User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What xNFJ is to women, xNTJ is to men.

    Ni is a sexy beast.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    If you were in love with a girl from school but too shy to approach her directly, how would you try to get her to like you?

  3. #23
    Member Gladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If you were in love with a girl from school but too shy to approach her directly, how would you try to get her to like you?
    I can only answer this question by assuming what I would do if I were in love, as I haven't yet as far as I can remember experienced what love is outside mere physical attraction.

    I'd probably start by analyzing the current situation.
    Internal monologues would probably be somewhat along "If I now walk up to her and confess my feelings to her, is it probable I'd be turned down? If I get turned down I might get my feelings hurt. I also wouldn't like people to make a fuss out of it, e.g. others asking me sarcastingly if I got turned down. Even if I didn't get turned down when I confessed my feelings to her, what as of then? I might have confessed my feelings to her, but would that mean we're going to see each other every break by cuddling in public? Cuddling, especially in public would be incredibly uncomfortable to me. When and how are we going to see each other? I'm very anti-social, barely have my phone active and rarely leaves my house except when I've to (School, Visits...) therefore what if she's the social type? I need my alone time, too much interaction is too draining of me. Also what if she's the conventional type who expects gifts such as chocolates durign certain events or flowers? I'm very unconvnetional in these areas and I don't see the point of it. I feel there might be too many differences for me to ever fit with anyone I currently know. Afterall one of my greatest fears is for other people to see me as I see myself. (I'm accepting of myself, and would like to believe of others aswell, but I'm afraid that wouldn't be returned)."

    Practically something like the above would probably go on in my mind all at once, so I'd probably hesitate to tell her I love her to begin with and soon that feeling would be 'pushed' away so to say.

    Theoretically if I would try to get her to like me, uh.. it's difficult making an abduction here clueless as I am when it comes to romance. I can't say I'm especially romantic, seeing myself at a restaurant walking the beach during the night holding hands, I just can't see myself doing that. Material Goods (Flowers, Consumable things) would just feels odd coming from nowhere, besides that aswell I can't see myself doing for two major reasons: Firstly if I once do it I might have to do it again and I don't like spending money on others. Secondly it'd feel embarassing doing it out of nowhere. I guess I'd sit down with her after first trying to gradually get to know her (As friends) , perhaps I'd try to help in the areas I excel at (Using my mind only, as I'm the opposite of a doer, I'm a breaker at practical matters). So I might try to teach her the things I know in case she's in need of help and I'd then probably let the days go on in hope for something to change. But unfortunately it doesn't sound realistically to say something would actually happen, and if the days go on and nothing happens, the chance for a romantical relationship is drastically decreasing.

    Edit: If I was too shy to approach her directly,
    Then I'd do as I explained in the 'Practical' line.

    But theoretically if I still wanted to get her to like me somehow without approaching her directly. I really can't think of anything here outside stalking her (Analyzing her hobbies, trying to seize opportunities to show off) but no, I'd not do such a thing because of multiple reasons. Firstly I'm not prone on stalking someone, Secondly I'm not a Show-off (At least not publically), Thirdly I'm too lazy to do any research. - Ah now I got other possiblities in mind again as in asking someone indirectly who knows her to tell me about her, or living in the past I might try to get through to her parents / guardians first. But all things considered I don't see the theoretical solutions fit my personality at all, so I don't think it would work practically.

  4. #24
    Member Gladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00c View Post
    It seems more like strong Ni and Ne to me with a prominent Fe and Si making him more of an INTP. He really has no concern for the material, and physical activities in the present world seem to be of relatively little importance and even though Se would be inferior for INTJ, they would care more for the sort. No? Laziness in the general sense is more of an Si thing, I would say, as those who have dominant Se or have it anywhere in their main 4 stack are more action-oriented than thought-oriented. ESTPs are even referred to as the Doers. All of the cautious mumbo-jumbo which practically translates to "you should be like me, I don't understand why you do what you do, it's all so crazy and you don't do it like me, but you should!" seems more like Fe-Si than Fi-Se.
    All the emphasis on individuality screams enneagram 4 and the all the rest would suggest a 5 wing, maybe sp/sx. I'm lazy right now, so take these few sentences with a grain of salt.
    I'm wondering what makes you think I've a prominent Fe? From my own observation in regards to Fe and Fi, I feel Fi more applying to me based on my own understanding of the functions. Also, about this part.
    "All of the cautious mumbo-jumbo which practically translates to "you should be like me, I don't understand why you do what you do, it's all so crazy and you don't do it like me, but you should!" seems more like Fe-Si than Fi-Se."
    Could you clarify what you mean with the above? I'm not entirely sure whether you mean I cautiously state this, if you misinterpreted my sentences or if I misunderstood you entirely. This was what I stated in Qustion 2 in regards to what I dislike most about people:
    I don't want other people butting in telling me "This is how you dress. This is how you eat. This is what you should be. This is how you should react to this situation..." > They've just inherited the Social norms and claimed it as their own instead of critically thinking for themselves, questioning it whether or not it's the most efficient way, if it truely makes sense to live a life society has given them rather than finding their own path.
    So basically if what I stated annoys me in the above translates to Fe-Si, then what makes you think I use a prominent Fe and Si?
    I coloured the not-coherent statements in red.

  5. #25
    Member Gladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    47

    Default

    @Nicodemus
    Thoughts?

    @Kullervo
    I don't know much about how xNTPs' and xSTJs' argue although they are two of the personality types I've read about in the past. So unfortunately I'm incapable of giving my thoughts.

    @Mal12345
    Any further thoughts you might share?

    -----------
    Also, if anyone here knows Oreki Houtarou from the anime Hyouka he's as close a character to my personality I've ever seen. This guy is often typed as INTx, some people argues him being an INTJ and others argues he's an INTP. But this doesn't tell much to these who has no clue and has no intention to get to know him.

    - Seeks to live his life in routine with wasting as little energy as possible. His slogan is "If I don't need to do it, I won't. If I've to do it, I'll do it quickly".
    - As seen above he's incredibly lazy (Even walking some metres in vain isn't suggested), although when onto something he can be incredibly effective (Theoretical matters). This can be seen when it was once stated he indirectly does all of his homework, but also seen directly when he's thinking about matters important to him (Mysteries).
    - He's generally silent and rather facial-expression-less (From what I recall at least).
    - Feels alienated from the rest of the world, which can be seen when he thinks something similar to "No, I'm not like you guys...")
    edit:
    - Doesn't know a lot of people around him (Celebrities, Student couccil president) and everyone are surprised about him not knowing them.
    - Isn't impressed by material goods (E.g. someone showed an impressive car and it didn't trigger much in him).

    There're some other points applying aswell that I can't seem to recall with accuraccy. The only main differences however is that I excel better than him academically (He's an average whereas I'm at the top) but on the other hand once he thinks about something (E.g. solving mysteries) I feel he has an upperhand. I'm not saying I'm incredibly useless at solving mysteries, just that compared to him I can't compete.
    Last edited by Gladius; 02-11-2015 at 03:25 AM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
    @Nicodemus
    Thoughts?

    @Kullervo
    I don't know much about how xNTPs' and xSTJs' argue although they are two of the personality types I've read about in the past. So unfortunately I'm incapable of giving my thoughts.

    @Mal12345
    Any further thoughts you might share?
    INTJ
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27
    Member 00c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
    I'm wondering what makes you think I've a prominent Fe? From my own observation in regards to Fe and Fi, I feel Fi more applying to me based on my own understanding of the functions. Also, about this part.
    Could you clarify what you mean with the above? I'm not entirely sure whether you mean I cautiously state this, if you misinterpreted my sentences or if I misunderstood you entirely. This was what I stated in Qustion 2 in regards to what I dislike most about people:
    So basically if what I stated annoys me in the above translates to Fe-Si, then what makes you think I use a prominent Fe and Si?
    I coloured the not-coherent statements in red.
    Fe because as much as you care about individuality, you don't exactly want everyone to be an individual and reciprocate, but like you. Si because you aren't at all engaged in the physical as a stronger Se would be, but much rather preoccupied with thoughts of how things should be or how you want them to be. Stronger Fi wouldn't care much for how others are and how they are, but much rather their own individuality and put it much ahead of their sentiments towards others. You want people to act as you act even though paradoxically you want them to be individuals.

    Other things I don't like is people who're all about parties during the weekends. People who're asking "What's for next weekend?" and neglects their current duty, e.g. the studies in school. I don't understand why some people are quick to start drinking, start smoking and test out all the kind of intoxicants there is to try out. We humans have our natural needs and if we don't have a need for e.g. tobacco by nature, why make a need? This statement saying "If there's no need for it, why consume it?" was what made people believe me to be an ISTJ as they're quite the teetotalers.
    This is typical boring Si.

    I also don't like over-enthusiastically people who believes their enthusiasm is everyone else's as well. I don't want to be brought to different events that I see no importance in, events that isn't providing me with anything of value and is nothing but a waste of my time. For some reason I'm willed to accept them for being enthusiastic, but they're not willed to accept me for being unenthusiastic about something. They argue the events is for the sake of bonding people closer together, which isn't on my list of importance. But this is something that I can't say aloud of perhaps even think without being alienated by the rest of society. That's why I often feel I need to put up a social-mask at times to be someone I'm not, not as in going against what is right and wrong but more as in hiding my true-self, my true opinions and world views.
    Typical superficial Fe.
    Fe-Ti in whatever order they may be are much less critical outwardly than Te-Fi. Social masks aren't quite Te-Fi.
    NFJ are very much like this as a result of their Fe and accompanying functions and so they are commonly enneagram 4's; they want people to be individuals as much as they think they are, to be less superficial, but fail to realize their own superficiality.
    tumblr
    It's no fun to lose.

  8. #28
    Member Gladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Fe because as much as you care about individuality, you don't exactly want everyone to be an individual and reciprocate, but like you. Si because you aren't at all engaged in the physical as a stronger Se would be, but much rather preoccupied with thoughts of how things should be or how you want them to be. Stronger Fi wouldn't care much for how others are and how they are, but much rather their own individuality and put it much ahead of their sentiments towards others. You want people to act as you act even though paradoxically you want them to be individuals.
    If I use a practical example I feel I'm incapable of debating with quite a lot of people I've come across. Based on this I'd like to say I wish some people were more like me in some aspects, such as open for discussion, reasonable about views and so on. Interestingly these people are the opposite than me though - Active (Full of energy, always up to something), practial (Hands-on, doers), conventional (If I may use Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophy on man and overman, I feel like an Overman surrounded by Man), Action oriented (Snowboarding, driving cars...). But simultaneously I've come to think that since I do lack in various areas myself, e.g. my impracticality to do anything hands-on (I'm only an idea person) I'd not compare to others if they'd have their current traits combined with the strength I see in myself as of now. In fact I'd be the most imcompetent human being on the planet if that were the case. And if everyone were like me (Impractical, full of speculation) nothing would get done. So as you stated in your last sentence: While I wish everyone to be like me, I paradoxically want them to be their own individuals.

    This is typical boring Si.
    I'm not at all engaged in the physical world at all. Left alone I could perhaps live in a basement somewhere for a year without leaving my house. I've that much inward stimulation afterall. And I'm indeed preoccupied with thoughts, I feel my mind is another entity than my body. And more on the original quote now, "This is typical boring Si" is something I get your point on, as I've read similar information about Si myself. Si being the non-adventurous (Avoinding outward stimulation that puts oneself at risk) kind of function that it is. This is only true according to my own understanding of Si though. Therefore I'd like to avoid stating there's no exception in regards Ni-Se users being adventurous since they lack Si. Because stating Se is the 'Wild' and Si the 'Careful' would be like saying there's no exceptions. And as long as there's a possibility of exceptions it should be taken into account, but not as far as anyone can be anything due to the possibility of being an exception.

    Typical superficial Fe.
    Fe-Ti in whatever order they may be are much less critical outwardly than Te-Fi. Social masks aren't quite Te-Fi.
    NFJ are very much like this as a result of their Fe and accompanying functions and so they are commonly enneagram 4's; they want people to be individuals as much as they think they are, to be less superficial, but fail to realize their own superficiality.
    I'm not critical outwardly at all, in fact I'd like myself to get more of a 'bitchy' side to get rid of all the weirdos that I for some reason draw, or used to draw at least. In fact I just do my own things without minding what others do and here I'd like others to do the same aswell, everyone minding themselves, critizes their own actions, find their own faults rather than seeking that in others. However, about Te-Fi not using mask I'd like to question. I've read a few articles about INTJs' for one temporarily putting up social masks to help achieve their goals for instance.

    -----
    @All
    Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated. I'd say that INTP and INTJ have been the only suggestions so far (With ISTJ as a consideration due to E6, unless E6 is mistyped to begin with, which should be taken into consideration). Unfortunately though I still don't feel sure about my type although I've been given help. May other people share their opinions aswell, preferably with some motivations as to why? It's fine just giving the type thought without motivating why, but giving a motivation will make it easier for me to draw firm conclusions and debate to reach a conclusion.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Why are you typed as EII in socionics?

  10. #30
    Member Gladius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII Ni
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Why are you typed as EII in socionics?
    Because that's what I scored based on some online tests. From my last questionnaire I only changed by Ennegaram and Mbti. I never took the time to bother changing my Socionics type, I guess I was too lazy and didn't see it as that important. However, I decided to look more into socionics by switching my last letter with the opposite, e.g. INTP in mbti equals INTJ in socionicz and vice versa. Therefore don't pay too much attention to my socionics type as it's likely incorrect.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 05:46 AM
  2. Confused person visiting from PersonalityCafe
    By Melodrama in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
  3. [ISTP] Are ISTPs the most mysterious/confusing personality type?
    By badger055 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 02:55 PM
  4. INFP or ENFP? ANOTHER confused person :)
    By SpaZZakaZZ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
  5. Another Person Confused About Type
    By Orangey in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO