User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Question Help Wanted. Can you figure out my type?

    Hey Guys, I'd posted a couple of threads on TC before, but they really did not help me much, so I've decided I'll take one last shot at asking you wonderful, people here to help me determine my type. I'll post a little about myself and if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Here goes:

    I am currently struggling with what life means and what i want to do with my life. I get anxious when people ask me what I want to do in life because I don’t have a fixed goal. I really have never had a fixed long term goal in my life – ever. I am not ambitious or materialistic. I don't care about money or expensive clothes and cars at all. The reason why I probably struggle with what I want to do is because I really can imagine my life going in so many different directions and I have this crazy belief that everything is going to end happily. I also cannot settle on one career path and I try to hide this fact from other people by putting up a façade in public.

    I am in my head a lot, I find it tiresome to have to deal with doing more and more in the external world. I need to build a resume, get a job, go to clubs, etc. While I can do excellent on the job, and people applaud the work I do, I find it boring and tiresome and annoying. It's kind of like this: While I have to do my work, I put on this mask in which I am a hardworking, diligient, and quiet. After the hours are done, and I go home, I don't really want to deal with anything work or external world related. I just want to eat, sleep, make art, read or write. I cannot stand having to keep doing more and more in order to support the perception of "hardworking, diligent, and quiet person" I give to other people. To others I might just be another perfect student, employee, daughter, etc. I do a really good job at manipulating other people's perceptions of me.

    I am a strong feminist and left wing centrist, and that is practically irrefutable. I am quite open-minded. I am a romantic. I never want to get married or have kids. (and I am extremely sure of that!)I am very moody – or at least that’s what people tell me. My moods changes with the wind…I can go from blissfully calm in the morning, to sad at noon, to happy in the afternoon, and annoyed at night. Often this makes me erratic and whimsical. So yeah, I am often capricious. Sometimes I don't even know why I feel a certain way... I don't understand my own emotions in that sense. You could ask me "How are you feeling?" and I wouldn't know how to respond because I can't really express it, in that manner...

    In real life, I hide behind this façade, this mask, that tells everyone I have got my life together when really I am this big ball of indecision and laziness. I unconsciously alter my personality to match the surroundings I am in. So to one person I can seem illogical and scatterbrained and to another person I can seem smart and decisive. This constant push and pull between the façade I show and the person I really am bothers me. Sometimes, I find myself wondering whether I have lost parts of myself in my façade.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Sounds remarkably EII-ish, though I'm sure arguments could be made for IEI as well.

    Your style of mental self-categorization in short, static statements, with a sort of autocentrism (for lack of a more neutral term) in your worldview and world orientation suggests more , but it by no means excludes the possibility of . There is a bit of a static quality to it, however.

    This also might reflect as a cherished value and perhaps a hint of disdain for , which I see as the most prominent argument for EII.

    Arguments for IEI include a predisposition to Introverted Irrational temperament behavior.

  3. #3
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Sounds remarkably EII-ish, though I'm sure arguments could be made for IEI as well.

    Your style of mental self-categorization in short, static statements, with a sort of autocentrism (for lack of a more neutral term) in your worldview and world orientation suggests more , but it by no means excludes the possibility of . There is a bit of a static quality to it, however.

    This also might reflect as a cherished value and perhaps a hint of disdain for , which I see as the most prominent argument for EII.

    Arguments for IEI include a predisposition to Introverted Irrational temperament behavior.
    I don't really know about Socionics, I only know about MBTI. So most of what you said was incomprehensible to me. Do you mind explaining?please.

  4. #4
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    I first guessed ENFP from the whole "I know my mind but I've no idea what I want" bit at the start.

    No so sure by the end. There are several scenarios which could lead to many interpretations of the data given.

    What do you commonly test as?
    If you get varied test results than ENFP or ENTP are likely, the latter moreso.

    Question regarding art (more for my own amusement than helping, adkittedly) do you appreciate technique more or passion? (long standing discussion between myself an ENFJ and an ISTP where neither of us T people hold much value for modern art due to its lack of craftsmanship in the main.)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #5
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I first guessed ENFP from the whole "I know my mind but I've no idea what I want" bit at the start.

    No so sure by the end. There are several scenarios which could lead to many interpretations of the data given.

    What do you commonly test as?
    If you get varied test results than ENFP or ENTP are likely, the latter moreso.

    Question regarding art (more for my own amusement than helping, adkittedly) do you appreciate technique more or passion? (long standing discussion between myself an ENFJ and an ISTP where neither of us T people hold much value for modern art due to its lack of craftsmanship in the main.)
    I have actually been tested as an ISFP, INTP, ISFJ, INFP, and ISTJ. Making me all the more confused about what type I truly am. I've taken the test so many times that I can actually manipulate the test to give me the result I want. I get tested as an introvert more than an extrovert because I am quite unsocial and like to spend a lot of time to myself.

    I try to make it a point to make art for myself and not for others. I have made it a point to keep making the art I make, regardless of whether it defies conventions or not. I hate it when art teachers say "don't smudge, because I hate smudging" or "don't use acrylics because I don't like them". I believe art is a freeing experience, an expressive form that does not require rules or conventions. So, when people impose these "rules" I am annoyed. Yet, I probably never express my annoyances because I try to establish the "goody two-shoes" image I have with all my teachers.So, the thing is while I probably may never make it as an artist, I will continue to make art (good or bad) that expresses my thoughts and feelings.

    To answer your question, I am not sure exactly, I guess I appreciate passion more. While I appreciate technique, passion is what drives the artwork. I view technique as a toolbox, and passion as the main idea. While it is possible to convey ideas with or without a toolbox, the same cannot be said for a toolbox.
    I hope that made sense...

  6. #6
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Okay you use words more like a T than an F to my mind but your behaviour is more F from description.

    I'd imagine you test as I because that's what you are expecting.

    Perhaps a hard look at your environment and how it may have quashed certain aspects and elevated others may give you insight into your "true" type.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #7
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Okay you use words more like a T than an F to my mind but your behaviour is more F from description.

    I'd imagine you test as I because that's what you are expecting.

    Perhaps a hard look at your environment and how it may have quashed certain aspects and elevated others may give you insight into your "true" type.
    I think you might be right... I probably test as an Introvert because of the way I was bought up. I guess it is sort of pointless to go on trying to expect you to guess my type, when I don't even know myself well. So, I guess I'll have to find myself first...Thanks for all the help!

  8. #8
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post
    I think you might be right... I probably test as an Introvert because of the way I was bought up. I guess it is sort of pointless to go on trying to expect you to guess my type, when I don't even know myself well. So, I guess I'll have to find myself first...Thanks for all the help!
    It never hurts to ask.

    Primary information though is keys. It'll be the small things which show your type. The big things tend to show your personality.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #9

    Default

    Here's my theory:

    You've tested more for "S" "F" "P" than "N" "T" "J" and my guess is you test as an introvert because you're an introvert. Thus, if I had to make an educated guess based on that alone, I would label you an ISFP - which is more than likely why you value your "main idea (Passion)" over your "toolbox (Technique)" in regards to art.

    Your enneagram type is type 9 sp/sx (90% sure of this), it sounds identical to what you described.

    going off of your various statements, you do not strike me as an ISTJ because of your disdain for rules (if that is an accurate perception). But, since you have tested as an INTP & an ISFJ, it makes since to me why you would test as an ISTJ... reason being, if you are an ISFP and you developed your judging qualities to the point of [near] muscle memory, all that is left is to develop you thinking qualities, giving you ISTJ (if that was your train of thought while answering the test questions). in layman's terms, it makes sense [to me] that ISFP + ISFJ + INFP +INTP = ISTJ

    My suggestion:

    Take the test again, but this time, keep how you feel personally in mind. Do not be bothered with how you would act in response to a particular person because, in my opinion, doing this will give you a false reading. When I tested on my "honest thoughts," I test INTJ. When I test on how I act in order to "please people", I confuse the test and get INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ, or ISTJ because I've developed those senses to please people in certain situations... does that make sense?

    When you answer a question, if you can't determine which is honest, then think about the particular question or statement, and how you would react to [all of these] a family member (includes a spouse), a close friend, as well as a stranger... and then think about how your decision would truly make you feel. For instance, if the statement is "Often it's not what I want, it's what others want that's more important to me." Don't simply click "very accurate" based on the fact that you're a person pleaser. If you're silently annoyed by the fact that you please people, that would be a lie.

