User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    25

    Default What is my true type?

    Since when I got into psychology and got to know my real potential, doing research and trying those psychology tests, I've been scoring as an INTJ. However, it might as well be that I "adjusted" myself to the INTJ style because I realized on my own that it was the most rationally and easy(for me) way to deal with life. I'll describe my past self who didn't know anything about psychology and who was more natural and carefree, in the hope of getting an unbiased picture of my subconscious:

    Childhood
    My parents made me believe that this world was good and welcoming, everything looked nice and I saw the positive side of everything. I was naive. When I was a kid I was always playing on my own with building blocks (legos), was fascinated by fantasy, I held people to high standards (for example, I thought my teachers knew everything, that adults never made mistakes and that doctors were entitled to heal anything) and was very calm and peaceful. If other kids wanted to play with my stuff I'd let them because it wasn't a big deal for me and it was a very irrelevant "price" to pay to maintain "peace". I was generous, always ready to lend a hand and I never saw a problem with it because it was effortless for me (I was smarter than others for my age). I didn't really understand how all the social "stuff" worked; I thought everyone was good like me and so I couldn't understand why they'd act selfish or only try to profit from one other. I was naive.

    Middle School
    In middle school I was occasionally being made fun of and I didn't even realize it because I totally ignored the social context. I remember that once I got closed in the bathroom by some random dude; I was even able to slam down the door (from the outsider's pov, it must have been a funny scene lol) and when I got out, he spit on me and ran away. I don't know why at the time I took it as a very bad offense, but I went to the teacher crying for it (don't know if you can classify it as crying, but wet eyes and trembling voice are enough for me to classify it as such). It was the last time I "cried".

    High School
    When in high school I was made fun of by two guys. I was more "resistant" to this kind of attacks, and I'd still refrain from fighting back by using humor as defense. If I got insulted, I'd use humor on myself to shrug it off. Even when hit, I pretended not to feel anything and therefore didn't hit back, shrugging it off (well, I was big and I actually didn't get hurt at all, but I guess the jest itself was a very bad form of disrespect and now I think I should have reacted just to protect my honor). During exams they'd still ask me for help because they were dumb. Eventually I graduated from that shit hole.

    University
    When I entered university, I finally ceased to encounter any other dickfaces. I started meeting more mature guys with who I could properly study and share my interests. I respected them and they respected me back. In this period I started changing a bit; I realized that I couldn't keep getting stepped on by randoms and that there are too many assholes lurking around. I decided that I wouldn't have been so generous and available like back then. I became colder, I became more self-centered and egoistical. I started minding exclusively my own business, becoming less accomodating and considerate. I started studying myself, discovering my true potential and striving to make the world my own. I've been very successful accademically-wise; professors praised me a lot and I realized how much smarter than my colleagues I was. I graduated very quickly and was suggested to go studying in another town for my master degree since they knew it was better there (I study chemistry). I'm currently finishing my last year, splendidly.

    In the first period of university I tried to understand whether there was something wrong with me back then. I rarely hanged out and was often called asocial (not that it bothered me), and I also felt a bit awkward when there were funerals or some disaster happened and I couldn't show emotion (My reasoning behind this was: I acknowledge that it's sad when a loved one parts ways with us, but what's the point in crying and despairing over it? It won't make them come back, we can't help the situation at all and in the end we have to carry on anyways, so why not start getting over it immediatly? Why not skip this step alltogether and get over it quickly? And this was why you would never see me sad or crying at a funeral), therefore making me seem cold or an asshole who didn't understand a shit. I actually understood even more than those hypocrites and fuckfaces, I just didn't find it logical to cry and scream at god like they did, since it wasn't beneficial to anyone, and so I didn't show it and stood with my head up high.

    In that period I came to know of personality disorders (Reading the schizoid personality was like reading my biography) and later discovered of MBTI and all the other tests. In my first test I scored INTJ and kept scoring INTJ since then, occasionally getting INTP (My J/P were always close, like 52-48). Both description applied to me to a very good extent. Discovering my type helped me a lot in seeing what were my true strong points and taking a big advantage of them (learning I was a Ni dominant helped me to focus on my studying style and accelerate studies by A LOT: if before I needed 2 weeks to study for an exam, now 3-4 days are enough to absorb anything and indefinitely).

    Lately I've started investigating the cognitive functions to narrow down what my true type was and I found out that INTJs have Ni Te Fi Se while INTPs have Ti Ne Si Fe. What I know is that I have a very high Ni and Ti and a very bad Se (I'm a shit observer; I look around myself but I miss on so many details. I recently realized the existence of some painting in my house... after 19 years...). I'm most certainly a Ni dom with a very high Ti; I can safely say that my Ti is more pronounced than my Te, therefore making me always dance on the J/P line. Recently I've also found out that INFJs with an underdeveloped Fe can enter the so called Ni - Ti loop, therefore justifying my function stacks, even though it really seems weird to be typed as an F (Tests show a strong preference for T: 90-100%).

    So, what am I? Am I truly an INTJ? Am I an INTP? Or perhaps I am an INFJ whose Fe got assassinated and who's been relying on his Ti since ever? I want to know who I am. (Here's one of my P traits of brainstorming over all the possibilities and at the same time my J need of closure and narrowing down)

    Oh right, if it can help, on Enneagram I either score 5w4 or 4w5.

    If you want to know exactly how I am P and J, let me know. I already tried to shrink this textwall :<

    EDIT
    Forgot to add that I utterly despise my old naive self and I'm in love with my reborn version of myself. It was very hard to get over the embarrassment of describing that naive bag of garbage I was. I just want to know what type that "kid" was and if it is possible to easily and effortlessly play the role of an INTJ, in case I wasn't one.

  2. #2
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Well, cases like this are rather difficult. I am one myself, and I went through the exact kind of development pattern you did. Truthfully, the thinking of INFJ, INTJ, and ENTJ can sometimes meet in the middle. However, based on your reactions I think it's pretty safe to say you aren't an Fe user. You sound far more like a Ti or Te user, and frankly I think you are a Te user. The hard realistic tone you take I strongly associate with Te.

    I would type you as a Ni Te extrovert, which isn't technically possible, but it's the closest label for you. Or you could say you are an ENTJ Te Ni, but the Ni subtype.

    I don't know if you're familiar with Dario Nardi's book on typology and neuroscience research he did with EEG, but basically, unless the guy cooked his data, he found that the 16 types kind of exist, but that different people who are pretty similar to a given type still show brain variation; so for example, maybe most Te users don't pay a lot of attention to emotions of their audience, but they might have the brain activity to detect the emotions well or not, they just as a trend prefer not to weight that information as heavily as an Fe user with roughly similar brain activity in those places.

    This is a round about way of saying that even if you use Ti much more than Te in terms of objective activity, your 'attitude' or 'outlook' might be still Te. To the extent that the functions are a good shorthand of describing our underlying patterns . . .

    If you were an Fe user, you wouldn't have gotten burned and then turned on Fe because you would like Fe. You would find ways to do it in a safer context. You wouldn't give up on it if it was really that important to your happiness; the natural conclusion is that it isn't really that important for you. Make sense?
    Formerly Lion4!5

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Well, cases like this are rather difficult. I am one myself, and I went through the exact kind of development pattern you did. Truthfully, the thinking of INFJ, INTJ, and ENTJ can sometimes meet in the middle. However, based on your reactions I think it's pretty safe to say you aren't an Fe user. You sound far more like a Ti or Te user, and frankly I think you are a Te user. The hard realistic tone you take I strongly associate with Te.
    I guess I haven't fully comprehended Te. Going with descriptions, I would have said that I didn't relate much to Te in general, but it seems it's not that way. Also, I avoided posting additional information about my ways of thinking because otherwise no one would have read the wall of text. I rely on Ni a lot. Whenever I have to study or understand something, be it a text, a subject or a problem, I'll just accumulate random information and then wait for my brain to sort them out until I get that "A-ha!" moment and the solution comes scrolling down before my eyes. My professor told me that I have unusual approaches to problems and that I bypass many steps but that, since it works anyways, it's fine. When my intuition doesn't give me the answer, I have to solve the problem "the hard way".

    I would type you as a Ni Te extrovert, which isn't technically possible, but it's the closest label for you. Or you could say you are an ENTJ Te Ni, but the Ni subtype.
    If it can help, I score 100% on introversion and I can relate to that. I'm asocial and I love being alone. No external noises, no nuissances, more focus, less distractions, silence, peace, space, freedom, thinking... I can only associate positive things to being alone. Also, my energy depletes very quickly in social situations: my energy levels decrease as the number of people who surround me increase. It's inversely proportional, beside that I find most of those settings very boring. I think it's safe to say I'm an introvert, a very extreme example at that.

    I don't know if you're familiar with Dario Nardi's book on typology and neuroscience research he did with EEG, but basically, unless the guy cooked his data, he found that the 16 types kind of exist, but that different people who are pretty similar to a given type still show brain variation; so for example, maybe most Te users don't pay a lot of attention to emotions of their audience, but they might have the brain activity to detect the emotions well or not, they just as a trend prefer not to weight that information as heavily as an Fe user with roughly similar brain activity in those places.
    The only thing I can say is that I tend to dismiss other's emotions in settings that require logical decision-making. They are irrelevant to solve that particular problem, they are not even worthy of attention to me. It's actually like this for everything, now that I think about it... I tend to dismiss anything based on emotion

    If you were an Fe user, you wouldn't have gotten burned and then turned on Fe because you would like Fe. You would find ways to do it in a safer context. You wouldn't give up on it if it was really that important to your happiness; the natural conclusion is that it isn't really that important for you. Make sense?
    Uhm, this is tricky I think. I can only give you one example (which is the only source of doubt): I would get very loving and caring towards my romantic partner and spend most of my time with them when possible. I'd be very loyal, considerate and "deep" in our relationship, with the intention of making it last forever. This side of me is something that will remain locked until I'll meet said person, but nonetheless it's a side from which I'd get a lot of "happiness".

    This side of me has been locked since ever because, as stated before, I realized that people are inclined to be mean and selfish and I simply don't find them worthy. It's even locked to my parents and relatives who I consider on the same plane of acquaintances. In that sense, I don't have any real bonds, any real friends, anything. It's just me and it has been like this for over 20y.

    What I wonder is whether I could be classified as a F since deep inside I'm capable of being so loving, or if it's very unlikely because, as an F, I wouldn't have been able to "resist" till now.

    Thanks for your answer

  4. #4
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Choose one:

    Active due to Overstimulation (Mobilized and Attentive due to fear of being overwhelmed by circumstances)
    Active due to Understimulation (Stimulation-Seeking due to uninteresting or unengaging circumstances)
    Inactive due to Understimulation (Stagnant due to uninteresting or unengaging circumstances)
    Inactive due to Overstimulation (Retractive and Avoidant due to fear of being overwhelmed by circumstances)

  5. #5
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    I guess I haven't fully comprehended Te. Going with descriptions, I would have said that I didn't relate much to Te in general, but it seems it's not that way. Also, I avoided posting additional information about my ways of thinking because otherwise no one would have read the wall of text. I rely on Ni a lot. Whenever I have to study or understand something, be it a text, a subject or a problem, I'll just accumulate random information and then wait for my brain to sort them out until I get that "A-ha!" moment and the solution comes scrolling down before my eyes. My professor told me that I have unusual approaches to problems and that I bypass many steps but that, since it works anyways, it's fine. When my intuition doesn't give me the answer, I have to solve the problem "the hard way".
    Well, I can't tell you you use Te, just that it can't be ruled out based on your work. What you describe about Ni here makes sense; seems likely to be dominant or at least very strong auxiliary. As you said . . .


    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    If it can help, I score 100% on introversion and I can relate to that. I'm asocial and I love being alone. No external noises, no nuissances, more focus, less distractions, silence, peace, space, freedom, thinking... I can only associate positive things to being alone. Also, my energy depletes very quickly in social situations: my energy levels decrease as the number of people who surround me increase. It's inversely proportional, beside that I find most of those settings very boring. I think it's safe to say I'm an introvert, a very extreme example at that.
    Well, see, what you were writing about your childhood attitude reminded me more of an extrovert. And your relative openness; as an extrovert who uses both Ni and Te very heavily, I've gotten along well with Ni Te introverts, but typically get annoyed after a short period of acquaintance because of the sense I get that they are 'withholding' their thoughts and best contributions, whereas I am pretty open with mine.

    But you mentioned that you found it difficult to open up about those details . . . I guess your writing didn't come across as 'repressed', and most Ni Te introvert writing I see has this 'repressed' or 'just the tip of the iceberg but I'm not saying anymore' feel to it.

    But clearly you have to be considered an introvert with that pattern of behavior . . .


    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    The only thing I can say is that I tend to dismiss other's emotions in settings that require logical decision-making. They are irrelevant to solve that particular problem, they are not even worthy of attention to me. It's actually like this for everything, now that I think about it... I tend to dismiss anything based on emotion
    Well, but surely it's relevant if someone becomes too upset because you are allowing the creation of a potentially unpredictable factor that could influence others negatively or otherwise destabilize the situation. I agree with the sentiment, but in practice I always try to keep one eye to the emotional aspect of things. If you don't identify with that, it fits more with the Ni Te behavior I've observed; note I've not discussed this with one. They seem often to focus deeply and intensely on the problem to the exclusion of all else; the extroverts seem usually to keep one eye on the overall environment, and perhaps also don't focus so deeply.


    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Uhm, this is tricky I think. I can only give you one example (which is the only source of doubt): I would get very loving and caring towards my romantic partner and spend most of my time with them when possible. I'd be very loyal, considerate and "deep" in our relationship, with the intention of making it last forever. This side of me is something that will remain locked until I'll meet said person, but nonetheless it's a side from which I'd get a lot of "happiness".

    This side of me has been locked since ever because, as stated before, I realized that people are inclined to be mean and selfish and I simply don't find them worthy. It's even locked to my parents and relatives who I consider on the same plane of acquaintances. In that sense, I don't have any real bonds, any real friends, anything. It's just me and it has been like this for over 20y.

    What I wonder is whether I could be classified as a F since deep inside I'm capable of being so loving, or if it's very unlikely because, as an F, I wouldn't have been able to "resist" till now.

    Thanks for your answer
    Sounds like Fi far more than Fe, and tertiary or inferior Fi at that. Some people say that you can distinguish the tertiary and the inferior definitively; based on the typing I've done in real life, it isn't that simple because life experience can shape what you are more sensitive to.

    You aren't an F; in fact, basically your sensitivity to F probably shows you aren't F. What I've noticed is that a lot of Te or Ti users with F near or at the bottom are very fearful to open up, or at least reserved. I think it's because their capacity of handling strong emotion, especially negative emotion, is lower. So it wouldn't be that they can't have strong feeling, but that they can't control it, and it is a huge glaring weakness that unscrupulous or just insensitive people could use to destroy them if they wore their heart on their sleeve, so to speak. Naturally, they protect it.

    But let's say that you were a Ti user with inferior Fe. You could be ISTP using your tertiary Ni to solve problems. I don't want to rule too much out yet . . . Try watching this video? I found it to be pretty useful . . .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unetLukpiV0​
    Formerly Lion4!5

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Choose one:

    Active due to Overstimulation (Mobilized and Attentive due to fear of being overwhelmed by circumstances)
    Active due to Understimulation (Stimulation-Seeking due to uninteresting or unengaging circumstances)
    Inactive due to Understimulation (Stagnant due to uninteresting or unengaging circumstances)
    Inactive due to Overstimulation (Retractive and Avoidant due to fear of being overwhelmed by circumstances)
    The 3rd.

    I would actually like to do something funny, interesting, entertaining, different, surprising, adventurous, mysterious, strange etc, but let's be real: real life is boring. Nothing interesting really happens, everyone is just focused on their own daily issues and life simply goes on. I feel like I'm just surviving and I've already resigned myself. Even if now something interesting happened, I don't think I would engage in it. I've become too lazy and skeptic.

    What I'd need is perhaps a girl(friend, so it's more motivating) who drags me around in weird situations or makes me go adventuring and doing weird shit with her. That would be ultimately entertaining. But it doesn't happen, it won't happen. I wish this kind of girl existed.

    But you mentioned that you found it difficult to open up about those details . . . I guess your writing didn't come across as 'repressed', and most Ni Te introvert writing I see has this 'repressed' or 'just the tip of the iceberg but I'm not saying anymore' feel to it.
    I've been frequenting psychology forums for like 3 years but this is the first time I decided to disclose what happened in the past because I simply don't like talking about it. I would slap my past self if I could, teach him some lesson and make him react. I despise how I was, it's utterly humiliating for my current persona, but I wanted to know who I truly was, I wanted to dig deep inside and touch the bottom of my core, and so I found it necessary to give you these details. I still cringe to the thought of my past self.

    Well, but surely it's relevant if someone becomes too upset because you are allowing the creation of a potentially unpredictable factor that could influence others negatively or otherwise destabilize the situation. I agree with the sentiment, but in practice I always try to keep one eye to the emotional aspect of things. If you don't identify with that, it fits more with the Ni Te behavior I've observed; note I've not discussed this with one. They seem often to focus deeply and intensely on the problem to the exclusion of all else; the extroverts seem usually to keep one eye on the overall environment, and perhaps also don't focus so deeply.
    Well, I usually try to keep peaceful and calm, especially with strangers and new acquaintances. However, if I knew that someone would get upset because very emotional, I'd try to keep silent instead of sugarcoating. I utterly hate sugarcoating things or being delicate. There is no need for delicacy: if I have to convey an information, that's it. Even when I know it'd be helpful, I'll simply shut up. It just goes against my character. I refuse. If I am on a bad mood that day, emotional people will get on my nerves and I won't hesitate to be brutally honest. I usually keep my cool though. Oh right, I'm more direct and brutal with "friends" or with people who I know I can be like this.

    Sounds like Fi far more than Fe, and tertiary or inferior Fi at that. Some people say that you can distinguish the tertiary and the inferior definitively; based on the typing I've done in real life, it isn't that simple because life experience can shape what you are more sensitive to.

    You aren't an F; in fact, basically your sensitivity to F probably shows you aren't F. What I've noticed is that a lot of Te or Ti users with F near or at the bottom are very fearful to open up, or at least reserved. I think it's because their capacity of handling strong emotion, especially negative emotion, is lower. So it wouldn't be that they can't have strong feeling, but that they can't control it, and it is a huge glaring weakness that unscrupulous or just insensitive people could use to destroy them if they wore their heart on their sleeve, so to speak. Naturally, they protect it.
    Based on what you said:
    1) Ni
    2) Te
    3) Fi
    4) x
    An INTJ would have Ni Te Fi Se and coincidentially I'm a very bad observer, too distracted and missing on "physical" details (I'll go around an environment and fail to detect details; I am seeing them, meaning that the image of that environment is being focused on my retinas, but my brain isn't making anything out of that image, it doesn't even register informations about it); I guess you could identify this with very weak Se, or a very sensible one which gets overstimulated and hardly elaborates all those stimuli. In a way, this would be coherent with the recurring result being INTJ.

    My main doubt was whether I was INTJ or INTP. The alternatives, taking into account a strong Ti, would have been INFJ (ruled out) or ISTP. The latter is actually a bit tricky; I could identify with the idea of the mechanic or the "artisan", since I enjoy a lot crafting stuff out of junk. I'm good at fabricating items when I need them (for example, if I need to cook something and I need a support, you'll see me quickly improvising some sort of item that can function as a support and use it). Moreover, the ISTP is a character I really like; I spend a lot of time playing videogames and the protagonists are often ISTPs but that could just mean that I'd get along with them. Iif we take a look at what kind of character I usually play, I usually play a warrior who charges directly into battle. A brutal walking fortress who relies strictly on brutal strength rather than tactics. I'll try to overwhelm/overpower my enemy instead of playing some mind game. I usually go for the "simple" way: stealth past something? Nah, just kill everything. Even in strictly stealth games like Dishonored and Thief, I'll end up massacring everyone and then calmly loot stuff. However, that could just be my vent valve, since in real life I'm very cautious and overanalyzing. Gaming is probably just a way to release my instincts and impulses.

    Thanks again for your answers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    The 3rd.

    I would actually like to do something funny, interesting, entertaining, different, surprising, adventurous, mysterious, strange etc, but let's be real: real life is boring. Nothing interesting really happens, everyone is just focused on their own daily issues and life simply goes on. I feel like I'm just surviving and I've already resigned myself. Even if now something interesting happened, I don't think I would engage in it. I've become too lazy and skeptic.

    What I'd need is perhaps a girl(friend, so it's more motivating) who drags me around in weird situations or makes me go adventuring and doing weird shit with her. That would be ultimately entertaining. But it doesn't happen, it won't happen. I wish this kind of girl existed.
    Active when Overstimulated - [Ej Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Active when Understimulated - [Ep Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Inactive when Understimulated - [Ij Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Inactive when Overstimulated - [Ip Temperament] - [ or Lead]

    It would seem, then, that your Lead element is probably , and that your type is either LSI () or LII ().

    Being a member of the Introverted Rational temperament, your dominant perspective should seem to be one of internal judgement or critique levied toward the environment. As an Introverted Logical type, this means logically analyzing static perceptions (what is) and categorizing them accordingly. For instance, is an idea proposed by others inherently logical or illogical? Is it reasonable? Is it incomprehensible, error-ridden, or unscientific? In addition, Introverted Rationality provides somewhat of a disdain or at the very least a slight dislike for the Extroverted Irrational temperament. Do you find chaos unsettling, where things aren't clearly defined or properly organized, where ambiguity runs free? Do you actively strive to sort through chaos and ambiguity? To define things in the conceptual and physical environment and put them in their logical place or category so there won't be any confusion?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Active when Overstimulated - [Ej Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Active when Understimulated - [Ep Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Inactive when Understimulated - [Ij Temperament] - [ or Lead]
    Inactive when Overstimulated - [Ip Temperament] - [ or Lead]

    It would seem, then, that your Lead element is probably , and that your type is either LSI () or LII ().

    Being a member of the Introverted Rational temperament, your dominant perspective should seem to be one of internal judgement or critique levied toward the environment. As an Introverted Logical type, this means logically analyzing static perceptions (what is) and categorizing them accordingly. For instance, is an idea proposed by others inherently logical or illogical? Is it reasonable? Is it incomprehensible, error-ridden, or unscientific? In addition, Introverted Rationality provides somewhat of a disdain or at the very least a slight dislike for the Extroverted Irrational temperament. Do you find chaos unsettling, where things aren't clearly defined or properly organized, where ambiguity runs free? Do you actively strive to sort through chaos and ambiguity? To define things in the conceptual and physical environment and put them in their logical place or category so there won't be any confusion?
    I can identify with that: everything people say gets passed through a logic filter; if it makes sense and is based on objective facts, then I'll consider it but if I notice it's even slightly based on emotions or anything irrational, I'm eager to dismiss it.

    I'm also easily annoyed by what you call "extraverted irrational temperament"; I haven't seen this word before but I intuitively "get" what you are talking about. Also, when talking about chaos, I always pictured chaos as in being messy. However, I'm now seeing a new shade of "chaos" and that is indeed something I dislike. I hate ambiguity; I prefer things to be said very clearly and bluntly to avoid any possible misunderstanding or to originate speculations. I try to be the most direct and blunt without sounding too much "asshole". I don't have much of a need to phisically order what is around me; in fact my room is quite messy and I usually don't give a shit about where I put things. But once again, in the conceptual environment I strive to cathegorize things and put order.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    I can identify with that: everything people say gets passed through a logic filter; if it makes sense and is based on objective facts, then I'll consider it but if I notice it's even slightly based on emotions or anything irrational, I'm eager to dismiss it.

    I'm also easily annoyed by what you call "extraverted irrational temperament"; I haven't seen this word before but I intuitively "get" what you are talking about. Also, when talking about chaos, I always pictured chaos as in being messy. However, I'm now seeing a new shade of "chaos" and that is indeed something I dislike. I hate ambiguity; I prefer things to be said very clearly and bluntly to avoid any possible misunderstanding or to originate speculations. I try to be the most direct and blunt without sounding too much "asshole". I don't have much of a need to phisically order what is around me; in fact my room is quite messy and I usually don't give a shit about where I put things. But once again, in the conceptual environment I strive to cathegorize things and put order.
    You are most likely LII and thus a member of Alpha Quadra, then.

    LII - Logical-Intuitive-Introtim:

    [ ] - Ego Block, Strong + Valued + Conscious ["I know I can"]
    [ ] - Super-Ego Block, Weak + Subdued + Conscious ["I know I can't"]
    [ ] - Super-Id Block, Weak + Valued + Subconscious ["I don't know that I can't"]*
    [ ] - Id Block, Strong + Subdued + Subconscious ["I don't know that I can"]

    Generally, those who type as LII (or ILI) tend to also type as INTx in MBTI. In accordance with both theories being based on Jung, however, there is a theoretical assertion that implies that the functions and elements match up.

    Thus, you will often see = Ti and = Ne along with all of the other functions paired with their respective element. This also means there would be strict type correlations, such as INTP = LII, INTJ = ILI.

    *The double negative adds a bit of flair to the Super-Id block. Often times, sociotypes believe that they are competent in their Super-Id block rather than lacking, overestimating their ability.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Meh, so I get back again at the INTJ/INTP dilemma.

    I had narrowed down that I was INTx, then came to know of the loops and of the possibility of being an INFJ or ISTP but, after ruling those two out, I'm back again at the same point.

    If I had to type myself using functions, I'd say: Ni, Ti, Fi, Se with Ni and Ti switchable, which doesn't fit any system.

Similar Threads

  1. Really confused what is my enneagram type?
    By Forever in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:35 PM
  2. What is my enneagram type?
    By Fay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM
  3. What is my MBTI type?
    By surfing_usa_timez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
  4. What is my true type.
    By jixmixfix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 10:17 PM
  5. What is my enneagram type?
    By Eckhart in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO