• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats my type?

My TYPE poll

• ISTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• INTP

• INFJ

• ENFJ

• ENFP

• ESTJ

• ESTP

• ESFJ

• ESFP

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bump cuz im bored and need attention

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can understand the Si-Dom part, but I have to wonder about the Fe vs Te

* Can't really tell the line where jokes start becoming offensive, have burned bridges by telling apparently innappropriate ones
Would this be because of the lack of Se?

* Prefer strategy board games to games of chance
Again, the lack of Se, one can almost see Te here.

Would be interesting to get the age of the person as well.

I consider it a sign of poor Fe to not know lack of appropriateness (thats a value and involves reading others' values through emotional signals and awareness of common values). However, some Fe types are so hyper-aware they are easily embarrassed and underrate themselves, but that doesnt seem the case with the OP.

Strategy games seem preferred by J types in general, but probably some edge to Te. Id guess any type but typical FPs could have various levels of interest in such games.

Given that she read as male to me, perhaps a female thinking type, yes. I dont get a strong sense of the auxiliary, but e9s can be hard to determine a Jungian type for.

I still see a Si-dom, but sure, maybe ISTJ. Enneagram 9 seems obvious, which makes for a more laid back ISxJ, not the more stereotypical decisive J type.

Her written style is concrete and very literal. It is clear and has little ambiguity. An NTP is a ridiculous typing. Most self-described supposedly Ne qualities here sound more like inferior Ne (slight paranoias, humor, and occasional whimsical musings), not a mindset dominated by it.

Edit - okay, I see the OP is considering ISFJ...I think that's probably it then.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I consider it a sign of poor Fe to not know lack of appropriateness (thats a value and involves reading others' values through emotional signals and awareness of common values). However, some Fe types are so hyper-aware they are easily embarrassed and underrate themselves, but that doesnt seem the case with the OP.

Strategy games seem preferred by J types in general, but probably some edge to Te. Id guess any type but typical FPs could have various levels of interest in such games.

Given that she read as male to me, perhaps a female thinking type, yes. I dont get a strong sense of the auxiliary, but e9s can be hard to determine a Jungian type for.

I still see a Si-dom, but sure, maybe ISTJ. Enneagram 9 seems obvious, which makes for a more laid back ISxJ, not the more stereotypical decisive J type.

Her written style is concrete and very literal. It is clear and has little ambiguity. An NTP is a ridiculous typing. Most self-described supposedly Ne qualities here sound more like inferior Ne (slight paranoias, humor, and occasional whimsical musings), not a mindset dominated by it.

Edit - okay, I see the OP is considering ISFJ...I think that's probably it then.

I have really really poor usage of Fe though, thats a problem.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have really really poor usage of Fe though, thats a problem.

Its more mindset, not usage (not a SKILL). Talking to others to sort thoughts implies extroversion or extroverted judging (fe or te). Being readily bored is probably a perceiving dominant (S or N dominant). Your communication style says more than what details you give, and you come across as very much a sensing type.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Its more mindset, not usage (not a SKILL). Talking to others to sort thoughts implies extroversion or extroverted judging (fe or te). Being readily bored is probably a perceiving dominant (S or N dominant). Your communication style says more than what details you give, and you come across as very much a sensing type.

Hmm ok... I'm not one much for rules though. Inferior Ne?

And shouldn't Fe have developed to at least be usable by now? Does this mean I'm defective? Back to the factory?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Isnt there always a bit of truth in stereotpyes though?

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
Hmm, TBH, I looked at your questionnaires on the front page and realized the following:

Huge preference for Se over Si --> eliminating STJ, NFP, NTP, SFJ

Huge preference for E over I...

So what we have left is:

ESTP, ESFP, ENTJ, ENFJ

Preference for P over J...

So what we have left is ESTP or ESFP.

ESTP: SE TI FE NI
ESFP: SE FI TE NI

So you need to differentiate your preference for Te vs. Ti, and Fi vs. Fe.

Personally I am going with ESFP because I get a Fi and a Te vibe from you.
It would be up to you to figure out your preferences.

Cygnus

NTP.

I don't know why I think it. I see you as Ti-valuing and you don't seem to have that "bite" characteristic of Se-users.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bump because I suck
Glad someone bumped it because I was going to if no one else did. There's no way you're an ESTJ. And I HIGHLY doubt you're an ISxJ like [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] was saying. I think you're most likely an ENTP, from your various survey results. I do see Si in there, but your modus operandi seems to be Ne. The way that you post on this forum seems Ne -- the way that you hop from topic to topic and the way that your sense of humor works. Speaking as an SJ, I get zero indicators of SJ from you.

