First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post

I know these scenarios might not be exactly indicative of Fi and Fe, and I don't mind answering ANY additional questions you guys have...
    I don't think it is indicative of Fe or Fi.

What is behind your question? What is it you are trying to figure out?

Whether you use Fe or Fi?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

To put is simply, I have been trying to find my mbti type for quite a while now. Although I know i use Si/Ne I cannot figure out if I use Fe/Ti or Fi/Te. I know I constantly try to analyze how I react to certain situations to figure out if I am Fi or Fe. Because I've gotten nowhere near to figuring this out myself, I though posting this thread might help me.

I've been told that I am moody and that sometimes the emotions I show to others, do not make sense. For example I'll be really upset watching a comedy movie, or I'll feel extremely sad sitting in class learning about boyle's gas law. I don't like crying or revealing my vulnerability, even in front of my family, because I don't feel close enough to them. This makes me think that I am Fi.

But...

I like to vent out my frustrations to my mom and sister. I don't mind public displays of emotion, in fact, I like it. I am sometimes concerned as to what others think of my projects, assignments, food, etc. I want to please people at times. I try not to offend people with what I say because doing this has backfired on me many times in the past. This makes me think I am Fe.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

To put is simply, I have been trying to find my mbti type for quite a while now. Although I know i use Si/Ne I cannot figure out if I use Fe/Ti or Fi/Te. I know I constantly try to analyze how I react to certain situations to figure out if I am Fi or Fe. Because I've gotten nowhere near to figuring this out myself, I though posting this thread might help me.

I've been told that I am moody and that sometimes the emotions I show to others, do not make sense. For example I'll be really upset watching a comedy movie, or I'll feel extremely sad sitting in class learning about boyle's gas law. I don't like crying or revealing my vulnerability, even in front of my family, because I don't feel close enough to them. This makes me think that I am Fi.

But...

I like to vent out my frustrations to my mom and sister. I don't mind public displays of emotion, in fact, I like it. I am sometimes concerned as to what others think of my projects, assignments, food, etc. I want to please people at times. I try not to offend people with what I say because doing this has backfired on me many times in the past. This makes me think I am Fe.
    ENFP…
    That was easy.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
    Actually I don't think either situation is telling of Fi/Fe. It seems like you are an SJ (traditionalist) though, like you believe you have your rightful place and should not overstep it.
    Si is about containing your physical energy rather than radiating it (Se).
    Te is associated with societal logic while Fe social concern is based on naturally gleaning off the emotional "radiation" of others nearby and automatically adjusting one's disposition accordingly.

THE SP/SJ/NF/NT CATEGORIZATION IS WRONG. DO NOT USE IT.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

But...

There are three things I can suggest.

This test (note these things aren't perfect as is proven by one of our members who took this and got a wrong result)

MBTI Test > MBTI Step II Profile | Career Assessment Site

There is this post

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1421311

Here are a few videos

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum....php?tubeid=26

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?tubeid=200

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?tubeid=196

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hey guys! I just wanted you to help me with something, I have mentioned two scenarios in brief and I would like you to help me determine if these scenarios are indicative of the Fe function or the Fi function. Here goes...

1) Today, I was in culinary class and during the middle of class I decided to collaborate with one of my classmates - Samantha. Samantha saw my recipe and asked me if she could use the same recipe I was using, because it was simpler. I said yes and asked her if we could just double the recipe and then divide the finished product to save effort and time. We managed to get everything done, but because it was getting late, Samantha and I forgot to clean one of the counter tops before we left the kitchen. Our instructor noticed the stain on the counter top and asked Samantha to clean it, he even took off marks on her assessment card, due to incomplete cleaning up. I started to leave, but I couldn't, because I knew that we both had done equal amounts of work. So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes.

2) Around 6 years ago, I was writing an exam, the teacher supervising the exam knew me well. On one of the questions, I got stuck, because I had forgotten some of the information, I asked the teacher what the question meant exactly. He realized I was struggling and told me the answer to the question! A few minutes passed and he came back to my desk and inquired if I had written down the answer he had given me. I simply told him that I did not write the answer he gave me because that would mean that the final marks I received would not be accurate because that one mark would have been due to his help. So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty.

I know these scenarios might not be exactly indicative of Fi and Fe, and I don't mind answering ANY additional questions you guys have...
    Sounds like Fi big time.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Si is about containing your physical energy rather than radiating it (Se).
    Te is associated with societal logic while Fe social concern is based on naturally gleaning off the emotional "radiation" of others nearby and automatically adjusting one's disposition accordingly.

THE SP/SJ/NF/NT CATEGORIZATION IS WRONG. DO NOT USE IT.
    Te is associated with traditional logic. As for sp/sj/nf/nt, that categorization system is no different from, let's say, sf/st/nf/nt or some other combinations. The difficulty comes when Keirsey claims his temperaments can be used to predict human behavior. This idea is completely unscientific and unfounded.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

It is very indicative of Fi. You can see that the OP is primarily concerned with the "self," not with the "other."

"So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes."

"So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty."

These are beautiful, clear-cut examples of Fi cognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It is very indicative of Fi. You can see that the OP is primarily concerned with the "self," not with the "other."

"So, I asked the instructor to take marks off of my assessment card too, because I felt guilty and I would have probably worried about not being punished for my mistakes."

"So even though he told me the right answer, I left the question blank because I couldn't write the answer or else I would have felt guilty."

These are beautiful, clear-cut examples of Fi cognition.
    I'll be sure to tell all the INFJs with guilt complexes.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'll be sure to tell all the INFJs with guilt complexes.
    I can see where he's coming from though. The op sounds rather Fi to me as well. It's not the experience the op is describing which sounds Fi (those could just as easily be INFJ as INFP) so much as the description itself of that experience- it's chocked with 'I/me language'. While an INFJ may be just as preoccupied with chasing pristine integrity for its own sake (and to have guilt complexes), we're more apt to present our thoughts about it in a 'we' language.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari