• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

DreamBeliever

Here's my assessment of your type.

Seems J.

Seems FJ.

Seems F.

Seems FJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems SFJ.

Seems SFJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems S rather than N. Also seems E rather than I.

Seems S rather than N.

Could be FJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems SFJ.

Seems SJ.

Seems F.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems S rather than N. Also seems SJ.

FP does not seem to be indicated here.

Seems F rather than T.

Seems FJ, especially the bolded portion.

Seems E.

I am typing you as ESFJ.

I hope this helps.

Really, though? I honestly think I completely lack Si. I don't compare or really even think about or consider the past, & I'm nothing like the SJs I know. I'm nothing even like the ESFJ & ENFJ that I know.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Makes sense. Any other functions you spot?

Going to a little cafè, doing some shopping, playing basketball & going on the swings at the park, going to the beach, & going to an outdoor concert all in one day.

*Sounds like it could refer to some Si because of how it goes back to more of a sentimental value of all those things. Coffee is a ritual for many, shopping is a way to explore to detail, basketball is a sport that many can join in, swings is things for children and adults with Si love the feeling going back, outdoor concert is kind of neutral unless it were to be some favorite genre you used to listen to as a kid.

I grew up mostly with my grandparents, so sometimes I really wish I had more time to do stuff with my parents. I was born in '95 but sometimes I wish I was born in '85 because I love 90s culture so much, does that count?
*Sounds much like Si to reminisce the past like that.

It's really embarrassing when I call people by the wrong name. I feel like I should just crawl into a cave. lol I feel like such a moron.
^ To remember/list that particular event is how much you value memory and how you hold dear to it.

Playing at the park with my family as a kid, playing board games with my family as a kid, & all the little moments/conversations with my 2 best friends.
*family values and friends memories Fe/Si connection

This huge teddy bare that I've had since I was around 6.
^ need I say more?

To have the two functions as Fe/Si really all is left is ESFJ the FeSiNeTi. :hug:

DreamBeliever

Going to a little cafè, doing some shopping, playing basketball & going on the swings at the park, going to the beach, & going to an outdoor concert all in one day.

*Sounds like it could refer to some Si because of how it goes back to more of a sentimental value of all those things. Coffee is a ritual for many, shopping is a way to explore to detail, basketball is a sport that many can join in, swings is things for children and adults with Si love the feeling going back, outdoor concert is kind of neutral unless it were to be some favorite genre you used to listen to as a kid.

I grew up mostly with my grandparents, so sometimes I really wish I had more time to do stuff with my parents. I was born in '95 but sometimes I wish I was born in '85 because I love 90s culture so much, does that count?
*Sounds much like Si to reminisce the past like that.

It's really embarrassing when I call people by the wrong name. I feel like I should just crawl into a cave. lol I feel like such a moron.
^ To remember/list that particular event is how much you value memory and how you hold dear to it.

Playing at the park with my family as a kid, playing board games with my family as a kid, & all the little moments/conversations with my 2 best friends.
*family values and friends memories Fe/Si connection

This huge teddy bare that I've had since I was around 6.
^ need I say more?

To have the two functions as Fe/Si really all is left is ESFJ the FeSiNeTi. :hug:

I've never actually been to a little café, I just like the idea of it. Makes me think of one of those places in France where you sit outside at the little tables. I like shopping, because I love fashion. I was picturing like the LA board walk by the beach when I said that, though. I was thinking about a summer day, browsing through some sunglasses & those sort of things. I don't want to play basketball with lots of people, many just 1 or 2 & play horse or just shoot around. I wouldn't mind even just practicing my shots by myself.

I just really like 90s shows a lot like Friends, Fresh Prince, Boy Meets World, etc. My childhood wasn't that fun. It just seemed like life had more activities than now how everyone just stares at their phones & tablets. It seems like a way for people to just agnore each other. & the Nick 90s shows were dope! Love me some Amanda Show, Hey Arnold, & Double Dare!!

I don't really have family values. In fact, sometimes I feel like pushing them off a bridge. (but I won't) I just really like quality time & doing activities with people.

I almost said that I would just leave it all & start over. That was just one of the 3 things that flashed through my mind. I just love stuffed animals for some odd reason. My family thinks I'm crazy when I say I believe they have souls.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's my assessment of your type.

Seems J.

Seems FJ.

Seems F.

Seems FJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems SFJ.

Seems SFJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems S rather than N.

Could be FJ.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems SFJ.

Seems SJ.

Seems F.

Seems S rather than N.

Seems S rather than N. Also seems SJ.

FP does not seem to be indicated here.

Seems F rather than T.

Seems FJ, especially the bolded portion.

Seems E.

I am typing you as ESFJ.

I hope this helps.

this is actually pretty consistent with why i typed ISFJ. i might even agree with ESFJ now.

DreamBeliever

& I honestly hate repetition. I'd love to just be going to different places all the time doing new things.

DreamBeliever

this is actually pretty consistent with why i typed ISFJ. i might even agree with ESFJ now.

Would an SJ hate rules so much as to of spent 2-3 years consistently in the principal's office in elementary school & actually get kicked out of 3 schools, though? That's how much I hate authority, & it seems like SJs are always the ones to follow & respect authority. I live with an ESTJ & ISFJ, & I'm nothing like them.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION]

We only wanted to type you. Don't worry, I remember when I was typed before lol. I wasn't happy either. :wink:

SJ's can be rebellious too. You could be an Enneatype 6w7cp because of you being against authority and wanting to do new things.

