User Tag List

First 12

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    What in the world kind of reasoning is this?

She really doesn't seem all that expressive. Maybe a bit more than others, indicating a possible ExFx type, but it's just a short video.
    You actually don't need to be a high energy crack addict to be a Fe lead. You're probably missing a lot of ENFJs if that's your approach. Don't knock my approach if this is your counter-reasoning.

Rambling is not at all indicative of type.
    Actually, it's a good indicator of type, you just ought to look a bit closer.

MBTI
    xxFx

What in the world kind of reasoning is this?

She really doesn't seem all that expressive. Maybe a bit more than others, indicating a possible ExFx type, but it's just a short video.

Rambling is not at all indicative of type.

At any rate, I really have no idea why we have these shitty questionnaires stickied. The questions have little to nothing that would be indicative of type.

---

@Prettily - Have you ever taken a look at interaction styles (how you interact within a group)? Do you feel there is one that fits you better than others? Interaction Styles
    Hmm I can make a case for behind the scenes or get things going. Again depends on my mood, circumstances, the others in the group etc. If there are more leader oriented people in the group I let them take charge because I don't want to get stepped on. If I'm with quieter folks I will take charge and try to get people involved. If I'm PMSing (haha sorry to be so blunt but it's true) or stressed I can be more chart the course or in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boomslang View Post
    You actually don't need to be a high energy crack addict to be a Fe lead. You're probably missing a lot of ENFJs if that's your approach. Don't knock my approach if this is your counter-reasoning.

Whoops did I ramble?

@boomslang, how would fi look compared to Fe? Like specifically how would fi look in an enfp or esfp?

Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Prettily View Post
    Whoops did I ramble?

@boomslang, how would fi look compared to Fe? Like specifically how would fi look in an enfp or esfp?
    Nah, you didn't ramble.

Fe to me comes across as a more careful control and confidence in expressing emotion. Putting on a brave face, not crying in front of people if you don't want to. The key component here is choice. It's a more objective take on emotion and expression in a way. It's tied in with being able to read the external expressed mood of a person on a second-to-second level and work with that information, sometimes in an influencing way. Using a joke to lighten the mood, or staying solemn during a hard time and not looking kindly on someone being irreverent. Keeping people on the same emotional wavelength, in a way. Predominantly Fe groups (so, types that have Fe in their stack) will have a more uniform mood, whatever that mood may be.

Fi deals with emotion on a subjective level and doesn't. Support during hard times might include quiet relating, or leaving someone be, leaving them in peace, etc, rather than a concerted effort to make everyone fit a certain mood (i.e. cheerful, happy, etc). Fi types can ruin group moods based on principle, personal like/dislike of a person, so more frequently, the kind of people that'd be known as buzzkills. Predominantly Fi groups will have a less uniform mood (so, types that have Fi in their stack), as people may be feeling different ways to different things for different reasons.

MBTI
    xxFx

Nah, you didn't ramble.

Fe to me comes across as a more careful control and confidence in expressing emotion. Putting on a brave face, not crying in front of people if you don't want to. The key component here is choice. It's a more objective take on emotion and expression in a way. It's tied in with being able to read the external expressed mood of a person on a second-to-second level and work with that information, sometimes in an influencing way. Using a joke to lighten the mood, or staying solemn during a hard time and not looking kindly on someone being irreverent. Keeping people on the same emotional wavelength, in a way. Predominantly Fe groups (so, types that have Fe in their stack) will have a more uniform mood, whatever that mood may be.

Fi deals with emotion on a subjective level and doesn't. Support during hard times might include quiet relating, or leaving someone be, leaving them in peace, etc, rather than a concerted effort to make everyone fit a certain mood (i.e. cheerful, happy, etc). Fi types can ruin group moods based on principle, personal like/dislike of a person, so more frequently, the kind of people that'd be known as buzzkills. Predominantly Fi groups will have a less uniform mood (so, types that have Fi in their stack), as people may be feeling different ways to different things for different reasons.
    Thanks! This is the hardest distinction to make when typing myself. So this helps! But I still feel like I relate to both. Gah.

Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Thanks! This is the hardest distinction to make when typing myself. So this helps! But I still feel like I relate to both. Gah.
    What would you tend towards if you were in a group of say, 10 people that you knew pretty well, but not for years? Or, what do you default to when you're drinking?

MBTI
    xxFx

@boomslang In a group of people I know pretty well, but not for years- I tend to observe first and then make one liners that I think will make people laugh. But it's less about them laughing and more about me wanting to be funny lol.

When I'm drinking, even just two average drinks.. I care a ton less (if at all) about what people think of me and tend to just live in the moment. I get giggly and more likely to say what im thinking than hold back. It's pretty great lol which is why I try not to get reliant on it.

your resident asshole

When did I say this?

No it isn't. So any time someone elaborates on something it automatically equates to Ti? Okay? This is some bullshit. You can't be certain of somone's type based off some brief monologue. We're roaming into Socionics territory. Next, you'll start telling me that you've confirmed ENFJ by her facial structure or some other nonsense.

Hmm I can make a case for behind the scenes or get things going. Again depends on my mood, circumstances, the others in the group etc. If there are more leader oriented people in the group I let them take charge because I don't want to get stepped on. If I'm with quieter folks I will take charge and try to get people involved. If I'm PMSing (haha sorry to be so blunt but it's true) or stressed I can be more chart the course or in charge.
    Based on this and your talk about observing first before making small statements, it sounds like you're probably a bit of an introvert. So now, I think we're at IxFx.

But as far as interaction styles go, try to think of it this way...in charge and chart the course get most annoyed when the group gets off task from the goal. Generally speaking, they're more task oriented, but this isn't always the case. (INFJs are very people oriented, but the need to keep moving toward the goal is stronger than the need for interpersonal connections, making them chart the course) Get things going and behind the scenes are a bit more casual. Getting to the goal is obviously important, but seemingly off-topic stops along the way are more welcome. Generally, these people are more people oriented, but not always. (INTPs are more task oriented, but their need to gather information and explore all possibilities makes them behind the scenes.

Obviously, stress can make you act differently than you would normally, but we're talking about preference here.

Also, behind the scenes is basically a less dominant version of get things going, whereas chart the course is a less dominant version of in charge.

Whoops did I ramble?
    No, just poor wording on my choice. "Elaborating" was the better word.