    I hope this helps. If it doesn't, feel free to ask me for clarification and I will be more than happy to oblige. I have a tendency to confuse people during my explanations; it's not my strong suit, but if you let me know where you got confused, then I will find the words to help you understand what I mean. I promise.

    P.S.
    "I view technique as a toolbox, and passion as the main idea. While it is possible to convey ideas with or without a toolbox, the same cannot be said for a toolbox." Brilliant!!! Totally made sense. And, after you retake the test [based on your truthful and personal feelings], let us know the result; you don't have to, but I am curious.

  10. #10
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yin and Yang View Post
    Here's my theory:

    You've tested more for "S" "F" "P" than "N" "T" "J" and my guess is you test as an introvert because you're an introvert. Thus, if I had to make an educated guess based on that alone, I would label you an ISFP - which is more than likely why you value your "main idea (Passion)" over your "toolbox (Technique)" in regards to art.

    Your enneagram type is type 9 sp/sx (90% sure of this), it sounds identical to what you described.

    going off of your various statements, you do not strike me as an ISTJ because of your disdain for rules (if that is an accurate perception). But, since you have tested as an INTP & an ISFJ, it makes since to me why you would test as an ISTJ... reason being, if you are an ISFP and you developed your judging qualities to the point of [near] muscle memory, all that is left is to develop you thinking qualities, giving you ISTJ (if that was your train of thought while answering the test questions). in layman's terms, it makes sense [to me] that ISFP + ISFJ + INFP +INTP = ISTJ

    My suggestion:

    Take the test again, but this time, keep how you feel personally in mind. Do not be bothered with how you would act in response to a particular person because, in my opinion, doing this will give you a false reading. When I tested on my "honest thoughts," I test INTJ. When I test on how I act in order to "please people", I confuse the test and get INTJ, INFJ, ISFJ, or ISTJ because I've developed those senses to please people in certain situations... does that make sense?

    When you answer a question, if you can't determine which is honest, then think about the particular question or statement, and how you would react to [all of these] a family member (includes a spouse), a close friend, as well as a stranger... and then think about how your decision would truly make you feel. For instance, if the statement is "Often it's not what I want, it's what others want that's more important to me." Don't simply click "very accurate" based on the fact that you're a person pleaser. If you're silently annoyed by the fact that you please people, that would be a lie.

    I hope this helps. If it doesn't, feel free to ask me for clarification and I will be more than happy to oblige. I have a tendency to confuse people during my explanations; it's not my strong suit, but if you let me know where you got confused, then I will find the words to help you understand what I mean. I promise.

    P.S.
    "I view technique as a toolbox, and passion as the main idea. While it is possible to convey ideas with or without a toolbox, the same cannot be said for a toolbox." Brilliant!!! Totally made sense. And, after you retake the test [based on your truthful and personal feelings], let us know the result; you don't have to, but I am curious.
    Thanks! for a really nice comment and helpful explanation... the very first time I took an mbti test I got ISFP. The first time I took an enneagram test I got 4w5 sp/sx with a high score for 9.

    However, I was not sure about both my enneagram and mbti results. As time flew by, I began to spiral down into more uncertainty. I think a huge part of it has to deal with my inability to understand who i am and what I want from life. I have spent the last two - three years in a state of drifting with what everyone else expected me to do, even if deep down I didn't want to do so. I put up this persona that everyone could find agreeable. But I began losing parts of myself gradually into the persona. I mean there are so many things I don't let people know. Like how I am really not organized, and how I actually enjoy rom-coms, and how I am actually very talkative if you get to know me, and how ...

    Wow! I should seriously stop ranting about how lost I feel...Let's get back on topic, shall we? So, I didn't know what test was reliable and I took two of them. The first one is :Discordia Inc. - Just who the HELL do you THINK you are?. I scored as an ENFP. The second one is : http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/jung2.pl. I scored as an ISTP.

    So, basically, I am back to square one. I know i'm probably all over the place and I probably am not giving you too much to go on...
    Thanks for helping, anyways!

Similar Threads

  1. I still can't figure out my type. Can someone help me?
    By Purplemoon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 09:30 PM
  2. I can't figure out my type. Can someone help me?
    By travelizon in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 02:48 AM
  3. Can't figure out my type! Help?
    By cattywample in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
  4. Can't figure out my type
    By TheZEDMan in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
  5. New here and just want to finally figure out my type.
    By LeetoLydia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO