User Tag List

First 123 Last

Get this hothead outta here.

Extrovert. Considerably higher-energy than many self-proclaimed ENFPs on this site.
    I like.
    Likes stardusted, Jet Stream liked this post

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by stardusted View Post

I'm new here but I've been really into personality psych for about two years now. For the past two years, every time I test I would get INFP. I looked into it and it definitely resonated with me, but there were things that didn't (as with most people, I'm sure). I also have been in a bad funk the past couple of years, too, with terrible work atmospheres and the whole "figuring out who I am".

Okay, I'll get to it...I have been feeling much better the past few months with (finally!) a job atmosphere more conducive to my style and overall being more confident.

Now, I am not a super extraverted person socially; I don't have a ton of friends I hang out with, but I think a lot of people like me/kind of drawn to me. I'm also very flirty but don't mean to be. I love getting to know individuals and can't stand awkward silences. I also hate when I feel like the person I'm with doesn't want to talk. I have read that the majority of INFPs keep emotions inside. I DO NOT DO THIS. I simply cannot do this. I have to talk about my feelings.

I just can't figure it out!! I don't believe in ambiversion, though, because that would mean two functions are constantly fighting each other and I don't think that's how our minds work.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any insider info!! x PEACE.

P.S. I don't know what the thread icons are so I just picked one I liked. Didn't think about that before I posted. Sorry if it's "wrong" for this thread!!
    That thread title sure ain't the work of an INFP And your whole post is OBVIOUSLY not introverted. You're definitely EFP, probably ENFP. I can hear it in your writing voice, dude. Also, the "I'm really flirty but I'm not trying to be" is a classic ENFP refrain.

Even your PS sounds like Ne.
    Likes stardusted liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oops, sorry I forgot to tag you, @Forever_Jung.

<-- #foreverdumb

Firstly- thanks, @BadOctopus, for asking others to help out!! Much appreciated.

A couple of things:

I realize I probably sound like I scream E in my post, so let me even the playing field a little...

• I am pretty laid back/can definitely be laZy, capital Z. I do get excited easily though.
    • I also can be VERY sensitive to loud noises or lots of activity around me. It will drain me pretty quickly, unless it's good music or an exciting event, like a music festival.
    • I am a BIG over-analyzer. (i.e., aka 'ironic example' --this post.)
    • I also have never thought of myself as an extravert. Ever. Well, until recently obviously.

Many thanks to those who have posted!!
    [insert cute yet sarcastic one liner.]

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by stardusted View Post
    Firstly- thanks, @BadOctopus, for asking others to help out!! Much appreciated.

A couple of things:

I realize I probably sound like I scream E in my post, so let me even the playing field a little...

• I am pretty laid back/can definitely be laZy, capital Z. I do get excited easily though.
    • I also can be VERY sensitive to loud noises or lots of activity around me. It will drain me pretty quickly, unless it's good music or an exciting event, like a music festival.
    • I am a BIG over-analyzer. (i.e., aka 'ironic example' --this post.)
    • I also have never thought of myself as an extravert. Ever. Well, until recently obviously.

Many thanks to those who have posted!!
    If you think you're introverted, I'm not going to stop you, but in my opinion this post changes nothing.

What you describe is not incompatible with being an ENFP. SOOO many ENFP's think they're introverted. I still think I'm introverted sometimes, because I almost never leave my house, I'm always daydreaming and reflecting, and I hate big parties. I think it's because Ne is less tangible and external than the other extraverted functions Fe/Se/Te, so it doesn't always look extraverted. Besides, everyone has an introverted and an extraverted side. Paraphrasing Jung, a pure extravert/introvert would belong in an asylum.

PS a classic "type me" rule of thumb is that INFP's rarely think they're ENFP's, but ENFP's very frequently think they're INFP's.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

ENFP no question.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes stardusted, labyrinth_perhaps liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I read the title of your post, saw your avatar and username and I feel you might be ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I think it's because Ne is less tangible and external than the other extraverted functions Fe/Se/Te, so it doesn't always look extraverted.
    This makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you!

Do you or anyone here know any other INFPs who can chime in too? I would some insight from healthy INFPs regarding how their Ne manifests?

Anyone know any? Or maybe want to speculate?

Thanks for your input, @Abbey. Would you mind explaining how your Ne shows up in your life? Maybe an example or two? And conversely, how you are sure you're Fi dominant?

Thank you!!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

yeah, i'd definitely buy ENFP for you. ESFP isn't ruled out by your OP at all, but if you resonate with Ne-Fi and just aren't sure of your stacking, then i'd say for SURE ENFP. i'm kinda weirdly ambiverted. introverts make me feel like a loud crazy person, and MANY extroverts make me feel like a low energy wallflower.

glad you're here. thanks for the tag @BadOctopus.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.