User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

OMG!!! Another one! Same exact predicament. I picked INFJ.

Reason. People say you are a T, because Ni dom makes you quite dreamy, and not prone to socializing. You spit out that one really profound thing once in a while, which makes people see you as an intelectual. I lol at this.

You listen to them because Fe wants agreement.

Then you go back and think (Ni). Logical disagreement found, I'm not good at math (Ti). Then you do research, which is Se when you are a hermit with access to an infinite source of data labeled the internet.

Finally, INFJs are probably NOT good at functioning normally in social situations. No Fi, can't pick up on subtle gestures.

Fe wants agreement, not a conspiracy found out because this guy raised his eyebrows. I'm not going into why you are not INTP. It goes on the idea that Einstein isn't Bach or Tesla, and Bach or Tesla are both INT, but not the same one. I also believe Edison was the E version of Bach. But yeah, don't ask me what Einstein was if not INTP. Probably a sensor with an incredibly high intellect.

If yes, this should make sense. Even if I'm wrong. Which I know think I am. Darn it. Einstein wasn't an INTP though. Probably Ne dom ENTP.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Meh, so I get back again at the INTJ/INTP dilemma.

I had narrowed down that I was INTx, then came to know of the loops and of the possibility of being an INFJ or ISTP but, after ruling those two out, I'm back again at the same point.

If I had to type myself using functions, I'd say: Ni, Ti, Fi, Se with Ni and Ti switchable, which doesn't fit any system.
    Well, this statement:
    Generally, those who type as LII (or ILI) tend to also type as INTx in MBTI.
    was primarily a deterrent against pointless arguing that might arise over whether or not MBTI and Socionics are exactly correlative, meaning one type in one system matches with specifically one other type in the other system. Declaring this viewpoint often leads some individuals to pipe up, specifically those who happen to believe they are one type in one system and are, simultaneously, another completely different type in the other system, seeing themselves as evidence to the contrary since their own self-typing is assumed to be certain. This, as mentioned, leads to pointless arguing that tends to escalate when accusations are made that one person is mistyped (usually the one who "doesn't fit the mold" as they would put it).

Realistically and for all intents and purposes, LII = Ti-Ne, which, in the Jungian Analysis of MBTI, is denoted as the 'INTP' type.

Socionics is a superior system, anyhow.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Well, this statement:
    was primarily a deterrent against pointless arguing that might arise over whether or not MBTI and Socionics are exactly correlative, meaning one type in one system matches with specifically one other type in the other system. Declaring this viewpoint often leads some individuals to pipe up, specifically those who happen to believe they are one type in one system and are, simultaneously, another completely different type in the other system, seeing themselves as evidence to the contrary since their own self-typing is assumed to be certain. This, as mentioned, leads to pointless arguing that tends to escalate when accusations are made that one person is mistyped (usually the one who "doesn't fit the mold" as they would put it).

Realistically and for all intents and purposes, LII = Ti-Ne, which, in the Jungian Analysis of MBTI, is denoted as the 'INTP' type.

Socionics is a superior system, anyhow.

The infj is one percent of the population, so the probability that anyone would be an infj is almost impossible, but not entirely.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    The infj is one percent of the population, so the probability that anyone would be an infj is almost impossible, but not entirely.
    Not sure if you were wanting to reply to the person above me, or not.

I'm generally of the opinion anyways that sociotypes are spread more evenly among the population [i.e., I'm not too trusting of the listed population-percentages], as it would be terrible for SLEs to never find their dual type.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Not sure if you were wanting to reply to the person above me, or not.

I'm generally of the opinion anyways that sociotypes are spread more evenly among the population [i.e., I'm not too trusting of the listed population-percentages], as it would be terrible for SLEs to never find their dual type.
    Ok. Where did you get that info from and what makes it true?

Socionics
    ILI

Ok. Where did you get that info from and what makes it true?
    It isn't proven true, as denoted by the issuing of "generally of the opinion". It's a common viewpoint held by the vast majority of people who study Socionics due to studies made that point to an even distribution among the population by virtue of dichotomy. It is by no means the only view, however, as some seem to carry the MBTI percentages assessed from dichotomial preferences over to Socionics, saying that IEI, for instance, only occurs within 1-2% of the population with its correlative type in MBTI, the INFJ.

And I still believe you meant to respond to the person that posted above me, Alomoes, as your original statement:
    doesn't seem to pertain to my original post, which was assessing a common viewpoint that Socionics and MBTI types are exactly correlative. I didn't mention the 'INFJ' type at all nor did I assess type distribution originally. Alomoes's post references the 'INFJ'.

This wing brings Twos an extra measure of sociability and the capacity to make things happen. When healthy, can be charming, good-natured and heartfelt. Really get things done, serve effectively on projects that involve the well-being of others. Thrive on group process and are generally good communicators. Enjoy keeping several threads or profjects going at once.

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

It isn't proven true, as denoted by the issuing of "generally of the opinion". It's a common viewpoint held by the vast majority of people who study Socionics due to studies made that point to an even distribution among the population by virtue of dichotomy. It is by no means the only view, however, as some seem to carry the MBTI percentages assessed from dichotomial preferences over to Socionics, saying that IEI, for instance, only occurs within 1-2% of the population with its correlative type in MBTI, the INFJ.

And I still believe you meant to respond to the person that posted above me, Alomoes, as your original statement:
    doesn't seem to pertain to my original post, which was assessing a common viewpoint that Socionics and MBTI types are exactly correlative. I didn't mention the 'INFJ' type at all nor did I assess type distribution originally. Alomoes's post references the 'INFJ'.
    Ohhh lol sorry. But I guess the population percentage is never true bc someone is born like every second... So I guess everyone is more common. You're smart, I gotta say.
    So the MBTI and socionics don't correlate? So I've always been wondering what is more accurate...MBTI or socionics. I'm def a perceiver, but infjs ARE perceived in socionics though... So then again I may be an infp in MBTI? I'm confused.

Socionics
    ILI

Ohhh lol sorry. But I guess the population percentage is never true bc someone is born like every second... So I guess everyone is more common. You're smart, I gotta say.
    So the MBTI and socionics don't correlate? So I've always been wondering what is more accurate...MBTI or socionics. I'm def a perceiver, but infjs ARE perceived in socionics though... So then again I may be an infp in MBTI? I'm confused.
    There is no unanimous opinion that Socionics and MBTI correlate. There are many viewpoints that offer perspective, however, which include:

• MBTI and Socionics directly correlate, with respect to Jung's cognitive functions. (LII = INTP, SEE = ESFP)
    • MBTI and Socionics partly correlate. (LII = INTx, SEE = ESFx)
    • MBTI and Socionics are completely different systems. (LII may equal ISTP, ENFJ, ENTP, or even ESFP)
    • MBTI and Socionics directly correlate, with respect to MBTI's dichotomies. (LII = INTJ, SEE = ESFP)

Now, I support the first theory, that MBTI and Socionics directly correlate with Jung's cognitive functions in mind. However, I am of the opinion that Socionics is a superior system, and really don't care about correlations to MBTI, except for the fact that practically the only way people will ever get introduced to Socionics is through exposure to MBTI.