• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In need of opinions

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry for the triple post, but I can actually see [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] 's reasoning behind me being ESFP's, they still like to be creative and uniquely express themselves, as does any SFP, which happen to be the only sensing type that prefer to be creative, I would just like to know his reasoning behind me being Se-dom. Was it because my language was concrete sounding? Or because I said I wanted to be seen as a hero?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Sorry for the triple post, but I can actually see [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] 's reasoning behind me being ESFP's, they still like to be creative and uniquely express themselves, as does any SFP, which happen to be the only sensing type that prefer to be creative.

In my experience, forumites who associate SFP with an above-average tendency to be creative are often suffering from the influence (directly or indirectly) of Keirsey's biggest mistake.

As a supplement to the stats in the linked post, I've put some ESFP career stats (from a very large sample) in the spoiler.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So what you're saying is that ESFPs have no tendency to be creative and that I should just type myself as an ENFP?
In my experience, forumites who associate SFP with an above-average tendency to be creative are often suffering from the influence (directly or indirectly) of Keirsey's biggest mistake.

As a supplement to the stats in the linked post, I've put some ESFP career stats (from a very large sample) in the spoiler.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
So what you're saying is that ESFPs have no tendency to be creative and that I should just type myself as an ENFP?

Well, the key word there is "tendency." The MBTI preferences are all about tendencies and probabilities, so it's pretty much always inappropriate to say "this type always does that" or "this type never does that."

So when I'm trying to type someone, it's never a matter of finding some conclusive "smoking gun" that leads me to say, "Aha! You must be X type!" Instead, it's a matter of going, OK, that's worth an F point, and that's worth a couple N points, and so on, and when I'm done reviewing the evidence, I see if the points are substantially lopsided on one or more of the dimensions.

And so what I'm saying on the S/N-creativity front is that the strong emphasis on creativity in your posts in this thread is definitely worth some N points, and you shouldn't be misled by that popular (but mistaken) Keirsey-based meme that associates SFPs with creativity.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I guess that makes sense, because my Ne-dom indicates my need for creativity and my 7w8 makes up for any thoughts of being Se-dom. Lol. The Fi was the only definite function reaped from my posts. Everyone else was saying pretty much I was either Ne or Se. I'll have to think about it more though.
Well, the key word there is "tendency." The MBTI preferences are all about tendencies and probabilities, so it's pretty much always inappropriate to say "this type always does that" or "this type never does that."

So when I'm trying to type someone, it's never a matter of finding some conclusive "smoking gun" that leads me to say, "Aha! You must be X type!" Instead, it's a matter of going, OK, that's worth an F point, and that's worth a couple N points, and so on, and when I'm done reviewing the evidence, I see if the points are substantially lopsided on one or more of the dimensions.

And so what I'm saying on the S/N-creativity front is that the strong emphasis on creativity in your posts in this thread is definitely worth some N points, and you shouldn't be misled by that popular (but mistaken) Keirsey-based meme that associates SFPs with creativity.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry for the triple post, but I can actually see [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] 's reasoning behind me being ESFP's, they still like to be creative and uniquely express themselves, as does any SFP, which happen to be the only sensing type that prefer to be creative, I would just like to know his reasoning behind me being Se-dom. Was it because my language was concrete sounding? Or because I said I wanted to be seen as a hero?

My reason's for typing you as Se-dom didn't have anything to do with creativity. I don't have an opinion as to whether you are creative or not.
I saw you as being of the SP temperament. One reason was that you enjoy and seek out new experiences, for example in the following quote, 'new and interesting' seems to be the most important thing to you.
While they don't have to be completely intellectual, as long as they are new and interesting, they intrigue me.

The same goes for your fascination with planets and ships.

The other reason for the SP temperament was that you want to have a significant impact on people, as in your superhero fantasy.
So since I see you having the SP temperament I see you as having a preference of S over N. Also I did not see any obvious indication of N in any of your responses.

It is clear to me that you see yourself as creative and that you want to be seen as creative. So I can understand that you would not like the idea of being typed as an S rather than N, if you believed that S types cannot be creative. However I would like to point out that creativity is not limited to N types. I think that all human beings can be creative, it they so choose. If you are still uncertain about whether or not S types can be creative, then you could just make some posts in the forums of the S types and ask them what they've done that is creative.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well I hink I'm going with SeFi, because I've seen creativity in many ESFPs, from fictional to real. Besides now that I think of it, I use a lot of Se in my interaction with others. I'm always talking about going on road trips, fighting ninjas, and going skydiving.
My reason's for typing you as Se-dom didn't have anything to do with creativity. I don't have an opinion as to whether you are creative or not.
I saw you as being of the SP temperament. One reason was that you enjoy and seek out new experiences, for example in the following quote, 'new and interesting' seems to be the most important thing to you.

The same goes for your fascination with planets and ships.

The other reason for the SP temperament was that you want to have a significant impact on people, as in your superhero fantasy.
So since I see you having the SP temperament I see you as having a preference of S over N. Also I did not see any obvious indication of N in any of your responses.

It is clear to me that you see yourself as creative and that you want to be seen as creative. So I can understand that you would not like the idea of being typed as an S rather than N, if you believed that S types cannot be creative. However I would like to point out that creativity is not limited to N types. I think that all human beings can be creative, it they so choose. If you are still uncertain about whether or not S types can be creative, then you could just make some posts in the forums of the S types and ask them what they've done that is creative.