User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post
    I don't really know about Socionics, I only know about MBTI. So most of what you said was incomprehensible to me. Do you mind explaining?please.
    EII INFj (socionics) == INFP (MBTI)
    IEI INFp (socionics) == INFJ (MBTI)

(socionics) == Fi (MBTI)
    == Ni
    == Si
    == Se

Most Socionics experts consider these likenings between types and functions in MBTI and Socionics to be insufficient because Socionics information elements have somewhat different functions than MBTI cognitive functions, and because Socionics types that would functionally seem parallel to certain MBTI types are associated with stereotypes that actually better describe different MBTI types.

You're type is an IXFP. INFPs tend to be more imaginative and creative than ISFPs, see if that'll help.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hi! So I haven't really updated in a while and I think this might be helpful....I've done a lot of thinking and I realized I am a Ne user and not Ni user. I went through all the types and eliminated them one by one until I landed up with the XNXP types. I am certain that I resonate more with the descriptions of NP types than any of the others (a.k.a XSXJ, XNXJ, XSXP). Now I just need your help to figure out if I am Fe/Ti or Te/Fi. Here are some points that may help you. Feel free to ask questions.

I have almost have an inability to plan for my future. This is because i don't find the need to plan for it, I can see my life going in so many different directions and I believe wherever I end up I'll be fine. It's not because I don't want to go places, it's just that my definition of "going places" is travelling, and when I am travelling I like to wander, lose myself in anything that catches my fancy. Wander without an agenda or goals.

I don't have goals in life, I don't really have a huge drive to ACHIEVE things in life. I just know that wherever I end up, I want to continue making art, travelling (even if it's catching a train to go to work), writing in my journals, watching movies, listening to music, and learning.

I often do a lot of things just because I am curious about them or they catch my interest, to the utter horror of my father. I once spent an entire afternoon learning about military cuisine because one of the people I follow on tumblr. posted a recipe for a dish inspired by military cuisine. My father was completely perplexed and asked me why I was reading an article on military cuisine, because I guess he assumed that there was a purpose to what I was doing.

I don't share my sadness with other people because of the way I was bought up. My parents are unhealthy SJs, I believe, who do not express their emotions freely. I can be very moody, with really wild mood swings. And although I dream about having a shoulder to cry on, I can seldom find one in reality. I find it easy to express annoyance, happiness, and even melancholic moods...but I just don't want to cry because I don't want people to stare at me (in school) or my parents to wonder why I am unhappy. Usually, I can suppress my emotions without people knowing, but sometimes I just express those negative emotions because, I mean, I guess I get tried of having to pretend I am okay.

I am not really healthy, I know, but I am trying to make up my mind to visit a guidance counselor.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I agree with the others who have said 9w1. You fit the description very well. You are not a 4, even an unhealthy one.

However, I don't see ISFP over INFP. @Xander What is your rationale for a Sensing preference? She sounds almost like the stereotype of an INFP to me, that if anything is what makes me suspicious.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I agree with the others who have said 9w1. You fit the description very well. You are not a 4, even an unhealthy one.

However, I don't see ISFP over INFP. @Xander What is your rationale for a Sensing preference? She sounds almost like the stereotype of an INFP to me, that if anything is what makes me suspicious.
    I am curious as to why you consider me to be a type 9. From what I’ve heard they are “even tempered” people who are “more comfortable being in the outside world than their inner world”. Guaranteed, I am not really a healthy person but, I have erratic mood swings and I am in my head a lot. I don’t really resonate with the social butterfly type 9.

As for being an INFP, I am curious as to how you typed me to be a lead Fi user. I am not sure I use Te at all. I mean I don’t want to achieve a whole lot in the external world, and I am pretty sure I can be quite facially expressive as Fe users can.

I don’t mean to offend you or anything, It’s just that I’ve spent around 3 years being unsure of my type, so I’d prefer it if you could give me a bit of an explanation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I am curious as to why you consider me to be a type 9. From what I’ve heard they are “even tempered” people who are “more comfortable being in the outside world than their inner world”. Guaranteed, I am not really a healthy person but, I have erratic mood swings and I am in my head a lot. I don’t really resonate with the social butterfly type 9.
    You admitted you don a mask to get on better with others. No E4 - and i suspect like many people you are trying to come across as an E4 - would ever do this, as habitually adapting to please others would be violating their sense of identity. Any type can have a rich inner world; creativity for example is unrelated to Enneatype. I don't see you as an E3 or E6, either. I would never alter myself to please a stranger.

As for being an INFP, I am curious as to how you typed me to be a lead Fi user. I am not sure I use Te at all. I mean I don’t want to achieve a whole lot in the external world, and I am pretty sure I can be quite facially expressive as Fe users can.
    Te is your inferior if you are INFP, so you may not be consciously aware of it. Typing like this is as much a process of elimination as anything. You show a lot of Fi in your posts, and an abstract approach that would suggest an iNtuitive preference. I am not one to deal in detail/examples, and can contrast myself to you here. INFPs use Ne/Si and like you, feel dissatisfied without specific examples of something. You asked for more detail. Ni/Se (NJs/SPs) prefers generalities.

I don’t mean to offend you or anything, It’s just that I’ve spent around 3 years being unsure of my type, so I’d prefer it if you could give me a bit of an explanation.
    It isn't a big deal, don't worry.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Thanks for the explanation. Whew! Now I can be certain of my type.