0 0%
  • INTJ

1 14.29%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1422232425 Last

@uumlau & @Cygnus how about enneatype?

216. At the very least, core 2 with a 1-fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    216. At the very least, core 2 with a 1-fix.
    Ok. Reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    Ok. Reasons?
    2: can't feel comfortable unless perceived affection from others is maximized. (Read: perceived affection.) Unhealthy instances see selfish, desperate vampirism for confirmation, while the healthiest cases enshrine altruism for its own sake (you, like most, would almost certainly fall under mid-range health). Apparent due to an altruistic outer image that quickly breaks down under stress; identity is not anchored internally (4) or grounded in external objects of confirmation (3), but oriented socially and through direct signs of affect. High Superego influence.

1: ambiguous position in the physical world. Awkwardly but apologetically occupies physical space. Physical energy is socially-oriented, as opposed to internalized and completely hidden for self-preservation (9, Ego) or selfishly exerted outward (8, Id). High Superego influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    2: can't feel comfortable unless perceived affection from others is maximized. (Read: perceived affection.) Unhealthy instances see selfish, desperate vampirism for confirmation, while the healthiest cases enshrine altruism for its own sake (you, like most, would almost certainly fall under mid-range health). Apparent due to an altruistic outer image that quickly breaks down under stress; identity is not anchored internally (4) or grounded in external objects of confirmation (3), but oriented socially and through direct signs of affect. High Superego influence.

1: ambiguous position in the physical world. Awkwardly but apologetically occupies physical space. Physical energy is socially-oriented, as opposed to internalized and completely hidden for self-preservation (9, Ego) or selfishly exerted outward (8, Id). High Superego influence.
    Alright. & What do you think for instinctual variant?

Alright. & What do you think for instinctual variant?
    Fuck if I know, you're verging on witchcraft territory with something as acute as Instinctual Variant. I don't know why anyone would care to know that.

I think you need to have a documented, vivid account of a person's upbringing before you can dabble into their Instinctual Variant, because the variants are pretty much narrative-esque summaries of a person's approach to life. "Contra-Flow" (sp/sx, sx/so, and so/sp) types are the misanthropic "villains" whose approach involves turning against the rest of the world, "Syn-Flow" (sp/so, so/sx, and sx/sp) types are the "heroes" who rebuild it. Like the US Supreme Court justices are probably all Enneagram 1s who rose to perfection despite adversity, but the story their actions tell could also illustrate sx/sp intensity or sp/so perfection rising up to rebuild part of the world.

I wouldn't bother with Instinctual Variant -- it's nothing near as concrete as Cognitive Functions. All of Enneagram is a self-serving narrative to rectify why you tend to behave the way you do. If you wish to better yourself, try understanding the lenses through which you perceive reality, the Cognitive Functions, identify who uses the functions you don't use strongly, and try to predict how they might see reality so that you can better understand their point of view. That, to me, is the ultimate purpose of personality psychology -- mediation through social impasses, not navel-gazing.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, Cygnus actually just said the out of sight, out of mind comment just meant I was lazy. I mean, I can't be too lazy if I graduated high school with a 3.6 gpa while taking honors & AP classes, & I'm neat & clean by my ESTJ & ISFJ grandparents standards. lol I can see how it would relate to type 7, though. Kind of that 7 escapism, right?
    It seems more like 7 given the rest of what you wrote. 9s are stuck on mindlessly doing things so they are constantly detached by their own inner awareness and goes to sleep via engaging the environment. 7s are much more emotionally aware than 9s.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

@EJCC
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0-825BvX4
    Your thoughts on my mbti/enneagram from this?
    Cygnus says ESFJ 2w1, but Chanaynay suggested ISFP from this in my other thread. If you don't mind helping, I'd appreciate another opinion & could use some feedback.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@DreamBeliever

I merged six(!) of your typing threads into one thread.

In the future, when you have further questions on your typing, please discuss those in more central locations, like this one, instead of derailing other threads or creating redundant ones.

----------------------------------------------

Re: your video, I actually have no idea. You're a VERY clear SF, and your forum presence is obviously 9.

I recommend looking into excerpts from Naomi Quenk's book, "Was That Really Me?", and seeing if you relate to inferior Ti or inferior Te.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...rior-ifps.html
    [ESFJ] Recognizing the Inferior Function in ESFJs

Edit: Looking at your signature, if you're chaotic good and relate most to Fi, then you're ISFP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes DreamBeliever liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @DreamBeliever

I merged six(!) of your typing threads into one thread.

In the future, when you have further questions on your typing, please discuss those in more central locations, like this one, instead of derailing other threads or creating redundant ones.
    hehe ok