• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So, can one vary from a dom.T to a dom.F?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not sure if that's the case with myself, but my actions were enough to make me reconsider the type assigned to me. I understand the the MBTI typing isn't all encompassing, but some things I do might deviate from the INTP archetype. Also, I'm only fifteen, so that could be a large contribution to my little puzzle. Let me see if I could give a basic summary of why I have some concerns.

In every social situation I experience, I seem to monitor what I say and think. When first meeting people, for instance, I always make sure that I don't say or act upon anything I think might stir them, consider their situation in order to not impose on them, and generally cater to what I feel would make them as little underwhelmed as possible and maintain some level of peace. In more school-oriented situations, it's mostly this wa because I don't want to have to deal with any sort of conflict I may have envoked from saying some sarcastic comment I wanted to "share" but not really mean.
That said, when I do make such comments, I do so to recieve some kind of positive reaction from the people I hold to a more higher standard and would probably get a chuckle or laugh out of it.

Also, while I do do it more out of nature, than anything else, I don't derive much pleasure out of thinking or critically analsying subjects that do not deal with people and their more personal habits and actions (why I got into MBTI typeology in the first place.) Laziness, or rather, very poor work ethic may be the reason for not wanting to think about much beyond what comes naturally to me (which would be percieving and examing the people around me.) That in itself is, what I believe, to be a result of being spoiled emotionally througout my whole life.

And... that's it. Everything else in my head just flew out the window. Maybe I'm just imbalanced? Going from INTP to INFP is extreme, I know. But like I said, it isn't much, but just enough to pique my interest.

Sorry about the vagueness and scattered layout. I hope it's at least sufficient enough with which to work.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you can

You cant change into an F, your are an introverted Thinker from what I have read.

you can become everything you want to be. You just need to come into the spirit :)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
you can

You cant change into an F, your are an introverted Thinker from what I have read.
you can become everything you want to be. You just need to come into the spirit :)

How were you able to determine that? What was written sounded sort of neurotic and over-thought, haha.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
at the age of 15 I dreamt to become an engineer. I had not the grades and I was focussing my school education on everything else except engineering.

Today I must say, I have come to learn that even adults are human beings. And they have had the exact same flaws that I had when I was a child. That is what made me an engineer today :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
at your age, that is allowed :). Do you think I was born adult ? xD

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have to go to bed now, it is 7 am in germany, see you soon

redacted

deriving so much of your feeling from the environment around you (and having your feeling validated by that environment) suggests you are not an introverted feeling user. you're most likely a TP or FJ, not an FP or TJ.

Metis

deriving so much of your feeling from the environment around you (and having your feeling validated by that environment) suggests you are not an introverted feeling user. you're most likely a TP or FJ, not an FP or TJ.

Fi derives mainly from where?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

How interesting! I would think that would be a just F kind of thing to do. Then again, I've barely scratched the surface of typeology, and lack proper knowledge of the functions. Shows how much I know, hahah.

Would it be because of the Fe thingy? So it depends on the outside environment, as far as extroverted feeling goes?

redacted

Fi derives mainly from where?

How interesting! I would think that would be a just F kind of thing to do. Then again, I've barely scratched the surface of typeology, and lack proper knowledge of the functions. Shows how much I know, hahah.

Would it be because of the Fe thingy? So it depends on the outside environment, as far as extroverted feeling goes?

Feeling is literally defined as consciously deciding if something is good or bad.

if it's introverted, it is validated by and focused on the "internal standard", which can basically be thought of as your current thought process (conscious AND unconscious). so an Fi user won't necessarily care about the feelings of those around them unless their unconscious tendencies in that moment go in that direction.

if it's extroverted, it is validated by and focused on the "external standard", which means the current environment and all the objects (including people). an Fe user will look to the situation they're in to figure out what is good or bad. so an Fe user's values have a tendency to shift depending on the people they're around.

Fe is more concerned with appropriateness, Fi is more concerned with a deep, universal "rightness" or "wrongness".

TPs and FJs use Fe.
FPs and TJs use Fi.