User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENFJ or INFJ?

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Default ENFJ or INFJ?

Hey guys. I'm confused to whether I'm an ENFJ or INFJ. It would be great if you could help, but I don't want to impose...
    Ok, so I have taken numerous socionics tests and got almost equal for ENFJ and INFJ. Lately, INFJ is the more common one. I also feel like I can relate more to an INFJ, but then again, it is only 1% of the population... And that possibility is incredibly slim. Pretty much everyone thinks I'm an extrovert and a perceiver, though. I like a loose (not strict) schedule, but I am not naturally organized. I stand up for what I believe in, even if it means conflict. It is very hard to get me angry. I don't know why, but I'm like a counselor for my group of people that I socialize with. However, I only have 5 or 6 friends that I trust and I know are true. We joke around, but we also talk and debate about global issues that need to be resolved, usually ending up with me crying over the state of the world and rambling on about volunteering at an animal shelter. When people meet me, I actually am outgoing... So I don't know... Am I an extrovert? Oh and I know pretty much everything about people without having them tell me. I have to go help a friend with something. Thanks so much!
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

hi
    well its easy, do you recharge by socializing or by spending time alone?

if i am alone for longer time (even 2nd day is a problem) i become very tired. Being alone drains my batteries.
    And its important do you like talking to strangers or colleagues and not only those close friends

it doesnt matter if ppl think you're an extravert - perhaps you have good social skills and can be 'on' , but important thing is if you need to go home and recharge after that.
    most E types need to recharge but that is extremely little time, and sometimes in order to reflect and not because of energy (ENFP), we dont become so angry when people cant leave us alone as I know my INFP or INFJ friends become.
    I have INFJ frind i thought she's an extravert, but she claims she is totally certain she's INFJ and says INFJs can appear extraverted

I'd guess you're maybe enneagram 3, which can make a more extraverted INFJ... (you say 2w3 so either a 3 or a 2). Look at Vicky Jo, she is INFJ and 3. she sounds extremely extraverted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

another way to type you is to see if we get along i get along very well with INFJs but ENFJs usually just irk me in the wrong way.

Still think you're ENFP. Can't explain why I think that.

Word of advice, try the Member Picture Thread. Visual ID isn't perfect but it can still be used to kinda narrow down a few possible types.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't think you are either.

I'd bet you're ENFP/IEE enneagram 7 but only you know in the end.

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    hi
    well its easy, do you recharge by socializing or by spending time alone?

if i am alone for longer time (even 2nd day is a problem) i become very tired. Being alone drains my batteries.
    And its important do you like talking to strangers or colleagues and not only those close friends

it doesnt matter if ppl think you're an extravert - perhaps you have good social skills and can be 'on' , but important thing is if you need to go home and recharge after that.
    most E types need to recharge but that is extremely little time, and sometimes in order to reflect and not because of energy (ENFP), we dont become so angry when people cant leave us alone as I know my INFP or INFJ friends become.
    I have INFJ frind i thought she's an extravert, but she claims she is totally certain she's INFJ and says INFJs can appear extraverted

I'd guess you're maybe enneagram 3, which can make a more extraverted INFJ... (you say 2w3 so either a 3 or a 2). Look at Vicky Jo, she is INFJ and 3. she sounds extremely extraverted.
    Hmmm... I need time to relax and be alone. I kinda shut all the bad people out of my life. Thanks so much for your help though!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Still think you're ENFP. Can't explain why I think that.

Word of advice, try the Member Picture Thread. Visual ID isn't perfect but it can still be used to kinda narrow down a few possible types.

Oooh mysterious thanks for the help! Have a lovely day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I don't think you are either.

I'd bet you're ENFP/IEE enneagram 7 but only you know in the end.
    Although, it is better to see ourselves from multiple perspectives. Thanks and have a dreamy day (see what I did there)?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

i didnt get enfp vibe for sure

maybe infp but i doubt, you said you're hard to piss off. No NFP is hard to piss off

you said you're hard to piss off. No NFP is hard to piss off
    A few months ago all the internet cliches said ENFPs say shit like "UR SO QT WEN UR ANGREE XD XD XD" and that they're the "chillest people alive" and now these same people are spamming the opposite.

We're gonna need vastly different criteria.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    A few months ago all the internet cliches said ENFPs say shit like "UR SO QT WEN UR ANGREE XD XD XD" and that they're the "chillest people alive" and now these same people are spamming the opposite.

We're gonna need vastly different criteria.
    r
    who?! what? i dont follow you.
    INFPs are extremely easy to piss off (ok maybe 9s not but other INFPs yep). ENFPs are quite easy to piss off but they'll not take it so srsly and personally, but will react. OP said she is extremely hard to piss of which would mean she is either 9, or not NFP

r
    who?! what? i dont follow you.
    INFPs are extremely easy to piss off (ok maybe 9s not but other INFPs yep). ENFPs are quite easy to piss off but they'll not take it so srsly and personally, but will react. OP said she is extremely hard to piss of which would mean she is either 9, or not NFP

The vibe I've been getting from all the confirmed IEE ENFps on this site is that they're the chillest people alive who don't give a shit if a Chicxulub blows their asses to high hell. And I've heard a lot of Ne-centric circlejerks bitching about how Introverted Sensors are too rigid and quick to anger and that Extroverted Sensors are shallow plastics.
    From my observations, Se hits you with eternal antimatter explosions, Ne is a wormy blobby floating slug in a vacuum, Ti is a douche but a fair douche who plays by the rules, and Fi is a bitch but will love you if you're the underdog.

Fi-types are the more prone to taking insults personally, ESPECIALLY when their Te is strong. Fe-types will take issue if you're consistently doing something they deem inappropriate but they'll by friendly with you when you stop doing it.

It's called a Merry vs. Serious dichotomy. Serious types use Fi/Te and Merry types use Fe/Ti (order of function does not matter, only preference.)
    Merry

Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    'Getting to know someone' happens naturally, and they are well aware of the purpose(s) for which they are meeting. The proper emotional distance is easily established, adapted/regulated, and manipulated, and they easily decrease distance through their emotional 'brilliance'. A person's name (and other formalities) are peripheral to their relation with and interest in them, and thus they don't care much about formal introductions.
    Not inclined to deduce 'objective truths' from their own and others' experiences – everything is relative. This relativity is perceived as an extenuation of the differing beliefs, opinions, intentions, etc. of each person. Accordingly, another person's actions are judged as correct or incorrect according to a set of subjective criteria. They attempt to compare others' views to their own, and to explain their own views in order to make sure that all parties understand the concepts being spoken of
    They are inclined to propose (or impose) another conception of the situation ('look at it this way'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they will ask WHY it was done that way. When talking about optimums, they are inclined to do it subjectively ('optimum compared to what?')
    “Fun is involvement, active participation; a state of constant excitement that one cannot confuse with leisure or rest.” “I have my own ideas about how things should be done – a 'mind of my own' – but so does everyone else.”

Serious

Bad at noticing emotional background and do not separate the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') from the activity.
    Acquaintance with others is established by ritual (e.g., introduction), and they prefer if the context of interaction is externally set (eg, by a mediator (think 'arranged marriages') or situation) so that they can skip the first phases and begin closer interaction. They approach others through stages defined by 'rules' and 'rituals', which may be created by themselves and/or already existing; thus, they are very aware of the stages of the process of acquaintance – e.g., when a person is no longer a stranger. The title, name, and any other information about the other person are considered important, and for this reason formal introduction is important
    Inclined to believe there are 'objective truths' – the truth is not always relative. Therefore, they believe that there are two types of actions/perspectives: those which are subjective (connected with personal preferences and motivations) and those which are objective (only one 'correct' or 'best' way of doing something). Whether something is correct or not is judged by comparing it with what they see as 'objectively correct'. In disagreement, they first attempt to make sure that the other person understands the concepts and terms 'correctly'.
    They are inclined to offer (or impose) what they see as the 'best' or 'correct' way of doing something ('it should be done like this'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they ask WHO did it that way. When speaking of optimums, they are inclined to do so objectively (the 'absolute' optimum)