User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Default Help in typing my sister

Hey, I am having trouble figuring out the type of my older sister. In the past, she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder, which, combined with the medications she takes for both, makes it hard to determine her true personality. In fact, I have no idea what sort of person she would be without these mental impairments. I only know her from the behavior she exhibits, which are:

She is very self-centered, but not in a superior way. It's more like, she's oblivious to the lives of everyone else. Her favorite topics of conversation are herself, her romantic interests, and her possessions. Anything beyond that just goes in one ear and out the other. She's not what you would call a "deep thinker". Trying to have an intellectual conversation with her is impossible.

She's a creature of habit. She values being comfortable, and she likes being surrounded by pretty things. She is an obsessive collector, and has about a million purses and pairs of shoes. She also has the same interests she had when she was a teenager. In fact, I think in her head, she still is a teenager.

She likes being around people, but she's not outgoing. When in groups of people, she doesn't talk much. I suspect because she has a hard time relating to them.

She's very sensitive and soft-hearted. She loves animals, and she hates it when they're mistreated. The main reason she quit smoking was, not for the sake of her own health, but the health of her pets.

She's highly sensitive to criticism. She views every differing opinion as a personal attack. She seems absolutely incapable of being rational or objective about anything.

And yet, she's also the most indecisive person I've ever known. It is alarmingly easy to persuade her. If I were a manipulative person, I could get her to change her dinner order a dozen times at a restaurant. It's like she constantly needs outside approval in order to make a decision.

I don't know how much of this behavior is really her, and how much of it is a product of her mental illness. Is there any way to know?

MBTI
    FREE

I'm thinking ISFx.

She views every differing opinion as a personal attack. She seems absolutely incapable of being rational or objective about anything.

She is very self-centered, but not in a superior way. It's more like, she's oblivious to the lives of everyone else.
    Maybe Fi with underdeveloped Te.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by robowolf View Post
    I'm thinking ISFx.

Maybe Fi with underdeveloped Te.
    I've thought the same thing myself. My best guess (even though I don't like guessing) is ISFP.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm weary to be honest, of typing her well anyone online but her her, because if she has all this shit going on its gets mangled and just not good. so i wouldn't bother with her. I mean typing her you can do other shit, and you should
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    In the past, she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder
    Slightly off topic, but how? Those two are mutually exclusive IIRC.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Slightly off topic, but how? Those two are mutually exclusive IIRC.
    From what I know they aren't...? You can get manic+depressive with schizo-affective disorder.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    From what I know they aren't...? You can get manic+depressive with schizo-affective disorder.
    Yeah but depression/bipolarism are already a part of schizoaffective disorder, so you're not going to get a diagnosis of bipolar disorder *and* schizoaffective disorder, but one of schizoaffective disorder - bipolar subtype.

I agree with ISFP. The J-like traits may be side effects of her medication, or condition, or both.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by robowolf View Post
    Yeah but depression/bipolarism are already a part of schizoaffective disorder, so you're not going to get a diagnosis of bipolar disorder *and* schizoaffective disorder, but one of schizoaffective disorder - bipolar subtype.
    I'm sure that's what it is. To be honest, I don't know much about the technical terms or qualifiers. I just know what she and my parents have told me. And I've seen the paranoia, mood swings, and hallucinations she experiences when she's off her meds.