User Tag List

12 Last

Default What is my type?

Hi, thank you for your time! I have taken the free mbti tests multiple times but I am still unsure of my mbti type. I usually score a 2w4 on enneagram and according to people I know, I am exceedingly generous. My dilemma begins with a family member. My ENFJ family member is a certified typologist and has typed me as an ESFP while refusing to budge. I have also noted that her ENFJ energy makes me act different, I am way more social and funny around her. I am well versed in cognitive functions and in no way do I feel Se dominant. I am constantly in my head and miss almost ever thing around me, also, I have incredible bursts of Se once in a long time which leaves me shaking. Is that not a sign of an inferior function? After much research I concluded I must be an INFJ(not even close to ESFP) but knowing what my family member says leaves me doubting. The tests also do not help because I found out all the trends and know which function each question is asking about. Since I like being right just like everyone else, I can make the answer what I want it to be. Here is a detached analysis. Also, my IQ is above 130 I think.

Reasons for maybe ESFP: Often act on physical urges to do something random, can remember events with glimpses of pictures, very generous, pretty good with my hands, great style, I can be very loud in certain situations,knowledge of food, I love outdoors, and desire for freedom.

Reasons for maybe INFJ: I am laid back and really kind at heart but come off as serious, I see hidden motivations immediately, I spot fake people easily, I am good at manipulating, I adjust myself to each situation, I often need alone time, I delve into subjects with an almost Ti like drive and don't stop till I have total knowledge, I believe conspiracy theories way to easily haha, I have never fit in even though I have great social skills, I kind of function like a loner but I still have many surface level friends, very few deep true friends, talk about all manners of philosophy for hours, and lastly I have incredible willpower, discipline, and work ethic but everything I do must have great meaning behind it.

With all this information, what would you say I am? ESFP, INFJ, or otherwise? Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobman77 View Post
    Hi, thank you for your time! I have taken the free mbti tests multiple times but I am still unsure of my mbti type. I usually score a 2w4 on enneagram and according to people I know, I am exceedingly generous. My dilemma begins with a family member. My ENFJ family member is a certified typologist and has typed me as an ESFP while refusing to budge. I have also noted that her ENFJ energy makes me act different, I am way more social and funny around her. I am well versed in cognitive functions and in no way do I feel Se dominant. I am constantly in my head and miss almost ever thing around me, also, I have incredible bursts of Se once in a long time which leaves me shaking. Is that not a sign of an inferior function? After much research I concluded I must be an INFJ(not even close to ESFP) but knowing what my family member says leaves me doubting. The tests also do not help because I found out all the trends and know which function each question is asking about. Since I like being right just like everyone else, I can make the answer what I want it to be. Here is a detached analysis. Also, my IQ is above 130 I think.

Reasons for maybe ESFP: Often act on physical urges to do something random, can remember events with glimpses of pictures, very generous, pretty good with my hands, great style, I can be very loud in certain situations,knowledge of food, I love outdoors, and desire for freedom.

Reasons for maybe INFJ: I am laid back and really kind at heart but come off as serious, I see hidden motivations immediately, I spot fake people easily, I am good at manipulating, I adjust myself to each situation, I often need alone time, I delve into subjects with an almost Ti like drive and don't stop till I have total knowledge, I believe conspiracy theories way to easily haha, I have never fit in even though I have great social skills, I kind of function like a loner but I still have many surface level friends, very few deep true friends, talk about all manners of philosophy for hours, and lastly I have incredible willpower, discipline, and work ethic but everything I do must have great meaning behind it.

With all this information, what would you say I am? ESFP, INFJ, or otherwise? Thank you for your time!
    Let me get this straight you have a family member who is a certified Mbti typologist and they have told you your Mbti type based on their observations of you, and instead of trusting them you are coming to a site like this one to find out what your real type is? Wow, just, wow. Please excuse my thoughts.

It does sound really stupid when you put it like that haha. Personally I feel that none of the descriptions or tendencies of ESFPs fit me. The cognitive functions don't match. The tests don't match. I get tired like an introvert. My step mom says I'm an ESFP. That is what is bothering me. Her credentials are there and she should be right but research about ESFPs tells me that I have very very little in common with ESFPs, including ones I know.

It does sound really stupid when you put it like that haha. Personally I feel that none of the descriptions or tendencies of ESFPs fit me. The cognitive functions don't match. The tests don't match. I get tired like an introvert. My step mom says I'm an ESFP. That is what is bothering me. Her credentials are there and she should be right but research about ESFPs tells me that I have very very little in common with ESFPs, including ones I know.

Maybe you are just in denial.
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

I thought about that also but how many ESFPs would even care? It's not link I have issues with being an ESFP. I'm not even one of those people that really wants to be an INFJ. After research, to me the logic doesn't line up and from what I understand she typed me based on stereotypes. I don't mean to be argumentative it's just that I think typologists are overrated. I have studied in depth every aspect of typology. Just because you sit in a class and have a title doesn't mean you get everyone 100% correct. Aside from that, she took the test for me without my input and we don't even talk that often since she left my dad.

Why does that matter for typology? We are good, communication isn't great but we get along. He is an ISFP

I feel where you're coming from. I'm willing to help type you. Could you do me a favor & fill out a questionnaire so I have at least a starting point?
    Likes Jacobman77 liked this post

I thought about that also but how many ESFPs would even care? It's not link I have issues with being an ESFP. I'm not even one of those people that really wants to be an INFJ. After research, to me the logic doesn't line up and from what I understand she typed me based on stereotypes. I don't mean to be argumentative it's just that I think typologists are overrated. I have studied in depth every aspect of typology. Just because you sit in a class and have a title doesn't mean you get everyone 100% correct. Aside from that, she took the test for me without my input and we don't even talk that often since she left my dad.
    I don't think typologists are over-rated. I am a closet typologist who has had an interest in both the Mbti and Enneagram for over 10 years. I have read multiple books on the subject, and have participated on several discussion boards. Naturally, as a result of my interest in the topic I have also accurately assessed the Mbti types and Enneagram types of pretty much anyone I come into any contact with in my life. I would think it would be incredibly foolish if those whom I know and have accurately typed decided they didn't trust my judgement and appraisal of them and decided to throw out the information only to come to a site like this one trying to get the opinions of strangers on the internets advice on their type. I have not sought any of their inputs in my appraisal of them. In fact, most of them have no idea about typology systems or their respective type or the fact that I have even observed or assessed their type.

And fwiw, there is no such thing as 2w4.
    Likes Violet Rose liked this post

Enneagram
    495 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Possibly ISFJ. You can either be a 2w1 or 2w3 in enneagram, not 2w4.