User Tag List

View Poll Results: My TYPE poll

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    4 40.00%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 20.00%
  • ISFP

    1 10.00%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • INFP

    2 20.00%
  • ENTJ

    1 10.00%
  • ENTP

    2 20.00%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Whats my type?

  1. #51
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Bump because I suck
    Glad someone bumped it because I was going to if no one else did. There's no way you're an ESTJ. And I HIGHLY doubt you're an ISxJ like @OrangeAppled was saying. I think you're most likely an ENTP, from your various survey results. I do see Si in there, but your modus operandi seems to be Ne. The way that you post on this forum seems Ne -- the way that you hop from topic to topic and the way that your sense of humor works. Speaking as an SJ, I get zero indicators of SJ from you.

    Also, I merged your two type-me threads. (Not that this is in any way scientific, but one of the many reasons why you don't vibe SJ to me is the fact that you created a second typing thread instead of bumping your previous one.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  2. #52
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Well not to say that I am not an Si-dom, because I am open to it if I end up finding that it is my best fit, but the reason I made my initial post on this thread the way I did was becuase I really didn't want to bias it in any way. I tried to include an equal amount of each function, but some were definately more of a struggle to come up with than others. I thought that if I could try to make it all fair, then I was more likely to get an accurate typing and I would be more able to detatch from any preconcieved notions about myself that I could possibly have. I wanted people to form their own conclusions and generate more of a starting point for inquiry than answer some close ended questionere. Anyways, probably not the best move because MBTI is all about preferences, and if you do not distinguish any and then expect people to type you it would probably be more difficult.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Ughhhhh am I really that out there? Are you scared??

    At least answer the poll so I know who I need to come after..

  4. #54
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Glad someone bumped it because I was going to if no one else did. There's no way you're an ESTJ. And I HIGHLY doubt you're an ISxJ like @OrangeAppled was saying. I think you're most likely an ENTP, from your various survey results. I do see Si in there, but your modus operandi seems to be Ne. The way that you post on this forum seems Ne -- the way that you hop from topic to topic and the way that your sense of humor works. Speaking as an SJ, I get zero indicators of SJ from you.

    Also, I merged your two type-me threads. (Not that this is in any way scientific, but one of the many reasons why you don't vibe SJ to me is the fact that you created a second typing thread instead of bumping your previous one.)
    If I recall, Isabel Myers attributes this jumping between unrelated topics in conversation to inferior Ne, aka, Si-dominants.

    Ne types dont randomly jump from topic to topic, rather, they see parallels between things and may not bother to point out connections, seeing them as "obvious". If you follow them, it will all connect to a major theme. Si types can be truly more random, jumping between topics without any big picture to tie them together, just creating a linear string of randomness. She also noted how intuition may come out the most in a Sensing type via their humor. This agrees with my observation of conversation styles of types in person, with NPs more inclined to create larger themes with tangents and digressions to expound on it, and SJs having lots of micro-topics strung together with vaguely related details, but no uniting theme.

    The idea that Ne=randomness is a an idea perpetuated with no real foundation in theory, and it leads to over-typing of NPs.
    Randonmess is more likely to indicate an irrational type, aka a P-dom, and outwardly this may be Pe-dom, true, but things like conversation and humor, etc, will reveal Pi-dom as irrational types also. Does this style not seem SJ or does it not seem Je-dom? To me it seems consistent with ISxJs, especially an enneagram 9.

    Considering enneagram 9 has not even been questioned, this also creates likelihood of Si-dom over Ne-dom.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #55
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    If I recall, Isabel Myers attributes this jumping between unrelated topics in conversation to inferior Ne, aka, Si-dominants.

    Ne types dont randomly jump from topic to topic, rather, they see parallels between things and may not bother to point out connections, seeing them as "obvious". If you follow them, it will all connect to a major theme. Si types can be truly more random, jumping between topics without any big picture to tie them together, just creating a linear string of randomness. She also noted how intuition may come out the most in a Sensing type via their humor. This agrees with my observation of conversation styles of types in person, with NPs more inclined to create larger themes with tangents and digressions to expound on it, and SJs having lots of micro-topics strung together with vaguely related details, but no uniting theme.

    The idea that Ne=randomness is a an idea perpetuated with no real foundation in theory, and it leads to over-typing of NPs.
    Randonmess is more likely to indicate an irrational type, aka a P-dom, and outwardly this may be Pe-dom, true, but things like conversation and humor, etc, will reveal Pi-dom as irrational types also. Does this style not seem SJ or does it not seem Je-dom? To me it seems consistent with ISxJs, especially an enneagram 9.

    Considering enneagram 9 has not even been questioned, this also creates likelihood of Si-dom over Ne-dom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I worry about it, think about everything that could go wrong, but then I think about everything that could be gained and I just go

  6. #56
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    If I recall, Isabel Myers attributes this jumping between unrelated topics in conversation to inferior Ne, aka, Si-dominants.

    Ne types dont randomly jump from topic to topic, rather, they see parallels between things and may not bother to point out connections, seeing them as "obvious". If you follow them, it will all connect to a major theme. Si types can be truly more random, jumping between topics without any big picture to tie them together, just creating a linear string of randomness. She also noted how intuition may come out the most in a Sensing type via their humor. This agrees with my observation of conversation styles of types in person, with NPs more inclined to create larger themes with tangents and digressions to expound on it, and SJs having lots of micro-topics strung together with vaguely related details, but no uniting theme.

    The idea that Ne=randomness is a an idea perpetuated with no real foundation in theory, and it leads to over-typing of NPs.
    Randonmess is more likely to indicate an irrational type, aka a P-dom, and outwardly this may be Pe-dom, true, but things like conversation and humor, etc, will reveal Pi-dom as irrational types also. Does this style not seem SJ or does it not seem Je-dom? To me it seems consistent with ISxJs, especially an enneagram 9.

    Considering enneagram 9 has not even been questioned, this also creates likelihood of Si-dom over Ne-dom.


    Ok. This is what I think. From the beginning you typed me as an Si-dom. I have no problem with the idea of being this type. But, I think that you are looking to type me as an SJ, because you personally feel that there is some sort of discrepancy between the number of self reported Si-doms and self reported NFs and NTs. It seems as if you have a bit of a personal crusade going to fill some sort of Si quota. I might be totally off base here, but I would guess that you primarily based your typing off of my first post and the answer I gave in the question about love. From then on you stuck to the one one type, and just disregarded and/or manipulated whatever else was said that did not fit into that mold. Not saying that I belive this to be intentional. It seems less likely to me that a sensor would mistype as an intuitive than the intuitive would just type correctly in the first place. The nature of a forum about typology would just seem like it would attract more intuitives and would generally just be less likely to be of interest to sensors. I did look up a bit about enneagrams, and I could see 9w1, but I tried to refrain from questioning peoples typyong so as not to taint the ideas thrown out on the thread. I am sure that you have an extensive array of knowledge about typology and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to type me so thank you.

  7. #57
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Ok. This is what I think. From the beginning you typed me as an Si-dom. I have no problem with the idea of being this type. But, I think that you are looking to type me as an SJ, because you personally feel that there is some sort of discrepancy between the number of self reported Si-doms and self reported NFs and NTs. It seems as if you have a bit of a personal crusade going to fill some sort of Si quota. I might be totally off base here, but I would guess that you primarily based your typing off of my first post and the answer I gave in the question about love. From then on you stuck to the one one type, and just disregarded and/or manipulated whatever else was said that did not fit into that mold. Not saying that I belive this to be intentional. It seems less likely to me that a sensor would mistype as an intuitive than the intuitive would just type correctly in the first place. The nature of a forum about typology would just seem like it would attract more intuitives and would generally just be less likely to be of interest to sensors. I did look up a bit about enneagrams, and I could see 9w1, but I tried to refrain from questioning peoples typyong so as not to taint the ideas thrown out on the thread. I am sure that you have an extensive array of knowledge about typology and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to type me so thank you.

    No, I have no "crusade". I mentioned in another thread that I'm actually cautious to type people as SJ (or sensing types in general) around here because of an awareness that so many mistype as Ns and not wanting to go to the other extreme, as well as because of reactions like this. No one wants to be a sensing type, because by the time they've arrived here they've decided being intuitive is somehow more "special". All they want is confirmation of this.

    I didn't primarily base my typing off of your first answer about love at all. I explained how I came to this conclusion pretty thoroughly, and I didn't disregard anything that did not "fit the mold", rather I noted misunderstandings of what Ne and Si mentalities actually look like, aka, I questioned the "mold" others use.

    So yes, you are totally off-base.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #58
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No, I have no "crusade". I mentioned in another thread that I'm actually cautious to type people as SJ (or sensing types in general) around here because of an awareness that so many mistype as Ns and not wanting to go to the other extreme, as well as because of reactions like this. No one wants to be a sensing type, because by the time they've arrived here they've decided being intuitive is somehow more "special". All they want is confirmation of this.

    I didn't primarily base my typing off of your first answer about love at all. I explained how I came to this conclusion pretty thoroughly, and I didn't disregard anything that did not "fit the mold", rather I noted misunderstandings of what Ne and Si mentalities actually look like, aka, I questioned the "mold" others use.

    So yes, you are totally off-base.
    I would think that there are plenty of people who would easily be able to identify with being a sensing type, many who would actually see it as preferrable. I would not saying I am having any sort of 'reaction' to being typed as a sensor, I am just stating what I suppose your reasons for honing in on this particular typing to be.

    If I am incorrect I am incorrect, but I really think that there is more to you typing me as an SJ than what you were able to gather from what I said/how I came off. And yes, you did point out alternative reasons for behaviors, but picking at why something might not be seems a bit as if you are trying to reinvent the wheel.

    Maybe crusade is too strong of a word, but the way that you have mentioned more than once that you believe there to be some of general sensor bias leading to mistypings, makes me question whether you or not you are just looking for examples to validate your beliefs. I understand that you say that you judge based on the framing someone uses to describe themselves and not exactly what they say, but this just seems a bit misguided to me. Sure diction and patterns of organization seem to be useful in HELPING to determine type, but the reasoning behind these does not seem to me as if it would be so black and white. Couldn't level of education, pressures to conform by society, feelings in the moment, desire to come off a certain way, or other personal motivations contribute to how someone references themselves? Anyways, I did not mean to personally offend you or put you on the defensive.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Seem ixfp, not based of what you say here, but everywhere else on this site. You actually remind me very heavily of Saturned which is no longer on here. She is infp
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  10. #60
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    I could maybe see ISFJ as more of a possibility than ISTJ. Neither one really fits me all that well, but I could see the possibility of being some sort of damaged, repressed, disfunctional, or queer ISFJ.

    Don't think it is likely, but there is a chance there. I don't like to do this, but I would have to say that there pretty much is no way I am an ISTJ. Not because I dont want to be, but because it really just is not even a possibility. People get annoyed at me because I do not follow rules and I do not go out of my way to help people or do things the right way. I do not think anyone has ever once called me responsible, and it makes me cringe to have to do things one certain way. One of the main issues that

    I have had my whole life is just a sort of avoidance of following through with things I have said I would do until something comes back to bite me, great frusteration for pretty much everyone around me. I generally just am not able to summon the will to care enough about actually doing all that much. Selfish was something that I heard often referred to me as a kid. I generally just do not think of doing things for others, and when they ask it usually is just too much work for me to actually have to deal with doing it.

    When push comes to shove, it took quite a large amount of work from my mother to get me to develop any sort of resemblance of friendliness. And it really is kind of a wildcard still for me to be able to talk to people, sometimes I can do it and match my voice to my words and make eye contact and do all of that stuff, but it takes the constant prodding of my mother in the back of my head to remind me to even do it and get it to work even sometimes.

    I was never able to see the point of having to always have to do these things for other people when it really didnt matter at the end of the day, my feelings always felt like mine and I really hated others wanting to pull them out of me. But my mother really emphasized that women should be expressive, friendly, and polite, over and over again. She always said it did not matter who you were on the inside if you were not able to show it on the outside. This might sound corny and cliche and a bit like teen angst, but while she always cared for me I was always a bit odd to her I think. She would always get angry with me because I never wanted to brush my hair or color or try on new clothes, I would rather do stupid things like try to build didt castle to save the worms, or teach my dolls to ride a bike. I do have her to thank though, because she really did try her hardest and she probably helped me to develop my emotional expression farther than I would have been able to on my own. God I hate talking about my childhood

Similar Threads

  1. No idea what my type is.
    By ohifwinterends in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
  2. Not entirely sure what my type is...
    By Kriash in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
  3. I have no idea what my type is?
    By Ethanescence in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 06:33 AM
  4. Now that I'm confident in what my type is..
    By Fluffywolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
  5. Pretend i dont know what my type is
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO