Thread: ENFP or INFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

INFP

MBTI
    INTJ

I could tell on the last question (regarding what activities I'd choose on a whole day to do whatever I want) that response was very Se. But it was in all honesty what I could think of because I feel like I don't see my friends enough. As for the S vs. N question I definitely prefer ideas above experience, and the experience I do like (such as traveling and concerts) I usually turn it into something that inspires new ideas. Not to mention that experience like that don't feel like they come naturally in the same way ideas do. I've been meaning to go to the amusement park with my friends for three years. Ideas however is something I work on a daily basis, I get kicks out of it. And I wouldn't say I do that as much of experience. I went skydiving last year. I was proud of myself for doing it and it was really cool. But I did not get a kick out of that as much as I do when brainstorming ideas for "just" a shortfilm. And each idea I'm hoping that maybe, maybe this will actually turn into something. It usually doesn't as I have a lot of other ideas that I think could be just as wonderful. Especially when I'm with my best friend, we can talk ideas forever, and it's pretty much all our texting conversations. "What do you think about this? This? No? If you don't like that here's another one!"
    This seems very N. So I think NFP is right for your type.

As for the E vs. I question, I find it very hard to decide which. I myself think I lean more towards E, but then I get unsure. I think I'd choose option one, but there are probably times where option two would sound a lot more appealing! I know this doesn't make it any more clear, and I'm sorry. I don't think I'd ever turn down being around my family or my closest friends even when I need to recharge and be away from people, because I'd prefer their company. But sometimes a night with just me is really good because I love the silence and just being alone, and it would make me appreciate the company of others a lot more afterwards.
    The bolded suggests that you would always choose to be with family or closest friends when you need to recharge, over being by yourself. Is this true? If not, then under what conditions would you give up being with loved ones so that you could recharge alone? Assume only that you are drained and need recharging and that you do not know why you are drained.

MBTI
    ENFP

@Frosty6226 I'm curious though. Do you think so because I'm more of an introvert, or that my Fi dominates my Ne?

@robert666 It means that if a friend or family member says "let's hang out" or "let's go to dinner" I will say yes even though I feel drained because it does make me feel better. However if I feel drained I do not always seek up people to be around so I do often end up alone and I don't necessarily mind it but I will still think about it being nice to be around someone. So there's my confusion I suppose.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post

@robert666 It means that if a friend or family member says "let's hang out" or "let's go to dinner" I will say yes even though I feel drained because it does make me feel better. However if I feel drained I do not always seek up people to be around so I do often end up alone and I don't necessarily mind it but I will still think about it being nice to be around someone. So there's my confusion I suppose.
    Ok, I guess I'm going to have to put more restrictions on the scenario.

Here's the scenario:
    You are feeling drained. Note that I have not specified how you came to be drained. You only know that you are drained, you do not know if it was caused by being around people or caused by being alone or by anything else.
    Now you are given two options to recharge yourself. You must choose one of these options for the whole recharging period. This means that you cannot start with one option and then switch midway to the other option.
    The choice of the option is to be made by you and you alone, before you start your recharging. You do not get advice or suggestions from your friends or family.

Here are the two options, which one do you choose?

Option 1. You spend your recharging time with one or more of your friends or family members. You may pick any number of friends or family members, but you obviously must pick at least one. You will spend the time with the friends or family members engaged in any activity of your choosing.

Option 2. You spend your recharging time by yourself. You will spend the time alone engaged in any activity of your choosing.

MBTI
    ENFP

@robert666 I'm sorry that I keep twisting it, I don't mean to be that way! But between the two options, option 1. I do prefer spending that time with someone.

But sometimes I find it hard to reach out to people, and then I don't see that as much of an option. (This is not me switching to the other answer by the way. It is just a side note!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

If that's you in the photo, and using your comments in this thread as an indicator, ENFP.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

ESFJ 2w3
    Likes OrangeAppled, chubber liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    ESFJ 2w3
    She does look like @Showbread, if that is her in her avatar.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    @robert666 I'm sorry that I keep twisting it, I don't mean to be that way! But between the two options, option 1. I do prefer spending that time with someone.

But sometimes I find it hard to reach out to people, and then I don't see that as much of an option. (This is not me switching to the other answer by the way. It is just a side note!)
    Ok, I think I understand why you are confused. You may be thinking you have to be able to put up with people all the time, but even extraverts are allowed some time off. Also this does not affect your preference for the way you recharge yourself when feeling drained. So based on your picking option 1, I am going to say that you have an E preference. I am officially christening you as ENFP.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    She does look like @Showbread, if that is her in her avatar.
    haha she does and I didn't even make that connection. I did, however, trip-out on how much she looked like my old ESFJ supervisor...