User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    6

    Red face If You Would Be So Kind...

    Firstly, I feel obligated to apologize for the lengthiness of my answers u-u I'm sorry.

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    I'm actually almost certain of my type now, I just want to be positive that what I am thinking is correct by getting an unbiased opinion.

    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    I used to wish I could become smarter, but then I realized that I sought knowledge, not intellect. Now I wish I could absorb all the knowledge in the world. I suppose this is because it would give me new perspectives on certain theories & interesting rabbit trails to chase. I also just like having knowledge for knowledge's sake. I don't mind if it's pointless. It makes me feel more alive somehow.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    I think that I feel my best after finishing a writing piece. It gives me a great feeling of satisfaction, and it makes me happy to be able to create something that has the potential to evoke emotions in others. I want to contribute something beautiful to the world, even if it is as small as that.

    4) What makes you feel inferior?
    Exams make me feel inferior. I know the information well, but I am terrible at taking tests. I like school and learning, but tests make me feel stupider than I feel that I am. I make alot of little mistakes, like fudged algebra & such.

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
    When it comes to a decision concerning only myself, I am most concerned with truth. When it comes to a decision concerning other people, I will probably do what will pacify the majority group, even if it is against my better judgment.

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    If I don't know what is going on, then I'm fine as a follower. If I do know what needs to be done but I don't know the group, I will offer my ideas. If they get turned down, I would do my assigned part in the plan but try to do the entire project my own way on the side. If I do know the people in the group, I am rather assertive and try to dominate the leadership position.

    7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    I don't really feel like I have fun all that often... I do things that are enjoyable and make me feel good, but I don't really think of them as fun. I suppose the things I like that I associate the most with fun are going jetskiing and windsurfing. Physical activities & the like.

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
    I start off by reading everything I can about the subject, but am ultimately a kinesthetic learner.

    9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
    I am incredibly messy. I don't like to clean because I know that if I start, I will want to organize everything perfectly and that will take forever. It's not that I don't like organizing, I love it. It's just that I feel I could be doing something more conducive to my interests & that furthers my existing skills.

    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    It isn't difficult for me to see the motivations behind an idea, although I don't know if I necissarily put effort into seeing them. I just do. It is easy for me to see why someone would want to hold certain ideas. What is a little more difficult sometimes to understand is how they can actually go so far as to believe them.
    I don't know if I'm explaining this well t-t

    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    Definitely the former, though I don't really feel a need to belong to any group; I'm perfectly fine being alone. I can't stand conflict though, even if it is between people I've never spoken to. I sort of try to "be myself" in that I behave in a way that feels most natural, but what is most natural for me is to mirror the people I'm speaking with, so I'm not sure that is really what the question intended. I stick to my own beliefs, but I probably won't bring them up unless someone directly asks or challenges me personally. I'm more interested in hearing their perspective than bringing up my own. People see me as a pushover because they think I'm nodding in agreement to everything they say, but I'm really just nodding in understanding. I hardly ever actually agree.

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    I do think before I speak. Spoken words do not come easy to me. Even after thinking, the words usually still don't quite mean what I intend, which is frustrating. I prefer one to one communication. I tend to mirror the person to which I am speaking, and this is impossible to do in a large group since there are so many people, so I usually just end up not saying anything. In a one to one conversation, however, I could run my mouth forever. I generally don't - I prefer listening - but I could.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    I like to know where I'm jumping, and actions do say more than words.

    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    It's a 50/50 chance between these two: I make up a lie about not being able to go for some reason & feel guilty, OR I decide to go despite preferring to stay home, because I know that I will feel bad if I don't go, & that I will enjoy it when I actually get there.

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    If I'm stressed about school, I tend to go through a 3 step routine. 1- Hyperfocus study mode until about 75% of my work is done. 2- Become ecstatic about how much I've gotten done & decide to take a break to dispell some creative energy. 3- I end up too wrapped up in the creative process, and the remaining 25% of work doesn't get done. By the end I'm no longer stressed out, just disappointed in myself.
    If I'm stressed about personal circumstances, in extreme cases I may resort to cutting or dietary restrictions. This happens very rarely though. I usually just cry.

    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    My brother, specifically, had this characteristic in which anything you said to refute his views bounced off him like rubber. I picture his brain as a sponge, soaked up with arguments. It was so full that anything more I tried to add ran straight through and out the bottom. That was particularly annoying.
    I don't like when people try to project their personal ideals & worldview onto other people. I support people believing in what they think is true, even if it doesn't align with what I myself may think is true.
    A last thing- I don't like when people pretend to be sympathetic for their own personal gain. I had a friend who would ask me how I was doing only because she wanted me to ask her how she was doing. When it wasn't for that reason, it was because she wanted to show off how wise and sagacious she thought she was. It seemed disingenuous. It didn't bother me that she didn't care about my wellbeing; what bothered me was that she pretended to. I would have been much more sympathetic if she had just been up front about needing to talk to someone. Perhaps I am being a bit picky on this one though.

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    I like talking about philosophy, history, and religion. I also like studying languages and etymology. My dad and I have a sort of game where , in everyday speech, we use pretentious words we don't know the exact meanings of and look them up to see if we used them properly.

    18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
    I don't really pay enough attention to my bodily needs. If I'm hungry or tired, I'll put off eating/sleeping for hours because I'd rather be learning or creating something.

    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
    My friends would probably say I'm nice, if a bit shy. I've had people say that I have a peaceful/mystical/deep demeanor, and that I "get" life.
    They're wrong in saying I'm shy. But I've found that the more comfortable I become with being an introvert, the more outwardly extroverted I appear. It is true that I'm outwardly peaceful & accepting, but inside my head I'm rather shrewd. And I think my slight awkwardness (both physically and socially) somehow gets misconstrued as being mystical? I don't know how this happens. I don't really feel like I get life either. I sometimes feel like everyone else gets life and that I'm operating on a different plane of existence that if I could just break out of, I too could understand.

    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    I'd probably spend the first hour of my day making a plan of how to segment my day to fit in as many of my favorite activities as possible. Then I would probably spend the entire day reading and writing. At the end of the day, I would feel creatively satisfied, but disappointed in my lack of followthrough. I might then decide to schedule out my entire week, thinking that if I do this before the next day actually starts, it might be easier to follow through. This is false. I will never end up following through with the schedule, I just feel better knowing it exists.

    ...Thank you very much. I know I'm a bit wordy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    INFP? Possibly ISFP

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    INFP? Possibly ISFP
    Really? I thought for sure I used Fe. What makes you think Fi?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyborneVeggies View Post
    Really? I thought for sure I used Fe. What makes you think Fi?
    You say multipe times how much you dislike facades, in fact you stress it in a way I think an Fi user would. People who use Fe, (oversimplified), generally are more concerned with pleasing the others first. They would be more likely to go with what makes others happy (the group), instead of sticking to their ideals.

    And not to lecture, but find someone to talk to about the cutting and dietary restrictions. Its not good for you and you don't deserve it even if it doesnt happen often.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Thanks for your input
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    And not to lecture, but find someone to talk to about the cutting and dietary restrictions. Its not good for you and you don't deserve it even if it doesnt happen often.
    No worries, I don't mind the advice. I've tried therapy, but it doesn't really work for me. But these problems only come up about once every few years, so it doesn't largely affect me. I appreciate the concern though.

  6. #6
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Hating facades has nothing to do with Fe or Fi--I think most upstanding people would hate that, honestly. There are a lot of sweeping generalizations in function theory that are based on little fact. For instance, if somebody shows deep concern for others or the greater good, they're automatically assumed to be Fe. I've had people type me as Se just because I said that I go running 3-4 times a week.

    You mentioned several times that you mirror others' behavior. That is Fe. Fi's major focus is about staying true to the self and one's own emotions, so it would be less likely for an INFP/ISFP to exhibit such behavior. I also see Ni-Se. You're definitely an introvert, so that narrows it down to.... *drumroll*...

    INFJ. That is my definite vote.

    Oh, and welcome to the forum! (It says you joined a while ago, but this is one of your first posts anyway.)
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Not to be rude, but I kinda wish it was the members who've been here longer who asked us to type them, since we have more experience with them, and because they have more knowledge of MBTI with which to lead the way into deeper MBTI discussions.

  8. #8
    Senior Member KitchenFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    632

    Default If You Would Be So Kind...

    I am thinking that your instinctive type is, self-preservation/ social Sp/So. And that your primary personality expression maybe INFJ. 9w8.

    Mood: 9w1
    Conches: 9w8
    Agenda: 8w7

    I did sense some 6w5 while reading and some 4w5 but only in two single allotments as two different additional expressions. So I am thinking that it maybe posable that your Tri Type is 9w1 , 6w5 , 4w5 .

  9. #9

  10. #10
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyborneVeggies View Post
    Really? I thought for sure I used Fe.
    I agree. My guess would be INFJ 4w5. sp-dom feels right, but can't tell if it's sp/sx or sp/so.

    ETA:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Not to be rude, but I kinda wish it was the members who've been here longer who asked us to type them, since we have more experience with them, and because they have more knowledge of MBTI with which to lead the way into deeper MBTI discussions.
    Folks who have been here generally recognize the futility of "type me" threads. We've done our time. It's also good for newer folks to be able to cut their teeth in the field, so why not? Finally, it's definitely something of a fallacy to believe that just because someone's been here long enough means they know their ass from a hole in a ground with respect to typology.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Similar Threads

  1. If you could be any type, what would you be?
    By Carbarrawr in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 01:07 PM
  2. Would anyone be so kind as to type this confused young girl?
    By MetalMoon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 01:58 AM
  3. would you be so kind as to type me?
    By Idealatious in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 08:06 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
  5. if you could be in any band...
    By r.a in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 03:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO