• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze my type, possible IxTx, questionnaire responses included

cloudcake

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am undecided between three types: INTP, INTJ and ISTJ. I may not be an INTP because I don't identify much with Ne, I'm not that creative and don't have the brainstorming abilities Ne users are said to have. That being said, I do get excited when I learn of new things that connect to things I've already learnt. I'm not sure if it's Ni or Ne or Si, but when I learn of something which supports or is connected to something learnt before or that I know, I get this elated feeling and feel so happy. For example, learning about the different ways humans have evolved and why certain body processes occur because of certain evolutionary pressures is very very interesting. Learning the reasons behind the things that occur is very satisfying for me.

I may not be an INTJ because I don't possess the superiority complex and high confidence that most INTJs seem to have (or is this just a stereotype?). I identify with Ni somewhat because at times I go very deep into a topic and really get to the heart of it, and answers come to me in a flash. Identifying and learning about symbolism in texts and movies etc is something that I love as well.

I may not be an ISTJ because I am not so organized and responsible as ISTJs are said to be. I treat responsibility as a major burden. I also end up doing things unconventionally or not as would be expected of me. My memory is somewhat pathetic, I can never be sure of what I remember. For example, if I tell someone about something. I remembered, and they ask me if I'm sure, I start to doubt my memory and I'm not sure. My memory isn't reliable. However, I identify a bit with Si because of those nostalgic moments I have, which I think are very beautiful. For example, I listen to many songs just because of the memories they bring back to me.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for independance. I don't want to rely on anybody, because when you do, you end up owing them something. I want to be able to provide for myself, and not need the help of others (want is a different thing ) for the major aspects of my life. That would be an ideal situation. As a minor, complete independance is obviously not possible now, but when I grow older I want to be completely independant, both financially and emotionally. I don't want to have the need for others to provide for my money, and I don't want to be in a position where my happiness and satisfaction stems from other people solely.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I really can't think of anything when I felt the finest, but there are small things that happen that make me feel really good, such as when I do a literature essay and I go so deep in analysis, and I come up with things I've come up with before, and make all these fantastic connections ah it feels amazing.

Or when I make a cake look amazing, and the final product looks great and tastes great, everyone likes it etc, I feel great.

I think I'm approaching this question from a wrong perspective though. Maybe my definition of " finest" isn't what you probably wanted from this question.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I do something wrong and am caught, I feel inferior. If I am not caught I'm fine with it, but if someone saw me doing it, I'll feel very bad, probably that the person now has a bad opinion of me?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I use the advantages and disadvantages to make my decisions. I put very little weightage on how I feel about it, and put more weightage on how others would think of me depending on what decision I take. But the main deciding factor would be its pros and cons.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I try to make a rough outline, and then start the project, but the project rarely ever follows the outline. I still make the plan first and then do my work, even though I barely follow the plan. I like to have control over the outcome. In group projects, if I deem the other members to be incompetent leaders, I usually lead, which dislike doing, but I know if the only way the work will be completed and of decent quality, I either lead, or do most of the work.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I don't remember any times when I surely had a lot of fun, just a few things I remember I really had fun doing before. What I mean is that I'm pretty sure I have had more fun experiences, I just remember anything except what happened recently.

We had a dance performance, and I was dancing with someone I really liked, so it was lots of fun dancing and spending time with him. I also enjoyed it because I was the best dancer, so it was a pleasant experience (background information, I'm usually a terrible dancer, maybe because I liked the dance and the person I danced much better hm)

I also had a lot of fun on a school trip I went on, spent loads of time with my friends, and with people I liked a lot, doing fun activities, so it was great.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

To learn, first. I understand the reasoning and principles behind it, then I sort of theorize (like I frame it in a way that makes sense to me, using those basic principles I understood).

Off topic, but if I have to study, say for an exam, then I would understand the principles as above, and then try to memorize it (which is relatively easy because I have understood the principles behind it.) To memorize, I've noted that I have to say it out loud or else it's harder to remember. I also prefer walking around while studying.

If I am short of time and have to study lots of material (happens often I procastinate so much ) , I just read through, mentally noting down the theory behind the material and maybe some important terms that would be necessary- I end up doing very well when I study like this, oddly enough. (Seemed like a percieving tendancy).

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm pretty unorganized, but I like trying to get things organized (but usually fail because it's so boring). I like the idea of having things organized, and make all sorts of plans and lists of how I'm going to do it, so I start of really enthusiastically, but then get bored and realize it's taking too long, so I just stuff everything back, and so it's all unorganized. It's a vicious cycle.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I first try to see if it makes sense according to what I know about the subject, and then maybe, if I have doubts about it I will look for information about it. Actually I would look for supporting information about it anyways, even if I think it's correct, just to be sure.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Be myself and make sure the people I care about are doing fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before speaking, and end up holding my tongue way more than I should be because of this, because I analyses whether what I was going to say is apporopriate, will be understood etc, and by that time the moments gone.

However, when I'm comfortable I speak before thinking, and then end up regretting the things that I said later. I tend to say really weird and somewhat rude (all in jest) things.

Certainly prefer one on one conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I always like to know where I'm going to be jumping. I do tons of research about this and more often than not I don't take the leap because I'm too busy deciding if I should or not. I have wasted so many opportunities because of this.

Just like how words can be superficial and meaningless, so can actions. Unless you know the entire picture you can never judge the worth of either actions or words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I see if what my friends are calling me out for is something I want to do more than watch that show, and try to gauge the repercussions of not going on our relationship, and see if I would be missing something big.

If not I just stay at home, I would probably prefer this, unless I'm in the mood to go out (not often).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I just keep quiet. I'm not very vocal about it. I analyse the situation, and almost always come up with a way to "get out" of the situations and come up with lags minute resorts and back up plans. I take the worse case scenario and work with it, analysing the best course of action in case of the worse case scenario.

Once I find out that the thing I was stressed about was pointless, and I shouldn't have been stressed about it, I'm very loud, vocalizing how pointless my stress was. I'm usually really happy in this situation then, and tend to show it.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike it when people suck up to people. Especially when like some of my classmates suck up to teachers I find it so disgusting.

I dislike it when people display elitism, for example music elitism. There are these people that think that they listen to " real", "better" music. It's obviously better for you, maybe not for others, and just because a person listens to mainstream music doesn't mean they have poor taste in music, it's subjective. Maybe what irks me the most about this is the fact that they praised and appreciated for listening to unique, real music. Just something about this whole scenario is so off-putting.

I also dislike it when people overly compliment others for eg. If someone says you look nice, I dislike it when the person replies with something like "No I'm not, have you seen yourself" even when the compliment giver obviously doesn't look good!

That's a few things I can remember now.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

If it's a random person or even someone I know well, I like dissecting theories, and coming up with explanations for the things around us, and discussing philosophy etc. and talking about the MBTI as well.

I even like talking to a person I like to find out how their brain works, their opinions on things etc (usually for people I fancy)

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Looks (because I have given up, I know I look like crap), what I like/dislike (I put so little thought into this), I don't know. Honestly, the things I pay the least attention to will be hard to say because I don't pay attention to it, so it doesn't have significance in my life.

The problems going on in other people's lives is something I just don't care about, unless it affects me in some way (this sounds so cruel and horrible, but it's true)

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Most people perceive me as served and quiet and intelligent I guess, and maybe helpful (this is wrong, I gain no happiness from helping others, unless it will affect my life in any way).
My really good friend who knows me best knows I'm cynical, blunt and I guess she would perceive me as intelligent and theoretical in my ideas. And that I compliment very rarely.

They would never say that I'm sweet, cute, outgoing, etc (These traits actually defined me a few years ago, when I was acting like this to fit in. Now I am fed up of pretending)

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would usually plan out my day to be super fun and amazing and doing everything I like, I would probably procrastinate on that and just go on the internet, read, watch movies online, read manga or watch anime (which would be the kind of activities I would feel like doing)

Sorry it's so long, but probably that will make it more accurate? Thank you. And feel free to ask any questions if it will help with your analysis.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=22666]cloudcake[/MENTION] here are some questions for you.

Which of the two statements do you identify with? You gain energy around other people and lose it when you are by yourself, or you lose energy when you are around others and gain it back when you are by yourself.

What do you think about most of the time?

What do you like about "dissecting theories"?

You have been given the "Most important person on earth" award, by the United Nations. What did you do to deserve the honour?

Do make decisions easily, or do you prefer to put them off as long as possible?

cloudcake

@robert666 Lose energy around others and gain it when I'm by myself, but that is only most of the times. Sometimes I like talking to specific people to tell them my ideas for example.

That's a very difficult question for me to answer. Anybody I would think would find it difficult. I can't really say, because I think if so so many things. I'm sorry this is too difficult.

In dissecting theories I like discussing how valid they seem, or what principles are utilized in those theories and how they apply to other theories as well, how (if) the theories are applicable to our life, and basically coming up with different ideas and theories for normal occurrences as well (this isn't what you asked, but this is something I like doing as well).

I haven't done anything worthy up till now (personally I think an award like that is useless and not necessary at all), but if I were to do something important, it would be to pioneer a new reproductive future for humanity (I have this plan about it all thought out), where you basically "grow" children in artificial wombs.

I prefer to put them off as long as possible, because I always feel if I make a decision, I may not be able to change it, and some information might come about that would require me to change it, but then I wouldn't be able to. I have an aversion towards making decisions of any kind (but to put a twist on to this, I love planning things, but seldom follow up on those plans).

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here's my assessment of your type.

I do get excited when I learn of new things that connect to things I've already learnt.
Seems TP.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I really can't think of anything when I felt the finest, but there are small things that happen that make me feel really good, such as when I do a literature essay and I go so deep in analysis, and I come up with things I've come up with before, and make all these fantastic connections ah it feels amazing.

Or when I make a cake look amazing, and the final product looks great and tastes great, everyone likes it etc, I feel great.

I think I'm approaching this question from a wrong perspective though. Maybe my definition of " finest" isn't what you probably wanted from this question.
Seems TP.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I use the advantages and disadvantages to make my decisions. I put very little weightage on how I feel about it, and put more weightage on how others would think of me depending on what decision I take. But the main deciding factor would be its pros and cons.
F not indicated.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

To learn, first. I understand the reasoning and principles behind it, then I sort of theorize (like I frame it in a way that makes sense to me, using those basic principles I understood).

Off topic, but if I have to study, say for an exam, then I would understand the principles as above, and then try to memorize it (which is relatively easy because I have understood the principles behind it.) To memorize, I've noted that I have to say it out loud or else it's harder to remember. I also prefer walking around while studying.

If I am short of time and have to study lots of material (happens often I procastinate so much ) , I just read through, mentally noting down the theory behind the material and maybe some important terms that would be necessary- I end up doing very well when I study like this, oddly enough. (Seemed like a percieving tendancy).
Seems T.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I'm pretty unorganized, but I like trying to get things organized (but usually fail because it's so boring). I like the idea of having things organized, and make all sorts of plans and lists of how I'm going to do it, so I start of really enthusiastically, but then get bored and realize it's taking too long, so I just stuff everything back, and so it's all unorganized. It's a vicious cycle.
Seems P.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Be myself and make sure the people I care about are doing fine.
Fe not indicated.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before speaking, and end up holding my tongue way more than I should be because of this, because I analyses whether what I was going to say is apporopriate, will be understood etc, and by that time the moments gone.

However, when I'm comfortable I speak before thinking, and then end up regretting the things that I said later. I tend to say really weird and somewhat rude (all in jest) things.

Certainly prefer one on one conversation.
Seems I.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I always like to know where I'm going to be jumping. I do tons of research about this and more often than not I don't take the leap because I'm too busy deciding if I should or not. I have wasted so many opportunities because of this.

Just like how words can be superficial and meaningless, so can actions. Unless you know the entire picture you can never judge the worth of either actions or words.
Seems P.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I see if what my friends are calling me out for is something I want to do more than watch that show, and try to gauge the repercussions of not going on our relationship, and see if I would be missing something big.

If not I just stay at home, I would probably prefer this, unless I'm in the mood to go out (not often).
Seems I.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

If it's a random person or even someone I know well, I like dissecting theories, and coming up with explanations for the things around us, and discussing philosophy etc. and talking about the MBTI as well.

I even like talking to a person I like to find out how their brain works, their opinions on things etc (usually for people I fancy)
Seems N.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Looks (because I have given up, I know I look like crap), what I like/dislike (I put so little thought into this), I don't know. Honestly, the things I pay the least attention to will be hard to say because I don't pay attention to it, so it doesn't have significance in my life.

The problems going on in other people's lives is something I just don't care about, unless it affects me in some way (this sounds so cruel and horrible, but it's true)
F not indicated.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would usually plan out my day to be super fun and amazing and doing everything I like, I would probably procrastinate on that and just go on the internet, read, watch movies online, read manga or watch anime (which would be the kind of activities I would feel like doing)
Seems P.

Lose energy around others and gain it when I'm by myself, but that is only most of the times. Sometimes I like talking to specific people to tell them my ideas for example.
Seems I.

In dissecting theories I like discussing how valid they seem, or what principles are utilized in those theories and how they apply to other theories as well, how (if) the theories are applicable to our life, and basically coming up with different ideas and theories for normal occurrences as well (this isn't what you asked, but this is something I like doing as well).
Seems N.

I haven't done anything worthy up till now (personally I think an award like that is useless and not necessary at all), but if I were to do something important, it would be to pioneer a new reproductive future for humanity (I have this plan about it all thought out), where you basically "grow" children in artificial wombs.
Seems NT, and seems gross.

I prefer to put them off as long as possible, because I always feel if I make a decision, I may not be able to change it, and some information might come about that would require me to change it, but then I wouldn't be able to. I have an aversion towards making decisions of any kind (but to put a twist on to this, I love planning things, but seldom follow up on those plans).
Seems P.

Your perceiving and thinking preferences are very obvious. I am typing you as INTP.