure than being totally in the hands of a trusted person that I know for a fact will take care of me and has my best interest at heart.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I love being in a relationship, but I am very selective about who I date. It's not that I'm shallow, it's just that I prefer to take a submissive role in relationships and this can lead to feeling suppressed and/or trapped if the other person is not up to my standards in strength and intelligence. Otherwise I end up leading and that makes me feel like I'm dating a kid. Also, I need my space. But I can be clingy sometimes. It's weird.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love nature, spirituality, and sensuality. I also love soft feminine things. I love people who are emotionally supportive in a genuine way. I love stereotypes, labels, and generalizations. I love seeing beauty in things that others find mundane or unappealing. I love fantasy, especially high fantasy. I love learning about people, including myself.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Three things: my future plans, and story ideas, and random facts that I want to know. The future plans mostly involve academic/financial success and what I predict my career will be like. The story ideas vary, but romance is always involved. The facts range from how a seatbelt works to how many inches a belly button goes in.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I have changed sooooo much in some ways, but not at all in other ways. I was always naïve back then. I would try to be friends with the really pretty "girly girls" and they would always insult me. To my face. Even at age six, lol. Since then I've learned that most people will find a stupid reason to dislike me and that I shouldn't let my guard down or set myself up to be humiliated. I was pretty androgynous as a child, and now I'm more feminine than anyone I know. I was insanely smart as a child (didn't need to study or anything, ever) and now my grades and intelligence are pretty average. Although I'm very shy, I was five times as shy when I was a kid. So I guess my confidence has improved a little. I'm still very sensitive, I still have a vivid imagination, and I'm still rebellious at heart.

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
That is quite the range of types... I'm gonna go with INFP, but I'm definitely no expert here.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=24920]elegant_strength[/MENTION] here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

1-what makes you angry?
Inconsiderate people. Hesitant, timid people. Uptight people. Stupid rules. Punishment. Organized religion. Tumblr. The stupid social causes that everyone obsesses over on Tumblr. People who think they're animals/plants. People who are totally incapable of functioning socially. Pop culture. Uncivilized people. Buzzwords like "cisgender" and "demisexual". Documentaries that invoke viewers' sadness and sympathy. Fake people who think that pretending to like introverts makes them a good person. Women who purposely act like incompetent children to attract men. "Swag". People who can't see past the obvious. People who enjoy hurting others. People who tell me not to stereotype or generalize. People who are not capable of having a one-on-one conversation. Smoking. People who get personal in debates.
Why is it bad for a documentary to invoke sadness and sympathy in viewers?

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
My favorite people are all very logical, emotionally stable, supportive, and great at giving advice. I guess I like people that I see as mentors, even if they're younger than me. I also like that all my favorite people are reliable. They don't cancel plans at the last minute or choose their other friends over me.
What is it that you like so much about people that are "very logical"?

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I prefer to have a perfect balance, which is pretty much impossible to achieve. I want to be accepted by society, but I also wish there was something that separated me from everyone else. Something good, obviously, like having an unusually high IQ or an unmatched talent. I have synesthesia, which is both good and bad at times, and I'm glad I have it because it makes me different without making me odd.
Why is it important to be different?

What is it that you like talking to people about?

What are your personal values?

How would you prefer to re-energize yourself if you are feeling drained?

You have been given the "Most valuable person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve the honour?

Do you make decisions easily or do you prefer to put off finalizing decisions as long as possible?

Is it important to seek experiences?

What is it like to not be doing anything?

To what extent do your and other people's feelings play a role in your decision making?

You have mentioned that hesitant and timid people make you angry. Are you making this same judgement about yourself since you are shy?

elegant_strength

Why is it bad for a documentary to invoke sadness and sympathy in viewers?

It just seems so "warm and fuzzy." When I watch things like that with other people, they always have these ridiculous emotional reactions (ie. *gasp* "omg that's so terrible!!!") while I'm rolling my eyes.

What is it that you like so much about people that are "very logical"?

Oh, this constantly changes. I don't even like that type of person anymore. Currently my favorite type of people are the ones with strong Se, who can spend hours just doing fun things and being stupid without getting too serious. I like them because they're entertaining, and I'm beginning to discover my "fun" side.

Why is it important to be different?

I am very passionate about certain things, and I like to think that I have some sort of insight that others don't, that will enable me to change the world.

What is it that you like talking to people about?

Things that interest me. I always want to monologue, but I know that this would annoy most people. Still, I could talk for hours about personality, religion, my life goals, or my story ideas if I knew that someone really wanted to hear it.

What are your personal values?

This is a difficult question for me. I guess standing up for myself and others is my "main" personal value. I tie it with bravery; I feel that anyone who can see someone being hurt and not do anything to stop it is not only a horrible person, but a mindless sheep and a coward as well. And I don't use those insults often.

How would you prefer to re-energize yourself if you are feeling drained?

Planning for things usually brings my energy level up. Anything from planning a themed party to starting a social/political movement on facebook to organizing a casual hangout with my friends to designing a website and marketing plan for a business would make my energy spike for sure.

You have been given the "Most valuable person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve the honour?

That's easy; I led a successful political movement that changed the lives of many people.

Do you make decisions easily or do you prefer to put off finalizing decisions as long as possible?

I obsess over decisions, so I don't really put them off but they take forever.

Is it important to seek experiences?

Yes, to some extent. Experiences are great, but once they're over, they're just memories. They're just past moments that we want to relive but can't.

What is it like to not be doing anything?

It's literally the worst thing ever. You know that feeling when you're sick and constantly sneezing and drinking water and you just feel like a complete mess? That's what I feel like when I'm doing nothing. It actually gives me a headache sometimes, and when I start doing something or a person talks to me, it feels like I've spent the past year in a cave.

To what extent do your and other people's feelings play a role in your decision making?

My feelings? I don't really know. Other people's feelings? More than I'd like to admit. I often give up the chance at revenge on people who have hurt me because I know how deeply a small thing could affect someone. Even in high school, it always crossed my mind that writing something mean about someone on a wall could ultimately lead to their depression or suicide.

You have mentioned that hesitant and timid people make you angry. Are you making this same judgment about yourself since you are shy?

Maybe. I'm not as hesitant as I once was, but I can still be quite timid. I hate that about myself. The way I see it, there are the people I admire: confident, sharp-witted, outspoken, and unafraid- and then there are the people (including myself at times) that I dislike: shy, scared, hesitant, slow-thinking, and soft-spoken.

rmrf

INTJ.

"because I know how deeply a small thing could affect someone. Even in high school, it always crossed my mind that writing something mean about someone on a wall could ultimately lead to their depression or suicide"

The concern for other people's feelings manifested in the context of Ti, rather than "I was about to write something mean on a wall, then I felt so sad and upset imagining if someone said it about me". You can still use thinking to consider and empathise with the feelings of others.

Also "I admire: confident, sharp-witted, outspoken, and unafraid" implies INTJ.

You don't strike me as much of an F. Just as a reasonable 'soft' INTJ; soft in this context isn't derogatory.

In my opinion, I think INTJs tend to have an 'inner troll' (as in trolling) which they either repress or overindulge to varying extents. Generally because INTJs are at heart timid, so they can get overly trollish or aggressive to overcompensate for this. Walter White is a good example of an INTJ like this. Very timid, until it came out. Once the troll comes out, it gives them a kick and they make take it too far.

Look at some forum arguments where the person is superfically polite, overly-articulated, but still very aggressive and antagonistic but trying to be 'smart'. Person is probably quite hesitant, shy, and soften spoken in real life. They are most likely an INTJ. You see that type of post across the internet, on all kinds of forums. On TypC, many of the posts like that are written by people identifying as INTJ.

Of course, it goes with saying, these generalisations do not apply to everyone. But if that sort of "intellectual troll" style rings true, it implies INTJ

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, you're a difficult one.

I think you're an F type because you appear to be chiefly motivated by subjective values which would typically indicate Fi but I sometimes struggle to distinguish it from Si's impressionism.

Scratch out all NPs. Aside from that point on wall writing and depression/suicide, I didn't get much Ne primary perspective shift off of you. That particular anecdote my be indicative of Fe though...

I can't really tell if you're an introvert or no since your attention seems about even split between the external world and your perceptions of it.

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

xSFJ.

Objective determination and administration of values from personal impressions.

Yes. xSFJ.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?