• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sorting Functions

Jaspii

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Every mbti test I have taken says that I am INTP, but my sister was trying to explain the process of typing yourself using the functions. I want to type myself this way, but I don't have a very solid understanding of the individual functions. It'd be cool if someone could walk me through it and help me understand the character traits of the different function. Basically what I've gathered so far is that you have to sort each function and determine if its introverted or extroverted, and I tried to do this on my own but I just found it very difficult to grasp. Then after that I pretty much have no clue what to do.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)
Functional Analysis of Psychological Types

Here are some links that could be helpful for you. Personally, I started typing myself the traditional way and then got into functions. Check to see if your traditional type matches with its Jungian functions. For you, that would be Ti-Ne-Si-Fe. Read up on those functions first, then investigate the others. See how that works. :)

After that, I'd love to help you with the process! Helping type others is one of my favorite things ever. :hug:

Jaspii

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
So I looked into those, and I think I do have those particular functions, but how do I determine which function is dominate? I think the easiest function I related with was Fe, and I found it difficult to determine both si and ne. Does that play a part in it or do you determine this some other way?