User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: enneagram 7 or 3 <- type me!

Senior Member Array
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    so.. over the yrs i think i ve been overthinking this problem to be objective no... so i cant analyse it anymore.

cann someone help me and ask me relevant questions

a bit 3 vs 7 data:

i am 100% underachiever - i usually just fake i want success if there's big pressure but i never really wanted it. when i flunked a yr in university, when i was younger, my 1st reaction was that i am happy so i dont have to suffer being bored while studying (i was in medical school and 5-6 hrs of studying each day next to classes/labs was about 10 x more than i am willing to invest in a diploma)

pro 3:
    i did care when younger what ppl think about my success, i care now as well but only in extreme cases (my family is very unsupportive and i am 28 and still not done with MSc so i am quite behind)

my main motivation is to give the least possible effort to get the most out of stuff, so i always view it this way: how can i invest so little that it doesnt hurt, that i dont suffer in any way, yet get by. So i basically manipulate situations, i am not workaholic. i will work just to dream in my mind about moments when i am buying myself time away from work. it is extreme. actually this makes me think 7 the most because (unhealthy) tendency i have is to just count everything i do and think "now i can stop this is enough effort one needs to put into life so i can go back to comfort and pleasure"

- again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.

but MOST of the times on my mind is how i can just avoid giving up on any pleasure. I hate the idea of limiting myself in any way. Readign Riso and Hudson yesterday made me think 7 is so much like me, but

so confusing.

i was skeptical that tritype thing (other than in direction of errors) really exists, but if it does than maybe 738? (i think i have 8 tendencies sometimes but also anxious like 6 so dno about the wings. in confrontations i am very direct and rarely back off but i can be anxious which i believe w8 wouldnt be !?!)

All I can say is that you're def not a three. Threes are workaholics. Their biggest fear is being worthless or underachieving.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

EII Fi

The way you're typed up this thread seems seven-ish, and most ENFPs tend to be 7s.
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 so/sx - 9w1 sp/so
    Fi > Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Ti > Se > Te