• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

DreamBeliever

I find its more difficult for people to accept their enneagram type than Mbti type. The enneagram was designed as a spiritual tool to uncover your primary passion or ego fixation as a means to spiritual growth. There are certain authors who write about the enneagram types in such a way that you might need to have a shot of alcohol to adequately stomach your type and fully accept it. If you have just began delving into the enneagram system it might take some time before you can discern which type your ego defenses fall within. I wish you the best on your journey.

Thanks. I've learned to just except my faults lately, so hopefully it won't be too hard of a journey for me. I also just took this test http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl & got:

Type 7 sx/so/sp

Type 7- 19 (78%)
Type 2- 18 (74%)
Type 3- 17 (70%)
Type 4- 17 (70%)
Type 9- 16 (66%)
Type 8- 15 (62%)
Type 5- 13 (54%)
Type 1- 11 (46%)
Type 6- 11 (46%)

violett

Thanks. I've learned to just except my faults lately, so hopefully it won't be too hard of a journey for me. I also just took this test http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl & got:

Type 7 sx/so/sp

Type 7- 19 (78%)
Type 2- 18 (74%)
Type 3- 17 (70%)
Type 4- 17 (70%)
Type 9- 16 (66%)
Type 8- 15 (62%)
Type 5- 13 (54%)
Type 1- 11 (46%)
Type 6- 11 (46%)

So, how many tests do you think it will take?

DreamBeliever

[MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] Hi! I was wondering, since I got a good amount of people typing me as an ESFJ here & seeing as you are one, I was wondering if you could please take a look through my posts & let me know what you think? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fe seems very apparent to me, along with Si. What are your views on Te?

DreamBeliever

Fe seems very apparent to me, along with Si. What are your views on Te?

I could believe Fe, but Si??? How so?? lol My views? As in how I feel/think about Te or if I think I use it? I admire it sometimes in others, but I think people that are heavy on it can seem too harsh sometimes.

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol. Yeah, it can be. I went through your thread a bit more. ESFP is possible, especially if you are sure your enneagram is 7w6 imo. But you know yourself best. Have you taken the cognitive function test? Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

DreamBeliever

lol. Yeah, it can be. I went through your thread a bit more. ESFP is possible, especially if you are sure your enneagram is 7w6 imo. But you know yourself best. Have you taken the cognitive function test? Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgi/survey48.pl

These have to be the weirdest results ever.

Se- 33.4
Si- 20.1
Ne- 30.5
Ni- 34.2
Te- 21
Ti- 34.4
Fe- 32.3
Fi- 34.5

Fi>Ti>Ni>Se>Fe>Ne>Te>Si

They seem to be pretty close, though. Guess it's not much help.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could believe Fe, but Si??? How so??

Sorry I haven't had the time to reply to your previous post, but to answer this your post here seems very Si imo:

I know most of my stuff seemed very S (sensor), so maybe I should also say that I love authors like Shakespeare & Edgar Allan Poe, I love plays, I'm very superstitious, I believe in psychic/energy things like auras & rocks/crystals that give off energy, I believe in weird theories (such as that we live in some sort of matrix), I believe in mental telepathy, & I believe in ghost & mermaids.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait, what about it says Si? I'm confused.

It's not really the content that's important because S/N types can have a wide range of interests independent of the dichotomy, but your motivations and behavioral strategies that make me feel Si. You wanted to show people you were more N than you first appeared, so you recalled specific instances of what you internalized to be connected to N. There's actually an ISFJ on this forum who's very passionate about writing poetry and many SFJs can be superstitious - hell, even my ESTP 7w8 best friend is incredibly superstitious. People have been emphasizing lately how types can arrive at the same conclusions or interests just for different reasons/motivations and I'm a big supporter of that point (I think most people agree I'm ENFP now, but people would type me as ESFP in the past for similar issues).

I feel like there's a lot of Si in the way that you bring up various stories about yourself that are appropriate for the right context, even the story you brought up when I mentioned E7 escapism. Si "values the subjective impression released by the object rather than the object itself, of which the individual may hardly be aware" and you seem more concerned with the subjective impressions that can be drawn from your experiences and how it fits into these archetypal behaviors (see your post I just quoted below haha).

I'll get back to E7 and why I think E2 later.

Edit:

Do SJs even like those things? (Not trying to be rude, just curious) All the ones I know don't.

Haha I just answered this in this post!! And this is ironically feels like such an Si response. :alttongue: (I'm an Si type underneath it all too - I feel a connection to that part of myself coming from you)

DreamBeliever

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Freedom, expression, love, kindness, compassion, intensity, passion, connection, fun, excitment, new experiences.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I used to want to be famous when I was younger, I want to have a big & beautiful house of my own that I can decorate, I'd like to have a sports car, be a mom, travel the world, own my own restaurant, have my own clothing line, write a book, create my own TV show/movie/play, start my own charity, & learn how to play a couple more instruments.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I don't want to be bored with life. I don't want to feel stuck in a dead end repetitive job. I don't want to be in a rut. I don't want to be miserable or alone.
I'm strongly against any kind of abuse, & I believe in encouragement & letting people be themselves without putting too many restraints on them.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not being good enough. Not being able to make it out in the real world by myself. Not acheiving enough with my life. Being consumed with stress.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
As insightful, strong willed, caring, fun, funny laid back, truthful & honest, smart, bubbly, cheerful, generous.
Wise, sweet, sensitive, soulful, tough, humorous, giddy, thoughtful, giving, fun, exciting, deep, different, & hippie-ish.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
When I have a lot of fun activities going on, when I'm around good people that bring out the real me, when I look good (make-up, hair, clothes), when I'm peaceful & not worrying about anything, when I'm helping other people with their problems & giving advice.
Not having anything to do, having no good friends around, being around negative people, having loads of work to do & being so far behind it's impossibly to catch up, looking like a mess.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) Usually when I'm angry I get somewhat violent, I'll even throw things when I'm really angry. Holding in things for too long is what usually causes this.
b) I get shame from my poor choices. If I feel really embarrassed, I'll just lay in bed & not want to do anything. It's like I never want to have to face people again.
c) When I get really nervous I actually physically shake. There's a lot of different things that bring out my anxiety, it's hard to explain.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Feeling trapped, being overwhelmed, & having to deal with negative people makes me stressed. I'll act out, try to distract myself, or just completely give up & retreat.
b) I'll be happy if it's good change & upset if it's bad change. That's really it.
c) I usually just tell people off if they try to start arguments or fights with me or my friends/family.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a) I'm pretty anti-authoritative. I don't naturally give people respect. They have to respect me first before I can respect them.
b) It'd be great to be a powerful person, but I don't like when people use power over people in a bad way or abuse their position.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think there's a lot of people in need, & people should try to help & be tolerant towards people & try to make the world a better place. Life is short, so it should be lived to the fullest.