• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFJ or INFJ?

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Hey guys. I'm confused to whether I'm an ENFJ or INFJ. It would be great if you could help, but I don't want to impose...
Ok, so I have taken numerous socionics tests and got almost equal for ENFJ and INFJ. Lately, INFJ is the more common one. I also feel like I can relate more to an INFJ, but then again, it is only 1% of the population... And that possibility is incredibly slim. Pretty much everyone thinks I'm an extrovert and a perceiver, though. I like a loose (not strict) schedule, but I am not naturally organized. I stand up for what I believe in, even if it means conflict. It is very hard to get me angry. I don't know why, but I'm like a counselor for my group of people that I socialize with. However, I only have 5 or 6 friends that I trust and I know are true. We joke around, but we also talk and debate about global issues that need to be resolved, usually ending up with me crying over the state of the world and rambling on about volunteering at an animal shelter. When people meet me, I actually am outgoing... So I don't know... Am I an extrovert? Oh and I know pretty much everything about people without having them tell me. I have to go help a friend with something. Thanks so much!

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hi
well its easy, do you recharge by socializing or by spending time alone?

if i am alone for longer time (even 2nd day is a problem) i become very tired. Being alone drains my batteries.
And its important do you like talking to strangers or colleagues and not only those close friends

it doesnt matter if ppl think you're an extravert - perhaps you have good social skills and can be 'on' , but important thing is if you need to go home and recharge after that.
most E types need to recharge but that is extremely little time, and sometimes in order to reflect and not because of energy (ENFP), we dont become so angry when people cant leave us alone as I know my INFP or INFJ friends become.
I have INFJ frind i thought she's an extravert, but she claims she is totally certain she's INFJ and says INFJs can appear extraverted

I'd guess you're maybe enneagram 3, which can make a more extraverted INFJ... (you say 2w3 so either a 3 or a 2). Look at Vicky Jo, she is INFJ and 3. she sounds extremely extraverted.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
another way to type you is to see if we get along :D i get along very well with INFJs but ENFJs usually just irk me in the wrong way. :happy2::D

Cygnus

Still think you're ENFP. Can't explain why I think that.

Word of advice, try the Member Picture Thread. Visual ID isn't perfect but it can still be used to kinda narrow down a few possible types.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you are either.

I'd bet you're ENFP/IEE enneagram 7 but only you know in the end.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
hi
well its easy, do you recharge by socializing or by spending time alone?

if i am alone for longer time (even 2nd day is a problem) i become very tired. Being alone drains my batteries.
And its important do you like talking to strangers or colleagues and not only those close friends

it doesnt matter if ppl think you're an extravert - perhaps you have good social skills and can be 'on' , but important thing is if you need to go home and recharge after that.
most E types need to recharge but that is extremely little time, and sometimes in order to reflect and not because of energy (ENFP), we dont become so angry when people cant leave us alone as I know my INFP or INFJ friends become.
I have INFJ frind i thought she's an extravert, but she claims she is totally certain she's INFJ and says INFJs can appear extraverted

I'd guess you're maybe enneagram 3, which can make a more extraverted INFJ... (you say 2w3 so either a 3 or a 2). Look at Vicky Jo, she is INFJ and 3. she sounds extremely extraverted.

Hmmm... I need time to relax and be alone. I kinda shut all the bad people out of my life. Thanks so much for your help though!

- - - Updated - - -

Still think you're ENFP. Can't explain why I think that.

Word of advice, try the Member Picture Thread. Visual ID isn't perfect but it can still be used to kinda narrow down a few possible types.

Oooh mysterious :) thanks for the help! Have a lovely day

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you are either.

I'd bet you're ENFP/IEE enneagram 7 but only you know in the end.

Although, it is better to see ourselves from multiple perspectives. Thanks and have a dreamy day (see what I did there)?

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i didnt get enfp vibe for sure

maybe infp but i doubt, you said you're hard to piss off. No NFP is hard to piss off :D :D

Cygnus

you said you're hard to piss off. No NFP is hard to piss off :D :D

A few months ago all the internet cliches said ENFPs say shit like "UR SO QT WEN UR ANGREE XD XD XD" and that they're the "chillest people alive" and now these same people are spamming the opposite.

We're gonna need vastly different criteria.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A few months ago all the internet cliches said ENFPs say shit like "UR SO QT WEN UR ANGREE XD XD XD" and that they're the "chillest people alive" and now these same people are spamming the opposite.

We're gonna need vastly different criteria.
r
who?! what? i dont follow you.
INFPs are extremely easy to piss off (ok maybe 9s not but other INFPs yep). ENFPs are quite easy to piss off but they'll not take it so srsly and personally, but will react. OP said she is extremely hard to piss of which would mean she is either 9, or not NFP

Cygnus

r
who?! what? i dont follow you.
INFPs are extremely easy to piss off (ok maybe 9s not but other INFPs yep). ENFPs are quite easy to piss off but they'll not take it so srsly and personally, but will react. OP said she is extremely hard to piss of which would mean she is either 9, or not NFP

The vibe I've been getting from all the confirmed IEE ENFps on this site is that they're the chillest people alive who don't give a shit if a Chicxulub blows their asses to high hell. And I've heard a lot of Ne-centric circlejerks bitching about how Introverted Sensors are too rigid and quick to anger and that Extroverted Sensors are shallow plastics.
From my observations, Se hits you with eternal antimatter explosions, Ne is a wormy blobby floating slug in a vacuum, Ti is a douche but a fair douche who plays by the rules, and Fi is a bitch but will love you if you're the underdog.

Fi-types are the more prone to taking insults personally, ESPECIALLY when their Te is strong. Fe-types will take issue if you're consistently doing something they deem inappropriate but they'll by friendly with you when you stop doing it.

It's called a Merry vs. Serious dichotomy. Serious types use Fi/Te and Merry types use Fe/Ti (order of function does not matter, only preference.)
Merry

Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
'Getting to know someone' happens naturally, and they are well aware of the purpose(s) for which they are meeting. The proper emotional distance is easily established, adapted/regulated, and manipulated, and they easily decrease distance through their emotional 'brilliance'. A person's name (and other formalities) are peripheral to their relation with and interest in them, and thus they don't care much about formal introductions.
Not inclined to deduce 'objective truths' from their own and others' experiences – everything is relative. This relativity is perceived as an extenuation of the differing beliefs, opinions, intentions, etc. of each person. Accordingly, another person's actions are judged as correct or incorrect according to a set of subjective criteria. They attempt to compare others' views to their own, and to explain their own views in order to make sure that all parties understand the concepts being spoken of
They are inclined to propose (or impose) another conception of the situation ('look at it this way'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they will ask WHY it was done that way. When talking about optimums, they are inclined to do it subjectively ('optimum compared to what?')
“Fun is involvement, active participation; a state of constant excitement that one cannot confuse with leisure or rest.” “I have my own ideas about how things should be done – a 'mind of my own' – but so does everyone else.”

Serious

Bad at noticing emotional background and do not separate the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') from the activity.
Acquaintance with others is established by ritual (e.g., introduction), and they prefer if the context of interaction is externally set (eg, by a mediator (think 'arranged marriages') or situation) so that they can skip the first phases and begin closer interaction. They approach others through stages defined by 'rules' and 'rituals', which may be created by themselves and/or already existing; thus, they are very aware of the stages of the process of acquaintance – e.g., when a person is no longer a stranger. The title, name, and any other information about the other person are considered important, and for this reason formal introduction is important
Inclined to believe there are 'objective truths' – the truth is not always relative. Therefore, they believe that there are two types of actions/perspectives: those which are subjective (connected with personal preferences and motivations) and those which are objective (only one 'correct' or 'best' way of doing something). Whether something is correct or not is judged by comparing it with what they see as 'objectively correct'. In disagreement, they first attempt to make sure that the other person understands the concepts and terms 'correctly'.
They are inclined to offer (or impose) what they see as the 'best' or 'correct' way of doing something ('it should be done like this'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they ask WHO did it that way. When speaking of optimums, they are inclined to do so objectively (the 'absolute' optimum)

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
umm, infps are chill before you cross their personal values but they will get angry if its something against their values, in private relationships. it's different in public, you didnt get the chance to hurt them privately.

that's my impressions of few INFPs i got to know very well, they often complain. but they are chill until you dont get to be part of their inner world. INFP i know that is hard to piss is 9.

what i actually wanted to say about OP is that NFPs are complicated creatures and she didnt describe herself much complicated, especially about emotions. There is something structured in the way she wrote OP, that i dont see in NFPs. And I see in INFJs. i have a few infj friends, i admire that type a lot, they are really hard to piss.

maybee better word than piss is that they are highly selective about who they like. and what they like. less agreeable than INFJs.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
umm, infps are chill before you cross their personal values but they will get angry if its something against their values, in private relationships. it's different in public, you didnt get the chance to hurt them privately.

that's my impressions of few INFPs i got to know very well, they often complain. but they are chill until you dont get to be part of their inner world. INFP i know that is hard to piss is 9.

what i actually wanted to say about OP is that NFPs are complicated creatures and she didnt describe herself much complicated, especially about emotions. There is something structured in the way she wrote OP, that i dont see in NFPs. And I see in INFJs. i have a few infj friends, i admire that type a lot, they are really hard to piss.

maybee better word than piss is that they are highly selective about who they like. and what they like. less agreeable than INFJs.

I honestly would express how I'm feeling but I never know. It's so weird how I can read people like a book and have these creepy accurate visions but I don't even know lol. My friends say I can't hurt a fly but HA. I can but I never show my anger...ever. That literally starts an all out cat fight when I get mad for some reason... I'm not an infj because they are one percent of the population and I'm most likely any other type... Thanks guys for helping though!

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an Fe-dom. How many times does you being an ENFJ have to be repeated to you? Don't say you're not something just because it's rare, that's silly, but still not as silly as those who instantly label themselves as such because it is considered "rare". Fi isn't present, Ne isn't present, Si isn't present, Te isn't present; I don't know where they get NFP from.
You seem much more motivated in your actions by Fe rather than Ni which is what would determine whether you're extroverted/introverted. You mention emotions you show and even take the time to mention others expression or lack thereof in practically every single post and how you get "feelings" every now and then (Fe-Ni). Not to mention your determination to "keep the peace". Harmony seeking is what Fe is although it can play the opposite as well and intend to simply play with others feelings via emotion or whatever.
I'd wager to say all your indecisiveness is a result of your inferior Ti and basically devilish nonexistent Te when the facts are pretty much right there in front of you.
I don't know why I bother, you'll probably go make another thread after this one after retaking several tests and second-guessing yourself again.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJs are more serious, concise, and business-like in their interactions, due to Ni-Ti's prominence. They also dislike confrontation and shy away from social interaction. Contrary to popular descriptions, there is NO WAY you could mistake an INFJ for an extrovert; there is not one smidgen of extroversion in them.

ENFJs, on the other hand, use Fe-Se in a prominent role. Their interaction style is more personable and playful; less business-like. ENFJs grow visibly impatient with others, and quickly confront people who frustrate them. They love social interaction and seek it out, approaching new people with ease.

I hope this helps.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs are more serious, concise, and business-like in their interactions, due to Ni-Ti's prominence. They also dislike confrontation and shy away from social interaction. Contrary to popular descriptions, there is NO WAY you could mistake an INFJ for an extrovert; there is not one smidgen of extroversion in them.

ENFJs, on the other hand, use Fe-Se in a prominent role. Their interaction style is more personable and playful; less business-like. ENFJs grow visibly impatient with others, and quickly confront people who frustrate them. They love social interaction and seek it out, approaching new people with ease.

I hope this helps.

Fe-Se is Fe-Se; they're the most social functions. Inversely, Ne-Te as are ENFP are often coined as reclusive. Yes, they can be confused for extroverts. The extroverted functions one uses are the most apparent in social engagement in person and how they decide to interact, the introverted ones are not, those occur internally as per the word 'introverted'.

á´…eparted

passages
I mean no ill intent by this, but 14 is too young to figure out ones personality type. You're going to grow and change quite a bit over the next 10 years or so (it's said that personality effectively settles/solidifies around 25), and in all likelyhood will be rather different than how you are now.

That's not to say it's impossible to be typed, it's just unlikely to be accurate for some time.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I mean no ill intent by this, but 14 is too young to figure out ones personality type. You're going to grow and change quite a bit over the next 10 years or so (it's said that personality effectively settles/solidifies around 25), and in all likelyhood will be rather different than how you are now.

That's not to say it's impossible to be typed, it's just unlikely to be accurate for some time.

Holy shit how do you know my age? And I guess so... But I've always been an NF (except for INFP)...

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Fe-Se is Fe-Se; they're the most social functions. Inversely, Ne-Te as are ENFP are often coined as reclusive. Yes, they can be confused for extroverts. The extroverted functions one uses are the most apparent in social engagement in person and how they decide to interact, the introverted ones are not, those occur internally as per the word 'introverted'.

I know where you're coming from, but it's a concept (originally coined by Myers, I think) that I personally disagree with. If true, it would reduce MBTI to eight personalities as opposed to sixteen, being that the introverts would be utterly indistinguishable from the extroverts in their attitude toward the external world.

For introverts, the introverted functions are their comfort zone; not just their mental life. The same is true for extroverts and extroverted functions.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I know where you're coming from, but it's a concept (originally coined by Myers, I think) that I personally disagree with. If true, it would reduce MBTI to eight personalities as opposed to sixteen, being that the introverts would be utterly indistinguishable from the extroverts in their attitude toward the external world.

For introverts, the introverted functions are their comfort zone; not just their mental life. The same is true for extroverts and extroverted functions.

Ohhhhhh that makes so much more sense!