• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne-Dom or Se-Dom

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always been confused with Se/Ne because of the vast number of function stereotypes. No one has a similar explsnation for those two functions and I am beggining to see a contradiction. Can someone please explain to me in scientific terms the difference between Se and Ne, because that confusion is what leads me to constantly switch my type whenever Se sounds to boring or when Ne sounds like just a bunch of complex bologna that has nothing to do with what ifs and creativity. It would slso be nice to ask me some questions and see if you can determine which one I am.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
If this helps, I would rather date/hang out with an INTJ than an ISTJ. Ni is interesting, but Si is the most boring, repetitive, and repulsive way of living. That not only satisfies the inferior function theory, but almost every dating theory there ever was.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this helps, I would rather date/hang out with an INTJ than an ISTJ. Ni is interesting, but Si is the most boring, repetitive, and repulsive way of living. That not only satisfies the inferior function theory, but almost every dating theory there ever was.

I much prefer INTJ to hang out with then ISTJ, unless its an immature INTJ, give me an ISTJ any day of the week over an immature INTJ. Mature INTJ -> Mature ISTJ -> Immature ISTJ -> Immature INTJ

Didn't read OP, hopefully adding to the above posts adds clarity to the initial post :doh:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I prefer INTJ's for their originality and their mysteriosness. I once crushed on a INTJ girl in my school, but it wasn't her maturity I like her for, it was that every word or action she ever bestowed on on another person seemed mystical and unknown, like a present that you have no ability to open whatsoever. I would prefer an N over an S regardless of how mature they were, especially since immature ISTJs often come off as mindless and overbearing. Does that give you a little more imformation?

I much prefer INTJ to hang out with then ISTJ, unless its an immature INTJ, give me an ISTJ any day of the week over an immature INTJ. Mature INTJ -> Mature ISTJ -> Immature ISTJ -> Immature INTJ

Didn't read OP, hopefully adding to the above posts adds clarity to the initial post :doh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I prefer INTJ's for their originality and their mysteriosness. I once crushed on a INTJ girl in my school, but it wasn't her maturity I like her for, it was that every word or action she ever bestowed on on another person seemed mystical and unknown, like a present that you have no ability to open whatsoever. I would prefer an N over an S regardless of how mature they were, especially since immature ISTJs often come off as mindless and overbearing. Does that give you a little more imformation?

Immature INTJs are annoying IMHO, immature ISTJs are just stupid. I can laugh at stupid, annoying I just want to escape from, boring I can endure.

Are you a doer or a thinker? S types tend to do more while N types tend to think more. Se tries to take control of the world physically, Ne tries to take control of the world mentally. I have a decently balanced S and N, but I still prefer S in my everday life.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do both, but I think it's a fraction of a percent more fun to sit back and watch my opponents get trolled by my schemes than it is to beat them up, although beating them up is my first instinct, I find more acheivement in controlling the world mentally. Beating someone up is easy, all you do is punch them in the throat and flip them over by tripping them. It's a lot less fun than sitting back and watching the person the person bring himself down due to his falling for your creative scheme.
Immature INTJs are annoying IMHO, immature ISTJs are just stupid. I can laugh at stupid, annoying I just want to escape from, boring I can endure.

Are you a doer or a thinker? S types tend to do more while N types tend to think more. Se tries to take control of the world physically, Ne tries to take control of the world mentally. I have a decently balanced S and N, but I still prefer S in my everday life.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do both, but I think it's a fraction of a percent more fun to sit back and watch my opponents get trolled by my schemes than it is to beat them up, although beating them up is my first instinct, I find more acheivement in controlling the world mentally. Beating someone up is easy, all you do is punch them in the throat and flip them over by tripping them. It's a lot less fun than sitting back and watching the person the person bring himself down due to his falling for your creative scheme.

example scheme? Does this person know of the scheme or is this like a hunter feeding a deer right below the tree he is hiding in and calling it a sport? Like, lets trick someone who is clueless that doesn't know what the hell is going on because I cant mentally out do them if they have a clue?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well what I would do is let them know about the scheme, and then come up with another scheme that has absolutely no connection to the first one, that way the person will be on guard for anything except the second scheme.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] , forgot to quote :p don't take the previous posts as a Ti vibe, I would never plot against someone unless they were going against my values (Fi-aux) I'm just giving an explanation.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] , forgot to quote :p don't take the previous posts as a Ti vibe, I would never plot against someone unless they were going against my values (Fi-aux) I'm just giving an explanation.

Why did you immediately go towards violence and demolition then? How often do people go against your Fi if you immediately start with that? As an Se user I have never actually been in a fight. People back off when I get pissed just from the look on my face, I have been told its a "Your getting to me and I am contemplating killing you look". :doh:

I love doing anything physical just as other Se users I know. Whether it be kayaking, bicycling, anything physical. I love pushing myself physically, I always take the hard route physically because I enjoy it. If I see a tree I grab an axe for fun, then I grab the chain saw when I am wore out. When I jet ski, I go all out until I cant go anymore, crash for a bit then go all out again, rinse and repeat. I enjoy it, Its not for any specific accomplishment, its for fun. I get off work and exercise or build something. I have am a programmer so after sitting at a desk all day I have to actually do something. I escape during lunch because I need to get out in the world as I feel all couped up. I had to put a solid wheel on my wheel barrow because I flatten a standard wheel barrow wheel when I load it up because I load it as heavy as I can lift.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh I used to think exercising was fun, but then I realized that I really had to find a motivation to do it, and my motivation was to increase my ability to defend myself and others. I never like sports, I played just because I like to have one upmanship and dominance over other people( I'm a 783). I didn't enjoy the physical part of it, I enjoyed the mental satisfaction of proving my competence. I guess that's what makes me come off as a T alot. Ack when I worked out regularly, I was stressed out because of the forced use of my Se, but when I took a break from exercise after reaching the fitness level I wanted and then took up typology as a hobby, I became more happy. I still enjoy working out with friends, but I hate working out until after its done and I can sit back and chow down on protein and think about life.
Why did you immediately go towards violence and demolition then? How often do people go against your Fi if you immediately start with that? As an Se user I have never actually been in a fight. People back off when I get pissed just from the look on my face, I have been told its a "Your getting to me and I am contemplating killing you look". :doh:

I love doing anything physical just as other Se users I know. Whether it be kayaking, bicycling, anything physical. I love pushing myself physically, I always take the hard route physically because I enjoy it. If I see a tree I grab an axe for fun, then I grab the chain saw when I am wore out. When I jet ski, I go all out until I cant go anymore, crash for a bit then go all out again, rinse and repeat. I enjoy it, Its not for any specific accomplishment, its for fun. I get off work and exercise or build something. I have am a programmer so after sitting at a desk all day I have to actually do something. I escape during lunch because I need to get out in the world as I feel all couped up. I had to put a solid wheel on my wheel barrow because I flatten a standard wheel barrow wheel when I load it up because I load it as heavy as I can lift.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh I used to think exercising was fun, but then I realized that I really had to find a motivation to do it, and my motivation was to increase my ability to defend myself and others. I never like sports, I played just because I like to have one upmanship and dominance over other people( I'm a 783). I didn't enjoy the physical part of it, I enjoyed the mental satisfaction of proving my competence. I guess that's what makes me come off as a T alot. Ack when I worked out regularly, I was stressed out because of the forced use of my Se, but when I took a break from exercise after reaching the fitness level I wanted and then took up typology as a hobby, I became more happy. I still enjoy working out with friends, but I hate working out until after its done and I can sit back and chow down on protein and think about life.

You don't sound Se. You should change your crowd or location if you need to defend yourself that much.