• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

questionnaire- what's my type?

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
​Doing this because I'm still trying to figure out whether I am ENTP or ESTP and i'm looking for some opinions.

1-what makes you angry?

A lot of things make me annoyed (that kind of quick, light anger that fades after a few minutes is the one I experience most frequently), and it's take too long to list them all.
But very few things make me actually angry, one of the most common ones being people who can't tell things openly and honestly. Or being wrong about someone- that makes me furious. Here, these are the most common ones.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like honesty and openness in people, as well as tact (which I lack) as long as it doesn't prevent them from telling the truth, and kindness (but not weakness).
I can't stand bigotry and close-mindedness as well as bossy and controlling people. Also people who are overly focused on perfection tend to get on my nerves.

3-do you like animals? why?
I do like them very much, because they're not as complicated as people and they don't talk so they can't say a thing and mean another and overall most animals are easier to deal with than people.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Just the fact that they have the strenght to deal with me almost 24/7 makes them heroes :'D
Jokes aside, the favorite people in my lives usually tend to be the opposite of me: gentle, tactful, somewhat shy at times (but not all of them), generally quiet. They usually keep me from doing stupid stuff.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Well, I'm glad I have my sense of humor and also of the fact that I can get up on my feet again fairly quickly after bad stuff happens. I also consider myself lucky that I'm generally anxiety-free, I don't panic easily and can usually remain calm under pressure.
I definitely hate my lack of social grace- I either tell the truth bluntly or lie, I just can't understand how to be tactful and still tell the truth. I also hate being oblivious- it's like knowing my every behaviour is being constantly watched by other people while I'm awful at picking social cues. And my low emotional intelligence. All these cause me to not know what to do in formal situations.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I don't, because it's a waste of time and kinda impractical. And I hate impractical stuff.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I don't really care about either.
Usually, may I want it or not, I stand out, but I don't do it on purpose. I don't stand out in a negative way though, and in fact people generally accept me/like me.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Creative activities
Activities that involve physical exercice
Exploring places and finding new things
Researching topics I am interested in

9-what makes you feel secure?
Having by my side someone who can 'balance' me. Not in a way I am dependent on them- I mean, I need someone who is honest with me all the time and points out what I am doing wrong and my flaws so I can try and correct myself to get better.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
ATM, I don't.
I think that I'm not really ready for a relationship, plus I don't think I have any interest in sex and I am not really at expressing feelings, expecially romantic ones, so I don't think it would work out ATM.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My friends because I'd feel lonely without them (wow captain obvious)
Sports because physical exercice makes me feel alive and I can't stay still for too long or I'll go crazy
Art and music because they allow me to relax and shut the rest of the world out

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
ATM my time is usually spent thinking about karate and soccer and volleyball and getting better and better at them. Other things I often think about are scientifical stuff (usually concerning geology and astronomy), the story and the characters I'm developing and what I can do to earn money in the future.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
As a child I was pretty much as I am now, just more hyperactive (I wasn't able to channel my energies back then), even more oblivious and somewhat more shameless.
I guess now I'm wiser, I understand people better and I am much less trusting.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think ESTP. You've mentioned that you spend most of your time thinking about sports and how to improve in them. You also mentioned that you can't stay still for too long, and exercise helps you spend that energy. This, in my opinion, is indicative of Se. :)

stardusted

I agree with themightyfetus...ESTP. I don't hear much "N" in your talk. And nice to meet you, I'm new too.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Harizu what is it that you think about and like about geology and astronomy. Please elaborate.

Also here's a question for my own interest, regarding a couple of statements that you made.
Also people who are overly focused on perfection tend to get on my nerves.
ATM my time is usually spent thinking about karate and soccer and volleyball and getting better and better at them.
Would you say that working on getting better and better at your sports is being focused on perfection? If not why not?

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what is it that you think about and like about geology and astronomy. Please elaborate.
Well, I like geology because geologists explore many places like caves and travel a lot to study various types of rocks and volcanoes.
I like astronomy because I'm very interested in the Universe, expecially in how it was born, and I love all the possibilities the theory of parallel universes offers. I also find the search for life on other planets very intriguing.
But I like geology more than astronomy because to me it's more intesting dealing with concrete stuff that's on Earth and that I can touch rather than with things that are far away, even if the theories are vey interesting. And I'm more of an expert in geology than I am in astronomy, anyway.

Would you say that working on getting better and better at your sports is being focused on perfection? If not why not?
It is, in a way; but not to the point that it becomes an obsession.
I personally think perfection is nearly or impossible at all to achieve, and I don't seek to become perfect because I don't think I can achieve that. I do the best I can and I might even become really good, but I'll never be perfect.
Also, I don't get too angry at myself or others for mistakes.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
If I was to choose between ENTP and ESTP for you I would pick ESTP. Here are my reasons.

I don't, because it's a waste of time and kinda impractical. And I hate impractical stuff.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
Creative activities

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My friends because I'd feel lonely without them (wow captain obvious)
Sports because physical exercice makes me feel alive and I can't stay still for too long or I'll go crazy
Art and music because they allow me to relax and shut the rest of the world out

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
ATM my time is usually spent thinking about karate and soccer and volleyball and getting better and better at them. Other things I often think about are scientifical stuff (usually concerning geology and astronomy), the story and the characters I'm developing and what I can do to earn money in the future.

The highlighted stuff above seems very SP.

I like astronomy because I'm very interested in the Universe, expecially in how it was born, and I love all the possibilities the theory of parallel universes offers. I also find the search for life on other planets very intriguing.
This could suggest N, but the highlighted quotes below sound very S or SP, and it seems more important to you.

Well, I like geology because geologists explore many places like caves and travel a lot to study various types of rocks and volcanoes.

But I like geology more than astronomy because to me it's more intesting dealing with concrete stuff that's on Earth and that I can touch rather than with things that are far away, even if the theories are vey interesting. And I'm more of an expert in geology than I am in astronomy, anyway.
So I would definitely pick S over N for your type.

It is, in a way; but not to the point that it becomes an obsession.
I personally think perfection is nearly or impossible at all to achieve, and I don't seek to become perfect because I don't think I can achieve that. I do the best I can and I might even become really good, but I'll never be perfect.
Also, I don't get too angry at myself or others for mistakes.
Would it be fair to say that it's more someone limiting your freedom by insisting that you do something a certain way, rather than about that person being a perfectionist?

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would it be fair to say that it's more someone limiting your freedom by insisting that you do something a certain way, rather than about that person being a perfectionist?
Yeah, I guess so.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESTP. Go with ESTP either way - ESTP 7w8s are the best. :D

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
You sound more ESTP. The one major check for ENTP was that you can't stand bigotry and closed-mindedness. You spend a lot of time thinking and doing physical exercise activities, though. It's still possible you're an athletic ENTP, though. Also, your answers are pretty short, which is another check for ESTP. ENTPs would more likely have in depth answers that would ramble and go off on tangents, you were usually straight to the point.

seradane

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm gonna throw in a dissenting opinion - my partner is a geologist, loves physical activity (can't stay still for too long, is a bit twitchy), a keen explorer and is a poor writer (he finds talking easy, but writing seems to get in the way for him, he's says much more and is much more eloquent in person), and he is very definitely an ENTP. So it's not nearly that black & white!

Playing devil's advocate, the following statements seem they might indicate N over S to me:

Or being wrong about someone- that makes me furious.

The search for truth...

I definitely hate my lack of social grace- I either tell the truth bluntly or lie, I just can't understand how to be tactful and still tell the truth. I also hate being oblivious- it's like knowing my every behaviour is being constantly watched by other people while I'm awful at picking social cues. And my low emotional intelligence. All these cause me to not know what to do in formal situations.

Lack of social grace? Awful at picking social cues? That doesn't sound like an ESTP to me, they are generally very socially adept.

Doesn't care about their appearance... ESTPs want to look cool. ENTPs don't care.

Creative activities

3/4 of those things indicate a more idea-oriented mind to me

I need someone who is honest with me all the time and points out what I am doing wrong and my flaws so I can try and correct myself to get better.

More seeking truth... ESTPs care about being right, ENTPs are more concerned with ferreting out the truth.

Other things I often think about are scientifical stuff (usually concerning geology and astronomy), the story and the characters I'm developing and what I can do to earn money in the future.

Ideas and future-orientation here again...

They find theories and possibilities interesting about both topics, even if the concrete side of things does tip the balance.

Some quotes I found about the differences between ENTP and ESTP:

Thats a key difference between the ENTP and ESTP, ESTPs have more friends. ENTPS have lots of people they know and a few they absolute adore and are fascinated with.

ESTP is more action oriented, and will stay in the moment, perpetuating what is going on in the scene at the time. They are also the ones who typically sniff out the party in the first place, finding it easy to communicate with -everyone- in order to find out where that is. ENTP will have to introvert and recharge with their own thoughts at some point. No matter how e.

Do one of those sound more accurate of yourself in either of those examples, Harizu?

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some quotes I found about the differences between ENTP and ESTP:

Thats a key difference between the ENTP and ESTP, ESTPs have more friends. ENTPS have lots of people they know and a few they absolute adore and are fascinated with.

ESTP is more action oriented, and will stay in the moment, perpetuating what is going on in the scene at the time. They are also the ones who typically sniff out the party in the first place, finding it easy to communicate with -everyone- in order to find out where that is. ENTP will have to introvert and recharge with their own thoughts at some point. No matter how e.

Do one of those sound more accurate of yourself in either of those examples, Harizu?

I have many friends, but very few of them are really close (like just 2 or 3 among all my friends).

I stay in the moment unless the thing is being boring. In that case I either go and do something else or my mind starts to wonder.
I never really need to "recharge". I'm not the most extroverted person around, but I never get drained because of social interaction. But it doesn't really energize me, either (unless I'm at a huge party).
At most I get really bored and in that case, depending on the person(s) I am with and on my mood, I either try to make the conversation more interesting or leave.