• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

Jacobman77

Hi, thank you for your time! I have taken the free mbti tests multiple times but I am still unsure of my mbti type. I usually score a 2w4 on enneagram and according to people I know, I am exceedingly generous. My dilemma begins with a family member. My ENFJ family member is a certified typologist and has typed me as an ESFP while refusing to budge. I have also noted that her ENFJ energy makes me act different, I am way more social and funny around her. I am well versed in cognitive functions and in no way do I feel Se dominant. I am constantly in my head and miss almost ever thing around me, also, I have incredible bursts of Se once in a long time which leaves me shaking. Is that not a sign of an inferior function? After much research I concluded I must be an INFJ(not even close to ESFP) but knowing what my family member says leaves me doubting. The tests also do not help because I found out all the trends and know which function each question is asking about. Since I like being right just like everyone else, I can make the answer what I want it to be. Here is a detached analysis. Also, my IQ is above 130 I think.

Reasons for maybe ESFP: Often act on physical urges to do something random, can remember events with glimpses of pictures, very generous, pretty good with my hands, great style, I can be very loud in certain situations,knowledge of food, I love outdoors, and desire for freedom.

Reasons for maybe INFJ: I am laid back and really kind at heart but come off as serious, I see hidden motivations immediately, I spot fake people easily, I am good at manipulating, I adjust myself to each situation, I often need alone time, I delve into subjects with an almost Ti like drive and don't stop till I have total knowledge, I believe conspiracy theories way to easily haha, I have never fit in even though I have great social skills, I kind of function like a loner but I still have many surface level friends, very few deep true friends, talk about all manners of philosophy for hours, and lastly I have incredible willpower, discipline, and work ethic but everything I do must have great meaning behind it.

With all this information, what would you say I am? ESFP, INFJ, or otherwise? Thank you for your time!

violett

Hi, thank you for your time! I have taken the free mbti tests multiple times but I am still unsure of my mbti type. I usually score a 2w4 on enneagram and according to people I know, I am exceedingly generous. My dilemma begins with a family member. My ENFJ family member is a certified typologist and has typed me as an ESFP while refusing to budge. I have also noted that her ENFJ energy makes me act different, I am way more social and funny around her. I am well versed in cognitive functions and in no way do I feel Se dominant. I am constantly in my head and miss almost ever thing around me, also, I have incredible bursts of Se once in a long time which leaves me shaking. Is that not a sign of an inferior function? After much research I concluded I must be an INFJ(not even close to ESFP) but knowing what my family member says leaves me doubting. The tests also do not help because I found out all the trends and know which function each question is asking about. Since I like being right just like everyone else, I can make the answer what I want it to be. Here is a detached analysis. Also, my IQ is above 130 I think.

Reasons for maybe ESFP: Often act on physical urges to do something random, can remember events with glimpses of pictures, very generous, pretty good with my hands, great style, I can be very loud in certain situations,knowledge of food, I love outdoors, and desire for freedom.

Reasons for maybe INFJ: I am laid back and really kind at heart but come off as serious, I see hidden motivations immediately, I spot fake people easily, I am good at manipulating, I adjust myself to each situation, I often need alone time, I delve into subjects with an almost Ti like drive and don't stop till I have total knowledge, I believe conspiracy theories way to easily haha, I have never fit in even though I have great social skills, I kind of function like a loner but I still have many surface level friends, very few deep true friends, talk about all manners of philosophy for hours, and lastly I have incredible willpower, discipline, and work ethic but everything I do must have great meaning behind it.

With all this information, what would you say I am? ESFP, INFJ, or otherwise? Thank you for your time!

Let me get this straight you have a family member who is a certified Mbti typologist and they have told you your Mbti type based on their observations of you, and instead of trusting them you are coming to a site like this one to find out what your real type is? Wow, just, wow. Please excuse my thoughts.

