• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type my best guy friend!

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Hi guys! So I am trying to figure out my best guy friend's type... You see, he's a very shy and complicated. We've known eachother since kindergarten. When we were little, we used to run around on our scooters, and I would drag him into people's backyards and we would talk about life (I would talk... Not him). He has always been a goody two shoes. He hates getting into trouble, and he has never said a curse word. Ever. Meanwhile, I was a rebellious child who wanted to change society and learn the deep things. He is a very observant person who literally knows everything. We both do. He can literally sense everything about me. When I'm in a bad mood, he automatically knows and he's like: you're in a bad mood. I can tell.
Then he doesn't say anything. He knows I'll vent to him and he listens and offers as he calls it, "logical input." He is VERY bad with other's emotions. You can almost never tell how he's feeling, unless its embarrassment . I swear he blushes all the time. ITS SO CUTE AWE. Idk why though. When I tease him
About it he just has this adorable smile and he's so cute even though he's 491001 times taller than me. And no, I don't like him in that way, although everyone says we would be cute. Even his PARENTS tried to set us up *shudder*. I love him, but we know too much and we are too close for a relationship. He is incredibly smart. He is so good at math that it's freaky. On the weekends, he does schoolwork for FUN. He always says no to camping trips and adventure, and I always have to drag him along and at the end, he's smiling so much and I'm like HA I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD HAVE FUN KEEP YO MIND OPEN. He is a very insecure person. He thinks he never shows it but I'm the only one who can tell. He blushes so much! He's so awkward. Whenever I hug him it's so so so cute awe! So yeah, that's him.

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INxx, INTP, INTJ, INFP or INFJ. He's defiantly introverted and shows intuition, but would need to know a bit more. :D

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I agree with NatDormer, getting INxx vibes. Leaning towards INxJ.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ seems really probable and there's no such thing as "too close for a relationship", read that again and really get a feel for how stupid that sounds. Do you want to marry some random deadbeat you hardly really know who sweeps you off your feet on the first encounter (which if you ask me, doesn't count for much, quite contrary to the ignorant belief that first impressions are everything when it's really all superficial) rather than a companionship you've had since forever? That's counter-productive. If you're not marrying your best friend, then who are you marrying? Whatever, though, just an irrelevant little tangent.
I would have had to say he was an INFJ if he were more emotionally expressive, but since he isn't or you play it down a lot, I'd attribute that to the Fi of an INTJ or even an INFP. Him being a goody two shoes would probably coincide with inferior Se although it could be Si instead with his reluctance of any activities. Him just "sensing" everything is quite characteristic of Ni, however, getting a feel about certain things, people, etc. INTJ can be insecure too, any type can be insecure, but I'd say it's rather rare for an INTJ to be, much less look it. They could be insecure, yet still have an aura of confidence due to mannerisms and behavior. His hobbies seem pretty Ni as well.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
INTJ seems really probable and there's no such thing as "too close for a relationship", read that again and really get a feel for how stupid that sounds. Do you want to marry some random deadbeat you hardly really know who sweeps you off your feet on the first encounter (which if you ask me, doesn't count for much, quite contrary to the ignorant belief that first impressions are everything when it's really all superficial) rather than a companionship you've had since forever? That's counter-productive. If you're not marrying your best friend, then who are you marrying? Whatever, though, just an irrelevant little tangent.
I would have had to say he was an INFJ if he were more emotionally expressive, but since he isn't or you play it down a lot, I'd attribute that to the Fi of an INTJ or even an INFP. Him being a goody two shoes would probably coincide with inferior Se although it could be Si instead with his reluctance of any activities. Him just "sensing" everything is quite characteristic of Ni, however, getting a feel about certain things, people, etc. INTJ can be insecure too, any type can be insecure, but I'd say it's rather rare for an INTJ to be, much less look it. They could be insecure, yet still have an aura of confidence due to mannerisms and behavior. His hobbies seem pretty Ni as well.

Yeah I guess so. I've only been in two relationships, both of which have never lasted more than a month. He's super reluctant to open up but I read him like a book lol but it's so cute! He blushes so much I call him tomato face. He has never had more than two people to even hang out with and I'm trying to get him outside and doing stuff. It's possible that we could be in a relationship when we are adults, but relationships are all about mystery and bonding. I don't know why, but the thought of marriage sounds okay if you can easily divorce, but I don't know. I don't know if it's me or the guys I'm in a relationship with, but one of them was a jerk who used me and the other loved another girl and me at the same time. I'm beginning to think that love isn't worth the risk.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] Marriage is okay if you can divorce easily? What? Why waste time getting married at all then or even bothering getting in a relationship in the first place?
Anywho, more information on the dude would help. What's he into? Is he ever passive-aggressive? Does he dress better than average? Does he talk about the past a lot? Is his humor random? etc. etc.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] Marriage is okay if you can divorce easily? What? Why waste time getting married at all then or even bothering getting in a relationship in the first place?
Anywho, more information on the dude would help. What's he into? Is he ever passive-aggressive? Does he dress better than average? Does he talk about the past a lot? Is his humor random? etc. etc.

