• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Youtubers and Stereotypes

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. I was just kinda offended by the remarks he made. Sorry for my "meltdown." I was having a crappy day and that was no excuse to let it out on you guys.

Last edited:

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
And I'm sorry to cause conflict like this, but I feel like it has to be done. If you have any problems, let me know. Hopefully, we can change humanity together!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
he used to be a member here and got banned FOREVER. i think he is a little, if not very, nuts. i'd never watched his videos until a couple weeks ago and the last few were very concerning. but he is very confident in expressing his opinions and that's all that some people need to accept an idea as truth.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
these are the two i watched. he seems quite delusional in them.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
these are the two i watched. he seems quite delusional in them.

He was hurt. He sounded super depressed in the last one. He felt alone and unloved, and that is the worst feeling one can have. Imagine yourself in his place. You have always been a very charming, reckless estp, who loves to live life. In the short term, this is great. You are a badass who is the boss. Everything is perfect. You have a lover as well as many others crushing on you, you get to do daring things hat no one else could. This continues on... Until it goes downhill in college. Work has to be done. However, being the fun ESTP you are, you have to wait until the last minute! Weeks pass and soon enough, only one day is left before that month long paper for half your grade is due-- and you haven't even started! Panic strikes you, but only for a second. Adrenaline is what you live for. You manage to crank that paper out in the nick of time! You run to the class, your speed scaring the passer by. The teacher looks surprised to see you in a panic. The usually calm student was in a rush-- oh no! He finds out that you procrastinated! He can tell by the sloppiness. You fail the class. This happens many times until you drop out. You are done with school. No more homework! You set off on your own to begin a whole new adventure. The only problem is, you need money-- and you need it NOW. You start to search for quick jobs that don't require much commitment. An easy option for an ESTP. However, those jobs don't meet even your basic needs. You hop from place to place, never staying for more than a year. It is a daring lifestyle that keeps you on your toes, but after a while, you realize that your life is going nowhere. All you are doing is hopping from place to place, not fuffillung your Se needs of really experiencing life. You begin to feel hopeless. You start to lose your sense of self. You have no one who knows you on a personal scale, so you have to rely on personality tests online. You find one that catches your eye--MBTI. You take it once, and many times more. It sucks you in like a vortex. Soon enough, you're into Socionics, Enneagram, and Big Five. It absorbs you. You realize who you are-- an ESTP, and a very good one. You feel warm inside. You finally know who you truly are. Now, you want to share your newfound knowledge with the world, so you become a life coach. You post videos that show who you are-- so what if they are biased? It makes you happy. Soon, feedback pours in, both compliments and hate. You focus on the hate. It absorbs you into a world without love. This hate slowly develops into a pessimistic attitude, and eventually, you become depressed. You don't know what to do. Your life slowly spinning out of control, the main fear of an enneagram 8 (which EJ is). Fear strikes you in the back like a dagger. Emotions full your head that you don't know how to deal with. 'How am I feeling?' You think. You don't know. Yet again, the hate consumes you like a monster. You fall, and this time, you can't just sit back and let it swallow you. You fight back and try to solve the problem like estps do best--with logic. To remove the hate, cut it off from the source. The source is media, the videos. THE VIDEOS! You post a video saying our last goodbye. You try to hide your emotion, but your voice gives it all away. You sound depressed--and this time, you are. Maybe life will get better, but you can never know for sure.

*THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE I AM JUST TRYING TO GIVE A PERSPECTIVE*

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I actually watched quite a bit of his videos before he went a lil cray. I didn't even know anything about his last couple vids until some days ago but yeah those seemed weird. Couldn't tell if he was trolling or seriously not okay or really trying to find himself. My guess is a combination of all of those, seems like he's going through a tough time and genuinely trying to work through it but also covering up some of his feelings through humour.

Before that though when he would make fun of the types it was all in good fun to me, I didn't see it as anything terrible, he just seemed like a huge joker that loves to troll and entertain others, usually with stereotypes about the different types.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey guys! Lately, I've been watching this Youtuber called EjArendee. He sounds very smart, but he can be incredibly harsh towards other types. I think he just wants to make a joke and get the attention and love that he needs, because I honestly think he lacks that in his life. The thing is, he bashes other types so brutally. I'm probably not an infj because they're like 1% of the population and all. He takes his jokes too far, saying that infjs are lazy and can't "bring their goals to fruition." He says that Intjs are total jerks and have a heart colder than ice. He says that Infps are sobby idiots who don't know a thing about reality. He bashes anyone and everyone. Normally, I wouldn't react so strongly. The reason for this is because he is probably not accurate. He twists things into a warped view. Now, I'm not saying that he is a spawn of satan. I'm saying that he has maybe had a traumatic experience. That's probably it. He is a lost soul trying to find a place in this world. Ok since I got a little off topic, back to infjs. Every website out there has a totally different take on them. This may not be true. Who is more accurate and how can we prove this theory correct? So far, I can't tell. Anyone want to help solve this case?

Yeah, I think I understand it well. My dad is an ESTP, and he was probably a lot like this guy when he was young. He underwent a conversion to Christianity which was quite tumultuous and transformative, as well.

I'm biased because of that, but I don't take anything that guy says against people seriously. I think I understand his viewpoint, and trust me, looking out at the world as he sees it, stuff happens just like he says. Of course he does some 'presentation' too, but that's for himself as much as it is the audience. Sometimes he's cheering himself up, other times he's just having fun going over the top; it varies by his mood.

He really likes INFJs. He is harsh-sounding about them because that's how that type is with stuff it cares about. If he didn't care, he would be mildly polite in person, or just ignore you.

On his view being warped. I don't think that's any less true of anyone else. Unless you are just repeating what you hear Jung said, original contributions will always be slanted to fit the strengths of your type and not the weaknesses.

I have low Fi, but ESTPs have even less; it's basically non-existent. Anyone like that will tend to look harsh when they share their opinion, and they also will have a hard time with sympathy and just generally understanding what people's motives are. It's a glaring blind spot, but everyone has one.

I have a couple of blind spots at Si and Fe. Now, this may not be true for every NTJ, but my taste in clothes apparently doesn't exist, I don't care for myself beyond necessities that well, or really view it as important (I have a vague feeling that it is admirable and shows I'm not shallow that I don't care about comfort, or at least can't create it), and I'm definitely secretly proud and yet ashamed that I don't care about Fe or 'shallow' social conventions.

I imagine you might have blind spots around Ti and Se?

INFPs have next to no Se. Which is basically real life. DJArendee is an Se dom. So their weakness is glaringly obvious and looks super important to him.

INFJs are his dual. Their dom is his inferior, and vice versa. If I compare to my dual, ISFP and SFP generally, I get super-annoyed at their Fi, although at the same time, esp with ISFP, it's mesmerizing like a candle to a moth if I get too close.

Way too long . . .

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRUE I AM JUST TRYING TO GIVE A PERSPECTIVE*

No, you actually have a pretty decent idea of it there. Just add in a little more religion. ESTPs are apparently often very unstable and reckless in their youth; I've known many of them, and only one looked more or less stable before 30.

The thing is, lots of people target them because their low Fi makes them look like a threat; at least, maybe it is Se dom combined with low Fi, but anyway they get targeted; their weak N is a problem, and unlike the other Se dom, they don't really use Te, so they aren't naturally always able to see where 'the attack' is coming from. So even if they only get attacked an average number of times, they might not understand it well or how to prevent it, which leads to a vicious cycle.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I actually watched quite a bit of his videos before he went a lil cray. I didn't even know anything about his last couple vids until some days ago but yeah those seemed weird. Couldn't tell if he was trolling or seriously not okay or really trying to find himself. My guess is a combination of all of those, seems like he's going through a tough time and genuinely trying to work through it but also covering up some of his feelings through humour.

Before that though when he would make fun of the types it was all in good fun to me, I didn't see it as anything terrible, he just seemed like a huge joker that loves to troll and entertain others, usually with stereotypes about the different types.

He is not okay. It's super apperant. He has unhealthy behavior and he feels lonely. He feels like the world has turned against him. This is evident in both his Zombie Slave video and his Goodbye video. He is a VERY unstable person. He is smart, but he went mad.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
[MENTION][/MENTION]
Yeah, I think I understand it well. My dad is an ESTP, and he was probably a lot like this guy when he was young. He underwent a conversion to Christianity which was quite tumultuous and transformative, as well.

I'm biased because of that, but I don't take anything that guy says against people seriously. I think I understand his viewpoint, and trust me, looking out at the world as he sees it, stuff happens just like he says. Of course he does some 'presentation' too, but that's for himself as much as it is the audience. Sometimes he's cheering himself up, other times he's just having fun going over the top; it varies by his mood.

He really likes INFJs. He is harsh-sounding about them because that's how that type is with stuff it cares about. If he didn't care, he would be mildly polite in person, or just ignore you.

On his view being warped. I don't think that's any less true of anyone else. Unless you are just repeating what you hear Jung said, original contributions will always be slanted to fit the strengths of your type and not the weaknesses.

I have low Fi, but ESTPs have even less; it's basically non-existent. Anyone like that will tend to look harsh when they share their opinion, and they also will have a hard time with sympathy and just generally understanding what people's motives are. It's a glaring blind spot, but everyone has one.

I have a couple of blind spots at Si and Fe. Now, this may not be true for every NTJ, but my taste in clothes apparently doesn't exist, I don't care for myself beyond necessities that well, or really view it as important (I have a vague feeling that it is admirable and shows I'm not shallow that I don't care about comfort, or at least can't create it), and I'm definitely secretly proud and yet ashamed that I don't care about Fe or 'shallow' social conventions.

I imagine you might have blind spots around Ti and Se?

INFPs have next to no Se. Which is basically real life. DJArendee is an Se dom. So their weakness is glaringly obvious and looks super important to him.

INFJs are his dual. Their dom is his inferior, and vice versa. If I compare to my dual, ISFP and SFP generally, I get super-annoyed at their Fi, although at the same time, esp with ISFP, it's mesmerizing like a candle to a moth if I get too close.

Way too long . . .

Nah man you're cool. Although, you just shown Fe by saying that your rant is too long, even though it
A) wasn't
B) It is perfectly okay to express your feelings.

I don't know myself well enough to say...

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION][/MENTION]

Nah man you're cool. Although, you just shown Fe by saying that your rant is too long, even though it
A) wasn't
B) It is perfectly okay to express your feelings.

I don't know myself well enough to say...

Yeah, you have to get an idea of yourself and what the functions look like in others before you can tell.

I'm not sure if it's Fe; I've noticed in the past on online forums that users I respect the most keep their comments short and somewhat professional in most cases. I try to model that, although I often fall short.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Yeah, you have to get an idea of yourself and what the functions look like in others before you can tell.

I'm not sure if it's Fe; I've noticed in the past on online forums that users I respect the most keep their comments short and somewhat professional in most cases. I try to model that, although I often fall short.

It's okay to fall short sometimes. Think about this. Who are you and who do you want to be? You can
Never change who you truly are--that's impossible, but who you want to be changes all the time. It is important to be yourself because you can change so fast that it could mess up your relationships with others. Hypothetically speaking, they will think you have a hidden motive and be suspicious. With suspicion, trust is lost. Remember that. It's not my decision. It's yours. Choose wisely.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
He is not okay. It's super apperant. He has unhealthy behavior and he feels lonely. He feels like the world has turned against him. This is evident in both his Zombie Slave video and his Goodbye video. He is a VERY unstable person. He is smart, but he went mad.

I thought he seemed okay in the Goodbye vid, haven't seen the Zombie Slave one, there was a diff video that kinda worried me though, I think the one where he was at a gym and was talking nonsense for the most of it. However, I just approach these things with scepticism, esp when I've seen how jokey he is in his other videos. Anyway if he did lose it, I hope he finds his way eventually.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I thought he seemed okay in the Goodbye vid, haven't seen the Zombie Slave one, there was a diff video that kinda worried me though, I think the one where he was at a gym and was talking nonsense for the most of it. However, I just approach these things with scepticism, esp when I've seen how jokey he is in his other videos. Anyway if he did lose it, I hope he finds his way eventually.

Thank God he lets us know what's going on in his life. I had a feeling even before the life updates. He's going through hell and he manages to stay calm about it. It's not the change that makes us Type Bs panic. For me (I can't make assumptions for everyone), it's just the pure stress to get things done. I don't know whether I'm an infj or an Infp... Probably the latter because the infjs are super rare. EJ did make an excellent point on his INFJ rant. It really irks me to see people pretending to be something else. I swear, sometimes he may be insane, but other times he is my freaking spirit animal. Infps want to be super unique and all BUT THEY DO NOT NEED TO PRETEND TO BE INFJS. It makes them no less unique. It's just four letters. Don't let that affect you. Tbh, type means virtually nothing. It's the functions as EJ puts it. Even then, there are always loopholes. There are with every theory, idea, and action. The trick is getting through those to discover what's on the other side of the universe so to speak. Idk about you but I kinda believe in karma... I've seen it not only in real life, but Ive had these hunches. So this one time I randomly guessed with no clues that someone was cutting. I knew nothing and ugh it scares me. Holy crap BRUHHHH

Last edited:

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
No, you actually have a pretty decent idea of it there. Just add in a little more religion. ESTPs are apparently often very unstable and reckless in their youth; I've known many of them, and only one looked more or less stable before 30.

The thing is, lots of people target them because their low Fi makes them look like a threat; at least, maybe it is Se dom combined with low Fi, but anyway they get targeted; their weak N is a problem, and unlike the other Se dom, they don't really use Te, so they aren't naturally always able to see where 'the attack' is coming from. So even if they only get attacked an average number of times, they might not understand it well or how to prevent it, which leads to a vicious cycle.

Oh wow. You know a lot :). I've met two ESTPS. One of them was in a class of mine two years ago and we talked forever, and we got along SUPER well. Then my friend told him I liked him, which I did. He ignored me lol. The second one is a very close friend of mine, and he is dating my XNFP bestie. He and I are really close. I actually hooked him and my bestie up (he is a VERY flirtatious person without realizing it). Now they have been going strong for a year now. I also hooked my other friend up who's a female ENTJ with a male INFP. We all are close. So yeah I'm a matchmaker now I guess lmafo.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread gave me deja vu.

Seriously, how many times has an NF watched one of his videos, become butthurt over it, and started a thread to rant about it.

No offense to OP, you wouldn't have known this, as you are new here.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
This thread gave me deja vu.

Seriously, how many times has an NF watched one of his videos, become butthurt over it, and started a thread to rant about it.

No offense to OP, you wouldn't have known this, as you are new here.

Lol yeah I get it. No offense taken. I'm not offended, but I'm just standing up for the INFJs. Actually, if I know the person well enough or I've analyzed them, I don't get offended at all (my analyz actions are usually correct). I just saw EJ, so I haven't gotten a proper look at who he is. You can never really tell from videos. You can only see their public face. I suspect he is hurt and hides it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol yeah I get it. No offense taken. I'm not offended, but I'm just standing up for the INFJs. Actually, if I know the person well enough or I've analyzed them, I don't get offended at all (my analyz actions are usually correct). I just saw EJ, so I haven't gotten a proper look at who he is. You can never really tell from videos. You can only see their public face. I suspect he is hurt and hides it.

Very possible.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's mentally ill no doubt... Just read his blog he's got on the forum, it's full of delusional and narcissistic stories about how he's the chosen warrior of god on a mission. Maybe he's somewhere out there plotting on killing people (I wouldn't be surprised)