• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enneagram 7 or 3 <- type me!

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I am very quick to point out problems when they're in a relationship I'm a part of or I feel some kind of injustice is happening. Other than that, I usually don't call people on shit. But you seem to be a different kind of 7. I'm 7w6 and with my 2 and 9 fixes, I sometimes don't like to make waves. But with close friends, I am very open and won't shy away from spilling the depths of what's up. I think going along with that 7description you found, my calling shit out, especially in relationships is a way that I try to avoid future failure and pain. By tackling the problem at it's first sign and addressing it bluntly, I feel like I'm saving us from even bigger problems down the road. This gives me a sense of urgency to address and resolve (which may also be a part of my particular brand if 7 - my tritype is referred to as the Peacemaker and I really do hate when things are unresolved).

hmmmm, i didnt mean i call people out in a moralizing way, i dislike such people who do that. judgemental. but when something is off i will mention it - cant deny it :unsure:

I read 7s descriptions and they match a lot. I have a lot of 8 as well

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

All of the data presented here has been gathered from people who have taken The Personality Questionnaire on this website. Consequently, it reflects data about the internet community, rather than the public at large.

the details of this 'research' arent mentioned, it was done online and only with those who took personality test... so... its very skewed.

cant imagine a better type to get rich than ENTP.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

All of the data presented here has been gathered from people who have taken The Personality Questionnaire on this website. Consequently, it reflects data about the internet community, rather than the public at large.

the details of this 'research' arent mentioned, it was done online and only with those who took personality test... so... its very skewed.

Actually, I can imagine mostly any type other than an ENTP to get rich and if they get rich it isn't because of their desire to, but rather as a result of being incredibly zany.

Ne - In the clouds, little follow through
Ti - Subjective logic, uncertainty
Fe - Your feelings matter and I will take them into account when I make decisions of my own
Si - Preoccupied with the past, memories, dreams, things of little importance, isn't concerned with the material, so why bother trying to get rich?

The inferior Si would make their Se devilish, meaning literally of no importance alongside their Fi, trickster, making it really hard for them to determine what they themselves truly value.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmmmm, i didnt mean i call people out in a moralizing way, i dislike such people who do that. judgemental. but when something is off i will mention it - cant deny it :unsure:

I read 7s descriptions and they match a lot. I have a lot of 8 as well

What kind of calling out do you mean?

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of calling out do you mean?

example: my dad died at 48 and was sick for 20 yrs before that. the similar thing happened to me now and am 28 and extremely sick for 10 yrs. My sister (30) follows the same patterns as my dad and I (in symptoms and development). My family denies the problem(s), thinking every thing that happened was isolated situation (they're both ISTJs - mom and sister). I see big picture and figured there's underlying genetic issue, or enviormental, that makes us all sick.
I'd assume 7 would ignore her health issues. But I am far from hypochondriac, I had numbed left part of the face for 10 yrs before I even googled wth is that linked to or visited a doctor. So i think i am realistic about my family, i studied medicine, my sister is MD, so i am quite educated in the field to be objective.

yet. out of us 3, i am the only one to approach problem. i am the most sick one too so maybe it's that. but you know, i will never run away from confronting that. i was like that as a kid. i was always the one to tell the truth

but my solutions are usually pain-free i admit, like 'it'll all resolve itself when we find an easy fix in the future', i sometimes dont think it'll be easy literary, like probably i will have to investigate and juggle with many possibilities, but it's easier than deal with it now, without imagining it will be some magic in future to resolve our issues

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION], in theory i dont see why ENTP wouldnt earn much. Ne is for ideas, current fashion in business world supports inovations more than ever before (startups), and they dont have Fi like ENFP to get in a way of wanting to get rich.

ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ <- types to be the best entrepreneurs.
ESTJs <- make good bosses in already established systems, also likely to get rich
ISTJ, workaholics. probably will build the ladder stadily and at their own pace but will be near the top eventually
INTJ - similar to ISTJ, but also able to be good CEOs, and entrepreneurs

those would be types most likely to get rich. so ENTP,ENTJ,ESTP at the top. If we take into account that ENTP and ESTP have to have enough focus... i think many ENTPs and ESTPs have much more focus than E_FPs. because Ti gives them stability.

one thing that popped in my mind about why that stats are flawed is that they didnt control for the age of the people who took the test. N types are more likely to investigate MBTI earlier than S types. Especially NP types as most introspective/prone to various theories.
so mean age for SJs and SPs and NJs was bigger than for NPs. for sure. just look at the types on forums, NPs make over 50%. and the stats are from people who voluntary took MBTI test online...

(young people earn less than old... )

it wasnt a scientific research and i am sure they didnt control for the age variable

99% of SJs have zero interest in MBTI, ENTJ is also very rare type on forums, so those who took the test were probably older in mean age than ENTPs. :p

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22962]Again_Chloe[/MENTION] Yes, Ne is great for ideas, but the problem lay in that these ideas they mostly just scratch at on the surface and move on quickly to another one so there's a lack of dedication there which is needed when one wants to really be well off. The types which make the most, ENTJ and ESTJ both have extroverted thinking dominant and introverted feeling inferior so if we're to determine which is the "money maker" function it would probably be extroverted thinking with introverted feeling at the bottom making them incredibly interested in ones own growth rather than those of people around them, with extroverted feeling being of the very least importance as a result of the remaining functions which pass the first four which in turn means hardly if at all being interested in "harmony" when attempting to achieve something. However different strengths work for different positions/careers, so there's that. Oh well, this is dragging on.
Everything else you've said is rather subjective and a possibility, but doubtful. Regardless, this isn't what the thread's trying to discuss. I'm sure you're a 7.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION], why are u sure, i still have doubts.
i want always to have all As in school,, the only diff between me and 3s is that my appetites last shorter and I dont stick to my goals... which could be P thing.

the analysis about the flaw of that stat is not subjective, the stats are subjective and not done in scientifical way. The differences are so minor (5,000 USD in 10 out of 16 types) that age can be huge factor.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION], why are u sure, i still have doubts.
i want always to have all As in school,, the only diff between me and 3s is that my appetites last shorter and I dont stick to my goals... which could be P thing.

the analysis about the flaw of that stat is not subjective, the stats are subjective and not done in scientifical way. The differences are so minor (5,000 USD in 10 out of 16 types) that age can be huge factor.

Not sticking to goals is more of an Ne thing. Data is data, what-ifs are subjective.
A trademark of enneagram 7s is being scattered, "versatile", not entirely sticking to things, a multitude of interests. 7 + Ne.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think the most famous example of ENFP 3 would be Bill Clinton. of course they say he's an ESFP but nope.....

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
success isnt important to me but i feel like a failure because of not having any real goal.:shock:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am also far from positive-only person. that made me think i couldnt possibly be a 7.
i am the one who will point out problems and call out on people. confront problems (maybe not mine (!) but i do always go to the core about problems and always digg deeper.. not sure if i directlyy in theory avoid pain)

:unsure:

-other avoidance is just by forgetting of the real issues that trouble me, like i laugh and joke a lot but that's mostly in front of ppl, inside i am always aware of what is bugging me.
:huh:

so.. over the yrs i think i ve been overthinking this problem to be objective no... so i cant analyse it anymore.

my main motivation is to give the least possible effort to get the most out of stuff,

- again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.

but MOST of the times on my mind is how i can just avoid giving up on any pleasure. I hate the idea of limiting myself in any way. Readign Riso and Hudson yesterday made me think 7 is so much like me, but :unsure:

so confusing.

Have you thought about 6w7?

The reason I say that is many of the things above you say about yourself that I've bolded, are true about me as well and I'm certain that I'm a 6. 6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics. 6sx can seem like 8 as well. The three types that resonated with me initially were 3, 6, 8.

However, you seem to demonstrate some 7 characteristics

So, 6w7

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you thought about 6w7?

The reason I say that is many of the things above you say about yourself that I've bolded, are true about me as well and I'm certain that I'm a 6. 6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics. 6sx can seem like 8 as well. The three types that resonated with me initially were 3, 6, 8.

However, you seem to demonstrate some 7 characteristics

So, 6w7

thanks for the idea, very interesting!

i thought about 6 just like i thought about all types when i considered but type 6 (and 1) is what i score the least. I can't be more sure I am not a 6 than I am, because I have some 6 friends and their fear of the insecure areas drives me insane.
what you've bolded - least possible effort to get most out of stuff - wouldnt that be opposite of 6? maybe 6s motivation is to get security (aka "most") but my motivation is just to not go through any pain or loss, while getting whatever i can.. so oppsoite of : no pain- no gain. hah

I also feel zero connection to type 9. just that idea of piece - not my thing, and i never (dis)integrate to 9.

also think i am too obnoxious for type 6, all 6s i've identified dont have entrepreneur spirit because they dont really 'dream big' (?) - i am greedy and unrealistic.
and 6 is the most common type in any culture so i think i'd understand society more if i was 6 and fit in better. i jusst remembered my infp-6 friend, she pays so much attention to security that it bores me, like she always thinks what if some catastrophe happens (i started to think like that after dozens of catatrophes happened in my life)

on a + side for 6, i am very anxious person! yeah. and all my overusing of brain stuff points a lot to thinking triad.

8 is out of the question as a main type because i am too anxious to be 8, methinks. i can have an 8-like day, but i am not an 8. :huh: i also dont relate to core issues of 6 and 8.

my core issues are very 7s but 3s part confuse me

and 3 - my wish to succeed is close to zero. i sometimes enjoy competitions to get some thrill of the game and excitment, but it is only for a day, or a week, long term stuff is just out of my question. i have no long term career goals and i despise the word 'career' the most probably out of ALL words! LOL.

i think maybe i thought i am not a 7 because i like to be liked and have a not-small ego haha, but as they say 7s are 'the true narcissist' in enneagram. I also like myself very much and am not nough self-critical, i lie to myself about most stuff that bug me - i think average person would be in my place depressed because i dont have most stuff in life what people value, yet i am far from depressed. sometimes when i see how it all really is i am like "wow, how comee i dont cry all day?" and then i forget about it and keep on. its like i have to remind myself that i am not happy with my life because i am soo much in delusions that things are prettier than they are <- i realise this is probably very 7, dont know how would 6 approach real issues, like weight issue?! :/ probably realistially.. i realized 6s have this mental process where they divide their thoughts into small chunks, so they have more like.. steady thought process, they are quite orderly in their anxieties because i guess they feel secure if everything is covered. (i realised that in that guy ffrom conscious.tv hes a 6 and he sounds like he has a mental list of thingss he will consider). i dont have that, my mind is more chaos and not according to 'secure list'. all in all 6 sounds impossible. but who knows, enneagram - you can find your type after 20 years LOL

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
p.s. dont know if it is linked to 6, but i will absoletely forget to eat, sleep, pay bills, comb my hair, do the laundry, do the homework, turn off the stove... i will probably one day set myself on fire while i daydream..

