• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just can't make up my mind.

elbell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I just can't figure this out! I'm mostly stuck between ENFP, INFJ, and NTP. I've also entertained the idea of being ISFJ or INFP. Maybe it's something completely different!

Section 1: Inclinations and Skills
1. Briefly describe your ideal social gathering. Include details such as approximate length of time, number of people, location, activity, etc.
I enjoy most, if not all, social gatherings! However, I do prefer that it be only 2-4 hours in length and have a positive vibe. I also like situations where I can serve others. Also, I've recently discovered that I love the occasional party!

2. What sort of tasks do you feel you are naturally adept at?
I seem to be naturally adept at seeing things from other’s perspectives and understanding people as well as their motivations. I’m naturally drawn to gathering information and using it to understand the big picture. I love researching and thinking of new possibilities for the future.

3. How do you feel about interacting with others, before, during, and after?
Before interacting with others, I almost always feel quite nervous. Sometimes that feeling goes away during the interaction, but sometimes it doesn’t. While I love being with people, it often causes great anxiety for me, and I’m not sure why. After I interact with others, I usually feel energized, but I’m ready to spend some time by myself. Maybe I just feel energized because I’m excited to be alone! :)

4. Describe your general mode of expression when dealing with others. You may include some details regarding what you talk about, but primarily describe how you do so.
People often tell me that I am very enthusiastic. I like to make people feel good, even though my social skills aren’t always the greatest. The best way to describe my expression around others is probably “quiet enthusiasm.” I love talking with people about their interests and plans for the future.

5. Describe your general pattern of thought processes. You may include some details regarding what you think about, but primarily describe how you do so.
This question is really hard for me to answer! Mostly, things just kind of come to me eventually. When I really need to figure something out, I’ve found that it’s best to think about it a little, but also let it sit in the back of my mind and come back to it after a while. Then, I will usually have a clearer idea in my mind. I prefer to think on my own as opposed to brainstorming with others, because for some reason it’s hard for me to think clearly when trying to collaborate. Maybe I’m too distracted by listening to others’ opinions and can’t hear my own thoughts. I love being by myself and thinking or writing about whatever I’m interested in at the moment.

6. What sort of tasks have you repeatedly failed at?
I am terrible at completing tasks that involve organization, cleaning, or decorating. It’s hard for me to get myself to have any concern for mundane, physical tasks, leaving many of my areas messy and disorganized. It’s so silly, so I’m trying to work on it! Also, I have absolutely no talent for visual art or contact sports.

Section 2: Motivations and Fears
1. Describe your personal worst case scenario - what would you absolutely hate to have happen to you? Where and how would you most hate to end up?
I am most afraid to end up failing at my career and/or live a life where I am unable to love or be loved. It is of utmost importance for me to be successful, but I also can’t imagine living without people who I can appreciate, and in turn, can appreciate me.

2. Briefly describe a negative experience you believe to have had an impact on you.
Fortunately, I have never had a specific experience that was extremely negative. I am young and my life so far has been quite pleasant and I am very grateful for this.

3. What are the main things you avoid in everyday life?
Mostly, I avoid completing mundane tasks. Also, there are often days that I avoid social interaction because I am too busy in my mind, which tends to have negative consequences in the long run as I ultimately need and sometimes even thrive off of social interaction.

4. What are the main things you seek out in everyday life?
I seek knowledge, inspiration, success, and fun. I want to be liked by others, but I also enjoy my independence, so it’s important that I strike the right balance.

5. What do you wish to accomplish with your life?
My dream is to discover something that I love and dedicate my entire life towards it. I want to be someone who doesn't wish to retire and appreciates the weekdays just as much as the weekends. Right now, I am trying to find out just what that thing will be. I’m not there yet, but I’m getting closer.

Section 3: Image and Expression
1. How do you see yourself?
I’m optimistic, curious, and kind yet also quiet, absent-minded, and sometimes detached.

2. How have you most frequently been described?
People have often describe me as friendly and enthusiastic. Seriously, I’ve had people tell me that I am “the nicest person” they've ever met, which obviously can’t be true. People also tend to ask me why I’m so happy all the time. However, I often feel like people assume that I am too soft and not as capable of intellectual thought, which can be frustrating. Also, I tend to be quite polite, maybe a little too polite.

3. How would you prefer others see you?
While I do appreciate how others see me now, sometimes I wish that I came off as a person with stronger convictions, so that’s something I should work on. Also, I am hoping to become someone who people can more easily be close friends with. I tend to be a little too formal sometimes, so intimacy is something I struggle with.

4. Briefly describe your overall fashion choices and outward demeanor.
I don’t think too much about fashion, but like anyone else I like to wear comfortable clothes that I feel comfortable in. Outwardly, I prefer to portray positivity and genuine interest in others.

Section 4: Attitudes
1. How do you react to stress?
I either focus entirely on what I’m stressing over or completely ignore the problem. Usually, I become really anxious and insecure about my abilities.

2. How do you react to authority?
I respect authority unless I have a reason to think otherwise.

3. How do you react to emotions or irrationality?
While I have trouble understanding my own emotions, it is easy for me to identify what others are feeling. I am very understanding and accommodating of emotion. I believe it is best to approach irrational people with respect and kindness because that may be just what they need.

4. How do you react to cruelty or rudeness?
When I believe that someone is acting with cruelty or rudeness, I try and figure out why they are acting that way before trying to approach them.

5. How do you react to novelty or change?
I almost always love change, even for its own sake. While familiarity can be nice, change is better because usually it helps one move forward. The only things I prefer not to change are my plans, at least when my mind is absolutely set.

6. How do you react to routine or tradition?
I have mixed feelings about both routine and tradition. I was very routine as a child, but that’s what it’s like in my family. Now that I’ve gone away to school, I’m not that way so much anymore. I’m often oblivious to tradition, but it’s nice to share things like that with friends and family.

7. Describe your decision making process.
When making a decision, the first thing I think about is how the decision will affect my future in the big picture. Also, for better or worse, I think about what people will think about the decision and how it will impact others. I’m terribly indecisive, both because I enjoy thinking about new possibilities and because I am prone to putting too many factors into play when making decisions.

Also, here are the results from a cognitive functions test. I usually score higher on Fe than Ti. I must be feeling extra logical today! xD

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.53
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.925
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.75
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.5
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||| 5.54
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||| 3.39
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||| 2.85
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||| 1.8

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is low.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INTP
or Second Possibility: INFJ
or Third Possibility: ENFJ

Thanks you guys! Let me know is you need more info. :)

Navyyyd

Well I'm not that great at typing people but you defiantly are high Fe. My guess would be infj.