User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    success isnt important to me but i feel like a failure because of not having any real goal.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

  3. #33
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    i am also far from positive-only person. that made me think i couldnt possibly be a 7.
    i am the one who will point out problems and call out on people. confront problems (maybe not mine (!) but i do always go to the core about problems and always digg deeper.. not sure if i directlyy in theory avoid pain)



    -other avoidance is just by forgetting of the real issues that trouble me, like i laugh and joke a lot but that's mostly in front of ppl, inside i am always aware of what is bugging me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    so.. over the yrs i think i ve been overthinking this problem to be objective no... so i cant analyse it anymore.


    my main motivation is to give the least possible effort to get the most out of stuff,

    - again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.

    but MOST of the times on my mind is how i can just avoid giving up on any pleasure. I hate the idea of limiting myself in any way. Readign Riso and Hudson yesterday made me think 7 is so much like me, but

    so confusing.
    Have you thought about 6w7?

    The reason I say that is many of the things above you say about yourself that I've bolded, are true about me as well and I'm certain that I'm a 6. 6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics. 6sx can seem like 8 as well. The three types that resonated with me initially were 3, 6, 8.

    However, you seem to demonstrate some 7 characteristics

    So, 6w7

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Again_Chloe liked this post

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Have you thought about 6w7?

    The reason I say that is many of the things above you say about yourself that I've bolded, are true about me as well and I'm certain that I'm a 6. 6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics. 6sx can seem like 8 as well. The three types that resonated with me initially were 3, 6, 8.

    However, you seem to demonstrate some 7 characteristics

    So, 6w7
    thanks for the idea, very interesting!

    i thought about 6 just like i thought about all types when i considered but type 6 (and 1) is what i score the least. I can't be more sure I am not a 6 than I am, because I have some 6 friends and their fear of the insecure areas drives me insane.
    what you've bolded - least possible effort to get most out of stuff - wouldnt that be opposite of 6? maybe 6s motivation is to get security (aka "most") but my motivation is just to not go through any pain or loss, while getting whatever i can.. so oppsoite of : no pain- no gain. hah

    I also feel zero connection to type 9. just that idea of piece - not my thing, and i never (dis)integrate to 9.

    also think i am too obnoxious for type 6, all 6s i've identified dont have entrepreneur spirit because they dont really 'dream big' (?) - i am greedy and unrealistic.
    and 6 is the most common type in any culture so i think i'd understand society more if i was 6 and fit in better. i jusst remembered my infp-6 friend, she pays so much attention to security that it bores me, like she always thinks what if some catastrophe happens (i started to think like that after dozens of catatrophes happened in my life)

    on a + side for 6, i am very anxious person! yeah. and all my overusing of brain stuff points a lot to thinking triad.

    8 is out of the question as a main type because i am too anxious to be 8, methinks. i can have an 8-like day, but i am not an 8. i also dont relate to core issues of 6 and 8.

    my core issues are very 7s but 3s part confuse me


    and 3 - my wish to succeed is close to zero. i sometimes enjoy competitions to get some thrill of the game and excitment, but it is only for a day, or a week, long term stuff is just out of my question. i have no long term career goals and i despise the word 'career' the most probably out of ALL words! LOL.

    i think maybe i thought i am not a 7 because i like to be liked and have a not-small ego haha, but as they say 7s are 'the true narcissist' in enneagram. I also like myself very much and am not nough self-critical, i lie to myself about most stuff that bug me - i think average person would be in my place depressed because i dont have most stuff in life what people value, yet i am far from depressed. sometimes when i see how it all really is i am like "wow, how comee i dont cry all day?" and then i forget about it and keep on. its like i have to remind myself that i am not happy with my life because i am soo much in delusions that things are prettier than they are <- i realise this is probably very 7, dont know how would 6 approach real issues, like weight issue?! :/ probably realistially.. i realized 6s have this mental process where they divide their thoughts into small chunks, so they have more like.. steady thought process, they are quite orderly in their anxieties because i guess they feel secure if everything is covered. (i realised that in that guy ffrom conscious.tv hes a 6 and he sounds like he has a mental list of thingss he will consider). i dont have that, my mind is more chaos and not according to 'secure list'. all in all 6 sounds impossible. but who knows, enneagram - you can find your type after 20 years LOL

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    p.s. dont know if it is linked to 6, but i will absoletely forget to eat, sleep, pay bills, comb my hair, do the laundry, do the homework, turn off the stove... i will probably one day set myself on fire while i daydream..

