ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    He is 15 @neurotic
    All fifteen-year-olds are neurotic.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

deriving so much of your feeling from the environment around you (and having your feeling validated by that environment) suggests you are not an introverted feeling user. you're most likely a TP or FJ, not an FP or TJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    deriving so much of your feeling from the environment around you (and having your feeling validated by that environment) suggests you are not an introverted feeling user. you're most likely a TP or FJ, not an FP or TJ.
    Fi derives mainly from where?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    How interesting! I would think that would be a just F kind of thing to do. Then again, I've barely scratched the surface of typeology, and lack proper knowledge of the functions. Shows how much I know, hahah.

Would it be because of the Fe thingy? So it depends on the outside environment, as far as extroverted feeling goes?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    Fi derives mainly from where?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    How interesting! I would think that would be a just F kind of thing to do. Then again, I've barely scratched the surface of typeology, and lack proper knowledge of the functions. Shows how much I know, hahah.

Would it be because of the Fe thingy? So it depends on the outside environment, as far as extroverted feeling goes?
    Feeling is literally defined as consciously deciding if something is good or bad.

if it's introverted, it is validated by and focused on the "internal standard", which can basically be thought of as your current thought process (conscious AND unconscious). so an Fi user won't necessarily care about the feelings of those around them unless their unconscious tendencies in that moment go in that direction.

if it's extroverted, it is validated by and focused on the "external standard", which means the current environment and all the objects (including people). an Fe user will look to the situation they're in to figure out what is good or bad. so an Fe user's values have a tendency to shift depending on the people they're around.

Fe is more concerned with appropriateness, Fi is more concerned with a deep, universal "rightness" or "wrongness".

TPs and FJs use Fe.
    FPs and TJs use Fi.