Jacobman77

It does sound really stupid when you put it like that haha. Personally I feel that none of the descriptions or tendencies of ESFPs fit me. The cognitive functions don't match. The tests don't match. I get tired like an introvert. My step mom says I'm an ESFP. That is what is bothering me. Her credentials are there and she should be right but research about ESFPs tells me that I have very very little in common with ESFPs, including ones I know.

violett

It does sound really stupid when you put it like that haha. Personally I feel that none of the descriptions or tendencies of ESFPs fit me. The cognitive functions don't match. The tests don't match. I get tired like an introvert. My step mom says I'm an ESFP. That is what is bothering me. Her credentials are there and she should be right but research about ESFPs tells me that I have very very little in common with ESFPs, including ones I know.

Maybe you are just in denial.

Jacobman77

I thought about that also but how many ESFPs would even care? It's not link I have issues with being an ESFP. I'm not even one of those people that really wants to be an INFJ. After research, to me the logic doesn't line up and from what I understand she typed me based on stereotypes. I don't mean to be argumentative it's just that I think typologists are overrated. I have studied in depth every aspect of typology. Just because you sit in a class and have a title doesn't mean you get everyone 100% correct. Aside from that, she took the test for me without my input and we don't even talk that often since she left my dad.

Jacobman77

Why does that matter for typology? We are good, communication isn't great but we get along. He is an ISFP

DreamBeliever

I feel where you're coming from. I'm willing to help type you. Could you do me a favor & fill out a questionnaire so I have at least a starting point?

violett

I thought about that also but how many ESFPs would even care? It's not link I have issues with being an ESFP. I'm not even one of those people that really wants to be an INFJ. After research, to me the logic doesn't line up and from what I understand she typed me based on stereotypes. I don't mean to be argumentative it's just that I think typologists are overrated. I have studied in depth every aspect of typology. Just because you sit in a class and have a title doesn't mean you get everyone 100% correct. Aside from that, she took the test for me without my input and we don't even talk that often since she left my dad.

I don't think typologists are over-rated. I am a closet typologist who has had an interest in both the Mbti and Enneagram for over 10 years. I have read multiple books on the subject, and have participated on several discussion boards. Naturally, as a result of my interest in the topic I have also accurately assessed the Mbti types and Enneagram types of pretty much anyone I come into any contact with in my life. I would think it would be incredibly foolish if those whom I know and have accurately typed decided they didn't trust my judgement and appraisal of them and decided to throw out the information only to come to a site like this one trying to get the opinions of strangers on the internets advice on their type. I have not sought any of their inputs in my appraisal of them. In fact, most of them have no idea about typology systems or their respective type or the fact that I have even observed or assessed their type.

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Possibly ISFJ. You can either be a 2w1 or 2w3 in enneagram, not 2w4.

stardusted

If you identify with INFJ so much and have so much conviction regarding typing yourself as such, I would assume you probably are INFJ. These types don't waver much regarding what type they are from what I understand.

Have you considered that maybe your Se is coming out around them because you're uncomfortable? Se is the inferior function for INFJ. That may also be why you have some Se interests as well; guilty pleasures, if you will.

Just my opinion, but I hope it helps!

Jacobman77

Oh, Thanks! I really haven't gotten into enneagram at all. When I took a test I ranked highest in 2&4. I think third was 1 but I don't remember, it's been a long time.

Cygnus

Why does that matter for typology? We are good, communication isn't great but we get along. He is an ISFP

Sorry, I thought you meant your father was ENFJ. I read it too quickly.

Perhaps you can use this.
Socionics - the16types.info - Benefit relations
Basically if this ENFJ family member claims you're ESFP, that means he's your Benefactor. If you're the Beneficiary, you show admiration for this person that he does not reciprocate, and he may even become hostile or authoritative over time. If this isn't the way the relationship with your ENFJ partner works, one of you may be mistyped.

But if this does check out -- then you probably are ESFP.

Jacobman77

1. What makes me angry?
I am angered by the dullness of modern day society. We have killed most of nature and now we sit in ivory towers founded upon the dead. If you don't fit the appropriate mold of society you become an outcast and there is nothing you can do about it. What makes things worse is that people don't listen to logic and the don't care enough to change it so we are all trapped in a prison that we can't escape. Everyone is useful, not just those with degrees.

2. What do I like/ dislike about people?
I like people that are honest and kind. We have so much potential to help others and be free. You don't have to pretend everything is okay and in fact, fake people bother me just as much as the jerks out there. Power is an illusion and if we could all just sit down and be honest, we could take back the planet but what makes me sad is that I honestly can't see that happening.

3. Do I like animals? Why?
I like animals but I care more about people. That isn't to say I would stand by while some monster abuses their pet. I like animals because they can teach us things and they are one of our last few links to nature. How boring would life be if we somehow figured out how to live without animals and all we had were business men? I don't know about you but I wouldn't wanna live here anymore.

4. What do I like most about my favorite people in life?
First, I love real honest people that don't freak out when discussing the REAL topics that most people avoid. Second, I go the extra mile for my friends and people that I like are ones that thank me and don't take advantage of me. Third, I like positive people that can help me see the good around me because I tend to overthink everything and I can be pessimistic if in a bad mood.

5. What do I like/dislike about myself?
I like that I am generous, a hard worker, intelligent, honest, reliable, great debater, very knowledgeable, very kind, always building up others, and that I can handle more than most people. I don't like that I can be awkward, have a hard time finding friends, am very hard on myself, I can be too rigid, I get depressed easily, I am very sensitive, and I feel like even though I give more effort than sometimes two or more people, I am just not accepted as "part of the group". In person I have times where I am very smooth but other times where I am awkward. I think this could be a Ni-Ti loop because I reprocess the same info again and again and again until I socialize.

6. Do I care about being fashionable? Why or why not?
I care very much about being fashionable because that is what is valued in Southern California. I dress comfortably but always unique and true to myself. The colors go well together and my clothes fit well. I didn't care as much when younger.

7. Do I prefer to fit in or stand out?
Stand out. I don't over do it though. I dress according to the situation with a few personal touches. I don't let others decide how I am, although I can become very proper or very down to earth depending on the audience but always REAL.

8. What do I like to do?
I enjoy hiking, being in nature, playing music, drawing, martial arts, writing, reading, and spending time with friends.

9. What makes me feel secure?
Being alone in nature and relaxing away from all the business and stress of modern day life. I like when people encourage me because I really don't get it enough honestly.

10. Do I like being in a relationship? Why or why not?
I like relationships that are peaceful and that include support. Knowing that you would die for someone and them for you is a great feeling.

11. What do I love and why?
I love Jesus, I love people, I love nature, I love learning, and I love philosophy.

12. What do I spend the most time thinking about?
I probably spend the most time thinking about theology because serving God is my life goal. Aside from that, I think about what things could be and where things are leading.

13. How have I changed over the years? Who was I as a child?
I haven't changed much really. I still love fun and I am really energetic, however, maybe I have gotten a bit more serious on the outside. During high school I was definitely much more serious than as a child. Anybody that really knows me knows that I really care about them and accept them and I'm actually a really warm person that can't even insult people. People on the outside may see me as standoffish but that is just because I like to get to know someone through observation before I meet them.

Jacobman77

That's a good point! My hyperactive awkwardness is more of a defense for when I'm uncomfortable and actually is partially why I'm skeptical. I can say without a doubt that I have experienced what 100% Se feels like and it happens rarely in random times. It usually is really fun and goes by fast, then I need to take a break. I can't imagine what it is like to be that all the time. Usually I am focused inwards and my Se friends are saying "Did you see that?" I usually miss whatever it is and get accused of going into my "Jacob Zone". People tell me to snap out of it.

Jacobman77

That's interesting. My dad is ISFP, my step mom typologist is ENFJ and that is not at all the nature of our relationship.