Hmm good point. I've had very little experience with relationships... Although I do wish I could find a guy who won't take advantage of me. I swear, I attract all the wrong people with good looks and horrible personalities except for one where it was long distance.

He dresses in sweatpants and airplane shirts. I swear-- he has never worn jeans. I don't want to say anything bad about him, so I'll leave his fashion sense out of this. He talks an average amount with me, but whenever he's helping me with math he always talks on and on about logic and science and actually, it's pretty cool how he knows all this stuff. His lack of organization compensates for his superior brain. He is literally one of the smartest people I've met, but he is very sickly. He gets sick so much, and he won't let me come over to bring him soup and stuff. I don't even know the cause or sickness!!! He is more of the serious guy who sits back and let's me crack the jokes and he has this cute giggle. He never laughs loudly...and he gets embarrassed when I laugh super loudly in public. He is never angry or agressive towards me in any way. Actually, I've never seen him express any strong emotion. He and I are total opposites. He literally knows EVERYTHING about how I'm feeling and knows some things that I'd rather not share on the Internet because you don't share that kinda stuff with other people. He is super conventional and I pointed it out to him. He's like yeah I am. I can see how you think that. He always stays super calm even in stressful situations. One time when someone was talking badly about my mom when they shouldn't have, he was the one to calm me down and prevent me from getting beyond pissed and acting on my anger, even though I was angry for a good reason. NO ONE talks badly about my family-- and my friends are family as well.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] He sounds like an INTJ, enneagram 5, maybe sp/sx. A secretly sad (Fi) INTJ, enneagram type 5 sp/sx.
I've read around that happiness is directly associated with the immune system and so people who aren't as happy tend to get sick a lot more often and then I started looking out for the sad people in my life and how often they would get sick and noticed this particular "trend" in an INFJ enneagram type 4 I had a thing with who would get sick constantly, every other week or even every week (type 4's love complications, it's their thrill and Achilles heel), my ESFJ mother who's always sick and always grumpy without real reason and my grandparents who are always complaining about something and only feel that they're doing right when there's something to complain about. Personally, I'm hardly ever sad or emotional and even less am I ever sick and it's not as if I'm cautious of every little thing around me, I do whatever, I used to go out without sweaters in 30 degree weather and wouldn't get sick, although they say that it's actually a myth of catching a cold because it's cold. There's another tangent, woops. INFP is also a possibility with introverted feeling and all and they would be more expressive as a result of their dominant shadow function being extroverted feeling, but I'm leaning more towards INTJ with the love of logic and math and what-not.
Also, I'm not so sure ENFP are exactly rebellious, I'd imagine them to be the very last thing with extroverted sensing being literally the least important function in their lives. Rebelliousness is more of an Se thing. Going out for hikes and adventure is more of an Se thing. Are you sure you're an ENFP? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but you show a lot more Se than Si and Fe than Fi considering you mention outward emotionality, so I'd assume you're much more expressive than he is. INFp in socionics is closer to INFJ, but I'm sure you're an extroverted feeler, so there's that. ENFJ most likely. People who say INFp are not INFJ and can be both are silly, honestly, the quadras are based on the functions that these types share and as such how they communicate with one another and so INFp is predominantly INFJ and INFj is predominantly INFP and INFj (INFP) is the duality of ESTJ and INFp (INFJ) is the duality of ESTP and so it goes for all dualities and intertype relations, but that's a whole other topic.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] He sounds like an INTJ, enneagram 5, maybe sp/sx. A secretly sad (Fi) INTJ, enneagram type 5 sp/sx.
I've read around that happiness is directly associated with the immune system and so people who aren't as happy tend to get sick a lot more often and then I started looking out for the sad people in my life and how often they would get sick and noticed this particular "trend" in an INFJ enneagram type 4 I had a thing with who would get sick constantly, every other week or even every week (type 4's love complications, it's their thrill and Achilles heel), my ESFJ mother who's always sick and always grumpy without real reason and my grandparents who are always complaining about something and only feel that they're doing right when there's something to complain about. Personally, I'm hardly ever sad or emotional and even less am I ever sick and it's not as if I'm cautious of every little thing around me, I do whatever, I used to go out without sweaters in 30 degree weather and wouldn't get sick, although they say that it's actually a myth of catching a cold because it's cold. There's another tangent, woops. INFP is also a possibility with introverted feeling and all and they would be more expressive as a result of their dominant shadow function being extroverted feeling, but I'm leaning more towards INTJ with the love of logic and math and what-not.
Also, I'm not so sure ENFP are exactly rebellious, I'd imagine them to be the very last thing with extroverted sensing being literally the least important function in their lives. Rebelliousness is more of an Se thing. Going out for hikes and adventure is more of an Se thing. Are you sure you're an ENFP? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but you show a lot more Se than Si and Fe than Fi considering you mention outward emotionality, so I'd assume you're much more expressive than he is. INFp in socionics is closer to INFJ, but I'm sure you're an extroverted feeler, so there's that. ENFJ most likely. People who say INFp are not INFJ and can be both are silly, the quadras are based on the functions that these types share and as such how they communicate with one another and so INFp is INFJ and INFj is INFP and INFj (INFP) is the duality of ESTJ and INFp (INFJ) is the duality of ESTP.

Yeah I guess so with the sickness thing. I don't get sick often. The last time I threw up was three years ago... Ugh MBTI is so confusing. I've gotten ENFJ and INFP on socionics, mostly INFP. In MBTI, I'm an ENFP. I'm Definetley a type B while he's a type A. He is always missing school. I'm not sure I'm an ENFJ... Not that smooth. I panic ️Whenever I speak in public. Also, I can't lead. Whenever I'm assigned "leader" because I'm the "smartest" even though everyone is smart in different ways. I have to ask my ENTJ bestie to lead instead lol. Holy crap you know me so well! Yeah I'm so much more expressive and actually, I kinda let people take advantage of me a bit. I always think that they need help but they are just assholes. Everyone says I'm too nice but you can't ever be too nice God.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] I'm sure you're an ENFJ and not an ENFP. INFp are INFJ. In MBTI, ENFJ and INFJ are practically the same except the dominant function is switched with auxiliary and the inferior with tertiary. They're both quite opposite of the ENFP. ENFP are more cautious and more reclusive than other extroverts as a result of their inferior Si and meaningless Se and ENFJ/INFJ are more out there as a result of Fe and Se.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] I'm sure you're an ENFJ and not an ENFP. INFp are INFJ. In MBTI, ENFJ and INFJ are practically the same except the dominant function is switched with auxiliary and the inferior with tertiary. They're both quite opposite of the ENFP. ENFP are more cautious and more reclusive than other extroverts as a result of their inferior Si and meaningless Se and ENFJ/INFJ are more out there as a result of Fe and Se.

Woah trippy. Although, ENFPs are kinda hippies and my friends think I'm a huge hippie. Actually there was a whole incident where someone threatened to hurt themselves and I told an adult and half my "friends" blamed me for their problems and left me. They got into a fight wih me but I didn't get mad and their parents punished hem until they "apologized" with a fake apology and I was like no it's not real shut up

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] ENFJ and INFJ have the capability to be "hippies" too, I would say most dominant feelers would project that image. The NFJ I know tend to want to "change the world" for the better, but in contrast to how an NTJ would, which would be more for personal gain (Fe vs Fi), the NFJ would endorse equality, transvestism, gender pronoun hullabaloo, consider themselves activists even though they may not treat individual people as well even though they want to serve the whole of humanity for the greater good. That's not to say NTJ wouldn't support those endeavors, they just wouldn't be actively fighting for it as much as NFJs would, they'd rather much seek intellectual pursuits or things which would individually benefit them. ENFP take themselves a lot less seriously and I do mean a lot, so much less seriously.
To put me in contrast to the INFJ I was close to, her tumblr was really centered around loving the world, peace & love, equality for all, yadda yadda, it was cool, I suppose, but she was never really personally like that with me and she was known for not being zoned in on a single person emotionally, I like tumblr for the aesthetics and would rather not push that social justice stuff down other peoples throats and art's just much more accommodating in general. Maybe that will help contrasting you two. NT vs NF.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] ENFJ and INFJ have the capability to be "hippies" too, I would say most dominant feelers would project that image. The NFJ I know tend to want to "change the world" for the better, but in contrast to how an NTJ would, which would be more for personal gain (Fe vs Fi), the NFJ would endorse equality, transvestism, gender pronoun hullabaloo, consider themselves activists even though they may not treat individual people as well as they want to serve the whole of humanity. That's not to say NTJ wouldn't support it, they just wouldn't be actively fighting for it as much as NFJs would. ENFP take themselves a lot less seriously and I do mean a lot, so much less seriously.

Good point. Although I'm kinda messy, so I guess I'm a P. I also can never keep a schedule. Oh and I took a socionics test and was split evenly between ENFj and INFp

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] ENFJ and INFJ have the capability to be "hippies" too, I would say most dominant feelers would project that image. The NFJ I know tend to want to "change the world" for the better, but in contrast to how an NTJ would, which would be more for personal gain (Fe vs Fi), the NFJ would endorse equality, transvestism, gender pronoun hullabaloo, consider themselves activists even though they may not treat individual people as well even though they want to serve the whole of humanity for the greater good. That's not to say NTJ wouldn't support those endeavors, they just wouldn't be actively fighting for it as much as NFJs would, they'd rather much seek intellectual pursuits or things which would individually benefit them. ENFP take themselves a lot less seriously and I do mean a lot, so much less seriously.
To put me in contrast to the INFJ I was close to, her tumblr was really centered around loving the world, peace & love, equality for all, yadda yadda, it was cool, I suppose, but she was never really personally like that with me and she was known for not being zoned in on a single person, I like tumblr for the aesthetics and would rather not push that social justice stuff down other peoples throats and art's just much more accommodating in general. Maybe that will help contrasting you two. NT vs NF.

*eyes snap open* DID SOMEONE SAY TUMBLR?!? I live on tumblr. If you want to check it out, it's: bandsarejustbetter
Yeah I post equal rights stuff and poems and photography so yeah... Oh and I act totally different with different people. Everyone thinks I'm faking it, but it's just different sides of me. I don't even know who I am because I kinda mold into that other person...

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good point. Although I'm kinda messy, so I guess I'm a P. I also can never keep a schedule. Oh and I took a socionics test and was split evenly between ENFj and INFp
*eyes snap open* DID SOMEONE SAY TUMBLR?!? I live on tumblr. If you want to check it out, it's: bandsarejustbetter
Yeah I post equal rights stuff and poems and photography so yeah... Oh and I act totally different with different people. Everyone thinks I'm faking it, but it's just different sides of me. I don't even know who I am because I kinda mold into that other person...

Messiness has not to do with P, lol, probably more to do with a weak Se which ENFJ and INFJ have. However ENFP has it the weakest so they would probably be one of the messier types considering that out of 8 total functions, Se is their last and so they also may perhaps be one of the most docile. There's a certain superficiality to Fe, yeah, definitely. Se is also preoccupied with the material, therefore those who have it above Si would be more interested in clothing and aesthetically pleasing things and nice colognes, perfumes and taking care of how they look to a higher degree than someone with a stronger Si which cares about the past more than the present, memories, dreams, tradition.
Like I said before, INFp is INFJ and whoever says otherwise debate me on the fact that quadras and duality are based on similar functions. You're much more likely to be an NFJ as ENFj is ENFJ and INFp is INFJ. I know an INFP and also an ISFP and they're both dominant Fi and they couldn't give a rats ass about social justice and if they do, they don't really care to show it and an ENFP would probably care even less about social justice and more about funny things that tickle their Ne.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Messiness has not to do with P, lol, probably more to do with a weak Se which ENFJ and INFJ have. However ENFP has it the weakest so they would probably be one of the messier types considering that out of 8 total functions, Se is their last and so they also may perhaps be one of the most docile. There's a certain superficiality to Fe, yeah, definitely. Se is also preoccupied with the material, therefore those who have it above Si would be more interested in clothing and aesthetically pleasing things and nice colognes, perfumes and taking care of how they look to a higher degree than someone with a stronger Si which cares about the past more than the present, memories, dreams, tradition.
Like I said before, INFp is INFJ and whoever says otherwise debate me on the fact that quadras and duality are based on similar functions. You're much more likely to be an NFJ as ENFj is ENFJ and INFp is INFJ. I know an INFP and also an ISFP and they're both dominant Fi and they couldn't give a rats ass about social justice and if they do, they don't really care to show it and an ENFP would probably care even less about social justice and more about funny things that tickle their Ne.

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!! Ok so def not an nfp of any kind at all. I get TOO INVOLVED in social justice to the point where I argue and debate with people lol. I also kinda stand up too much for people who can't stand up for themselves. Despite that, I'm actually not all that nosy like an ENFJ. I don't even have to try. I know too much about people in a split second but I wish I didn't. Yeah and I kinda like fashion, but I never have time lol. I swear everyone thinks I'm an extrovert just because I care about people and I just walk up to people and counsel them but I get so tired and need a breather. My family gets annoyed when I don't spend time with them when I'm just tired lol. Is that the same with you entjs? You guys are pretty cool. Most of my friends are entjs. They are literally super badass and stand up for me before I can do so myself lololol

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] [MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION] I beg to differ. ENFPs are totally into social justice. In fact, it's a pretty well-known association. It's precisely the Fi that enables that, it enables a very strong empathy for the disaffected, the underdogs and the powerless of the world

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION=23956]Mychemicalkilljoy[/MENTION] [MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION] I beg to differ. ENFPs are totally into social justice. In fact, it's a pretty well-known association. It's precisely the Fi that enables that, it enables a very strong empathy for the disaffected, the underdogs and the powerless of the world

OoooH cool :) I don't know who to believe. Maybe With more people's opinions, it would be more accurate to see who's right then. I remain neutral.