Everybody's different. :unicorn:

If you don't believe us, thoroughly read about the cognitive functions.

Funky MBTI in Fiction | Cognitive Functions

This is a pretty cool website to read about them.

DreamBeliever

I think I might just be an unhealthy person, & trying to type myself might just be counterproductive.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would an SJ hate rules so much as to of spent 2-3 years consistently in the principal's office in elementary school & actually get kicked out of 3 schools, though? That's how much I hate authority, & it seems like SJs are always the ones to follow & respect authority. I live with an ESTJ & ISFJ, & I'm nothing like them.

maybe you're ESFP?

DreamBeliever

We only wanted to type you. Don't worry, I remember when I was typed before lol. I wasn't happy either. :wink:

SJ's can be rebellious too.

Everybody's different. :unicorn:

I know. I'm not trying to be mean. It just seems so inconsistent. None of the types seem to fit me, & I've been reading about mbti for at least a year & a half.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But then that doesn't add up to my questionnaires, right? Or? I'm not even sure. Hope I'm not wasting your guys' time.

thing is, it's REALLY hard to tell some things this way. i agree that you're a feeling type without a doubt. and a lot of your responses and preferences indicated sensing preference for me. if you're kind of a trouble maker rule hater, then maybe you're an esfp. actually the gambling in vegas thing is pretty SP. i'm just lobbing out ideas and responding to what you say. you know yourself better than anyone.

DreamBeliever

Maybe I just have a well developed Fe? Like, I never used to thank people when they did things for me, because I figured people know that someone appreciates if something nice is done for them, but now I make it a point to always thank people.

DreamBeliever

thing is, it's REALLY hard to tell some things this way. i agree that you're a feeling type without a doubt. and a lot of your responses and preferences indicated sensing preference for me. if you're kind of a trouble maker rule hater, then maybe you're an esfp. actually the gambling in vegas thing is pretty SP. i'm just lobbing out ideas and responding to what you say. you know yourself better than anyone.

I agree. It is hard. Maybe I am. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated! I know, I need to learn to trust myself & my judgement. I ask for other people's opinions a lot. Just a tendency.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
What makes me definitely a feeler guys?

I find this to be quite funny. It's amazing that you have doubts about your feeling preference. Here are a couple of examples of it:
  • You chose a college because you liked the tour guide. To me that sounds crazy! (Not that I think you're crazy :dry:).
  • You chose to save a teddy bear after your house catches fire.

If you still have doubts, then look over some of your responses to the questions. There is a lot of dominant or auxilliary Fe in many of the responses, which would make you a feeler.
My impression is that you are not all that aware of your feelings. Here's an idea, take a look back at the instances when you've had troubles with authority or when you've had conflict with someone in general. You probably think that your actions at the time were based on rational or objective thought, but if you look at it a bit closely you might just find out that it was your feelings that decided your actions.

It seems that the difficulty you're having in pinning down your personality type has to do with the stereotype of SJ's being traditional and accepting authority, which obviously isn't something that you can relate to. I think it's quite possible that when Kiersey wrote his book, that SJ's were mostly accepting of authority and traditional. But society has changed quite a bit since then, there are many more acceptable views and choices available these days, so that stereotype may be a bit outdated now.

I suggest taking a look in the SJ section of the forums for threads that talk about being traditional or accepting authority. You could also start your own thread and get the perspective of other SJs on your experiences with regards to accepting authority. From what I read in one thread it seems that there are SJs who are tradionalists and accept authority and then there are those who don't fit in that category. Hopefully that will help you settle on a personality type.

DreamBeliever

I find this to be quite funny. It's amazing that you have doubts about your feeling preference. Here are a couple of examples of it:
  • You chose a college because you liked the tour guide. To me that sounds crazy! (Not that I think you're crazy :dry:).
  • You chose to save a teddy bear after your house catches fire.

If you still have doubts, then look over some of your responses to the questions. There is a lot of dominant or auxilliary Fe in many of the responses, which would make you a feeler.
My impression is that you are not all that aware of your feelings. Here's an idea, take a look back at the instances when you've had troubles with authority or when you've had conflict with someone in general. You probably think that your actions at the time were based on rational or objective thought, but if you look at it a bit closely you might just find out that it was your feelings that decided your actions.

It seems that the difficulty you're having in pinning down your personality type has to do with the stereotype of SJ's being traditional and accepting authority, which obviously isn't something that you can relate to. I think it's quite possible that when Kiersey wrote his book, that SJ's were mostly accepting of authority and traditional. But society has changed quite a bit since then, there are many more acceptable views and choices available these days, so that stereotype may be a bit outdated now.

I suggest taking a look in the SJ section of the forums for threads that talk about being traditional or accepting authority. You could also start your own thread and get the perspective of other SJs on your experiences with regards to accepting authority. From what I read in one thread it seems that there are SJs who are tradionalists and accept authority and then there are those who don't fit in that category. Hopefully that will help you settle on a personality type.

Ok, sounds like good advice. I know I shouldn't take stereotypes too seriously. btw my choice in college didn't turn out so great. In fact, I only went for one year really since I withdrew last fall halfway through the semester. Ugh, ain't life great. lol Starting today I've been getting really nervous since registration is this month, & I have no clue yet if I'm going back or what. I have so much to figure out, & I rather put it off. Can I ask what your method usually is for making decisions?