User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Question >>>> Fi or Fe? <<<<

Hey guys! I just wanted you to help me with something, I have mentioned two scenarios in brief and I would like you to help me determine if these scenarios are indicative of the Fe function or the Fi function. Here goes...

1) Today, I was in culinary class and during the middle of class I decided to collaborate with one of my classmates - Samantha. Samantha saw my recipe and asked me if she could use the same recipe I was using, because it was simpler. I said yes and asked her if we could just double the recipe and then divide the finished product to save effort and time. We managed to get everything done, but because it was getting late, Samantha and I forgot to clean one of the counter tops before we left the kitchen. Our instructor noticed the stain on the counter top and asked Samantha to clean it, he even took off marks on her assessment card, due to incomplete cleaning up. I started to leave, but I couldn't, because I knew that we both had done equal amounts of work. So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes.

2) Around 6 years ago, I was writing an exam, the teacher supervising the exam knew me well. On one of the questions, I got stuck, because I had forgotten some of the information, I asked the teacher what the question meant exactly. He realized I was struggling and told me the answer to the question! A few minutes passed and he came back to my desk and inquired if I had written down the answer he had given me. I simply told him that I did not write the answer he gave me because that would mean that the final marks I received would not be accurate because that one mark would have been due to his help. So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty.

I know these scenarios might not be exactly indicative of Fi and Fe, and I don't mind answering ANY additional questions you guys have...

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Okay, clearly I am doing something wrong here...This post has gotten a lot of views but no replies.

If you would like me to answer any questions you have that will help you determine my type let me know...

MBTI
    INTJ

Assigning internal values and acting according to them sounds more like Fi.

Here's a link with a brief description that might ring a bell (the Fe is a typo): Introverted Feeling - (Fe)

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2 so/sp

Actually I don't think either situation is telling of Fi/Fe. It seems like you are an SJ (traditionalist) though, like you believe you have your rightful place and should not overstep it.
    Likes highlander, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Maybe Fi? It seems to me that Fi is more "thought" (or internal consideration, if you will) whereas Fe is more "interaction". I might be wrong here though, as I'm probably one of the most interactive and expressive Fi-users I know

But yes, I'm leaning towards Fi

"Felt guilty" is mentioned in both cases. I don't view guilt complexes as either Fe or Fi.
    Every little thing that is experienced as a human being doesn't have to be assigned to a function-attitude. To do so would be to miss the forest for the trees.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

That's some 2w1 shit imo. Self sacrifice, having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others and wanting to help however you can.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    That's some 2w1 shit imo. Self sacrifice, having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others and wanting to help however you can.
    Welcome to my entire life. My life revolves around guilt, service, and self-sacrifice for the good of others. I sometimes wonder if my feeling is introverted, as well, since the emotions of those around me impact me deeply.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Assigning internal values and acting according to them sounds more like Fi.

Here's a link with a brief description that might ring a bell (the Fe is a typo): Introverted Feeling - (Fe)
    “It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.”

I don’t really relate to certain aspects such as reading people. I can’t distinguish a person’s emotions just be looking at them. Often this has resulted in incorrect inference. For example I once asked my friend is she was sad because I thought that was how she looked like, she replied saying that she was angry not sad. So pretty much this paragraph is foreign to me. Plus, I trust people fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
    Actually I don't think either situation is telling of Fi/Fe. It seems like you are an SJ (traditionalist) though, like you believe you have your rightful place and should not overstep it.
    I agree that maybe those scenarios were not indicative of Fi/Fe.
    It’s just that I wanted to receive the same treatment as Samantha did, because not doing that would have made me feel dishonest and would have stayed in my conscience for a long time. I didn’t ask to receive the same mark as Samantha did because of anyone but myself, I wanted the same mark because I couldn’t live with the fact that maybe I had lied or cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I would have agreed for most of what you said, but the thing is - I am not really self-sacrificing. I don’t relate to the Enneagram 2 description because I an neither nurturing or a people-person. However, I agree with most of this part “having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others”

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post
    I didn’t ask to receive the same mark as Samantha did because of anyone but myself, I wanted the same mark because I couldn’t live with the fact that maybe I had lied or cheated.
    This doesn't sound like Fe.