User Tag List

First 12

You sound more ESTP. The one major check for ENTP was that you can't stand bigotry and closed-mindedness. You spend a lot of time thinking and doing physical exercise activities, though. It's still possible you're an athletic ENTP, though. Also, your answers are pretty short, which is another check for ESTP. ENTPs would more likely have in depth answers that would ramble and go off on tangents, you were usually straight to the point.
    Likes Harizu liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm gonna throw in a dissenting opinion - my partner is a geologist, loves physical activity (can't stay still for too long, is a bit twitchy), a keen explorer and is a poor writer (he finds talking easy, but writing seems to get in the way for him, he's says much more and is much more eloquent in person), and he is very definitely an ENTP. So it's not nearly that black & white!

Playing devil's advocate, the following statements seem they might indicate N over S to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Harizu View Post
    Or being wrong about someone- that makes me furious.
    The search for truth...

I definitely hate my lack of social grace- I either tell the truth bluntly or lie, I just can't understand how to be tactful and still tell the truth. I also hate being oblivious- it's like knowing my every behaviour is being constantly watched by other people while I'm awful at picking social cues. And my low emotional intelligence. All these cause me to not know what to do in formal situations.
    Lack of social grace? Awful at picking social cues? That doesn't sound like an ESTP to me, they are generally very socially adept.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
    I don't, because it's a waste of time and kinda impractical. And I hate impractical stuff.
    Doesn't care about their appearance... ESTPs want to look cool. ENTPs don't care.

Creative activities
    Activities that involve physical exercice
    Exploring places and finding new things
    Researching topics I am interested in
    3/4 of those things indicate a more idea-oriented mind to me

I need someone who is honest with me all the time and points out what I am doing wrong and my flaws so I can try and correct myself to get better.
    More seeking truth... ESTPs care about being right, ENTPs are more concerned with ferreting out the truth.

Other things I often think about are scientifical stuff (usually concerning geology and astronomy), the story and the characters I'm developing and what I can do to earn money in the future.
    Ideas and future-orientation here again...

I like astronomy because I'm very interested in the Universe, expecially in how it was born, and I love all the possibilities the theory of parallel universes offers. I also find the search for life on other planets very intriguing.
    But I like geology more than astronomy because to me it's more intesting dealing with concrete stuff that's on Earth and that I can touch rather than with things that are far away, even if the theories are vey interesting. And I'm more of an expert in geology than I am in astronomy, anyway.
    They find theories and possibilities interesting about both topics, even if the concrete side of things does tip the balance.

Some quotes I found about the differences between ENTP and ESTP:

Thats a key difference between the ENTP and ESTP, ESTPs have more friends. ENTPS have lots of people they know and a few they absolute adore and are fascinated with.
    ESTP is more action oriented, and will stay in the moment, perpetuating what is going on in the scene at the time. They are also the ones who typically sniff out the party in the first place, finding it easy to communicate with -everyone- in order to find out where that is. ENTP will have to introvert and recharge with their own thoughts at some point. No matter how e.
    Do one of those sound more accurate of yourself in either of those examples, Harizu?

Enneagram
    7w8 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by seradane View Post

Some quotes I found about the differences between ENTP and ESTP:

Thats a key difference between the ENTP and ESTP, ESTPs have more friends. ENTPS have lots of people they know and a few they absolute adore and are fascinated with.
    ESTP is more action oriented, and will stay in the moment, perpetuating what is going on in the scene at the time. They are also the ones who typically sniff out the party in the first place, finding it easy to communicate with -everyone- in order to find out where that is. ENTP will have to introvert and recharge with their own thoughts at some point. No matter how e.

Do one of those sound more accurate of yourself in either of those examples, Harizu?
    I have many friends, but very few of them are really close (like just 2 or 3 among all my friends).

I stay in the moment unless the thing is being boring. In that case I either go and do something else or my mind starts to wonder.
    I never really need to "recharge". I'm not the most extroverted person around, but I never get drained because of social interaction. But it doesn't really energize me, either (unless I'm at a huge party).
    At most I get really bored and in that case, depending on the person(s) I am with and on my mood, I either try to make the conversation more interesting or leave.
    ExTP

7w8/ 3w4/ 8w7