User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    1 14.29%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    2 28.57%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    2 28.57%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    2 28.57%
  • ENTP

    1 14.29%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    1 14.29%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    1 14.29%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 246

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    We only wanted to type you. Don't worry, I remember when I was typed before lol. I wasn't happy either.

    SJ's can be rebellious too.

    Everybody's different.
    I know. I'm not trying to be mean. It just seems so inconsistent. None of the types seem to fit me, & I've been reading about mbti for at least a year & a half.
    Likes Forever liked this post

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    maybe you're ESFP?
    But then that doesn't add up to my questionnaires, right? Or? I'm not even sure. Hope I'm not wasting your guys' time.

  3. #53
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    But then that doesn't add up to my questionnaires, right? Or? I'm not even sure. Hope I'm not wasting your guys' time.
    thing is, it's REALLY hard to tell some things this way. i agree that you're a feeling type without a doubt. and a lot of your responses and preferences indicated sensing preference for me. if you're kind of a trouble maker rule hater, then maybe you're an esfp. actually the gambling in vegas thing is pretty SP. i'm just lobbing out ideas and responding to what you say. you know yourself better than anyone.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Maybe I just have a well developed Fe? Like, I never used to thank people when they did things for me, because I figured people know that someone appreciates if something nice is done for them, but now I make it a point to always thank people.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    thing is, it's REALLY hard to tell some things this way. i agree that you're a feeling type without a doubt. and a lot of your responses and preferences indicated sensing preference for me. if you're kind of a trouble maker rule hater, then maybe you're an esfp. actually the gambling in vegas thing is pretty SP. i'm just lobbing out ideas and responding to what you say. you know yourself better than anyone.
    I agree. It is hard. Maybe I am. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated! I know, I need to learn to trust myself & my judgement. I ask for other people's opinions a lot. Just a tendency.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    What makes me definitely a feeler guys?

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    What makes me definitely a feeler guys?
    For one, no Thinker would have your avatar
    Likes /DG/ liked this post

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    For one, no Thinker would have your avatar
    Oh I must admit, I took it from Dr. Mike's NF geeks page. Someone posted it, & I thought it was cool.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    What makes me definitely a feeler guys?
    I find this to be quite funny. It's amazing that you have doubts about your feeling preference. Here are a couple of examples of it:
    • You chose a college because you liked the tour guide. To me that sounds crazy! (Not that I think you're crazy ).
    • You chose to save a teddy bear after your house catches fire.


    If you still have doubts, then look over some of your responses to the questions. There is a lot of dominant or auxilliary Fe in many of the responses, which would make you a feeler.
    My impression is that you are not all that aware of your feelings. Here's an idea, take a look back at the instances when you've had troubles with authority or when you've had conflict with someone in general. You probably think that your actions at the time were based on rational or objective thought, but if you look at it a bit closely you might just find out that it was your feelings that decided your actions.

    It seems that the difficulty you're having in pinning down your personality type has to do with the stereotype of SJ's being traditional and accepting authority, which obviously isn't something that you can relate to. I think it's quite possible that when Kiersey wrote his book, that SJ's were mostly accepting of authority and traditional. But society has changed quite a bit since then, there are many more acceptable views and choices available these days, so that stereotype may be a bit outdated now.

    I suggest taking a look in the SJ section of the forums for threads that talk about being traditional or accepting authority. You could also start your own thread and get the perspective of other SJs on your experiences with regards to accepting authority. From what I read in one thread it seems that there are SJs who are tradionalists and accept authority and then there are those who don't fit in that category. Hopefully that will help you settle on a personality type.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert666 View Post
    I find this to be quite funny. It's amazing that you have doubts about your feeling preference. Here are a couple of examples of it:
    • You chose a college because you liked the tour guide. To me that sounds crazy! (Not that I think you're crazy ).
    • You chose to save a teddy bear after your house catches fire.


    If you still have doubts, then look over some of your responses to the questions. There is a lot of dominant or auxilliary Fe in many of the responses, which would make you a feeler.
    My impression is that you are not all that aware of your feelings. Here's an idea, take a look back at the instances when you've had troubles with authority or when you've had conflict with someone in general. You probably think that your actions at the time were based on rational or objective thought, but if you look at it a bit closely you might just find out that it was your feelings that decided your actions.

    It seems that the difficulty you're having in pinning down your personality type has to do with the stereotype of SJ's being traditional and accepting authority, which obviously isn't something that you can relate to. I think it's quite possible that when Kiersey wrote his book, that SJ's were mostly accepting of authority and traditional. But society has changed quite a bit since then, there are many more acceptable views and choices available these days, so that stereotype may be a bit outdated now.

    I suggest taking a look in the SJ section of the forums for threads that talk about being traditional or accepting authority. You could also start your own thread and get the perspective of other SJs on your experiences with regards to accepting authority. From what I read in one thread it seems that there are SJs who are tradionalists and accept authority and then there are those who don't fit in that category. Hopefully that will help you settle on a personality type.
    Ok, sounds like good advice. I know I shouldn't take stereotypes too seriously. btw my choice in college didn't turn out so great. In fact, I only went for one year really since I withdrew last fall halfway through the semester. Ugh, ain't life great. lol Starting today I've been getting really nervous since registration is this month, & I have no clue yet if I'm going back or what. I have so much to figure out, & I rather put it off. Can I ask what your method usually is for making decisions?

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help figuring out my type, I have various examples
    By PurpleFlowers54 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2016, 11:55 PM
  2. Need some help figuring out my type. Am I an impossible case?
    By bluemonday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
  3. Super confused, need help figuring out my MBTI type
    By Jerry in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 09:27 PM
  4. Need help figuring out my boyfriend's type?
    By lost in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 01:55 PM
  5. I need some help figuring out my type
    By Requeim in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO