• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

>>>> Fi or Fe? <<<<

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Hey guys! I just wanted you to help me with something, I have mentioned two scenarios in brief and I would like you to help me determine if these scenarios are indicative of the Fe function or the Fi function. Here goes...

1) Today, I was in culinary class and during the middle of class I decided to collaborate with one of my classmates - Samantha. Samantha saw my recipe and asked me if she could use the same recipe I was using, because it was simpler. I said yes and asked her if we could just double the recipe and then divide the finished product to save effort and time. We managed to get everything done, but because it was getting late, Samantha and I forgot to clean one of the counter tops before we left the kitchen. Our instructor noticed the stain on the counter top and asked Samantha to clean it, he even took off marks on her assessment card, due to incomplete cleaning up. I started to leave, but I couldn't, because I knew that we both had done equal amounts of work. So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes.

2) Around 6 years ago, I was writing an exam, the teacher supervising the exam knew me well. On one of the questions, I got stuck, because I had forgotten some of the information, I asked the teacher what the question meant exactly. He realized I was struggling and told me the answer to the question! A few minutes passed and he came back to my desk and inquired if I had written down the answer he had given me. I simply told him that I did not write the answer he gave me because that would mean that the final marks I received would not be accurate because that one mark would have been due to his help. So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty.

I know these scenarios might not be exactly indicative of Fi and Fe, and I don't mind answering ANY additional questions you guys have...

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, clearly I am doing something wrong here...This post has gotten a lot of views but no replies.

If you would like me to answer any questions you have that will help you determine my type let me know...

black

MBTI Type
INTJ
Assigning internal values and acting according to them sounds more like Fi.

Here's a link with a brief description that might ring a bell (the Fe is a typo): Introverted Feeling - (Fe)

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Actually I don't think either situation is telling of Fi/Fe. It seems like you are an SJ (traditionalist) though, like you believe you have your rightful place and should not overstep it.

Evastover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe Fi? It seems to me that Fi is more "thought" (or internal consideration, if you will) whereas Fe is more "interaction". I might be wrong here though, as I'm probably one of the most interactive and expressive Fi-users I know :shrug:

But yes, I'm leaning towards Fi

Jaguar

"Felt guilty" is mentioned in both cases. I don't view guilt complexes as either Fe or Fi.
Every little thing that is experienced as a human being doesn't have to be assigned to a function-attitude. To do so would be to miss the forest for the trees.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's some 2w1 shit imo. Self sacrifice, having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others and wanting to help however you can.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's some 2w1 shit imo. Self sacrifice, having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others and wanting to help however you can.
Welcome to my entire life. My life revolves around guilt, service, and self-sacrifice for the good of others. I sometimes wonder if my feeling is introverted, as well, since the emotions of those around me impact me deeply.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Assigning internal values and acting according to them sounds more like Fi.

Here's a link with a brief description that might ring a bell (the Fe is a typo): Introverted Feeling - (Fe)

“It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.”

I don’t really relate to certain aspects such as reading people. I can’t distinguish a person’s emotions just be looking at them. Often this has resulted in incorrect inference. For example I once asked my friend is she was sad because I thought that was how she looked like, she replied saying that she was angry not sad. So pretty much this paragraph is foreign to me. Plus, I trust people fairly easily.

Actually I don't think either situation is telling of Fi/Fe. It seems like you are an SJ (traditionalist) though, like you believe you have your rightful place and should not overstep it.

I agree that maybe those scenarios were not indicative of Fi/Fe.
It’s just that I wanted to receive the same treatment as Samantha did, because not doing that would have made me feel dishonest and would have stayed in my conscience for a long time. I didn’t ask to receive the same mark as Samantha did because of anyone but myself, I wanted the same mark because I couldn’t live with the fact that maybe I had lied or cheated.

I would have agreed for most of what you said, but the thing is - I am not really self-sacrificing. I don’t relate to the Enneagram 2 description because I an neither nurturing or a people-person. However, I agree with most of this part “having a real problem feeling like you're cheating or someone's getting punished and wanting to take the fall with them. Guilt and holding yourself to high moral standards while not holding those for others”

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn’t ask to receive the same mark as Samantha did because of anyone but myself, I wanted the same mark because I couldn’t live with the fact that maybe I had lied or cheated.

This doesn't sound like Fe.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know these scenarios might not be exactly indicative of Fi and Fe, and I don't mind answering ANY additional questions you guys have...

I don't think it is indicative of Fe or Fi.

What is behind your question? What is it you are trying to figure out?

Whether you use Fe or Fi?

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1

To put is simply, I have been trying to find my mbti type for quite a while now. Although I know i use Si/Ne I cannot figure out if I use Fe/Ti or Fi/Te. I know I constantly try to analyze how I react to certain situations to figure out if I am Fi or Fe. Because I've gotten nowhere near to figuring this out myself, I though posting this thread might help me.

I've been told that I am moody and that sometimes the emotions I show to others, do not make sense. For example I'll be really upset watching a comedy movie, or I'll feel extremely sad sitting in class learning about boyle's gas law. I don't like crying or revealing my vulnerability, even in front of my family, because I don't feel close enough to them. This makes me think that I am Fi.

But...

I like to vent out my frustrations to my mom and sister. I don't mind public displays of emotion, in fact, I like it. I am sometimes concerned as to what others think of my projects, assignments, food, etc. I want to please people at times. I try not to offend people with what I say because doing this has backfired on me many times in the past. This makes me think I am Fe.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To put is simply, I have been trying to find my mbti type for quite a while now. Although I know i use Si/Ne I cannot figure out if I use Fe/Ti or Fi/Te. I know I constantly try to analyze how I react to certain situations to figure out if I am Fi or Fe. Because I've gotten nowhere near to figuring this out myself, I though posting this thread might help me.

I've been told that I am moody and that sometimes the emotions I show to others, do not make sense. For example I'll be really upset watching a comedy movie, or I'll feel extremely sad sitting in class learning about boyle's gas law. I don't like crying or revealing my vulnerability, even in front of my family, because I don't feel close enough to them. This makes me think that I am Fi.

But...

I like to vent out my frustrations to my mom and sister. I don't mind public displays of emotion, in fact, I like it. I am sometimes concerned as to what others think of my projects, assignments, food, etc. I want to please people at times. I try not to offend people with what I say because doing this has backfired on me many times in the past. This makes me think I am Fe.

ENFP…
That was easy.

Cygnus

Si is about containing your physical energy rather than radiating it (Se).
Te is associated with societal logic while Fe social concern is based on naturally gleaning off the emotional "radiation" of others nearby and automatically adjusting one's disposition accordingly.

THE SP/SJ/NF/NT CATEGORIZATION IS WRONG. DO NOT USE IT.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But...

There are three things I can suggest.

This test (note these things aren't perfect as is proven by one of our members who took this and got a wrong result)

MBTI Test > MBTI Step II Profile | Career Assessment Site

There is this post

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nctions/37827-dear-fe-user-5.html#post1421311

Here are a few videos

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=26

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=200

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=196

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey guys! I just wanted you to help me with something, I have mentioned two scenarios in brief and I would like you to help me determine if these scenarios are indicative of the Fe function or the Fi function. Here goes...

1) Today, I was in culinary class and during the middle of class I decided to collaborate with one of my classmates - Samantha. Samantha saw my recipe and asked me if she could use the same recipe I was using, because it was simpler. I said yes and asked her if we could just double the recipe and then divide the finished product to save effort and time. We managed to get everything done, but because it was getting late, Samantha and I forgot to clean one of the counter tops before we left the kitchen. Our instructor noticed the stain on the counter top and asked Samantha to clean it, he even took off marks on her assessment card, due to incomplete cleaning up. I started to leave, but I couldn't, because I knew that we both had done equal amounts of work. So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes.

2) Around 6 years ago, I was writing an exam, the teacher supervising the exam knew me well. On one of the questions, I got stuck, because I had forgotten some of the information, I asked the teacher what the question meant exactly. He realized I was struggling and told me the answer to the question! A few minutes passed and he came back to my desk and inquired if I had written down the answer he had given me. I simply told him that I did not write the answer he gave me because that would mean that the final marks I received would not be accurate because that one mark would have been due to his help. So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty.

Sounds like Fi big time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si is about containing your physical energy rather than radiating it (Se).
Te is associated with societal logic while Fe social concern is based on naturally gleaning off the emotional "radiation" of others nearby and automatically adjusting one's disposition accordingly.

THE SP/SJ/NF/NT CATEGORIZATION IS WRONG. DO NOT USE IT.

Te is associated with traditional logic. As for sp/sj/nf/nt, that categorization system is no different from, let's say, sf/st/nf/nt or some other combinations. The difficulty comes when Keirsey claims his temperaments can be used to predict human behavior. This idea is completely unscientific and unfounded.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It is very indicative of Fi. You can see that the OP is primarily concerned with the "self," not with the "other."

"So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes."

"So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty."

These are beautiful, clear-cut examples of Fi cognition.

Jaguar

It is very indicative of Fi. You can see that the OP is primarily concerned with the "self," not with the "other."

"So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes."

"So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty."

These are beautiful, clear-cut examples of Fi cognition.

I'll be sure to tell all the INFJs with guilt complexes.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be sure to tell all the INFJs with guilt complexes.

I can see where he's coming from though. The op sounds rather Fi to me as well. It's not the experience the op is describing which sounds Fi (those could just as easily be INFJ as INFP) so much as the description itself of that experience- it's chocked with 'I/me language'. While an INFJ may be just as preoccupied with chasing pristine integrity for its own sake (and to have guilt complexes), we're more apt to present our thoughts about it in a 'we' language.