Also, I merged your two type-me threads. (Not that this is in any way scientific, but one of the many reasons why you don't vibe SJ to me is the fact that you created a second typing thread instead of bumping your previous one.)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well not to say that I am not an Si-dom, because I am open to it if I end up finding that it is my best fit, but the reason I made my initial post on this thread the way I did was becuase I really didn't want to bias it in any way. I tried to include an equal amount of each function, but some were definately more of a struggle to come up with than others. I thought that if I could try to make it all fair, then I was more likely to get an accurate typing and I would be more able to detatch from any preconcieved notions about myself that I could possibly have. I wanted people to form their own conclusions and generate more of a starting point for inquiry than answer some close ended questionere. Anyways, probably not the best move because MBTI is all about preferences, and if you do not distinguish any and then expect people to type you it would probably be more difficult.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ughhhhh am I really that out there? Are you scared??

At least answer the poll so I know who I need to come after..

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Glad someone bumped it because I was going to if no one else did. There's no way you're an ESTJ. And I HIGHLY doubt you're an ISxJ like [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] was saying. I think you're most likely an ENTP, from your various survey results. I do see Si in there, but your modus operandi seems to be Ne. The way that you post on this forum seems Ne -- the way that you hop from topic to topic and the way that your sense of humor works. Speaking as an SJ, I get zero indicators of SJ from you.

Also, I merged your two type-me threads. (Not that this is in any way scientific, but one of the many reasons why you don't vibe SJ to me is the fact that you created a second typing thread instead of bumping your previous one.)

If I recall, Isabel Myers attributes this jumping between unrelated topics in conversation to inferior Ne, aka, Si-dominants.

Ne types dont randomly jump from topic to topic, rather, they see parallels between things and may not bother to point out connections, seeing them as "obvious". If you follow them, it will all connect to a major theme. Si types can be truly more random, jumping between topics without any big picture to tie them together, just creating a linear string of randomness. She also noted how intuition may come out the most in a Sensing type via their humor. This agrees with my observation of conversation styles of types in person, with NPs more inclined to create larger themes with tangents and digressions to expound on it, and SJs having lots of micro-topics strung together with vaguely related details, but no uniting theme.

The idea that Ne=randomness is a an idea perpetuated with no real foundation in theory, and it leads to over-typing of NPs.
Randonmess is more likely to indicate an irrational type, aka a P-dom, and outwardly this may be Pe-dom, true, but things like conversation and humor, etc, will reveal Pi-dom as irrational types also. Does this style not seem SJ or does it not seem Je-dom? To me it seems consistent with ISxJs, especially an enneagram 9.

Considering enneagram 9 has not even been questioned, this also creates likelihood of Si-dom over Ne-dom.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I recall, Isabel Myers attributes this jumping between unrelated topics in conversation to inferior Ne, aka, Si-dominants.

Ne types dont randomly jump from topic to topic, rather, they see parallels between things and may not bother to point out connections, seeing them as "obvious". If you follow them, it will all connect to a major theme. Si types can be truly more random, jumping between topics without any big picture to tie them together, just creating a linear string of randomness. She also noted how intuition may come out the most in a Sensing type via their humor. This agrees with my observation of conversation styles of types in person, with NPs more inclined to create larger themes with tangents and digressions to expound on it, and SJs having lots of micro-topics strung together with vaguely related details, but no uniting theme.

The idea that Ne=randomness is a an idea perpetuated with no real foundation in theory, and it leads to over-typing of NPs.
Randonmess is more likely to indicate an irrational type, aka a P-dom, and outwardly this may be Pe-dom, true, but things like conversation and humor, etc, will reveal Pi-dom as irrational types also. Does this style not seem SJ or does it not seem Je-dom? To me it seems consistent with ISxJs, especially an enneagram 9.

Considering enneagram 9 has not even been questioned, this also creates likelihood of Si-dom over Ne-dom.

I worry about it, think about everything that could go wrong, but then I think about everything that could be gained and I just go

:D

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Ok. This is what I think. From the beginning you typed me as an Si-dom. I have no problem with the idea of being this type. But, I think that you are looking to type me as an SJ, because you personally feel that there is some sort of discrepancy between the number of self reported Si-doms and self reported NFs and NTs. It seems as if you have a bit of a personal crusade going to fill some sort of Si quota. I might be totally off base here, but I would guess that you primarily based your typing off of my first post and the answer I gave in the question about love. From then on you stuck to the one one type, and just disregarded and/or manipulated whatever else was said that did not fit into that mold. Not saying that I belive this to be intentional. It seems less likely to me that a sensor would mistype as an intuitive than the intuitive would just type correctly in the first place. The nature of a forum about typology would just seem like it would attract more intuitives and would generally just be less likely to be of interest to sensors. I did look up a bit about enneagrams, and I could see 9w1, but I tried to refrain from questioning peoples typyong so as not to taint the ideas thrown out on the thread. I am sure that you have an extensive array of knowledge about typology and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to type me so thank you.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok. This is what I think. From the beginning you typed me as an Si-dom. I have no problem with the idea of being this type. But, I think that you are looking to type me as an SJ, because you personally feel that there is some sort of discrepancy between the number of self reported Si-doms and self reported NFs and NTs. It seems as if you have a bit of a personal crusade going to fill some sort of Si quota. I might be totally off base here, but I would guess that you primarily based your typing off of my first post and the answer I gave in the question about love. From then on you stuck to the one one type, and just disregarded and/or manipulated whatever else was said that did not fit into that mold. Not saying that I belive this to be intentional. It seems less likely to me that a sensor would mistype as an intuitive than the intuitive would just type correctly in the first place. The nature of a forum about typology would just seem like it would attract more intuitives and would generally just be less likely to be of interest to sensors. I did look up a bit about enneagrams, and I could see 9w1, but I tried to refrain from questioning peoples typyong so as not to taint the ideas thrown out on the thread. I am sure that you have an extensive array of knowledge about typology and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to type me so thank you.

No, I have no "crusade". I mentioned in another thread that I'm actually cautious to type people as SJ (or sensing types in general) around here because of an awareness that so many mistype as Ns and not wanting to go to the other extreme, as well as because of reactions like this. No one wants to be a sensing type, because by the time they've arrived here they've decided being intuitive is somehow more "special". All they want is confirmation of this.

I didn't primarily base my typing off of your first answer about love at all. I explained how I came to this conclusion pretty thoroughly, and I didn't disregard anything that did not "fit the mold", rather I noted misunderstandings of what Ne and Si mentalities actually look like, aka, I questioned the "mold" others use.

So yes, you are totally off-base.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, I have no "crusade". I mentioned in another thread that I'm actually cautious to type people as SJ (or sensing types in general) around here because of an awareness that so many mistype as Ns and not wanting to go to the other extreme, as well as because of reactions like this. No one wants to be a sensing type, because by the time they've arrived here they've decided being intuitive is somehow more "special". All they want is confirmation of this.

I didn't primarily base my typing off of your first answer about love at all. I explained how I came to this conclusion pretty thoroughly, and I didn't disregard anything that did not "fit the mold", rather I noted misunderstandings of what Ne and Si mentalities actually look like, aka, I questioned the "mold" others use.

So yes, you are totally off-base.

I would think that there are plenty of people who would easily be able to identify with being a sensing type, many who would actually see it as preferrable. I would not saying I am having any sort of 'reaction' to being typed as a sensor, I am just stating what I suppose your reasons for honing in on this particular typing to be.

If I am incorrect I am incorrect, but I really think that there is more to you typing me as an SJ than what you were able to gather from what I said/how I came off. And yes, you did point out alternative reasons for behaviors, but picking at why something might not be seems a bit as if you are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Maybe crusade is too strong of a word, but the way that you have mentioned more than once that you believe there to be some of general sensor bias leading to mistypings, makes me question whether you or not you are just looking for examples to validate your beliefs. I understand that you say that you judge based on the framing someone uses to describe themselves and not exactly what they say, but this just seems a bit misguided to me. Sure diction and patterns of organization seem to be useful in HELPING to determine type, but the reasoning behind these does not seem to me as if it would be so black and white. Couldn't level of education, pressures to conform by society, feelings in the moment, desire to come off a certain way, or other personal motivations contribute to how someone references themselves? Anyways, I did not mean to personally offend you or put you on the defensive.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seem ixfp, not based of what you say here, but everywhere else on this site. You actually remind me very heavily of Saturned which is no longer on here. She is infp

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I could maybe see ISFJ as more of a possibility than ISTJ. Neither one really fits me all that well, but I could see the possibility of being some sort of damaged, repressed, disfunctional, or queer ISFJ.

Don't think it is likely, but there is a chance there. I don't like to do this, but I would have to say that there pretty much is no way I am an ISTJ. Not because I dont want to be, but because it really just is not even a possibility. People get annoyed at me because I do not follow rules and I do not go out of my way to help people or do things the right way. I do not think anyone has ever once called me responsible, and it makes me cringe to have to do things one certain way. One of the main issues that

I have had my whole life is just a sort of avoidance of following through with things I have said I would do until something comes back to bite me, great frusteration for pretty much everyone around me. I generally just am not able to summon the will to care enough about actually doing all that much. Selfish was something that I heard often referred to me as a kid. I generally just do not think of doing things for others, and when they ask it usually is just too much work for me to actually have to deal with doing it.

When push comes to shove, it took quite a large amount of work from my mother to get me to develop any sort of resemblance of friendliness. And it really is kind of a wildcard still for me to be able to talk to people, sometimes I can do it and match my voice to my words and make eye contact and do all of that stuff, but it takes the constant prodding of my mother in the back of my head to remind me to even do it and get it to work even sometimes.

I was never able to see the point of having to always have to do these things for other people when it really didnt matter at the end of the day, my feelings always felt like mine and I really hated others wanting to pull them out of me. But my mother really emphasized that women should be expressive, friendly, and polite, over and over again. She always said it did not matter who you were on the inside if you were not able to show it on the outside. This might sound corny and cliche and a bit like teen angst, but while she always cared for me I was always a bit odd to her I think. She would always get angry with me because I never wanted to brush my hair or color or try on new clothes, I would rather do stupid things like try to build didt castle to save the worms, or teach my dolls to ride a bike. I do have her to thank though, because she really did try her hardest and she probably helped me to develop my emotional expression farther than I would have been able to on my own. God I hate talking about my childhood