    + i def dont have anxiety about making an action. i am very action oriented

    my anxieties are usually linked to people and how will they respond, i always expect they will get angry at me ¨! when there is some conflict.

    i read 6s authoirty, and 7 dont accept authority, i relate to that, i like equality, i am kind of obsessed w it and i dont think i could be counterphobic 6 because i am not really acting in response to authority, i just generally disregard 'em.
    'respect' is a word i had to look up in a dictionary many times LOL, because i dont see why i have to have respect for authority just bc they're authority, they have to earn respect just like anyone else and if they're talking BS - they will be treated like anyone else.
    I just remembered one ENFJ-6 colleague absoletely hates me, wee clash all the time, because she cant stand how I have too little respect for the rules.

  6. #36
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    thanks for the idea, very interesting!

    i thought about 6 just like i thought about all types when i considered but type 6 (and 1) is what i score the least. I can't be more sure I am not a 6 than I am, because I have some 6 friends and their fear of the insecure areas drives me insane.
    what you've bolded - least possible effort to get most out of stuff - wouldnt that be opposite of 6? maybe 6s motivation is to get security (aka "most") but my motivation is just to not go through any pain or loss, while getting whatever i can.. so oppsoite of : no pain- no gain. hah

    I also feel zero connection to type 9. just that idea of piece - not my thing, and i never (dis)integrate to 9.

    also think i am too obnoxious for type 6, all 6s i've identified dont have entrepreneur spirit because they dont really 'dream big' (?) - i am greedy and unrealistic.
    and 6 is the most common type in any culture so i think i'd understand society more if i was 6 and fit in better. i jusst remembered my infp-6 friend, she pays so much attention to security that it bores me, like she always thinks what if some catastrophe happens (i started to think like that after dozens of catatrophes happened in my life)

    on a + side for 6, i am very anxious person! yeah. and all my overusing of brain stuff points a lot to thinking triad.

    8 is out of the question as a main type because i am too anxious to be 8, methinks. i can have an 8-like day, but i am not an 8. i also dont relate to core issues of 6 and 8.

    my core issues are very 7s but 3s part confuse me


    and 3 - my wish to succeed is close to zero. i sometimes enjoy competitions to get some thrill of the game and excitment, but it is only for a day, or a week, long term stuff is just out of my question. i have no long term career goals and i despise the word 'career' the most probably out of ALL words! LOL.

    i think maybe i thought i am not a 7 because i like to be liked and have a not-small ego haha, but as they say 7s are 'the true narcissist' in enneagram. I also like myself very much and am not nough self-critical, i lie to myself about most stuff that bug me - i think average person would be in my place depressed because i dont have most stuff in life what people value, yet i am far from depressed. sometimes when i see how it all really is i am like "wow, how comee i dont cry all day?" and then i forget about it and keep on. its like i have to remind myself that i am not happy with my life because i am soo much in delusions that things are prettier than they are <- i realise this is probably very 7, dont know how would 6 approach real issues, like weight issue?! :/ probably realistially.. i realized 6s have this mental process where they divide their thoughts into small chunks, so they have more like.. steady thought process, they are quite orderly in their anxieties because i guess they feel secure if everything is covered. (i realised that in that guy ffrom conscious.tv hes a 6 and he sounds like he has a mental list of thingss he will consider). i dont have that, my mind is more chaos and not according to 'secure list'. all in all 6 sounds impossible. but who knows, enneagram - you can find your type after 20 years LOL
    Not saying you are 6. It is only a possibility.

    Not going through pain or loss - it could tie to security - not sure. That is what a 6 is all about - security. 6s are also super problem solvers as well. Many things that you say describe a 6. It is the least understood enneagram type IMO and it is an extremely common type.

    Here is my perspective of what I'm like as a 6.

    I feel zero connection to 9 as well, yet other people apparently have thought I demonstrate 9 characteristics so....

    Quote Originally Posted by Again_Chloe View Post
    p.s. dont know if it is linked to 6, but i will absoletely forget to eat, sleep, pay bills, comb my hair, do the laundry, do the homework, turn off the stove... i will probably one day set myself on fire while i daydream..

    + i def dont have anxiety about making an action. i am very action oriented

    my anxieties are usually linked to people and how will they respond, i always expect they will get angry at me ¨! when there is some conflict.

    i read 6s authoirty, and 7 dont accept authority, i relate to that, i like equality, i am kind of obsessed w it and i dont think i could be counterphobic 6 because i am not really acting in response to authority, i just generally disregard 'em.
    'respect' is a word i had to look up in a dictionary many times LOL, because i dont see why i have to have respect for authority just bc they're authority, they have to earn respect just like anyone else and if they're talking BS - they will be treated like anyone else.
    I just remembered one ENFJ-6 colleague absoletely hates me, wee clash all the time, because she cant stand how I have too little respect for the rules.
    I forget to eat, procrastinate on paying bills and don't comb my hair enough at times. Is that enneagram or more Ne/Ni characteristics?

    I don't easily accept external authority. You really have to earn it. I am not easily directed and am very independent. I might have a bit of a problem with authority actually.

    I am very much action oriented and focused on outcomes/results. I am impatient and solve problems. You might be able to tell that from what you have seen on the forum.

    I will hesitate. I will ask for other opinions. The 6 doesn't trust his/her own thinking and wants other perspectives but it doesn't mean we don't act. My need for results and outcomes overwhelms any fears that I have. I will bounce off of others to get their perspectives. I will listen with a very open mind. Ultimately, I will decide and I am going to take action. I will be reasonably aggressive about actions in general, but I will test things externally. That's who I am. No idea if that resonates with you.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I really dont relate to 6 thought processes, but I have Enneagram book by Palmer in my bag right now and i will take a look.
    I do think i have several 6 friends ( infj, infp, istj, enfj) and we are very different. I am a thrill seaker mostly.
    For example my 6 friend doesnt want to change her job even tho is vastly underpaid because she is so afraid she might not find anything better. I can not relate to that at all, I never even think there isnt anything better - there is always better !
    Other one when talks about "not wanting to do DNA testing so one day insurance companies dont get her info and turn down insurance for her" - that is something i would never think about. I just dont expect something horrible to happen.
    Also despite Ne/Ni Ive noticed N 6s are more Si oriented, i mean details about security. Bills, they can describe something related to physical/financial/health security to details

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Actually i have Maitri book, not Palmer, in my bag. Hope it describes 6 good.
    Maitri said Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at tiffany's is classical example of 3, yet people keep argueing audrey was a 7 in that movie, and i tend to believe that more. So dont know how reliable is Maitri

  9. #39
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    OP I think you are a e7.

    actually this makes me think 7 the most because (unhealthy) tendency i have is to just count everything i do and think "now i can stop this is enough effort one needs to put into life so i can go back to comfort and pleasure"
    Maybe this would put a nail on the coffin of the possibility of you being a e3's dead body?

    again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.
    i was skeptical that tritype thing (other than in direction of errors) really exists, but if it does than maybe 738? (i think i have 8 tendencies sometimes but also anxious like 6 so dno about the wings. in confrontations i am very direct and rarely back off but i can be anxious which i believe w8 wouldnt be !?!)
    Lolz, I can relate to all of the above.

    i did care when younger what ppl think about my success,
    However, when I was younger I didn't care, now I care. This could be SO dom factor. Starry pointed that out. She also said that SO dom 7s are comparatively responsible (dutiful maybe) than other e7s.

    cant imagine a better type to get rich than ENTP.
    I disagree. I recall a few ENTPs who died shit poor. One of them is Otto Gross due to whom Jung manage to distinguish between Fi and Fe. He called Fe shallow consciousness or something. Gross was definitely a ENTP it hurts. Gross could have been one of the main reasons personality theory exists today.


    @highlander
    6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics.
    I have seen this in a e6 boss very clearly. He becomes so paranoid he wants to achieve achieve and show off, including buying stupid gadgets to show that he is a technical masterming or someshit.
    .
    Likes Again_Chloe liked this post

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    73

    Default

    @riva, i never heard of Otto Gross, interesting, will check him out.
    Well, I do notice some 3 under extreme stress but also 1, from being very careless and relaxed i can become very detailed and raging on my coworkers if they are making any mistakes. I dont even recognize myself then, suddenly details become important and I need to have it P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
    asked the guy who used to post here, i know him in RL, and he knows enneagram ... he said i have 0 Six tendencies.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  2. INFJ, INFP, or INTP?: Type me . . .
    By Rachel in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
  4. [INFP] Do INFPs often question their type? Or is it just me?
    By r0wo1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
  5. Enneagram-type me!
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO