• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Matriarchy wants me typed

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its true; they don't know where to put me in the kitchen.

I answered one of those questionnaires the PerC one to be specific. I put it under the spoiler, because people will see the wall of text, and say oh hell no!

Feel free to ask me questions and such. :)

Last edited:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
IxTP, more likely ISTP is what I see in you. Tell me, do you prefer practical data, or creative ideas?
Its true; they don't know where to put me in the kitchen.

I answered one of those questionnaires the PerC one to be specific. I put it under the spoiler, because people will see the wall of text, and say oh hell no!

Feel free to ask me questions and such. :)

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IxTP, more likely ISTP is what I see in you. Tell me, do you prefer practical data, or creative ideas?

A bit of both to be honest. Creative ideas are great, but the implementation stage can often be the best part.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, mabye this'll help, are you more likely to solve problems using your own ideas? Or facts that have already been come up with? Inuitives are imaginative and think about the future often, but sensors have that realistic and down to earth touch.
A bit of both to be honest. Creative ideas are great, but the implementation stage can often be the best part.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe you're going about this all wrong. Maybe tell us what your favorite jobs in the kitchen are, and/or the tasks you are best at- and we'll slowly derive a type from further discussion about that.

In seriousness though, if you're just asking for opinions, you come across as NTPish to me as well. I've noticed a consistent NTP flavored detachment in your posts. (I don't begin to know how to explain that- reduce it to "one vote for NTP vibe" if needs be.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Focus on competence generally signals NT temperament, with a simultaneous feeling of incompetence most prevalent in INTPs. Inferior Fe is more obvious than inferior Si here, especially as far as what annoys you.
I vote for INTP. I dont see much to indicate SP temperament. ISTPs seem to prize instincts more.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, mabye this'll help, are you more likely to solve problems using your own ideas? Or facts that have already been come up with? Inuitives are imaginative and think about the future often, but sensors have that realistic and down to earth touch.

If I'm invested then usually solving problems with my own solutions. But if I'm not invested generic solutions will do.

Maybe you're going about this all wrong. Maybe tell us what your favorite jobs in the kitchen are, and/or the tasks you are best at- and we'll slowly derive a type from further discussion about that.

It's really hard to say, honestly I think I'm only there because I look good in an apron. Its the only thing I ever get comments on, well that and to smile more. It is like they're not concerned with the quality of my work.

In seriousness though, if you're just asking for opinions, you come across as NTPish to me as well. I've noticed a consistent NTP flavored detachment in your posts. (I don't begin to know how to explain that- reduce it to "one vote for NTP vibe" if needs be.)

Z Buck I am not the Matriarchy I will never reduce you :solidarity:. Interesting I wonder if the format has anything to do with this. IRL I tend to be a bit more..... combustible. Please feel free to expand; if you wish.

Focus on competence generally signals NT temperament, with a simultaneous feeling of incompetence most prevalent in INTPs. Inferior Fe is more obvious than inferior Si here, especially as far as what annoys you.

Presumably the focus on incompetence is an INTP e5 tie in? Interesting about the inferior Fe; would you care to expand?

I vote for INTP. I dont see much to indicate SP temperament. ISTPs seem to prize instincts more.

INTP? I have some reservations about this. I'll explain when I'm not half asleep.

I really should have made a poll for this.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting I wonder if the format has anything to do with this. IRL I tend to be a bit more..... combustible. Please feel free to expand; if you wish.

It's not that I've forgotten about this- or that I didn't feel like expanding it- I'm really not sure how to describe it. There is a certain flavor to TP detachment- and that isn't to say TPs have some kind of quantitative monopoly on "detachment", just a specific subset of it or something. It often comes across in either jokes or the kinds of things that get nitpicked (which, since many TPs nitpick by making jokes, is often the same thing).

To clumsily describe NP detachment in general- it's not that they aren't combustible, but the combustion isn't as attached to incoming information as it is attached to their own tangent about the incoming information. It's like the difference between someone having a big reaction about the part of the iceberg that isn't showing (which is often invisible to others, appears irrational and it's why Js seem to have sticks up their butts) vs. someone having a big reaction to the part of the iceberg that is showing (it's clear to others what has them worked up, though it's not always clear why it's important- it comes across as nitpicking).

I see enough focus on the space in-between people to think FP or TJ can somewhat be ruled out- not in the op here, but in your other posts and in your blog. (I suspect that's what OA was alluding to in regards to 'inferior Fe being more obvious than inferior Fi'- the inclination to notice and be deeply effected by the space in-between people is a Fe thing, inferior or not.)

I actually see some of what looks like Ni-ish stuff in your blog (a need to back up and try to describe the underbelly of the iceberg- instead of expanding horizontally and moving to other iceberg tips as Pe is apt <- the P 'detachment' I was trying to describe), so I wouldn't rule out INFJ. And actually, this is why I might find INTP an unlikely match- you aren't quite as detached as NTPs usually are. *But* you don't appear to get stuck in those rabbit trails like INFJs do- there's exactly enough detachment to make INFJ look somewhat unlikely too.

And often times when someone identifies as INFJ but they have enough observable detachment for that typing to seem unfit (they don't systematically get stuck in the rabbit trails of expanding incoming people-oriented information- which is one of the worst things about being INFJ, it's not a choice to get sucked into those vortexes**.....*yet* there isn't quite enough detachment for me to think they're Ne), I assume they're some kind of ISxP. (Not that you have ever identified as INFJ, I'm just trying to explain how "not as detached as NTP, but also not as attached as NFJ" usually leads me to suspect ISxP.) But I think you're exactly a little too focused on the theory side of things to be an SP.

I'm not even sure I know what I'm talking about at this point. Basically, I'd go with NTP or INFJ.

**Although really, I've noticed e9 INFJs can surprise me in this regard- they seem to be able to ignore the vortexes as soon as the vortexes get uncomfortable. So there's that. eta: Then again, you seem almost too introspective to me to be an e9. So, *shrug*.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not that I've forgotten about this- or that I didn't feel like expanding it- I'm really not sure how to describe it. There is a certain flavor to TP detachment- and that isn't to say TPs have some kind of quantitative monopoly on "detachment", just a specific subset of it or something. It often comes across in either jokes or the kinds of things that get nitpicked (which, since many TPs nitpick by making jokes, is often the same thing).

I quite understand the inability to translate thought to words. I suffer from it frequently. :)

To clumsily describe NP detachment in general- it's not that they aren't combustible, but the combustion isn't as attached to incoming information as it is attached to their own tangent about the incoming information. It's like the difference between someone having a big reaction about the part of the iceberg that isn't showing (which is often invisible to others, appears irrational and it's why Js seem to have sticks up their butts) vs. someone having a big reaction to the part of the iceberg that is showing (it's clear to others what has them worked up, though it's not always clear why it's important- it comes across as nitpicking).

This is actually the issue I have with being a INTP, and to a lesser degree ENTP. The sort of circular need to point out the iceberg, but the need no matter how far the conversation carries to bring it back to the iceberg. As though they can't quite believe that everyone has seen and acknowledged that there is in fact an iceberg. From the outside it can look as though they think that others in the conversation are well ignorant children; who are a little too dense to see their truth. I usually point out the iceberg, setting a baseline, then proceed onwards, assuming that others will follow.

I see enough focus on the space in-between people to think FP or TJ can somewhat be ruled out- not in the op here, but in your other posts and in your blog. (I suspect that's what OA was alluding to in regards to 'inferior Fe being more obvious than inferior Fi'- the inclination to notice and be deeply effected by the space in-between people is a Fe thing, inferior or not.)

Ah fair enough that I am on the Ti/Fe line seems a likely explanation. Yes definitely a focus on the space in-between people.

I actually see some of what looks like Ni-ish stuff in your blog (a need to back up and try to describe the underbelly of the iceberg- instead of expanding horizontally and moving to other iceberg tips as Pe is apt <- the P 'detachment' I was trying to describe), so I wouldn't rule out INFJ. And actually, this is why I might find INTP an unlikely match- you aren't quite as detached as NTPs usually are. *But* you don't appear to get stuck in those rabbit trails like INFJs do- there's exactly enough detachment to make INFJ look somewhat unlikely too.

I don't know quite how to explain my thought patterns so this will probably come out somewhat jumbled. I guess at any given point in time I have set idea collectives, obsessions might be more accurate. The new (useful) information ends up being added or occasionally twisted into the collectives. If I reach some sort of conclusion with any particular collective the obsession lifts and the information is put on the back-burner, or is reintegrated into another set. I have only a few such collectives; while I do absorb a lot of information that isn't pertinent my retention rates tend to be low. That's kind of how my mind operates.

And often times when someone identifies as INFJ but they have enough observable detachment for that typing to seem unfit (they don't systematically get stuck in the rabbit trails of expanding incoming people-oriented information- which is one of the worst things about being INFJ, it's not a choice to get sucked into those vortexes**.....*yet* there isn't quite enough detachment for me to think they're Ne), I assume they're some kind of ISxP. (Not that you have ever identified as INFJ, I'm just trying to explain how "not as detached as NTP, but also not as attached as NFJ" usually leads me to suspect ISxP.) But I think you're exactly a little too focused on the theory side of things to be an SP.

Interesting I shall consider the ISXPs; I don't think I get sucked into vortexes....... hmmm I shall have a think about this.

I'm not even sure I know what I'm talking about at this point. Basically, I'd go with NTP or INFJ.

This has all been really quite excellent :)................... Obviously I can take away from this that I am in fact a unicorn.:unicorn:

**Although really, I've noticed e9 INFJs can surprise me in this regard- they seem to be able to ignore the vortexes as soon as the vortexes get uncomfortable. So there's that. eta: Then again, you seem almost too introspective to me to be an e9. So, *shrug*.

The introspection becomes a question of nature versus nurture. I have had points in my life where there was little to do but introspect. Would I have been the same without those periods? I don't think so, but who knows.

But I should fill out that through enneagram questionnaire as well.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting I shall consider the ISXPs; I don't think I get sucked into vortexes....... hmmm I shall have a think about this.

Fwiw, the closest I've seen anyone else be able to describe what I'm talking about (the "vortex") was this post by lady x- in a thread explaining to someone why they didn't seem INFJ. There's a sort of gravitas that almost comes out of nowhere and it can be really hard to shake- especially with those we're most comfortable with, I think. I guess my point here is, if you can read lady x's comment and not see much of yourself in it- that makes INFJ seems a bit less likely.

eta: Again though, e9 INFJs can throw me off with this- because they come across as so laid back.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fwiw, the closest I've seen anyone else be able to describe what I'm talking about (the "vortex") was this post by lady x- in a thread explaining to someone why they didn't seem INFJ. There's a sort of gravitas that almost comes out of nowhere and it can be really hard to shake- especially with those we're most comfortable with, I think. I guess my point here is, if you can read lady x's comment and not see much of yourself in it- that makes INFJ seems a bit less likely.

eta: Again though, e9 INFJs can throw me off with this- because they come across as so laid back.

Its familiar.... but how do I explain it. Its out of nowhere, but its not. It has to do with the amount of people and the time factor. The greater both are sooner, or more likely it is to happen, but at the same time its not anyone thing, so much as everything. Actually that whole one more thing look....... yeah I think I get that. This is kind of what I meant about being a bit combustible there is a point of resistance for me when it becomes a resounding no no no! Interesting stuff I shall have a bit of a think on it.

PS I shall endeavour to keep you confused as to my enneagram.

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
ENTP
INTP
ESFJ
ISFJ
ESTP
ISTP
ENFJ
INFJ

are my top two pics

Pick your preference for either N or S.
For example, I test N, but I know my preference is S.
You could also have no preference in this regard.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Honestly your post reads almost with an undercurrent of melancholy to it, it makes it hard to type you.

You're depressed so that factors in to everything, and what you wrote seems extremely T, but it is hard to say because I sort of pick up on some intense underlying emotions. Ehhh IXXP, with ISXP seeming more likely. You kind of give off that starving artist persona though, so maybe ISFP.

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
No way to the ISFP. S/he is more INFP than ISFP, which she is neither in my eyes.

INTP or ISTP.
My guess, INTP.