+ i def dont have anxiety about making an action. i am very action oriented

my anxieties are usually linked to people and how will they respond, i always expect they will get angry at me ¨! when there is some conflict.

i read 6s authoirty, and 7 dont accept authority, i relate to that, i like equality, i am kind of obsessed w it and i dont think i could be counterphobic 6 because i am not really acting in response to authority, i just generally disregard 'em.
'respect' is a word i had to look up in a dictionary many times LOL, because i dont see why i have to have respect for authority just bc they're authority, they have to earn respect just like anyone else and if they're talking BS - they will be treated like anyone else.
I just remembered one ENFJ-6 colleague absoletely hates me, wee clash all the time, because she cant stand how I have too little respect for the rules.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks for the idea, very interesting!

i thought about 6 just like i thought about all types when i considered but type 6 (and 1) is what i score the least. I can't be more sure I am not a 6 than I am, because I have some 6 friends and their fear of the insecure areas drives me insane.
what you've bolded - least possible effort to get most out of stuff - wouldnt that be opposite of 6? maybe 6s motivation is to get security (aka "most") but my motivation is just to not go through any pain or loss, while getting whatever i can.. so oppsoite of : no pain- no gain. hah

I also feel zero connection to type 9. just that idea of piece - not my thing, and i never (dis)integrate to 9.

also think i am too obnoxious for type 6, all 6s i've identified dont have entrepreneur spirit because they dont really 'dream big' (?) - i am greedy and unrealistic.
and 6 is the most common type in any culture so i think i'd understand society more if i was 6 and fit in better. i jusst remembered my infp-6 friend, she pays so much attention to security that it bores me, like she always thinks what if some catastrophe happens (i started to think like that after dozens of catatrophes happened in my life)

on a + side for 6, i am very anxious person! yeah. and all my overusing of brain stuff points a lot to thinking triad.

8 is out of the question as a main type because i am too anxious to be 8, methinks. i can have an 8-like day, but i am not an 8. :huh: i also dont relate to core issues of 6 and 8.

my core issues are very 7s but 3s part confuse me

and 3 - my wish to succeed is close to zero. i sometimes enjoy competitions to get some thrill of the game and excitment, but it is only for a day, or a week, long term stuff is just out of my question. i have no long term career goals and i despise the word 'career' the most probably out of ALL words! LOL.

i think maybe i thought i am not a 7 because i like to be liked and have a not-small ego haha, but as they say 7s are 'the true narcissist' in enneagram. I also like myself very much and am not nough self-critical, i lie to myself about most stuff that bug me - i think average person would be in my place depressed because i dont have most stuff in life what people value, yet i am far from depressed. sometimes when i see how it all really is i am like "wow, how comee i dont cry all day?" and then i forget about it and keep on. its like i have to remind myself that i am not happy with my life because i am soo much in delusions that things are prettier than they are <- i realise this is probably very 7, dont know how would 6 approach real issues, like weight issue?! :/ probably realistially.. i realized 6s have this mental process where they divide their thoughts into small chunks, so they have more like.. steady thought process, they are quite orderly in their anxieties because i guess they feel secure if everything is covered. (i realised that in that guy ffrom conscious.tv hes a 6 and he sounds like he has a mental list of thingss he will consider). i dont have that, my mind is more chaos and not according to 'secure list'. all in all 6 sounds impossible. but who knows, enneagram - you can find your type after 20 years LOL

Not saying you are 6. It is only a possibility.

Not going through pain or loss - it could tie to security - not sure. That is what a 6 is all about - security. 6s are also super problem solvers as well. Many things that you say describe a 6. It is the least understood enneagram type IMO and it is an extremely common type.

Here is my perspective of what I'm like as a 6.

I feel zero connection to 9 as well, yet other people apparently have thought I demonstrate 9 characteristics so....

p.s. dont know if it is linked to 6, but i will absoletely forget to eat, sleep, pay bills, comb my hair, do the laundry, do the homework, turn off the stove... i will probably one day set myself on fire while i daydream..

+ i def dont have anxiety about making an action. i am very action oriented

my anxieties are usually linked to people and how will they respond, i always expect they will get angry at me ¨! when there is some conflict.

i read 6s authoirty, and 7 dont accept authority, i relate to that, i like equality, i am kind of obsessed w it and i dont think i could be counterphobic 6 because i am not really acting in response to authority, i just generally disregard 'em.
'respect' is a word i had to look up in a dictionary many times LOL, because i dont see why i have to have respect for authority just bc they're authority, they have to earn respect just like anyone else and if they're talking BS - they will be treated like anyone else.
I just remembered one ENFJ-6 colleague absoletely hates me, wee clash all the time, because she cant stand how I have too little respect for the rules.

I forget to eat, procrastinate on paying bills and don't comb my hair enough at times. Is that enneagram or more Ne/Ni characteristics?

I don't easily accept external authority. You really have to earn it. I am not easily directed and am very independent. I might have a bit of a problem with authority actually.

I am very much action oriented and focused on outcomes/results. I am impatient and solve problems. You might be able to tell that from what you have seen on the forum.

I will hesitate. I will ask for other opinions. The 6 doesn't trust his/her own thinking and wants other perspectives but it doesn't mean we don't act. My need for results and outcomes overwhelms any fears that I have. I will bounce off of others to get their perspectives. I will listen with a very open mind. Ultimately, I will decide and I am going to take action. I will be reasonably aggressive about actions in general, but I will test things externally. That's who I am. No idea if that resonates with you.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really dont relate to 6 thought processes, but I have Enneagram book by Palmer in my bag right now and i will take a look.
I do think i have several 6 friends ( infj, infp, istj, enfj) and we are very different. I am a thrill seaker mostly.
For example my 6 friend doesnt want to change her job even tho is vastly underpaid because she is so afraid she might not find anything better. I can not relate to that at all, I never even think there isnt anything better - there is always better !
Other one when talks about "not wanting to do DNA testing so one day insurance companies dont get her info and turn down insurance for her" - that is something i would never think about. I just dont expect something horrible to happen.
Also despite Ne/Ni Ive noticed N 6s are more Si oriented, i mean details about security. Bills, they can describe something related to physical/financial/health security to details

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually i have Maitri book, not Palmer, in my bag. Hope it describes 6 good.
Maitri said Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at tiffany's is classical example of 3, yet people keep argueing audrey was a 7 in that movie, and i tend to believe that more. So dont know how reliable is Maitri

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP I think you are a e7.

actually this makes me think 7 the most because (unhealthy) tendency i have is to just count everything i do and think "now i can stop this is enough effort one needs to put into life so i can go back to comfort and pleasure"

Maybe this would put a nail on the coffin of the possibility of you being a e3's dead body? :D

again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.

i was skeptical that tritype thing (other than in direction of errors) really exists, but if it does than maybe 738? (i think i have 8 tendencies sometimes but also anxious like 6 so dno about the wings. in confrontations i am very direct and rarely back off but i can be anxious which i believe w8 wouldnt be !?!)

Lolz, I can relate to all of the above.

i did care when younger what ppl think about my success,

However, when I was younger I didn't care, now I care. This could be SO dom factor. Starry pointed that out. She also said that SO dom 7s are comparatively responsible (dutiful maybe) than other e7s.

I disagree. I recall a few ENTPs who died shit poor. One of them is Otto Gross due to whom Jung manage to distinguish between Fi and Fe. He called Fe shallow consciousness or something. Gross was definitely a ENTP it hurts. Gross could have been one of the main reasons personality theory exists today.

[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]
6 disintegrates to 3. I demonstrate a lot of 3 characteristics.

I have seen this in a e6 boss very clearly. He becomes so paranoid he wants to achieve achieve and show off, including buying stupid gadgets to show that he is a technical masterming or someshit.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION], i never heard of Otto Gross, interesting, will check him out.
Well, I do notice some 3 under extreme stress but also 1, from being very careless and relaxed i can become very detailed and raging on my coworkers if they are making any mistakes. I dont even recognize myself then, suddenly details become important and I need to have it P-E-R-F-E-C-T!
asked the guy who used to post here, i know him in RL, and he knows enneagram ... he said i have 0 Six tendencies. :huh: