• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was this chick?!?

Cygnus

So a couple years ago there's this girl sitting near where I am, all quietly and out of the way. Black-haired. I talk to her.
Now the thing is, when she spoke, it's like, I don't know, talking to a god or something. The point is that it's fucked up, it's heavy as hell, and I loved hearing every word. She wasn't even going in on any serious topics, just trivial garbage like chicken setting off the fire alarm, and yet -- the way everything was said, it was so DEEP. Sometimes she'd get really emphatic and all, but it made you care, it was powerful, just being in this person's presence made me feel alive, like no one else ever could.

Now this person's basically out of the scenery now, she found her own group and left. But I want a typing of this person and possible relationship styles so's I can find out what happened. I'm pretty sure she was Fe > Fi and Se > Si: she seemed all quiet and out of the way in her resting state, but her words had this really insane expressiveness and intensity -- and the eye shape, too, was penetrating. I'd thought ENFJ, but a lot of others in this type I met were just loud jerkoffs who sucked dick and partied. I also thought she might have been INFJ-Fe, but she didn't have that "delicate" vibe other INFJ-Fes had.
Enneagram was probably 4.

Who was this person and what was this?

Don't give me any of this Keirseyan "SP/SJ/NF/NT" bullshit, cognitive functions/MBTI or GTFO.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In my experience, Fi and Ni are the functions that people think are 'deep'. ISFP? But I don't see them as deep myself; but I have always known them so I don't know what others would think. I've met INFPs who seemed 'deep' on account of the Fi. A quiet and non-nasty ENTJ? Could be INTJ but the awkwardness factor usually kills that with them. It's hard for me to tell based on your information. There are a lot of different stereotypes. The 'merry god' is usually an ESTP, but they aren't usually seen as 'deep'.

More information?

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's called charisma. You can attain this skill from reading Tony Robbins' books.

Cygnus

Out of curiosity, what made you think that?

You could kind of feel the "impact" of her emotions in her words. She acted like a "cannon," describing a simple life anecdote and then suddenly exploding in intensity upon the key "punchline" or whatnot. More concerned with dynamically expressing itself than its personal "bubble" or integrity attributed to Fis. Ultra edgy.

She was this SHOWER of intensity for the longest time and we connected like I had with none other, but she got all somber when crap hit the fan in her personal life and my simpletonian demeanor didn't impress her.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You could kind of feel the "impact" of her emotions in her words. She acted like a "cannon," describing a simple life anecdote and then suddenly exploding in intensity upon the key "punchline" or whatnot. More concerned with dynamically expressing itself than its personal "bubble" or integrity attributed to Fis. Ultra edgy.

She was this SHOWER of intensity for the longest time and we connected like I had with none other, but she got all somber when crap hit the fan in her personal life and my simpletonian demeanor didn't impress her
I can't say I agree with your limited view of Fi. What you describe could be Fi or Fe.

It's so strange how you depict her. You Ni users - your descriptions and observations are so esoteric, it can be hard to know what they mean and where they're coming from. :newwink: For my sake I might need some clarification:

Was her intensity in her expression (ie. passion), her ideas (ie. depth of thought and/or unexpected revelations), or a matter of your subjective perception of her (ie. due to what you felt/experienced in response to her words). Was she expressing thoughts based more on Judgement or Perception? Did she try to persuade you about certain conclusions or did she just make interesting observations? Did the things she say seem like momentary thoughts or did you get the impression she had thought a bit about them or developed them over some time? Did the deep things she said seem to you like insightful and perceptive ways of explaining/framing things (like repackaging things in a new way) or were they wholly new, alien ideas that were unexpectedly different? Was she speaking about impersonal facts or more about interpersonal concepts and human nature?

Cygnus

Was her intensity in her expression (ie. passion), her ideas (ie. depth of thought and/or unexpected revelations), or a matter of your subjective perception of her (ie. due to what you felt/experienced in response to her words).
Expression. I'd never met a more overwhelmingly expressive person in my life. And there was this "roughishness" element that pretty much got all over you and made you get ready to fight or something. Nice and crazy.